Home

Recommendations- Italian food in the Windy City

Posted By: LittleNicky

Recommendations- Italian food in the Windy City - 08/19/14 07:41 PM

Anyone got any recommendations? I'm not in the city enough to know the decent spots. My girl and I were going to make a weekend of checking out the city, maybe going to Indiana Dunes.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Recommendations- Italian food in the Windy City - 08/19/14 09:53 PM

Great neighborhood place with lots of history... Tufano's is a good choice.

https://sites.google.com/site/tufanosrestaurant/

Great calamari! Check out the menu online because they only have the menu on a big chalkboard in the restaurant. If you stand up and go look at it you will stick out lick a sore thumb!

Valet parking in a good neighborhood. There is no sign out front so keep your eyes open. Looks like a small bar but is deceiving. Lots of cool photos on the wall - celebs, sports guys, politicos, etc.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Recommendations- Italian food in the Windy City - 08/19/14 10:07 PM

Funny you showed up, Brother Mark. I was just going to email you to let you know about this thread smile.
Posted By: FriedRavioliFarts

Re: Recommendations- Italian food in the Windy City - 08/20/14 02:26 PM

Nicky,

If you are looking for casual Italian comfort food Tufano's is good. Cash only. The DiBuono grandfather was Capone's chef. I also like RoSal's, La Scarola, Bruna's and Bella Notte. There is also Piccolo Sogno which is fancier than the rest above.

Re: Recommendations- Italian food in the Windy City - 08/20/14 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: FriedRavioliFarts

Nicky,

If you are looking for casual Italian comfort food Tufano's is good. Cash only. The DiBuono grandfather was Capone's chef. I also like RoSal's, La Scarola, Bruna's and Bella Notte. There is also Piccolo Sogno which is fancier than the rest above.

Yeah, I forgot about the cash only thing at Tufano's... thanks, FRF. I guess we are so used to it that it's second nature.

Bella Notte is very good as well. Love that warm fresh focaccia bread they bring out first thing - good stuff! Nicky, you can't go wrong with any of these places.

Enjoy your time in the city! For a nice neighborhood pizzeria, check out D'Agostino's... we like the one in Wrigleyville best.

http://addison.dagsdelivers.com/zgrid/themes/753/intro/index.jsp

Re: Recommendations- Italian food in the Windy City - 08/20/14 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Funny you showed up, Brother Mark. I was just going to email you to let you know about this thread smile.

smile You never need a reason to email me, pb. Anytime! Thanks, bro!
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Recommendations- Italian food in the Windy City - 08/24/14 10:19 AM

My last visit to downtown Chicago, we dined at Italian Village, which was a few blocks from the Willis Tower. From what I understand, it's the oldest Italian place still running in Chicago.

Re: Recommendations- Italian food in the Windy City - 08/24/14 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt
My last visit to downtown Chicago, we dined at Italian Village, which was a few blocks from the Willis Tower. From what I understand, it's the oldest Italian place still running in Chicago.

IDJ - I will never call it "Willis"... it will be Sears Tower forever. wink
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Recommendations- Italian food in the Windy City - 08/24/14 06:07 PM

In my family, we refer to it as "Ron White's Big Old Fucking Building."
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Recommendations- Italian food in the Windy City - 08/26/14 10:22 PM

I appreciate the pointers, guys.

Re: Recommendations- Italian food in the Windy City - 08/27/14 09:23 PM

Little Nicky - Let us know where you went and how you liked it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET