Followed by

Pepperoni
Sausage
Tuna
Chicken
Jalapenos
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/11/14 11:45 AM

Neither my Mother, nor either of my Grandmothers, put anything on pizza except for tomato, a drizzle of olive oil, and maybe some anchovies and olives. And never any cheese, except for maybe a little good grated parmigiano to top it off after it was already nice and crisp. Still my favorite.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/11/14 12:12 PM

Love scilian pie with meat balls and sausage.

I like it for breakfast lunch and dinner and for a snack smile

When I was a kid I only like the regular pie plain no meat balls no sausage
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/11/14 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Neither my Mother, nor either of my Grandmothers, put anything on pizza except for tomato, a drizzle of olive oil, and maybe some anchovies and olives. And never any cheese, except for maybe a little good grated parmigiano to top it off after it was already nice and crisp. Still my favorite.

Man that sounds good. Olive oil and the iPad are the best things since bullets smile
Posted By: SC

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/11/14 12:16 PM

Garlic.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/11/14 01:56 PM

I make my pizza at home, from scratch, including the dough. I top it with mozzarella, sliced pepperoni--and extra-sharp cheddar.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/11/14 02:09 PM

Mine did the same except she did use mozzarella either sliced or grated. I don't remember anchovies although I like them. She made them in rectangular pans and sometimes the cheese at the corners would burn. Loved it! She never used any meat and to this day I don't use meat on pizza.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/11/14 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
I make my pizza at home, from scratch, including the dough. I top it with mozzarella, sliced pepperoni--and extra-sharp cheddar.

That is the exact topping I use at home although I seldom make the dough from scratch. My wife and oldest son usually make a margherita pizza with sliced fresh mozzarella and basil that my wife grows in abundance. It's nice, but I prefer the extra sharp cheddar 50/50 with mozzarella. And pepperoni is usually the only topping I take, other than cheese.

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/11/14 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
She made them in rectangular pans and sometimes the cheese at the corners would burn. Loved it!

Yup. That's it, Oli grin.

And today's Friday, which always meant abeetz. I'm getting hungry now! lol

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/11/14 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: njcapo35
maybe a little good grated parmigiano to top it off after it was already nice and crisp. Still my favorite.
Isn't that what they call a Grandma's pie PB?

Well, we just called it pizza. Being that she made it, the Grandma part was already implied lol.

But yeah, I've actually seen it advertised that way in some Italian delis here in the Bronx. At the Arthur Avenue Market, there's a concession on the Hughes Avenue side of the building with a big ass sign that says Grandma Pizza Over Here, or something like that smile.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/11/14 04:12 PM

If you don't mind me asking PB, where did you username derive from? Were you a pizza delivery man or did you own a pizzeria?

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/11/14 04:17 PM

If you don't mind me asking PB, where did you username derive from? Were you a pizza delivery man or did you own a pizzeria?

I get that all the time, and I tried to put it to rest here several times.

Here it is: I lurked here for a couple of years before finally signing up. I was like 45 years old when I first learned the Internet, so I was kinda leery. Anyway, in December of 2006, when I finally signed up, "There's Something About Mary" was on television in the background. Just when I was prompted to pick a username, Matt Dillon yelled at the phony Englishman, "Tell her the truth, Pizzaboy!" And it just jumped from the television, to me, to the GangsterBB.

And the rest is history smile.
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/11/14 04:24 PM

In the words of my Grandpa, a former pizzeria owner: "I'm a pizza purist. Light sauce, Grande whole milk mozzarella only, and a little Reggiano sprinkled on top is all a pizza needs. Anything else overtakes the flavor."

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/11/14 04:28 PM

That was interesting and funny, and you made that last sentence rhyme, pretty good PB thanks for sharing the story.

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/11/14 07:20 PM

That was interesting and funny, and you made that last sentence rhyme, pretty good PB thanks for sharing the story.

smile
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/12/14 09:59 PM

PB- Not a bad name. My favorite food. I like it with cheese, mushrooms, onions and green olives. Sometimes just like it with a little sauce and cheese
Posted By: Yankees1951

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/12/14 11:09 PM

I get that all the time, and I tried to put it to rest here several times.

Here it is: I lurked here for a couple of years before finally signing up. I was like 45 years old when I first learned the Internet, so I was kinda leery. Anyway, in December of 2006, when I finally signed up, "There's Something About Mary" was on television in the background. Just when I was prompted to pick a username, Matt Dillon yelled at the phony Englishman, "Tell her the truth, Pizzaboy!" And it just jumped from the television, to me, to the GangsterBB.

And the rest is history smile.

Pizza Man so you think your going to tryout for that new game show on History you do know a lot of stuff

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/12/14 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Yankees1951
Pizza Man so you think your going to tryout for that new game show on History you do know a lot of stuff

If they keep the categories restricted to Italian food and New York City pop culture, I'm confident that I could take that shiny headed little butterball Rick Harrison lol.

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/13/14 12:01 AM

If they keep the categories restricted to Italian food and New York City pop culture, I'm confident that I could take that shiny headed little butterball Rick Harrison lol.

Dump a jar of ancient godfather sauce on his bald head
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/13/14 12:28 PM

I do like an anchovy or 10....
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/13/14 12:36 PM

Frank Pepe's Pizza in New Haven makes a delicious White Clam Pizza. Fresh Clams with grated Cheese, Olive Oil, Garlic and oregano. It's Amazing
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/14/14 03:27 PM

Got to be Jalepenos for me, onions and mushrooms.

Posted By: cocooma

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/15/14 05:34 PM

the thinnest crispyest base with pepperroni red & yellow peppers mushroom & red onion... and its gotta be hot straight out of the oven

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/15/14 05:39 PM

I'm just grateful that no one mentioned pineapple or any of that California Pizza Kitchen crap. Because that may have set me off on a killing spree today. And it's raining out, so it would be pretty inconvenient.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/15/14 06:05 PM

For me it's:

Pepperoni
Mushrooms
Black Olives
Extra Cheese

Am I the only one who loves anchovies on pizza? I am use to having it without, because most people don't like them, but I do. ohwell

On the other hand, tho I like them individually, I could never understand pineapple or ham on a pizza. To me they don't go.

TIS
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/15/14 07:26 PM

Nobody loves anchovies more than me. An Anchovy pizza with nothing else is a dream meal for me.

Pineapples on pizza is a mystery to me. They do not go well together.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/15/14 08:21 PM

bbq/hot sauce, blue cheese dressing, those pre-breaded deep fried chunks of chicken, philly cheese steak meat and baked ziti!

a nice plain thin crust jersey shore/bar pie from a place like federici's in freehold will do if you're desperate, but stuff like that is very boring imo, so keep your expectations low! wink

http://www.federicis.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/federicis-pizzeria-freehold

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/15/14 08:28 PM

Now that looks good!
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/15/14 11:30 PM

In no particular order:

Mushrooms
Sausage
Pepperoni
Anchovies
Fresh garlic
Olives

And, occasionally, green peppers.

I know a lot of folks out there like what I would call "exotic" toppings (pineapple, chicken, wildebeest, etc.), but I guess my tastes never extended in those directions.

Signor V.

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/15/14 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli
I know a lot of folks out there like what I would call "exotic" toppings (pineapple, chicken, wildebeest, etc.).

Not in Midwood, though. Right, SV? grin
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/16/14 05:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli
I know a lot of folks out there like what I would call "exotic" toppings (pineapple, chicken, wildebeest, etc.).

Not in Midwood, though. Right, SV? grin

We'd rather die! lol

Signor V.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/16/14 06:50 AM

I usually make my own pizza. I buy the shell - Mama Marys, Thin and Crispy; the sauce - usually a better brand, DelGrosso or Marzetti (not Prego); a chunk of Mozzerella and I cut thick slices; and now for the toppings! I dice up white onion, red pepper and mushroom, saute (fry) and spoon over the cheese, fresh spinach leaves and slices of fresh tomato; and depending on availability, slices of meatball (from a previous dinner, made be Mrs. MC), or squares of deli ham, or pancetta (Italian bacon), or prosciutto. smile

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/16/14 07:45 AM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
I usually make my own pizza. I buy the shell - Mama Marys, Thin and Crispy; the sauce - usually a better brand, DelGrosso or Marzetti (not Prego); a chunk of Mozzerella and I cut thick slices; and now for the toppings! I dice up white onion, red pepper and mushroom, saute (fry) and spoon over the cheese, fresh spinach leaves and slices of fresh tomato; and depending on availability, slices of meatball (from a previous dinner, made be Mrs. MC), or squares of deli ham, or pancetta (Italian bacon), or prosciutto. smile

Sounds very yummy mary I just had 2 pecans rolls. I'll have a big breakfast once I'm able to go to the bathroom.

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/16/14 10:44 AM

I'll have a big breakfast once I'm able to go to the bathroom.

I'm telling you. A nice bowl of Fiber One cereal BEFORE you go to sleep, and a cup of strong black coffee as soon as you wake up, will make you a new man. Ad you don't have to do it every day. Once a week is fine.

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/16/14 11:56 AM

You two guys sound like Frank and Fritzy right now! whistle
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/17/14 02:09 PM

I can name one that's no longer a favorite -- bacon. Over $500 in dental work later...
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/17/14 03:49 PM

Pepperoni..
Posted By: fanaledrinks

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 07/22/14 08:12 AM

There’s no way a normal and sane person could like anchovies.
If you order anchovies on your pizza, I’m just going to assume you have someone locked in your basement.
They never eat pizza in company.
And they definitely eat it with a fork and knife.
Very, very slowly.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 08/03/14 12:03 PM

When we lived back in New York State, my in-laws would occasionally have anchovies on their pizza. I can tolerate them but would rather not ruin a good pie. I miss Buffalo pizza so much. Very hard to find a good one down here in Dixie. Won't one of you Fed-Exp me one ??? lol
Posted By: Bugsyvegas1930

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 08/03/14 12:10 PM

Anchovies are a snack of choice in Southern Italy & Sicily, like potato chips here. Thick slice of Italian bread, good extra virgin olive oil and anchovies....anchovy meatballs are big in Calabria as well.

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 08/03/14 12:12 PM

Pizza is best with homemade crumbled sweet sausage, homemade meatballs, fresh basil & fresh garlic with hot peppers fused with garlic, oregano and oil.

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 08/03/14 12:14 PM

A cup of hot water with lemon at night and the a.m will keep you regular. I also take acidophilus as well as a teaspoon of Metamucil daily
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 08/03/14 09:28 PM

"I got dosed with acidophilus once, back in '68. I was with your dad and them at the Copa. Fuckin' BOAC stewardess put it in my drink. Jerry Vale's singin' and I look over. Your Uncle Jun's got laser beams shootin' out his eyes!" lol

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 08/03/14 09:40 PM

LMAO- Paulie Walnuts on his trip to Florida with T
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 08/03/14 09:48 PM

Mushrooms.
Posted By: PetroPirelli

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 08/26/14 08:37 AM

If you never had L&B Spumoni Gardens pizza then you never had pizza.

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 08/26/14 08:58 AM

Great place Petro. The parking there is horrendous on weekends!

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 08/26/14 08:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Bugsyvegas1930
Anchovies are a snack of choice in Southern Italy & Sicily, like potato chips here. Thick slice of Italian bread, good extra virgin olive oil and anchovies....anchovy meatballs are big in Calabria as well.

My father eats them right out of the can!

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 08/26/14 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Great place Petro. The parking there is horrendous on weekends!

Place is always packed! My family has been eating there for generations.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 11/17/14 05:50 PM

Because it's an almost certain ingredient of pizza, mozzarella is the most popular cheese for Americans. Also, Americans eat over 100 acres of pizza a day. Madonne!
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 11/18/14 06:01 PM

Prosciutto and salami.

Inb4 gabagool
Posted By: Mark

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 11/18/14 07:10 PM

Sausage, pepperoni, mushroom, green peppers, onions and black olives. Perfecto!
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 11/18/14 09:19 PM

Cheese
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Favorite pizza topping - 11/19/14 04:51 PM

Jalapenos are good. Chili flakes too.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET