Home

All you Can Eat Places!!

Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/05/14 10:25 AM

We have a few of these over here now but a new one has opened up, the exotically named Za Za Bazaar. They only have 2 places in the UK so far, one in Newcastle and another in Bristol.

We went last night and it was awesome, the best of these places I have been to. £14 a head each with drinks on top, fairly reasonable.

www.zazabazaar.com

When you click on just put Newcastle as the place to be.

I ate so much my wife had to roll me out. We were supposed to go to the cinema after but I was in to much pain!!!
Posted By: SC

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/05/14 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
I ate so much my wife had to roll me out. We were supposed to go to the cinema after but I was in to much pain!!!

lol That's my boy!!!

We have Brazilian steakhouses here that have all-you-can-eat deals. They have a dozen different types of meat/steak and they bring them around to the tables. If you want the particular offering you simply say so (or some places have red and green blocks of wood for you to signal "yes" or "no"). I used to go to a few of them with a lady who also had a big appetite, and we'd take turns rolling each other out of the place.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/05/14 09:17 PM

I love the Brazilian places! We went to an awesome one on 49th Street, but I can't remember the name of it. There's also one down in Florida called Area Code 55 (apparently the area code for Brazil) that was delightful.

My favorite all you can eat place is Number 1 Sushi. There's no buffet, you simply order off of two menu sheets as many times as you like, so the food is prepared and served fresh each time. It's also a very good price at $22. My husband swears he eats his weight in sashimi each time we go!
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/05/14 10:18 PM

Sushi Hunter in San Francisco has a similar deal. $25 for all you can eat sushi which you select from a menu and is then made to order. Most Sushi places in SF you won't get more than one roll and two or three orders of Nigiri. Good quality and selection too.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/05/14 10:53 PM

hard to beat an early 90's taco from wendy's! lol

Posted By: Turnbull

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/06/14 01:16 AM

Your place looks interesting, Yogi.
The problem with all you can eat places in general is that food stays on a steam table until all the flavor and goodness are heated out of it. That goes especially for Chinese buffets, which are the only beffets we have here. Chinese food by definition has to be fresh and crisp, and buffet is anything but. The problem in particular is that I tend to eat all I can eat... sick

The Brazilian places SC and SB referred to are exceptions because, instead of a steam table, the waiters rotate among the tables with freshly made food, which they carve or dole out on request. SB: we used to go to the one on 49th Street when we lived in NY, then to Brasilia, a similar joint in Newark's Ironbound district. Incredibly good, incredibly cheap.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/06/14 04:03 PM

All You Can Eats are not my fav for most of the reasons TB cited. I've gone to Harrah's and Borgata down here in A.C. Not impressed; dried up over salted food. I have a lasting image of an All You Can Eat in Ocean City, MD (I don't remember the name). One of their big items was King Crab legs. As we were leaving there was a large male with a giant pile of legs that he was working on. Sitting with him was his spouse I guess. She was finished eating and was sitting there with a totally bored look on her face. He was in no hurry.

Do you know what BUFFET stands for? Big Ugly Fat Fuckers Eating Together. Enjoy!
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/06/14 05:53 PM

Just about says it all, doesn't it? grin

Signor V.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/06/14 06:53 PM

That sounds like a great place, Yogi.

I agree with the comments about the Chinese buffets. The last ones I visited had a hibachi grill, so I filled my plate with loads of the fresh meats and vegetables and let the chef make me a fresh stirfry. Then I repeated two more times with differnt combinations and sauces.
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/07/14 04:41 AM

A word from the master:

Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/07/14 09:33 AM

Weird coincidence that the Chinese restaurant is named Golden Dragon and this is an OC board. In SF there was a gangland massacre at a restaurant in Chinatown. This was in the 70s - the name of the place was Golden Dragon!
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/07/14 12:41 PM

Lydia Bastianich has a place called Becco's on Restaurant row in NYC that has 3 types of all you can eat pasta. It's awesome with a good and reasonable wine list. Get there befor the theater goers or after.
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/07/14 04:00 PM

Anybody ever heard of Cici's Pizza?

www.cicispizza.com

In college, we used to gorge in there around 2:30am when the bars closed down...I'm still burping up that shit!
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/08/14 02:47 AM

Bean, Becco is one of my favorite restaurants. I never had the pasta special, but their lemon chicken is amazing. I agree about their wine list. It's very good and very reasonable!
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 02/08/14 02:46 PM

Looks good, you can't beat all you can eat places pending the food is half decent and not old lol.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 04/06/14 06:08 PM

I found a brunch place that serves bottomless mimosas for $5.00 can't beat that!
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 04/06/14 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Mikey_Sunset
Weird coincidence that the Chinese restaurant is named Golden Dragon and this is an OC board. In SF there was a gangland massacre at a restaurant in Chinatown. This was in the 70s - the name of the place was Golden Dragon!

Guy I used to work with got shot in the chest in that massacre. He survived, thank goodness.

We visited with a friend in Henderson NV last month. She said we should visit the buffet in the M Hotel there--said they had plenty of Asian selections, and the buffet was popular with Asians. Yes to both, but the quality sucked--again, Asian food is meant to be eaten fresh, not off a steam table.
Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 04/11/14 02:12 PM

If I go to a buffet I go to a Chinese or Indian place.
Posted By: NNY78

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 04/12/14 01:07 PM

Golden Corral has some good stuff. Not sure if there are any in the Tri State area though?
Posted By: bigboy

Re: All you Can Eat Places!! - 04/14/14 02:28 PM

I hate buffets. I see young kids handling the food, sometimes sneezing on it and dropping it on the floor. My daughter worked at Golden Coral for 5years and had some doozies to tell us. It's almost impossible for the restaurant to control it if the parents won't.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET