Home

Best Food Movie Ever..?

Posted By: Pilsner

Best Food Movie Ever..? - 04/20/13 10:22 PM

My favorite food movie is Big Night, with Stanley Tucci and Tony Shalhoub. The movie centers around two brothers who own “The Paradise,” a failing Italian restaurant. One brother, Primo (Shalhoub), is a perfectionist chef who despises the “bastardization” of Italian food and creates authentic, Italian cuisine. His brother, Secondo (Tucci), is the manager and promoter of a restaurant that is sinking more and more by the day.

In a last-ditch effort to save their business, the two put together a “Big Night” of Italian cuisine extravagance to impress an influential singer. The last meal of the movie is a sight to behold, and what I consider the finest food scene ever filmed.

The movie has inspired restaurants to show the film and have “theme nights,” but I have a hard time imagining their menus can touch the films. This is a serious MUST SEE for any foodie!!!

So what do think? What is your favorite food movie?
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 04/22/13 03:11 AM

I'd hafta say MoonStruck.

I like the traditional , Engagement dinner scene

The Mother going out to dinner / and others.

Cage works in a Bakery.

The Breakfast at home, at the end, I like the bread being fried in the pan with the egg in the center,,,, we do that often with left ova bread and always think of that.

DP
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 04/22/13 01:01 PM

The Godfagther I and II. I cannot watch without red wine and pasta. They are eating or drinking in almost every scene.

Come to think of it, When aren't they eating or drinking?
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 04/23/13 01:55 PM

I like a movie called DINNER RUSH with Danny Aiello in it!!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 04/23/13 05:07 PM

Lilo got it right when he reviewed it awhile back. "Big Night" it is. Best food movie ever, and one of the greatest independent films ever made.

Someone mentioned the egg scene in "Moonstruck." Great scene in a great film. But in my opinion Moonstruck" isn't really a food movie, it's a rom-com. Here's the final scene in "Big Night." Stanley Tucci makes a frittata for himself, his brother and the busboy. Very basic, no filling. That could be me cooking for one of my kids on any given day.

And does the busboy look familiar? Well, that's Marc Anthony circa 1996, before his singing career took off and while he was still trying to make it as an actor.

Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 04/23/13 06:14 PM

in elementary school, everyone used to always rave about the original "charlie and the chocolate factory", and our teachers used to make it a point to not show the movie to far from lunch because it supposedly made everyone so hungry. looking back on it, that movie really sucked! my vote, ratatouille! cool
Posted By: olivant

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 04/23/13 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Lilo got it right. "Big Night" it is. Best food movie ever ...

2nd best. The Donner Party is the best.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 04/23/13 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
in elementary school, everyone used to always rave about the original "charlie and the chocolate factory", and our teachers used to make it a point to not show the movie to far from lunch because it supposedly made everyone so hungry. looking back on it, that movie really sucked! my vote, ratatouille! cool

I agree that's my favorite food movie and The Breakfast Club
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 04/23/13 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

I agree that's my favorite food movie and The Breakfast Club

Yeah this looks delicious lol - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaLJPjLIdRQ
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 04/24/13 01:56 AM

Big Night is definitely my favorite food movie.

"Sometimes the spaghetti likes to be alone."
Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 04/24/13 03:22 PM

I love eating while watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. wink

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 04/24/13 03:36 PM

The worst food I ever saw in a movie was the buffet in Vegas Vacation.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 04/25/13 03:22 AM

Big Night, very Cool.

The other guy is Tony Shalhoub right?
Posted By: Pilsner

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 04/27/13 06:12 AM

It's Shalhoub in his pre-Monk days, but he's still sporting the wild hair. I heard an interview with him where he says he has a great career playing the "misc. ethnic" character.
Posted By: Lilange

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 07/12/13 04:56 PM

Fatso one of the funniest food movies ever
Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 07/12/13 06:08 PM

[img]http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4854774365815598&pid=1.7&w=229&h=173&c=7&rs=1[/img]
Posted By: Logomassini

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 07/12/13 06:13 PM

Welcome to Good Burger, Home of the Good Burger, Can I take your order? Honestly I probably could've racked my brain a littler harder on this topic and Good Burger is pretty childish but hey I put in my input.
Posted By: Danito

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 07/13/13 10:16 AM

"L'aile ou la cuisse" starring Louis de Funes. (Don't know if it was ever shown in the US)
Posted By: VanillaLimeCoke

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 07/14/13 02:16 AM

A Feast At Midnight.

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 08/05/13 05:14 PM

Babette's Feast
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 12/17/13 02:50 AM

I'll second Dinner Rush. Great cast with Aiello and also Edoardo Ballerini (Corky on the Sopranos), Kirk Acevedo (Oz) and Mark Margolis (Scarface, Oz and many others).
There was a fun movie that I remember from when I was a kid called "Who's Killing the Great Chefs of Europe". I haven't seen it in years and can't find it on DVD but from what I recall it was a terrific food movie.
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 12/17/13 06:08 PM

I'll admit that Harold and Kumar gave me a craving for White Castle.

Also, "Eat Drink Man Woman" was a decent food movie, if you like Chinese cuisine. It was the movie that put director Ang Lee on the map. It was about an old school chef in Taiwan. IIRC, this scene shows the dad preparing Sunday dinner for his daughters.

Posted By: klydon1

Re: Best Food Movie Ever..? - 01/04/14 04:24 PM

In Grindhouse I get a craving for nachos, which I normally can easily pass, when watching Kurt Russell sloppily wolf down a greasy platter.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET