Home

Whats your favorite Italian dish?

Posted By: Wilson

Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 10/31/12 07:28 PM

Describe your perfect Italian Meal you would order at your favorite Italian restaurant.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 10/31/12 08:26 PM

ravioli carbonara cool

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 11/01/12 10:14 PM

Honorable mention goes to Eggplant Rollatini for me. Which is also known as involtini di melanzane.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 11/01/12 10:26 PM

Good old fashioned spaghetti & meatballs with a great salad and garlic bread. Dee-lish!

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 11/01/12 10:30 PM

It sure makes you feel sleepy after eating such a wonderful meal. Thats why Expresso was created. smile
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 11/01/12 10:49 PM

A small serving of spaghetti carbonara (made the correct way), followed by veal francese with a nice salad and some crusty bread, followed by a cappuccino and a nice tartufo to finish it all. I'd pair it all with a lovely pinot grigio.
Posted By: johnnyboysala

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 11/01/12 11:32 PM

Cavatelli alla norma at La Rusticana in Modica, Sicily. Hands down the best meal of my life....
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 11/02/12 11:17 AM

Any dish whatsoever along with half a dozen bottles of Pinot Grigio would do it for me!
Posted By: RichieAnimal

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 01/07/13 10:50 AM

Capozelle the entire head of a sheep could order it in Rao's on pleasant ave in east Harlem at one time, but not anymore unfortunely. Can still get it in a place in Florida.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 01/07/13 11:00 AM

No offense Richie, but do you really eat that?

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 01/07/13 03:07 PM

My father did and he would give me a taste. It is not only an Italian dish I can get it in Berlin in a Turkish restaurant I know. Incidently their tomato soup tastes like MA gravy. It is a meal in itself I would buy tge crappy Italian food they sell in Germany scrape off their sauce they put on it and replace it with Turkish tomato soup and it's great.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 01/07/13 04:40 PM

What is that old school Sicilain food were they use the guts/instestines and everything else from the animal and sell it in a piece of bread. The food is sld on the streets and is usually covered with blankets....It sounds like Sufrita?
Posted By: Revend

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 02/13/13 06:52 AM

I like spaghetti carbonara because it is my favorite food item. I can eat this food from any restaurant.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 02/16/13 08:14 PM

Gina Lollobrigida. Can you believe she's 85.

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 02/17/13 02:38 AM

God you had to say how old she is i still think of her as the way she looked in trapeze
Posted By: johnnyboysala

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 02/18/13 09:50 PM

Hey beanshooter, i think you mean stigghiola. last year i headed down into the borga veccio in palermo about 7pm on a Saturday night and ate at a little street place called arrusti e mancia.

A guy named michele cooked up the smokiest creamiest stigghiola, which you eat on bread with a beer. just sat on these weird plastic chairs in the middle of a busy, smokey square in one of the poorest parts of town. kids on scooters zipping along the pavement (sidewalk for you americans) and skinny little one eyed kittens eating scraps off the floor. Its a seriously poor, really weird place and at one point a fight broke out and someone threw a porceline vase out a 3rd floor window. half the buildings look like theyre about to fall down, genuinely crumbling, with half the building condemned as being unsafe for habitation and the other half live in. its amazing to think its still europe.

but as an experience of the rougher end of Palermo life, there was no better food to accompany it than stigghiola . if anyone here is ever in palermo, i seriously recomend u check this place out
Posted By: KevinRoe

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 03/30/13 08:52 AM

I like "BaccalĂ  fritto" and oftenly made this dish for my family we love to eat it and its taste is sounds good to have in. We make it more spicy and add the extra ingredients.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 04/02/13 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: RichieAnimal
Capozelle the entire head of a sheep could order it in Rao's on pleasant ave in east Harlem at one time, but not anymore unfortunely. Can still get it in a place in Florida.

They serve it on Maundy Thursday, the day before Good Friday before Easter Sunday. This passed Thursday, invitation only. Every year, in few I know of, homes and Italian mainstream Resturants. Always invitation only and a huge event for many organizations and groups. I was honored with a rare invite once since not many non Italians were invited to the certain event I attended. It was outstanding. Food off the map and yes, several honored guest were served the eyeballs of the Lamb.

Oh, as for my fav Dish, I love it all but would have to say Stuffed shells or Mussels Marinara over some Linguini or spegetti.

DP
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Whats your favorite Italian dish? - 04/03/13 02:01 PM

Still linguine and white clam sauce for me, but it has to be done perfectly.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET