Home

Coffee & Life

Posted By: Frosty

Coffee & Life - 12/17/11 07:54 PM

What kind of coffee do you drink ?

How do you like your coffee?

How much coffee do you drink?

No matter what nationality you are. Coffee has been in your nasal passages since how early ?

To you the best brewing way ?

Whar do you buy your coffee ?

Lets get started hare. cool
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Coffee & Life - 12/17/11 08:26 PM

I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I like my two cups of cappucino every morning. I own a Rancilio Sylvia espresso machine, and I grind my own beans. I used to buy French roasts from Costco, but they only sell them in big bags, so they get stale at the pace I use them. I buy an Italian roast equivalent from a roastery downtown here, and it's very flavorful.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Coffee & Life - 12/17/11 08:45 PM

It's been about 10 years since I drank any kind of coffee except regular coffee. My coffee drinking is down to usually no more than two cups per day,usually one. As long as it is dark and rich, it's okay. I can't stand any type of weak coffee; it jus doesn't taste the same. Anybrand will do. Occasionally I get pretty bad heartburn from the coffee, but I put up with it. I have gone for a couple of days at a time without any coffee, but I start drinking it aggain because I enjoy it.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Coffee & Life - 12/17/11 09:37 PM

I drink regular coffee. I am not into Starbucks or what I call "glorified" coffee. Maxwell House, Folgers, any basic brand. Oh, and it has to be black. No cream/sugar here.

I MUST have my morning coffee and usually drink about 3 cups. I seldom drink coffee other than in the morning except if I am having dinner at a restaurant, then I always have coffee or if I have dessert (which isn't often) like cake/pie, coffee goes good with dessert. smile

BUT best cup is that first cup in the morning.

TIS

Re: Coffee & Life - 12/17/11 10:56 PM

I love my coffee strong , and also love ground bean's . For speical coffee's . Otherwise Folger's Columbian Roast. In a perculator. It is so much more , tasteful, aromic, sorry for the spelling , but yes , I keep it down due to B/P and such. Please do not ruin it with cream or sugar. If I have had a bad wine accident, I would love an expresso, double .

And yes no matter what time of day , coffee is the best when you get up !

Frosty
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Coffee & Life - 12/17/11 11:21 PM

One thing that bugs me though is I like my coffee steaming hot. Any coffeemaker I've had never brews it hot enough for me. ohwell I usually pour a cup and put it in the microwave for a minute.

TIS
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Coffee & Life - 12/18/11 06:15 AM

Starting in college I ended up drinking upwards of a pot or two a day after a while -- and would spend hours on end at the diner with unlimited refills (they probably hated us, 50 cents for the first cup and 3 hours of refills lol )

After years of that, it was down to "only" one or two 20-ounce cups in the morning. Black, too, cuz that's what I got used to in college, because who could afford milk and sugar? lol

Anyway, I love coffee -- but for me now, it's only a rare treat after dinner at a restaurant. I can't drink it in the morning (or, at least on an empty stomach) anymore. It wrecked my stomach or something, tho a friend said adding milk would help.

About 8 years ago I switched from coffee to tea (green and/or black). Past year or so I've even given that up for no reason. I just drink water now, but should try the tea again cuz it's good for ya (and green tea doesn't have much caffeine)...
Posted By: SC

Re: Coffee & Life - 12/18/11 07:34 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I just drink water now...

panic Fish fuck in it.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Coffee & Life - 12/18/11 09:31 AM

Just regular coffee for me, maybe 4 or 5 cups a day!

And yes i know i am a Brit....and no i don't drink tea!!!!

Well not very often anyways wink tongue

Re: Coffee & Life - 12/22/11 08:40 PM

At this moment I am having a cup of strong Folgers and a good cigar a Victor Sinclair limited from Brazil it is the only smoking I do anymore. This will last me all day and then it will be after Christmas dinner I will have another.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Coffee & Life - 12/22/11 09:12 PM

frown I love coffee but unfortunately I fit in with JG and his, what seems to be, addictive personality for it. I quit it in February and before then I'd happily drink a good cup before I even thought about leaving my flat. Once I'd get to work I'd devour anywhere from 8-15 more. It was rediculous.

Although it wasn't my heart rate I was too worried about, it was my stomach. It's under control but I've had a history of ulcers and excess acid caused by a hiatus hernia and basically there's a shed load of things I should avoid in my diet. Unfortunately Caffeine is one.

Boooo!

Re: Coffee & Life - 12/22/11 09:34 PM

TG , I understand , one of those things in life. Seems like all the things I like , they like me also to much . Tx for the input.
Posted By: fortunato

Re: Coffee & Life - 01/09/14 05:22 PM

I drink dark French roast. I freaking LOVE my coffee. I drink maybe 2 pots of coffee and 4 shots of espresso. I have been drinking coffee since I was 5 maybe. The best way to brew is to make it normally then French press it, makes it really strong, yummy.
Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Re: Coffee & Life - 04/11/14 03:54 AM

When I want a cappuccino or a real Caffè macchiato (not the fake sugar/caramel drink Charbucks makes that is not a macchiato at all) I go out for it at a local Italian restaurant.

At home I grind my own coffee beans and use either a pour over filter with a paper filter, a moka pot, a Neapolitan coffee maker (you flip them upside down), and I have an electric steam espresso machine.

I also have a percolator and a coffee maker that I use if I am having guests who want multiple cups of coffee. Sometimes I will use a pot and just make coffee on the stove the way it is made in Latin America.

If I'm feeling lazy I use pre-ground Lavazza brand espresso/coffee.

I make coffee strong but that's how I enjoy it.

I used to drink 3-5 cups of it a day all with caffeine; but now I just drink 1-2 8oz cups with milk/light cream, and sometimes panela or palm/coconut sugar. If it's after 12PM I usually don't drink it or just drink decaf if I am ordering in a restaurant.

I also love tea and all types of it and drink at least one cup of it a day.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Coffee & Life - 04/14/14 02:32 PM

I love coffee and have 2-4 cups every AM. I might try to cut that back just a little bit. I do like Duncans and now that we were given a Kerig coffee maker we like the donut shop brand. I really do not enjoy Starbucks. The milder blend seems better though.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Coffee & Life - 05/11/14 12:45 PM

Update on espresso: Trader Joe's Italian Roast is now my favorite. Good price, too.
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: Coffee & Life - 05/11/14 02:31 PM

My aunt had 7 cups of "caw-fee" the other day had to be rushed to the hospital
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Coffee & Life - 05/11/14 03:15 PM

Don't drink coffee but love cafeen. So I take no doze regularly love getting nervous easily because I am a sick bastard smile
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Coffee & Life - 05/11/14 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Update on espresso: Trader Joe's Italian Roast is now my favorite. Good price, too.

Trader Joe's wine, Trader Joe's coffee . . . Sometimes I think you ARE Trader Joe, TB lol.

Re: Coffee & Life - 05/11/14 07:20 PM

Had my 4 cups of AM coffee and now fixing to make an after dinner coffee. Some doctors now saying it helps prevent cancer- hope they are right
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Coffee & Life - 05/11/14 11:29 PM

I've had cancer twice, two different kinds, and I drink plenty of coffee, so don't count on it.
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: Coffee & Life - 05/12/14 10:01 AM

Ive never had a cup of coffee in my life, i feel im missing out lol.

Think i might try one soon, although i am quite sensitive to caffeine in energy drinks and even tea to be honest.

But i have to say i love the smell of coffee, especially in Amsterdam for some reason. Could be all the pot i was smoking to be fair grin

Re: Coffee & Life - 05/12/14 10:25 AM

Get a bottle of Manhattan Special instead

Re: Coffee & Life - 05/12/14 10:32 AM

Loved to sniff coffee as a kid.

Loved to sniff Tanqueray Gin as well.

Really liked to sniff coke after I started to make a little money. But the bottle made my nostrils too large. So I had to stop.
Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Re: Coffee & Life - 05/13/14 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
One thing that bugs me though is I like my coffee steaming hot. Any coffeemaker I've had never brews it hot enough for me. ohwell I usually pour a cup and put it in the microwave for a minute.

TIS

Get a pour-over basket and paper filters.

Either pour hot water from a tea kettle on it 20-30 seconds after it boils so it cools down before you pour it on the fresh ground coffee, or make the coffee in a pot on the stove but pour it into the paper filter before it boils.

Do not use boiling water as this will make the coffee taste bitter.

By making coffee these ways it will be hot and it's better than just a regular coffee maker or an overpriced Keurig machine.

French presses and moka pots also work well but some people find coffee made with these to be too strong but I enjoy it.

Re: Coffee & Life - 06/07/14 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I've had cancer twice, two different kinds, and I drink plenty of coffee, so don't count on it.
I am sorry to hear of your cancer. My wife (Also a Sicilian babe) has had cancer 3 times and I had it once so I certainly am not counting on it's preventative qualities. I guess I can just use that as an excuse for drinking so much coffee.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Coffee & Life - 06/07/14 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: afriendofours
Ive never had a cup of coffee in my life, i feel im missing out lol.

You and I both. I, however, have never felt that I was missing out on anything.
Posted By: fanaledrinks

Re: Coffee & Life - 07/22/14 08:24 AM

It's been about 10 years since I drank any kind of coffee except regular coffee. My coffee drinking is down to usually no more than two cups per day,usually one. As long as it is dark and rich, it's okay. I can't stand any type of weak coffee; it jus doesn't taste the same. Anybrand will do. Occasionally I get pretty bad heartburn from the coffee, but I put up with it.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Coffee & Life - 07/22/14 09:14 AM

I invested on a Nespresso coffee machine a few years back and it beats any cappucino maker out there, including restaurant machines. Cappuccino in the morning with a few Biscottis is the breakfast of Champions!
Posted By: PetroPirelli

Re: Coffee & Life - 08/28/14 07:32 PM

Starbucks Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino wink.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET