Home

Mobster Restaurants

Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Mobster Restaurants - 05/07/11 05:33 PM

Interesting article from the Huffington Post about eateries around the United States with organized crime connections.

Mobster Restaurants

Signor V.
(Who prefers his linguine without the hot lead. wink )
Posted By: SC

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 05/07/11 06:59 PM

Included on the list is the Tommaso Restaurant in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn.

That's Signor Vitelli's territory. You'll be safe there. shhh

FWIW - I've eaten there. The food was good but rather expensive.

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 05/07/11 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Included on the list is the Tommaso Restaurant in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn...The food was good but rather expensive.

Well, whaddya expect after tax, tip and 50% vig? tongue

Signor V.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 06/12/11 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Included on the list is the Tommaso Restaurant in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn.

That's Signor Vitelli's territory. You'll be safe there. shhh

FWIW - I've eaten there. The food was good but rather expensive.

Yes, very good, but Manhattan style prices. It was a regular hangout for "Big Paul." If memory serves me correctly they even had a portrait of Big Paul hanging on one of their walls. Been about 12 years or so since I was there.

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 06/12/11 11:52 PM

Hey, how about Plaws favorite Restaurant... Casa Dante?

One review said that it was a "favorite hangout for Politicians and Gangsters alike!" lol

Brings back a lot of good memories of our get togethers....especially with Plaw.

PLAWS FAVORITES :

It really was an excellent restaurant.
Posted By: Frosty

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 12/17/11 08:02 AM

This sure does look good.
Posted By: Smurph

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 01/28/12 11:01 AM

Tomasso's in Dyker Heights is very good. Still see mob bosses there like Liborio Bellomo (Genovese Street Boss), Domenico Cefalu (Gambino Boss) and Bradford "The German" Cox Shundler (Genovese Ruling Committee).

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 02/02/12 05:37 PM

Would someone please be so kinds as to what a average meal with tip a couple of drinks might cost ? I have never been to a place like this.

Thank You .

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 02/27/12 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Frosty
Would someone please be so kinds as to what a average meal with tip a couple of drinks might cost ? I have never been to a place like this.

Thank You .
I would like to ask the above question again! Who knows maybe I might take a trip . wink
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 02/28/12 07:51 AM

Well, like any "decent" restaurant around here: probably $15-30 for each entree, at least $10 for each appetizer and $8-12 for each dessert, $5-10+ for each drink, plus 7(NJ)-9(NYC)% sales tax, plus 20% tip, .... you're looking at about $50-75/per person plus any other expenses (parking, gas, valet, coat check, pay-offs, whatever) for a "good" night out.

Just paid $100 for 2 for a 'fancy' but not spectacular meal here in a strip mall (not counting the BYOB!). The food was good, but not great -- I would've enjoyed an $8 gyro more probably. So it goes. wink

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 02/29/12 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Well, like any "decent" restaurant around here: probably $15-30 for each entree, at least $10 for each appetizer and $8-12 for each dessert, $5-10+ for each drink, plus 7(NJ)-9(NYC)% sales tax, plus 20% tip, .... you're looking at about $50-75/per person plus any other expenses (parking, gas, valet, coat check, pay-offs, whatever) for a "good" night out.

Just paid $100 for 2 for a 'fancy' but not spectacular meal here in a strip mall (not counting the BYOB!). The food was good, but not great -- I would've enjoyed an $8 gyro more probably. So it goes. wink
Thank You my friend for having the respect and consideration to answer this question ! This means alot to me ! A honest answer to a honest question ! Come out to South Dakota , the items will be on me ! You can take that to the bank !

Frosty
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 03/04/12 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Smurph
Tomasso's in Dyker Heights is very good. Still see mob bosses there like Liborio Bellomo (Genovese Street Boss), Domenico Cefalu (Gambino Boss) and Bradford "The German" Cox Shundler (Genovese Ruling Committee).

please elaborate on this guy Bradford "The German" Cox Shundler?
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 03/05/12 03:56 PM

Is that restaurant Tomasso's In Brooklyn still around? The one Castellano enjoyed? If so has anyone eaten there? Or did before it closed?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 03/05/12 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Smurph

Barney wouldn't be caught dead in a mob hangout.
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 03/09/12 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
please elaborate on this guy Bradford "The German" Cox Shundler?

Mysterious dude. Refer to the Philly Irish Mob Thread:
http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=619466#Post619466
Posted By: Skinny_Vinny

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 03/12/12 10:12 PM

In the Massino book, "The Last Godfather" it is "revealed" that Da Nico on Mulberry Street is mobbed up. The idiot author described the news as some kind of shocking revelation, while I'm thinking to myself that I'd be shocked if that place wasn't mobbed up.

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 03/13/12 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny
In the Massino book, "The Last Godfather" it is "revealed" that Da Nico on Mulberry Street is mobbed up. The idiot author described the news as some kind of shocking revelation, while I'm thinking to myself that I'd be shocked if that place wasn't mobbed up.

What rock dd this author crawl out from under!

Perhaps someone should inform him that, at one time, every nook and cranny of every business and restaurant in Little Italy was mobbed up!
Posted By: Sicilian1

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 05/03/12 08:27 PM

Two great restaurants I go to when I go to NYC and depending on what area I'm visiting:

Tony's DiNapoli - 43rd Street (Times Square)
http://www.tonysnyc.com/

La Mela Ristorante - 167 Mulberry St.(Little Italy)
http://www.lamelarestaurant.com/
Posted By: Big Alex

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 10/13/12 06:37 PM

AFAIK, it's not Mobbed up, but La Trattoria on Ave. U in B'klyn has the best Bolognese sause in the five boros.

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 10/14/12 02:53 AM

That restaurant's pretty close to where I live, though I have to confess I've never eaten there. Sounds interesting.

Here's their website:

La Trattoria

Signor V.
Posted By: Big Alex

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 10/19/12 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Is that restaurant Tomasso's In Brooklyn still around? The one Castellano enjoyed? If so has anyone eaten there? Or did before it closed?

Yes I believe it is still there.

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 10/23/12 05:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Alex
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo

Yes I believe it is still there.

It was mentioned at the beginning of this thread. Kinda pricey.

Tomasso's Restaurant

Signor V.
Posted By: shorty

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 10/24/12 10:32 PM

BEEN THIER BAY 8 ST & 86 ST .STILL BEENING USED...
FOOD AND SERVICE "10"
ONLY 12-- 14 TABLES, PLUS BACK ROOM.
Posted By: shorty

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 10/24/12 10:41 PM

I USED TO LIVE BAY 8 & OFF CROSPEY.
ONE NIGHT TOOK MY DATE TO TOMASSO S,
IN THE MIDDLE OF MEAL OWNER CAME TO ME, SAID
THEY HAD TO CLOSE REST.
BAGGED UP EVERYTHING SENT US ON OUR WAY..
[EVERY WAS FREE]
WALKED OUTSIDE ,MUST HAVE BEEN 6-7 LIMO S WAITING TO COME IN...
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 10/25/12 05:24 AM

Not for nothin', shorty, but please revert to NO CAPS if you're gonna pick one or the other. Thanks wink
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 01/09/17 12:19 AM

Just got back from Angelo Lutz's joint in Collingswood N.J.,2nd time,1rst was better but cant complain,daughter gave us a gift cert.4 xmas..had the rigatoni w/sunday gravy,think it was missin' the braciole,not sure cause i couldn't finish it all..great arancini though,Ang doing paperwork right @ the counter.. maybe he don't like being alone in an office where he cant see behind him.
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 05/20/17 04:35 AM

"mob joints" aren't always the best food. Theres NUMEROUS examples of LCN guys dumbing down ingredients and authenticity to save $$$$.
Posted By: Raven

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 05/20/17 08:11 AM

The New Corner at 7201 8th Avenue in Brooklyn was originally owned/operated by Armand Rava of the Gambinos and Harry Fontana of the Profaci family. Carmine Lombardozzi used hang there. It is still there according to the website.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 05/22/17 11:26 PM

There are a million places on 4 th Ave in bay ridge here in Brooklyn. If I did go to one known as a mob hangout. I would go on a Sunday when they are not around. Plus I would not wear an expensive suit. I was supposed to go to Rao's my favorite place some years ago to see a friend. I could not get there because I was baby sitting my Grand daughter Mia so I did not make it. My best friend and his daughter was there. Their was a shoot out in the place that night. His daughter was almost hit with a stray bullet. I don't need that shit. If I was there we probably would have cooked the guy who fired the gun instead of him being arrested by the cops.

I was in a Sicilian restraunt near a mob wanabee restraunt in Bay ridge on Easter. The food was not that good, but the waiters were all Italian and not the illegals that usually work in these places. They were respectful and nice people. They played Italian music I like to listen to while I am eating. Not too dark my eyes are not that good anymore plus I did not go with a girl friend that I did not want the wife to know about. So I had a good time plus I had a few of my Grand children there that always makes me happy. Until the end where I go to pick up the check and the kids said they will pay. I hate when they do that. It's like my wife's friends do when we eat with them. They dived the check four ways and tip about 20 percent with their credit cards. They do it like they never saw me pick up a check. They are like 4 cheap bastards good forbid they over tip for good service. I hate people who do that.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 01/05/18 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Footreads

Until the end where I go to pick up the check and the kids said they will pay. I hate when they do that. It's like my wife's friends do when we eat with them. They dived the check four ways and tip about 20 percent with their credit cards. They do it like they never saw me pick up a check. They are like 4 cheap bastards good forbid they over tip for good service. I hate people who do that.

I hate that shit too.
Posted By: Japseye1

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 07/29/18 01:50 AM

Anyone who wants to join the ranks should hang out at these bars lol
Posted By: Japseye1

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 07/29/18 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Footreads
Until the end where I go to pick up the check and the kids said they will pay. I hate when they do that. It's like my wife's friends do when we eat with them. They dived the check four ways and tip about 20 percent with their credit cards. They do it like they never saw me pick up a check. They are like 4 cheap bastards good forbid they over tip for good service. I hate people who do that.

Did you give Vin a hard time after? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXY6fQUDr3o

I remember when I was a kid seeing my grandfather almost on the verge of punching relatives because they were arguing about who paid the tab. There was a few times when I saw people get into serious arguments over it and I never knew what the big deal was. I just wanted someone to pay then get the fuck out

the only time you should tip is if you are flush or once in a blue moon if the waitress (never waiter) is doing a great job and really stressed out. but with that being said my father was a steve buscemi and didn't believe in tipping, maybe 20 cents if the staff was lucky lol
Posted By: OurThing

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 08/16/18 08:35 PM

Tommaso and Ferrara’s are two places I’ve wanted to visit because of the Gambino connection. Also Dante & Luigi’s in Philly, where (allegedly) Skinny Joe Merlino unleashed a hail of bullets at Scarfo Jr.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Mobster Restaurants - 08/22/18 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by OurThing
Tommaso and Ferrara’s are two places I’ve wanted to visit because of the Gambino connection. Also Dante & Luigi’s in Philly, where (allegedly) Skinny Joe Merlino unleashed a hail of bullets at Scarfo Jr.

Originally Posted by OurThing

RE: Dante & Luigi's ..been there quite a few times,very nice atmosphere , good enough food ,(albeit old school)..& if they r not 2 busy will show u the table where it happened & give a little insight, but have a good wad w/ u cause they r WAY overpriced, when u can get better food in south philly 4 a lot less $$.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET