Home

Rispoli's

Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Rispoli's - 01/24/11 05:02 PM

My niece and her husband brought over lobster tail pastries from a bakery named Rispoli's in Ridgefield, NJ. They were amazing. I've never tasted better. I'm going to try and get there soon.

I was just wondering if any of our NJ members have been there??
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Rispoli's - 01/24/11 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
My niece and her husband brought over lobster tail pastries from a bakery named Rispoli's in Ridgefield, NJ. They were amazing. I've never tasted better. I'm going to try and get there soon.

I was just wondering if any of our NJ members have been there??

They also have a place here on Staten Island.

This past summer we went to a show at the St. George theater and stopped next door at Rispoli's after the show to have Cappuccino's and pastry. Very good stuff! They also make homemade Italian ices which are delicious!
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Rispoli's - 01/25/11 01:24 AM

...I was just wondering if any of our NJ members have been there??

Been there???

It's about 5 blocks away from my home. We get pastries & cookies there on most special occassions and when visiting, and my mother & sister always get their Italian Rum cakes for their birthdays.

On Christmas Eve morning, there is always a line stretching around the block to pick up that evening's goodies (pre-ordered, I am sure).

Love the place. You walk in and there's always that same familiar arome, hard to explain but it's not just the smell of a bakery..it's the smell of an Italian bakery!!

SB when you get there there's a pretty good selection other than the lobster tails. Whatever you choose will be of the same quality and you WON'T be disappointed. Enjoy!!

Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Rispoli's - 01/25/11 05:46 AM

I'm pretty sure I've had it as well -- if not, something close to it. I'd trust them with a wedding just by reputation... Ridgefield, anyway... wink
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Rispoli's - 01/25/11 11:20 PM

My wife reminded me that the original Rispoli was on New Utrecht Avenue in Brooklyn.

BROOKLYN

STATEN ISLAND

NEW JERSEY

Re: Rispoli's - 01/26/11 01:39 PM

If it ever stops snowing, I plan on taking a ride over to the NJ location. My daughter bought me Buddy Valastro's cookbook for Christmas. I read the lobster tail recipe, and vowed immediately to never, ever attempt it. I'd rather buy them, and the ones brought by my niece were the best I've ever tasted.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Rispoli's - 01/26/11 01:44 PM

Babe - I know you are a fellow Cake Boss fan so you are going to love this news...Buddy will have a new 1/2hour show called "Kitchen Boss" starting this Monday on TLC. It is a daily cooking show featuring guests and members of his famiglia and recipes from his book. I think it is on 5:30 EST and 4:30 CST. Personally, I can't wait!
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Rispoli's - 09/05/16 06:57 AM

Wow! You have a thread on my cousins' bakery!! How cool is that! cool They really do have the best Italian pastries in north Jersey. I think they have another shop in Emerson but I've only been to the one in Ridgefield. I have a couple cake recipes in our Alfano Family Cookbook from Josie Rispoli smile
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Rispoli's - 09/05/16 11:25 AM

My wife watches the cake boss. I never knew how much art is involved in making a cake.

The thing about the show I liked was in the old days relatives would pool all their money together and buy a small business like a bakery. So they all would have jobs that was why all the close relatives worked there. Normally they did not hire people outside of family.

Things were different years ago. The normal work week was 6 days a week. It was not 4 or 5 days. A good raise was 5 cents an hour
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Rispoli's - 09/05/16 11:36 AM

Don Cardi was the place in Brooklyn near New Utrecht HS?

I played a lot of fun soccer there with my friends. There was one guy from their Enzo. He had a fantastic skill he used the toe kick. He could put one a low flying ball 50 yards right on a team mates foot and the ball got there in a hurry. I tried to learn to do it as just another skill, but I could not do it. If you can't do it you can't teach it.

Most coaches see a kid who can do it would try to get him to unlearn it and work on the other passing skills. I always thought yes teach him the other skills, but if he has a skill that works let him keep that one and also teach him the other skills.

Re: Rispoli's - 12/04/16 02:38 AM

I found a favorite new place for lobster tails. I tried Maria's Bakery in Saddle Brook, NJ. Very old school bakery, everything was delicious. They even had lemon knot cookies. Highly recommended if you're in the area!
Posted By: bronx

Re: Rispoli's - 03/02/17 02:21 AM

Rispoli had the best italian ices,
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Rispoli's - 03/02/17 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: bronx
Rispoli had the best italian ices,

Bronx I pm you. Check it out
Posted By: bronx

Re: Rispoli's - 03/02/17 07:50 PM

Alex send again ,i never got it?
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Rispoli's - 03/03/17 12:52 AM

Yes I did Bronx, thank you
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Rispoli's - 06/11/17 05:19 PM

I found a favorite new place for lobster tails. I tried Maria's Bakery in Saddle Brook, NJ. Very old school bakery, everything was delicious. They even had lemon knot cookies. Highly recommended if you're in the area!

My Aunt said the same thing as you about how good a bakery they are. She gets the Italian cookies from them. But, I didn't ask her if she thought they are better than Rispoli's, didn't want to put her on the spot lol

It's too bad I joined this forum so late in the game. It would have been very nice to chat with you especially about food. Hope one day you will come back to post. smile
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET