Home

BoozeWatch!

Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

BoozeWatch! - 10/09/10 03:14 PM

A bottle of rose wine for the Yogis tonight (a cheeky little Californian Beringer no less) and then a few bottles of Stella Artois for moi smile

Cider for Mrs. Yog
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: BoozeWatch! - 10/09/10 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
...a few bottles of Stella Artois for moi smile

Do they really call it Wife-Beater in England??

My husband has been mixing up something we've named a Safari. It's Skyy Grape Vodka and cranberry juice. Quite delicious.

Re: BoozeWatch! - 10/10/10 12:35 PM

Wife-beater??? eek

My wife is the only mean drunk in our house i'll have you know..... tongue

Re: BoozeWatch! - 10/11/10 01:42 AM

My husband said that the people in his London office referred to Stella Artois that way when they ordered them in the pub - a reference to Marlon Brando in "Streetcar Named Desire" in his wife-beater undershirt yelling "Stella!". lol

Re: BoozeWatch! - 10/11/10 11:08 AM

grin

Re: BoozeWatch! - 10/15/10 03:22 PM

Tonight i will be sippin on whatever is available....

Cider possibly smile

Re: BoozeWatch! - 10/20/10 12:18 PM

Tonight i may treat myself to a pint or 3 cos i am on days off today and tomorrow!!

Re: BoozeWatch! - 10/23/10 03:04 AM

Finally was able to buy some more Skyy grape-infused vodka. It's getting tougher and tougher to find. AND it was on sale!! Grabbed two bottles.

Re: BoozeWatch! - 10/24/10 01:08 PM

We have friends coming over tonight and i am off work tomorrow so i will be guzzling as much as i can...or at least till i burst lol
Posted By: Frank_Nitti

Re: BoozeWatch! - 10/27/10 09:56 PM

Charlie Sheen called, we're gonna have a couple of beers tonight!
lol

Re: BoozeWatch! - 10/28/10 11:06 AM

lol lol

Re: BoozeWatch! - 11/02/10 03:37 PM

On my recent weekend on London i managed to consume 2 bottles of Stella,2 bottles of Magners cider,2 bottles of Coors light (otherwise known as piss) 5 pints of lager and 3 pints of Wembley lager (over priced piss in plastic glasses), 6 cans of Heineken and a glass of wine.........

Re: BoozeWatch! - 11/06/10 03:19 PM

Been on nights all this week so not a drop of the demon drink has even kissed my lips.......
Posted By: SC

Re: BoozeWatch! - 11/06/10 03:22 PM

Been on nights all this week so not a drop of the demon drink has even kissed my lips.......

That explains it.... I heard on the news this morning that six bartenders, four barmaids and two distillery workers were laid off in England this week.

Re: BoozeWatch! - 11/06/10 03:28 PM

I think it was 3 distillery workers actually SC..... tongue

Funnily enough they have just knocked down one of our neighbourhood bars this week. It has been closed for a while anyways and is no great loss cos it was a complete shit hole!

Going to become a care home i believe!

Re: BoozeWatch! - 12/01/10 03:28 PM

Tonight i am going to slurp down some Guinness. 4 cans in the fridge with my name on them cool
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: BoozeWatch! - 12/10/10 12:41 PM

I have found that a shot of Vodka and one of Limoncello on the rocks make for a very nice sipping drink. Full of Vitamin C.

Re: BoozeWatch! - 12/10/10 05:28 PM

You need to try some of my hubby's homemade Limoncello! That'll get your heart going.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: BoozeWatch! - 12/12/10 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
You need to try some of my hubby's homemade Limoncello! That'll get your heart going.

Better than Sorrento's? I'm ready for any taste of the lemon-cello.d

Re: BoozeWatch! - 12/12/10 03:12 AM

He makes it with lemon zest and grain alcohol, then hides it in the closet for months, adding sugar or simple syrup, and then hides it some more.

He served it to his mom, who rarely exceeds two glasses of wine, and she walked around all evening saying, "My tongue is numb! My tongue is numb!" lol
Posted By: Lorenzo

Re: BoozeWatch! - 12/13/10 04:26 PM

I prefer a nice glass of scotch on the rocks with just a splash of water. The ultimate stress reliever for me.

Re: BoozeWatch! - 01/13/11 09:49 PM

Stella tonight for Yogi.

Just the 4 bottles though.......

Re: BoozeWatch! - 02/27/11 01:59 PM

Tonight i will be imbibing whatever i can get my grubby little hands on as i have not touched a drop all week and i have a day off tomorrow.

Re: BoozeWatch! - 02/27/11 02:38 PM

Tonight i will be imbibing whatever i can get my grubby little hands on as i have not touched a drop all week and i have a day off tomorrow.

Uh oh.... hide the sterno.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: BoozeWatch! - 02/28/11 06:50 PM

I used to drink 100-proof Bourbon, but my last drink of Bourbon was 41 years ago. Since then, the only spirits I've imbibed have been brandies--usually Cognac and Armagnac--maybe once or twice a year. Haven't had any in about five years. So, I went into the high-end emporium in town and bought a bottle each of two very special Mediterranian brandies: Metaxa Grand Fine (Greek) and Cardinal Mendoza Gran Reserve (Spain). Haven't opened them yet.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: BoozeWatch! - 03/01/11 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
..... brandies--usually Cognac and Armagnac--maybe once or twice a year. ... So, I went into the high-end emporium in town and bought a bottle each of two very special Mediterranian brandies: .... Haven't opened them yet.

How 'bout a drink? Have a little brandy -- that'll help sweat it out.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: BoozeWatch! - 03/01/11 12:22 AM

I only drink Fridays and Saturdays usually. Stoli O and Sprite Zero or Three Olives Grape and Sprite Zero. Beer has a lot of calories in it, so I don't mess with it as much anymore. Blue Moon is my favorite tho. :-D

Re: BoozeWatch! - 03/01/11 01:29 AM

Patrick, if you like the Three Olives Grape, try Skyy Grape if you can find it. I like it even more! To me, the Three Olives has a bit of a medicinal taste.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: BoozeWatch! - 03/01/11 03:48 PM

I'll have to check it out. Three Olives Grape is really sweet, so I don't drink it as much. I've had regular Skyy before and it tasted fine. I love my Stoli O though. grin

Re: BoozeWatch! - 03/01/11 06:25 PM

Try it with cranberry juice. The tartness of the juice cuts the sweetness. It's a terrific combination, especially in summer.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: BoozeWatch! - 03/04/11 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
..... brandies--usually Cognac and Armagnac--maybe once or twice a year. ... So, I went into the high-end emporium in town and bought a bottle each of two very special Mediterranian brandies: .... Haven't opened them yet.

How 'bout a drink? Have a little brandy -- that'll help sweat it out.

lol
Oh, DC, you won't see him no more...
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: BoozeWatch! - 03/04/11 07:00 PM

When we were in Cozumel last week, we were drinking 'Mezcal'. It is probably the nastiest stuff I've ever drank. I thought it would be like Tequila, but it was probably closer to gasoline.

Re: BoozeWatch! - 03/04/11 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
'Mezcal'. It is probably the nastiest stuff I've ever drank.

That shit will grow hair on your tongue.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: BoozeWatch! - 03/04/11 08:23 PM

Crown Royal and Dr Pepper is my drink of choice.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: BoozeWatch! - 03/04/11 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: Just Lou
'Mezcal'. It is probably the nastiest stuff I've ever drank.

That shit will grow hair on your tongue.

Among other things. lol

Re: BoozeWatch! - 03/07/11 03:38 PM

Was at my cousins 40 th birthday party up in Scotland at the weekend and if its thing the Scots can do it is drink. Lager, Belhaven Best bitter,vodka shots....and that was just in the house brfore we got to the club panic

Messy but fun....and a severe hangover the next day uhwhat
Posted By: XDCX

Re: BoozeWatch! - 05/21/11 06:10 AM

Enjoying a nice, frosty Heineken before bedtime. smile

Re: BoozeWatch! - 07/12/11 03:02 PM

Been on nights a lot lately so no booze for me.....starting to get a thirst on now though tongue

Re: BoozeWatch! - 07/12/11 06:22 PM

My daughter and her friends all turned 21 in recent months, so they've been experimenting. A few of them came over for a swim the other night and brought different flavors of Pinnacle vodka. The whipped cream was yummy, but my daughter liked the cotton candy. They're all a bit sweet, but fun to do as shots on a summer night.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: BoozeWatch! - 07/12/11 08:40 PM

Aha... Leading by example, are we? tongue

Signor V.

Re: BoozeWatch! - 07/13/11 01:47 AM

After reading that, it did come across rather horribly, didn't it?
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: BoozeWatch! - 07/13/11 03:36 AM

Pinnacle is my favorite (cheaper) brand, but I don't buy the flavored stuff -- it's only 70 proof. whistle

Re: BoozeWatch! - 07/13/11 03:42 PM

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker! This combines both!
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: BoozeWatch! - 07/15/11 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Pinnacle is my favorite (cheaper) brand, but I don't buy the flavored stuff -- it's only 70 proof. whistle

I'm not even dignifying this with a response...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET