Home

A good Tuna dish

Posted By: Turi Giuliano

A good Tuna dish - 07/03/09 09:47 PM

Hi guys it's been a while but I'm actually asking for advice regarding cooking. Rare from me as I'm usually too proud, especially when it comes to cooking. Basically me and the lady take turns each Wednesday and cook for each other, have a bit of wine etc. and simply make the effort to do something nice. We're both pretty decent when it comes to cooking but after a couple of months I'm starting to find I've pretty much gone through my cooking repertoire . So I've been trying new stuff and this week I'm going for a 3 course fish menu. The starter is a spicy take on the (I presume english) traditional prawn cocktail. That's in the bag and sorted. The dessert is going to be a fishcake - basically a cheesecake shaped as a fish.

But it's the main I require help with. I've only just started cooking Tuna steaks and I've got the cooking of them sorted. It's just what to have with them that I'm stuck on.

Please guys help me, what'd go great with the steaks? All I need is two sides to go with them and I'm thinking one should be potato based with cheese. Ideas?

Re: A good Tuna dish - 07/04/09 02:19 PM

I must have been drunk last night as I don't remember posting this.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: A good Tuna dish - 07/08/09 01:15 AM

So are you talking a side to go with these tuna steaks, or a different dish that has tuna in it???

You must have been drinking....or I am because you're upside down. lol

TIS
Posted By: Mignon

Re: A good Tuna dish - 07/08/09 01:26 AM

My Daughter had bbq tuna steak the other day and she said it was very good.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: A good Tuna dish - 07/08/09 01:32 AM

Honestly, I don't know any tuna receipes, except maybe a tuna casserole. I like tuna, but as creative as I get with it is a tuna sandwich. grin

TIS

Wait, I do have a dish. My mom, in the summer would make a tuna salad, with tuna, chopped onion, tomato, oil & vinegar. A couple slices of homemade Italian bread, and I'm good to go. grin It's very easy too. Haven't made it in a long time but sounds good now.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: A good Tuna dish - 07/09/09 08:03 AM

Mrs. Yogi rustles up a delicious tuna pasta bake in the oven. The kids devour that!

Re: A good Tuna dish - 07/09/09 06:21 PM

Well guys you were all too late. Lucky I'm a bit of a genius and thought of something in time. I boiled some new potatoes until ready to eat, drained them and added them back to the pan. I then added a bit of butter and chopped chives and kept the heat on. I also made some runner beans, corn on the cob and pan fried the tuna steaks to perfection. It was amazing.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET