Home

Your Favorite Ethnic Food Specialty Store

Posted By: Don Cardi

Your Favorite Ethnic Food Specialty Store - 04/13/09 01:19 AM

This one is for Don Geoff :

Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Your Favorite Ethnic Food Specialty Store - 04/13/09 01:41 AM

Mmmmmmm That looks great. smile I love Italian delis

That bottom picture of the ravioli. We call them (I can only sound it out, cause I don't know how it's spelled) "gus-a-day-thee" My mom would make a soup broth, will little round noodles and cook the ravioli in it. Anyone else know what I mean? confused I tried making them once and sadly they fell apart. frown

Anyway, looks like a great store.

TIS
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Your Favorite Ethnic Food Specialty Store - 04/13/09 02:46 PM

Those pics made me drool all over my keypad smile

A big thanks for posting them DC!

Re: Your Favorite Ethnic Food Specialty Store - 04/13/09 10:52 PM

Actually TIS, those are STUFFED SHELLS in the bottom picture.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Your Favorite Ethnic Food Specialty Store - 04/14/09 02:26 AM

There are a few old world Italian specialty food shops where I grew up. The one in my home town was called Doma, and I never understood, as a child, how it stayed in business because the smell of the fresh cheeses drove me away. It's still in operation today.

There's another one where my in-laws operated a restaurant. The store is similar to the one DC posted pictures of. When I'm in the area, my wife often has me pick up a porketta.

The meats in the deli case that you posted, DC, look delicious. I like the sausages and beef, but never acquired a taste for the Italian cold cuts.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Your Favorite Ethnic Food Specialty Store - 04/14/09 06:53 PM

I didn't see this thread before posting about the same place HERE blush

As I said, my first impression of Pastosa Ravioli was fabulous, and their mail order prices are very reasonable so give it a shot -- it's the best in the city. grin
Posted By: Mark

Re: Your Favorite Ethnic Food Specialty Store - 04/14/09 08:59 PM

How's the veal? smile

Re: Your Favorite Ethnic Food Specialty Store - 04/14/09 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I didn't see this thread before posting about the same place HERE blush

Chu no why mang? Cause chu got chu head....in chore culo!

Originally Posted By: Mark
How's the veal? smile

For the best veal in the city, I usually go HERE.
Posted By: yoyomick

Re: Your Favorite Ethnic Food Specialty Store - 04/24/09 06:52 AM

these pics look pretty good.

these food look decilious.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Your Favorite Ethnic Food Specialty Store - 04/27/09 06:48 PM

Fingerboard Road? They sell guitars, too? confused

Much as I like living here, the absence of decent ethnic stores and restaurants is pretty bad. The only good ethnic restaurant in town is a Thai place, and it's very good--real Thai, not genetically altered Chinese. No such thing as a salumeria, and the Italian restaurants are so bad here that Olive Garden is the "best"--and Olive Garden isn't even real Italian. tongue
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Your Favorite Ethnic Food Specialty Store - 06/21/09 05:05 AM

I was passing through the coal regions on I81 in the pouring rain, and stopped by one of my favorite spots, Kowalonek's, for some of their fresh kielbasa, which is indescribably delicious. It's a small place, but has been in business for about a century, still run by the same family in the sleepy mountain town of Shenandoah.

People come from over a hundred miles to pick up a wide assortment of Polish sausage.

Below is the site for their web site.

http://kielbasy.net/index.html
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Your Favorite Ethnic Food Specialty Store - 07/08/09 01:31 AM

Got some great stuff at Corrado's in Clifton, NJ, and until I did a search for their website to post here, I never knew that you could buy stuff online!! I bought some great prosciutto, mortadella, pasta, cheeses, sopresata, plus they have a terrific bakery onsite!

Corrado's Market

As terrific as Corrado's is, though, nothing compares to Teitel Brothers in the Bronx, which ALSO has an online store I never knew about!!

Teitel Brothers
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET