Home

"Dead and disemboweled bird" recipes

Posted By: Blibbleblabble

"Dead and disemboweled bird" recipes - 11/22/08 03:38 AM

Anybody have any special ways of cooking Turkeys for Thanksgiving? Share any other Thanksgiving recipes or favorites as well.

My personal favorite is stuffing. I could fill up on stuffing alone if there wasn't so much other good food on the table.
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: "Dead and disemboweled bird" recipes - 11/22/08 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble

My personal favorite is stuffing. I could fill up on stuffing alone if there wasn't so much other good food on the table.

An insane person after my own heart grin
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: "Dead and disemboweled bird" recipes - 11/22/08 02:18 PM

I put the dead and disemboweled turkey in a hot oven. Several hours later, I take it out. Then Mr. Babe does a whole ritual carving thing. Then we eat it. I now insist that the family use cutlery.
Posted By: svsg

Re: "Dead and disemboweled bird" recipes - 11/26/08 09:31 PM

People, post photos from the bird eating holiday here smile
Posted By: Longneck

Re: "Dead and disemboweled bird" recipes - 11/26/08 09:59 PM

I usually just get turkey breast and put it in the crock pot. I usually cut off the ribs so it'll fit.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: "Dead and disemboweled bird" recipes - 11/26/08 11:26 PM

After all is said and done I'll boil the turkey carcass with a onion, carrots, celery so I can make turkey noodle soup.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: "Dead and disemboweled bird" recipes - 11/29/08 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
My personal favorite is stuffing.

My mom makes a rice & sausage stuffing that is just second to none! cool That, the gravy, the mushroom pie, candied and baked yams/sweet potatoes, a veg... truthfully I could do without the turkey. grin

She tried something new this year. My dad was talking to a friend who told him that he got his frozen turkey quartered by the butcher as the whole thing would be too much. My mom tried it, getting it cut in half instead, as there were only 4 of us and it was a 17 lb bird. Problem is, you can't really stuff it that way, but it is a practical solution if the bird is too big -- the other half is in the freezer.

I'll be going over there later for turkey soup. smile
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: "Dead and disemboweled bird" recipes - 11/29/08 09:53 PM

I've heard of people who use the carcass to make soup. My SIL told me she does (how I don't know, since she eats at my house every year, so I don't know where she gets this turkey carcass). But the essential ingredient for soup is the gelatin in the bones. If the carcass is already baked, how does it make soup??

I use the neck of the turkey to make broth, but I don't use it for soup. I use it to make sure that I have tons and tons of gravy.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET