Home

Smoking

Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Smoking - 02/24/08 10:59 AM

I bought a pipe several years ago as well as some nicely flavored tobacco. I spent some quality time with my roommate out on the balcony playing our guitars and puffing on our pipes. I ended up breaking the pipe by accident when I tried to open it up to clean it. It was a cheapy.

I have recently had the desire to get another pipe since I miss those days. How many of you smoke, specifically pipes and cigars? I guess I could include cigarettes but that seems to be something more of an addiction rather than an occasional thing.
Posted By: SC

Re: Smoking - 02/24/08 11:19 AM

I smoked a pipe for awhile about 25-30 years ago. It was more of a fun thing to buy the pipes and take a few minutes cleaning them, polishing them, etc. If I was able to keep the bowl lit for more than a few minutes at a time, I'd probably still be smoking one. (It was very annoying to constantly have to re-light the bowl every few minutes).

I love the smell of pipe tobacco (I used to smoke a cherry blend).
Posted By: chopper

Re: Smoking - 02/24/08 11:25 AM

I smoke Cigareetes 20-30 a day

i smoke 2-3 hamlet cigars when im in the pub on a weekend

when i was working in the U.S i also used to have mint dip i also liked the vanilla flavour,but i dont have that anymore as you cant buy it in England \:\(

Anyone feel free to send me some dip over \:D
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Smoking - 02/24/08 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: chopper

Anyone feel free to send me some dip over \:D

i think you mean dope ;\)

Re: Smoking - 02/24/08 01:38 PM

No dip (chewing Tobbaco)

How dare you say i particpate in the usage of drugs
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Smoking - 02/24/08 01:39 PM

I wouldn't dream of it.. \:\)

Re: Smoking - 02/24/08 01:40 PM

;\)

Re: Smoking - 02/25/08 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: SC
If I was able to keep the bowl lit for more than a few minutes at a time, I'd probably still be smoking one. (It was very annoying to constantly have to re-light the bowl every few minutes).

That was the one thing that bothered me. I thought maybe there was a trick I didn't know about to keep it lit, but I guess not.
Posted By: SC

Re: Smoking - 02/25/08 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
That was the one thing that bothered me. I thought maybe there was a trick I didn't know about to keep it lit, but I guess not.

It has to do with how you pack the bowl.... I was never able to get that "trick" right.

I smoke cigarettes now. The stupid state laws now mandate that the cigarette will self extinquish within a short time if its not puffed regularly. I JUST CAN'T WIN!!!
Posted By: JRCX

Re: Smoking - 02/25/08 04:21 AM

I'm sure I've smoked my weight in cigars, at least half of them Cubans. I would have one a day, then one a week, one a month and now if I have one or two each year, its just not my thing anymore, while I love the idea of it, I don't really enjoy it anymore. I've never smoked cigarettes, I've had them but never smoked them regularly... something I just can't get into. The most unique thing I've smoked (legally) was apple, the Lebanese have a tradition of "cleansing" the palette after dinner, and those tall waterpipes are really for fresh apple chips (not hashish)... it is like a breath of fresh air... in fact if you are in Hackensack NJ, you can go to Club Aladdin and try it out.
Posted By: Dylanite9

Re: Smoking - 02/29/08 02:18 PM

I smoke flavored Tobacco out of my hookah pretty often. it gives you a head buzz when you smokes it.

Re: Smoking - 02/29/08 06:01 PM

Ive never heard of that

Re: Smoking - 02/29/08 09:37 PM

Hookah is an Indian water-pipe smoking device.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Smoking - 02/29/08 09:47 PM

I believe the origins of the hookah (also called shishah or ghalyum) are Middle Eastern. Smoking shishah is very popular in Toronto and there are various shishah bars/cafes around the city. It's pretty cool if you haven't tried it.

I smoke Canadian made Marlboro Reds which have a distinct flavour than that of the arguably superior tasting American ones. From time to time I smoke Cohibas, Montecristos and Romeo Y Julietas. Not the healthiest of habits but we all have our vices.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Smoking - 03/01/08 02:29 AM

I've never even taken a draw of a cigarette in my life.

I've taken two draws of different joints, and haven't liked it either time.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Smoking - 03/01/08 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I've never even taken a draw of a cigarette in my life.

Smart of you. Keep it that way. It's a nasty, ugly habit that is very, very tough to stop. The smartest thing is to never start.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Smoking - 03/01/08 07:39 PM

I smoked one cigarette completely when I was drinking whiskey. I could not stand my own breath the next day.

Re: Smoking - 03/01/08 07:45 PM

I don't understand why people smoke cigarettes. They did absolutely nothing for me the three times i have tried them. Hookahs, bongs, bowls are all better way to smoke if one were inclined to.
Posted By: JRCX

Re: Smoking - 03/02/08 05:17 AM

You know I learned something when out in Vegas last year, you can get a hangover from not drinking. I was in the smokiest bar ever, I had like 2 drinks and woke up not feeling so hot... I later read that hangovers not only come from drinking, dehydration, etc, but even being in a smoke filled room if you are a non-smoker. I hardly ever go to clubs anymore (its not illegal in jersey no?) So I guess I am showing my age lol.

Re: Smoking - 03/06/08 06:51 PM

Dylanite9, smoking cigarettes/cigars/marijuana or crack for that matter are inherently illogical activities due to their self-destructive nature and this most likely why people smoke them.

Smoking shishah is pretty much based around the same idea so there really isn't too much of a difference.

Re: Smoking - 03/07/08 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Jasani
Dylanite9, smoking cigarettes/cigars/marijuana or crack for that matter are inherently illogical activities due to their self-destructive nature and this most likely why people smoke them.

Smoking shishah is pretty much based around the same idea so there really isn't too much of a difference.

now I have not and will never try crack but with marijuana, cigars, and tobacco out of a hookah either get me high or give me a huge head buzz unlike cigarettes which don't phase me just give me something to do.

Re: Smoking - 03/07/08 03:15 PM

Of course crack would be far more destructive than marijuana or tobacco in any form. Smoking is smoking to a certain extent, but what I'm trying to say is that the difference between smoking tobacco in the form of a cigarette/cigar or a hookah is not as pronounced as many may believe. They're both terrible for your health and there really aren't any tangible positive qualities in either form of the habit.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Smoking - 03/07/08 05:29 PM

I don't smoke but I will rarely have a Capone cigar, the small ones dipped in cognac. Cigarillos maybe?
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Smoking - 03/07/08 09:29 PM

Smoking has never been one of my vices.

I have always persevered with drink,gambling and loose women

Re: Smoking - 03/07/08 11:43 PM

Top Lad ;\)

Re: Smoking - 08/27/08 06:11 AM

Lately I've been puffing on an occasional "Black and Mild - Wine" which are pipe tobacco filled cigarillo's. Supposedly it has a wine flavor but it smells like a fruit roll-up to me. I like them a lot. They remind me of smoking pipe tobacco but they stay lit much easier.
Posted By: HamptonHitMan

Re: Smoking - 09/09/08 08:09 PM

I haven't smoked a cigarette since I was a kid (you know, sneaking one of dad's and smoking it in the woods with your friends) but never since then. I was never really into it. But I do love to smoke cigars. Not all the time though. Probably once or twice a month I'll sit on the deck and relax with one. Also, at times when I'm washing my car or just doing something outside. I've smoked all different kinds from expensive ones($15 - $20 is expensive to me!) to cheap. (Swisher Sweets, etc) My favorites are the in-betweens. I have a humidor with a few different kinds so I don't have to keep going out to get them.
I often thought about trying a pipe. I love the smell and the thought of just sitting and relaxing with it. The keeping it lit part that was descibed here would drive me crazy though!
Posted By: svsg

Re: Smoking - 09/09/08 08:43 PM

I've smoked only 3-4 cigarettes in my entire life. Until I tried, I never knew cigarettes burn so quickly. If it lasted for more time, I probably would have been satisfied, believing that I got my money's worth grin
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 05:24 AM

Originally Posted By: svsg
I've smoked only 3-4 cigarettes in my entire life. Until I tried, I never knew cigarettes burn so quickly. If it lasted for more time, I probably would have been satisfied, believing that I got my money's worth grin

So, you're not in the Business field then...

Besides, the burn rate is inversely proportional to the suck rate... make you just sucked too hard... wink
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 05:25 AM

I don't smoke, I just wanted to be included

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 05:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Santino_Brasi
I don't smoke

Good for you - and don't start!

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 05:30 AM

ok, dad rolleyes

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 05:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Santino_Brasi
ok, dad rolleyes

I'm not your dad... I'm your friend... don't do it wink

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 05:46 AM

I know I know, I would rather not die of lung cancer thank you very much

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 03:12 PM

Sensible lad!
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 04:30 PM

I smoked a pipe until 1990. I've told this story before, but I'd like to tell it again:
I smoked three bowls a day, and often didn't finish the three, so I never felt like an addict. Then I decided to cut down to 1.5 bowls per day. That's when I realized just how badly addicted I was: I ran out of meetings to light up in the hallway for one drag, sucked on the unlit pipe, constant craving, etc.

One day I ducked out of a conference room for my one drag. I didn't realize that I'd lit up right under a hallway smoke detector. Fire alarms sounded in all three big buildings in my employer's complex. About 4,000 employees were forced outside, with me hopping around with a hot pipe in my pocket and trying to look innocent. When we were allowed back in (after 25 minutes), maintenance people were outside my conference room fiddling with the detector. "Someone musta lit a cigarette under this," one of them said. I tried to keep looking straight ahead. blush That's when I decided to quit.

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 05:26 PM

My dad smoked cigarettes and a pipe. My brothers really screwed the pooch when they decided to "surprise" daddy by washing his pipes by submerging them in water and letting them soak for a little while.

I quit smoking cigarettes on June 17th, almost 3 months. There are days that I still would happily start again in a heartbeat, days that I actually LONG to start again.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

There are days that I still would happily start again in a heartbeat

The key word being HEARTbeat. Don't even think about it!

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 06:00 PM

I DREAM about cigarettes!! lol

I promised my girls I wouldn't. All I have to do when I get an urge is picture my daughter's face. Stops me in my tracks.

Edit: I just reread this post, and boy the above sentence just does NOT sound right!! I picture her disappointment and THAT stops me in my tracks. My daughter is actually rather pretty. lol

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 07:47 PM

My mother smoked heavily for 50 years but when she had to have a new valve put in her heart and the docs advised her to give up,she did it straight up with no help,just pure will power.

I don't always see eye to eye with my mother but things like that make me so proud of her. She is a tough old boot when she puts her mind to it. She just doesn't put her mind to it often enough, but that's a different matter entirely.....

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 07:56 PM

Good for her Yogi!! You should be very proud of her. It's one of the toughest things I've ever done, so give her an extra hug when you see her.

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 08:00 PM

I will SB,but i won't see her till Sunday now so i will have to give her a double hug then smile

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 08:17 PM

Well, give her one from me, too, OK??
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 11:10 PM

SB, how much money have you saved the past three months. I'm proud of ya.

Your mom also Yogi.

Re: Smoking - 09/11/08 11:48 PM

Honestly, I have no idea. I guess plenty, but I certainly do have more cash at the end of the week than I used to. Somehow, my girls manage to spend it. lol
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Smoking - 09/12/08 12:10 AM

Of course!! I think our kids radar goes off when they think we have extra cash on hand.
Posted By: Norris

Re: Smoking - 07/18/12 03:26 PM

Smoking is very harmful for the health and causes various diseases such as cancer, heart problems, liver, and lung diseases.
It also disturb the men power. Smoking should be avoided if you want a healthy and long life.
Posted By: DeMeo

Re: Smoking - 07/18/12 03:29 PM

I started smoking at college because it made me look cool. When I dropped out, I just quit and havn't gone back.
Posted By: gemini_killer

Re: Smoking - 07/18/12 03:33 PM

you gotta have a few bongs in the evening ... whistle
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Smoking - 07/20/12 09:41 AM

Or in the morning
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET