Home

Recipe: Capo's chilli

Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Recipe: Capo's chilli - 02/15/08 11:37 PM

Another easy student recipe, though much quicker than my pizza. I know lots of people on here are fans of chilli, but this is quite flexible; you can make it as hot as you like.

You'll need:

5-8 closed cup mushrooms
1 onion
500g chopped tomatoes
minced beef
3 cloves of garlic
minced beef (250g feeds one)
2 spoons olive oil
Mixed herbs (jar)
Garlic granules (jar)
Black pepper (jar)
Ceyenne pepper (jar)
Crushed chillies (jar)

1. Slice and dice the onion to thin strips and/or little squares. Begin to fry gently in olive oil.
2. Quarter each mushroom and add to the onions.
3. Finely chop or crush the garlic cloves and add to the mix.
4. In another pan, heat the mince till it's brown. Drain the mince of excess juice and fat.
5. Once drained, place in a wok and add the onions/mushrooms/garlic.
6. Add garlic/crushed chillies/pepper as required.
7. Add tomatoes, heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring gently.
8. Sprinkle mixed herbs on top.

Serve immediately. Grate some cheese on top for a contrasting texture and melted lushness. Also, if cooking for many, boil some rice to go with it. Fajitas are good too.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Recipe: Capo's chilli - 02/16/08 05:36 AM

Again with the grams. As far as THIS side of the pond goes, only drugs are measured in grams. \:p

Minced beef twice? Nice! NOW you're talking! \:D

5 JARS of herbs??!?!!?!! \:o

All kidding aside, it sounds fine. Except for the mushrooms (in chili??) and chopped tomatoes, IMHO. ;\)

Re: Recipe: Capo's chilli - 02/19/08 02:34 AM

Yeah, these (this and the pizza) are more student concoctions than textbook examples. I don't really know how to make a chilli; but I love chopped tomatoes, and they're easy to add spices to. \:D
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Recipe: Capo's chilli - 02/19/08 02:25 PM

My son makes a quick chili with a can of tomato soup, ground beef, baked beans and spices. He also adds a little pasta.

Re: Recipe: Capo's chilli - 02/19/08 07:10 PM

Baked beans and fusilli (the twists) is a great combination of textures. Sprinkle some cheese on top, bada-bing you'll blow your sperm all over your nice Ivy League suit!
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Recipe: Capo's chilli - 02/19/08 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Baked beans and fusilli (the twists) is a great combination of textures. Sprinkle some cheese on top, bada-bing you'll blow your sperm all over your nice Ivy League suit!

Absolutely. My dry cleaning bill is enormous. \:D

By the way, thanks for mentioning the cheese. I forgot to say that he sprinkles cheese on it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET