Home

Wings

Posted By: Partagas

Wings - 01/05/08 04:13 PM

I don't say I am a connosiuer, but love hot / buffalo wings. I must go out at least once a week for this delight.

Check ths article out if anyone is interested in the heat. I am going to be in Chicago the end of February -- I may have to look this place up!

Chicken wings so hot patrons must sign waivers
Chicago tavern to serve dish with a bell to summon waiters for help

updated 10:02 a.m. CT, Fri., Jan. 4, 2008
CHICAGO - A Chicago tavern said on Thursday it will begin selling chicken wings coated in one of the world's hottest peppers -- a dish so hot that patrons first have to sign a waiver agreeing not to sue for injuries.

Jake Melnick's Corner Tap said the wings made with Red Savina pepper will be served with an alarm bell for patrons to summon waiters with sour cream, milk sugar and white bread if things get out of hand.

Levy Restaurants, which owns the tavern, said its chef d'Cuisine Robin Rosenberg had been working on the concept for years but was never sure he'd be able to serve it.

This isn't the right sauce for everyone, but for someone out there, this is going to be absolute heaven. Of course, for a handful of people, it's going to be hell," he said.

Copyright 2008 Reuters.

Source
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22503454/?GT1=10755
Posted By: chopper

Re: Wings - 01/05/08 05:10 PM

I like hot wings but theres no way on this earth i would try those,they would be just be to hot to even enjoy them.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Wings - 01/05/08 05:13 PM

I like The Wings my fav song is Band on The Run.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Wings - 01/06/08 01:10 AM

Yeah Wings was a good TV show...
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Wings - 01/06/08 06:02 AM

In another thread I posted about the "waiver wings" served in a local establishment. They can be purchased only up to 5 at a time, and nobody (as of last year) ever ate more than 7 in one seating.

I sampled them twice with friends, and these wings are indescribably hot. The best way to describe it is that a chemical reaction is taking place. Both times I thought I was going to have to be hospitalized. Nonetheless, I'm sure I'll be stupid enough to try them again.

Re: Wings - 01/06/08 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
In another thread I posted about the "waiver wings" served in a local establishment. They can be purchased only up to 5 at a time, and nobody (as of last year) ever ate more than 7 in one seating.

I sampled them twice with friends, and these wings are indescribably hot. The best way to describe it is that a chemical reaction is taking place. Both times I thought I was going to have to be hospitalized. Nonetheless, I'm sure I'll be stupid enough to try them again.

Did you actually have to sign a waiver? So, obviously you could not taste them as your mouth was lierally on fire. Do they have server ready with bread, milk, or sugar?? Did you eat anything else afterwards?

I see the place I mentioned used Red savina sauce which used to be the hottest pepper. There is a new record hot pepper now - the Bhut Jolokia (or something like that) grown in India. I wonder who will try to "build" a wing with Bhut Jolokia Sauce next \:\)

Anyway, you sound like me - stupid enough to try again

Re: Wings - 01/06/08 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Partagas
 Originally Posted By: klydon1

Did you actually have to sign a waiver? So, obviously you could not taste them as your mouth was lierally on fire. Do they have server ready with bread, milk, or sugar?? Did you eat anything else afterwards?

I see the place I mentioned used Red savina sauce which used to be the hottest pepper. There is a new record hot pepper now - the Bhut Jolokia (or something like that) grown in India. I wonder who will try to "build" a wing with Bhut Jolokia Sauce next \:\)

Anyway, you sound like me - stupid enough to try again

Yes, anyone having the wings signed a one page waiver, which is a pretty good marketing gimmick as well. I'm not sure that a waiver would stand up in court as most of the people signing it have been drinking beer furnished by the provider.

No server is on hand. They place the wings down, wish you luck, and leave. The wings are almost bright orange. There wasn't enough beer or water to put out the fire in my mouth. I ate a few paper towels that I had stuffed in my mouth.

Finally, yes, I am stupid enough to do it again. Saturday night + a bunch of guys in a bar + alcohol = fun stupidity. ;\)
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Wings - 01/06/08 11:32 PM

I like spicy stuff but I have my limits. I just get hot at most places, I can't do the blazing sign a waiver first type of wings.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Wings - 01/07/08 11:15 PM

Water just makes it worse, KL \:p ;\)

I used to carry around a little salt/pepper shaker (plastic, made for campers) containing Red Savina Habanero powder on one side, and a smoked version on the other side. The smoked version tastes GREAT!

Not sure why I don't carry it with me any more -- just a phase I guess. \:D But I'd add it to the standard hot wings (couple places by me has GREAT wings!) to kick them up a notch. I bought it here, where they also display a Heat Scale. I haven't tried the Naga Jolokia yet, but did recently try the wings at Charlie Brown's with the Scotch Bonnet sauce and was pretty underwhelmed by them -- I'm sure they dilute it way down.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Wings - 01/07/08 11:21 PM

Oh yeah, there was a Cluck-U Chicken place here (like at Rutgers when I was there, where the chain originated) that had really hot wings: "Thermal Nuclear". (I now see a hotter "911" sauce (at first I thought they meant 9/11 and was about to go ballistic, but 9-1-1 is our telephone emergency number - whew!))
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Wings - 01/08/08 01:22 AM

Ever tried Planet Wings with their 24 different flavored wings? Mr. Babe likes the hot ones, but I like the Butter Garlic and the Ranch. You can't get anywhere near this place on Superbowl Sunday.

Re: Wings - 01/08/08 03:14 PM

I haven't been there, but other non-hot flavors I like are terriyaki and honey barbecue.

Re: Wings - 01/09/08 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I used to carry around a little salt/pepper shaker (plastic, made for campers) ....

And I just thoght you were excited to see me \:p
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Wings - 01/09/08 03:10 PM

Oh I thought this was about the old Paul and Linda McCartney band.. sorry
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET