Home

World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S.

Posted By: Don Cardi

World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/22/07 06:51 PM

Denny's Beer Barrel Pub serves up a 123 pounder for the bargain price of $379. The burger patty is only 80 pounds. The other 43 pounds are just fixins'.

Holy shit! \:o

Here is a list of what is supposed to be the 10 best Burger places in the United States Of America :

10 BEST BURGERS ACROSS AMERICA
Posted By: SC

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 10/22/07 06:55 PM

A mere snack for pizzaboy.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 10/22/07 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

I'm full, I has a big bowl of Kramden's Delicious Marshall for lunch.

But thanks for thinking of me.

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 10/22/07 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

With crackers I hope. ;\)

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 10/22/07 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

With crackers I hope. ;\)

Had no room, I'm going to Hong Kong Gardens for chop suey later on.

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 10/22/07 09:08 PM

I'm going to Hong Kong Gardens for chop suey later on.

Don't forget to ask for some bread so you can push it onto the fork.

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 10/22/07 09:14 PM

I'm going to Hong Kong Gardens for chop suey later on.

Don't forget to ask for some bread so you can push it onto the fork.

They brung it.

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 10/22/07 09:35 PM

They brung it.

Did Basil Fomeen bring it??

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 10/22/07 09:44 PM

They brung it.

Did Basil Fomeen bring it??

I'm not talking to him. When you go, just ask for "Little Jack" Little. No need to thank me now, I'll kiss ya' later, I'm eatin' a potata'.

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 10/22/07 09:48 PM

Can't do it now... I'm practicing my hucklebuck.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 10/22/07 10:30 PM

I'm busy with my string of polapanies.

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 10/23/07 12:04 AM

You'd rather Hucklebuck, he's busy with his string of poloponies and I'd rather be doing The Mambo! Ok Mr. Sanchez?
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 02:54 AM

Wow!!! That's quite a burger! \:o

I can't say I have a favorite burger place. I seldom order a burger in a restaurant and when I do get a burger it's usually picking one up at a fast food joint.

One thing I don't like is when the bun is bigger than the burger. \:p How pathetic. \:D A thick burger with cheese/onions and maybe mushrooms works for me.

TIS
Posted By: JRCX

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 04:15 AM

Best burger I ever had was atop the Stratosphere in Las Vegas -- Kobe Beef Burger... and martinis 2 for 1 price during lunch time... yum... great meal...
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 04:55 AM

Here we go again with the "Kobe" beef... So, it cost you what, $200 for the burger to be flown in from Japan? It's Kobe-STYLE (domestic Wagyu), technically not true Kobe, but, the same breed of cow raised domestically \:p
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 07:35 AM

That's it! I want a B.S.E. burger, and I want it NOW!
Here in AZ, where we have Sonic, In 'n Out and Carl's Jr., I still miss my White Castle...

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 08:33 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Here we go again with the "Kobe" beef... So, it cost you what, $200 for the burger to be flown in from Japan? It's Kobe-STYLE (domestic Wagyu), technically not true Kobe, but, the same breed of cow raised domestically \:p

The question is, does he use Kobe Beef in his riceballs? ;\)
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 04:03 PM

Whats the difference between a burger and a "slider?" and when did they start calling them "sliders?"

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Whats the difference between a burger and a "slider?" and when did they start calling them "sliders?"

Some hipster dufus is to blame, guaranteed.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 04:19 PM

PB, there used to be a great place to get burgers in, I believe, Eastchester. I can't remember the name of it. Do you know it??
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

White Castle burgers are called "sliders" because they, um, slide right outta ya! ;\)

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Holy shit! \:o

I don't think that one would be a "slider!"

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
PB, there used to be a great place to get burgers in, I believe, Eastchester. I can't remember the name of it. Do you know it??

Well, I know two places very well, both Gordy's in Chester Heights and Piper's Kilt on Route 22, but they're both bar-restaurants, so I'm not sure if that's what you mean.

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 06:32 PM

The Piper's Kilt! That's the one! I knew you would come to the rescue!! GREAT burgers!!!

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 06:36 PM

The Piper's Kilt! That's the one! I knew you would come to the rescue!! GREAT burgers!!!

Aw shucks, Mam'. Wanna know why it was easy for me? They originated in the Bronx, on 231st Street, just off the Deegan. One of my many odd jobs in college was as a driver at Stella D'oro, so we used to walk there for lunch quite a bit. It's still there, too.

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 07:24 PM

There's a place in New York that sells the following burger for $26.00

Exterior of ground sirloin, filled with boned short ribs braised in red wine, with foie gras, black truffles, served on a home made bun with toasted parmasean layered with fresh horseradish, tomato confit, tomatoes and frise lettuce, served with an order of fries.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 08:11 PM

This thread reminds me of the movie The Great Outdoors when John Candy has to eat that HUGE steak. Great movie.

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
This thread reminds me of the movie The Great Outdoors when John Candy has to eat that HUGE steak. Great movie.

Better yet, John Candy making the huge pancake in UNCLE BUCK.

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 08:21 PM

There is a restaurant/tavern in Clearfield, PA that offers an 8 lb burger. They had advertized that it is free if anyone could finish it in a sitting. A few years ago, a young college girl became the first and only person to eat the entire burger.

Oh, yeah, she weighed only a hundred pounds.

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 10/23/07 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon

Better yet, John Candy making the huge pancake in UNCLE BUCK.

And uses a shovel to turn it over.
Posted By: scarface_denver

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 11/28/07 07:26 PM

well I have a joint out here in Paoria the sells a one pound burger called "the BIG ASS BURGER" for only 3 bucks I do have to say its a big ass burger for the price...

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 05/21/08 06:25 PM

There's a place in New York City selling a $175 hamburger (made from Kobe beef). Its topped with gold dust!?!

Here's the story:

If you thought dropping $81 on a hamburger at The Old Homestead was enough to prove you’ve arrived, think again, hayseed – New York’s newest culinary status symbol, the “Richard Nouveau” burger at Wall Street Burger Shoppe, is going to cost you over twice that. They’re charging $175 for the experience, but money’s no object when it comes to showing the other hedge-funders you’ve completely lost touch with reality, right?

Momentarily the city’s most expensive burger, the Richard Nouveau consists of 10 ounces of Kobe-raised beef crowned with a thick “lobe” of seared foie gras, 25 grams of shaved black truffles, and aged gruyere cheese. It comes enthroned on a brioche bun anointed with a homemade truffled mayonnaise and garnished with more shaved truffles. Oh, and gold leaf flakes from Japan, which has the yummiest gold.

This edible monument of decadence also eclipses chef/restaurateur Daniel Boulud, whose $150 “Royale” burger is now the Hyundai of haute burgers. While the star chef tells the Daily News he won’t get drawn into a pissing contest and raise his price, he’s none too impressed with this arriviste competitor: “It's not about extravagance; it's about respect for real cooking. The luxury is in the care and the ingredients.” It is so on. For more on the Richard Nouveau’s creation, Pocket Change has video of its assembly and subsequent devouring.

What?? No ketchup???

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 05/21/08 06:35 PM

Ridiculous.

I don't care how much money you have, that's laughing in the face of every hungry person in this world. I've also seen the "gold dust" served on an $800 ice cream sundae on one of the Foodnetwork shows.

It's seriously no wonder why every other country in the world hates our guts, they probably think this behavior is typical.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 05/21/08 06:36 PM

If people have nothing better to do with their money than buy $800.00 hamburgers I know a great charity they can donate their money too.

I wonder how much they spent on Rolaids.

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 05/21/08 06:41 PM

I could understand spending a lot of money on something made from really high quality ingredients, but GOLD???

Whadda they expect?? To shit a gold brick??

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 05/21/08 06:59 PM

SC, Thanks for keeping me laughing.

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 05/21/08 07:04 PM

God bless ya, Mig. I'll tickle ya in August.
Posted By: svsg

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 05/21/08 07:23 PM

I could understand spending a lot of money on something made from really high quality ingredients, but GOLD???

Whadda they expect?? To shit a gold brick??

Gold was thought to add strength and vitality in some cultures, much like tiger penis soup. No logic really, but funny as hell.
Posted By: HamptonHitMan

Re: World's Biggest Burger / Best Burgers In U.S. - 09/09/08 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: svsg
Gold was thought to add strength and vitality in some cultures, much like tiger penis soup. No logic really, but funny as hell.

Tiger Penis soup?!! I thought this thread was about Hamburgers NOT Hot Dogs!!
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 09/26/08 07:51 PM

You mean an appetizer.

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 09/27/08 03:34 AM

My cousins are visiting from Sicily and want to eat hamburgers all the time. I took them to Johnny Rockets for lunch today and they LOVED it. I have to say, I did, too.

I thought the cutest thing was when they were looking around the place and commented on how it looked like America in the 1950s, and then said, "Como Fonzie." I guess Happy Days is on Italian TV.

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 09/27/08 03:40 AM

I thought the cutest thing was when they were looking around the place and commented on how it looked like America in the 1950s, and then said, "Como Fonzie." I guess Happy Days is on Italian TV.

Hard to believe that a character named Fonzarelli would be known in Italy. rolleyes

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 09/27/08 03:49 AM

Don't you roll those eyes at me, young man.

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 09/27/08 03:51 AM

Don't you roll those eyes at me, young man.

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 09/27/08 04:05 AM

Well, now you just scared the crap out of me.

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 09/27/08 04:12 AM

Good... more room for a big hamburger now.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 09/27/08 01:54 PM

In n' Out burgers are freakin' awesome. I actually had a Double Double with french fries last night for dinner.

My favorite burgers in SoCal are from Yellow Basket. They've also got some bangin' chili cheese fries.

Fatburger is really popular around the LA/Orange County area. They've even been voted one of the best burgers in LA. I think they're rather bleh.

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 09/27/08 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: XDCX
Fatburger is really popular around the LA/Orange County area. They've even been voted one of the best burgers in LA. I think they're rather bleh.

I first visited Fatburger (in L.A.) around 1980 or so. I thought they were absolutely great. I found they had a store here locally and went earlier this year - what a BIG disappointment!

There was a chain, Fuddrucker's, around here (but most seem to have closed recently) that had good burgers. Dunno why they didn't do better business than they did, especially when there are so many crappy burger chains around.
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 09/27/08 05:36 PM

I first visited Fatburger (in L.A.) around 1980 or so. I thought they were absolutely great. I found they had a store here locally and went earlier this year - what a BIG disappointment!

There was a chain, Fuddrucker's, around here (but most seem to have closed recently) that had good burgers. Dunno why they didn't do better business than they did, especially when there are so many crappy burger chains around.

Funny how these things can change over time.

Six years ago I went to Fuddrucker's a few times, and I loved it. A few years ago I went back (even the same store) and it wasn't good at all.

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 09/27/08 07:03 PM

My aunt, whose first language was not English, could never say Fuddruckers. She used to pronounce it "Fuckerfuckers" or something hilarious like that. She was always after my mother to go there for lunch.

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 09/29/08 05:37 AM

Fuddruckers is good, but I haven't been there in years and can't say why. As far as chains, Five Guys' burgers are still great, but they should come with an angioplasty.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 09/29/08 07:48 PM

I haven't seen any Fuddruckers around here, but there's quite a few in Maryland, one of which I went to a couple times, as it was in the same vicinity as where I used to work. They have good burgers, and I like that you apply your own toppings.

My aunt, whose first language was not English, could never say Fuddruckers. She used to pronounce it "Fuckerfuckers" or something hilarious like that. She was always after my mother to go there for lunch.

lol lol lol

Re: World's Biggest Burger - 10/01/08 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: XDCX
In n' Out burgers are freakin' awesome. I actually had a Double Double with french fries last night for dinner.

The BEST!! When I was out in California years ago, visiting my cousin, he took me there for lunch one afternoon. Awesome burgers. And the freshly cut french fries are to die for!

I probably made my cousin take me back there another 6 or 7 times in the two weeks that I stood in California. lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET