Home

Breakfast

Posted By: chopper

Breakfast - 09/17/07 08:09 AM

What do people like for there breakfasts? Me personally i like sausage egg and mushroom sandwiches but when i was in new york every morning i had a omelette and scrabbled egg beautiful food in the embassy suites, anyway what are your choices?
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 10:46 AM

I'm not really big on breakfast.

For me a coffee and a roll or a bagel will suffice.

Every once in a while, like if I;m on vacation, I'll have bacon or ham and eggs or chocolate chip pancakes or french toast.

But on a daily basis it's either Coffee and a roll or bagel, or coffee and cereal with milk.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 10:50 AM

I enjoy having a full english breakfast,but very rarley have one.

I normally happy with a Cigarette and a coffee..
Posted By: SC

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 11:35 AM

I love having breakfast when I'm on vacation... a few soft scrambled eggs with a steak, and home fried potatoes does me fine. Wash it down with some good coffee and I'm happier than a pig in shit.

At home (on a more daily basis) I'll have a bowl of oatmeal and a banana... I really have to be more health conscious with my diet.

BTW - DE NIRO, that picture looks pretty good!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 11:54 AM

I'm not a big breakfast person either. Hot or cold cereal with tea/coffee.

Baked beans for breakfast?

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon

Why not? It puts a new meaning to starting your day off with a "bang".

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 12:16 PM

every full english breakfast comes with baked beans

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

BTW - DE NIRO, that picture looks pretty good!

Its very good,very filling,keep you going until lunch time..

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: chopper
every full english breakfast comes with baked beans

No wonder there's global warming in Europe now.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 12:41 PM

I usually don't eat a big breakfast either. However, when I do, I like ham/eggs/hashbrowns (or perhaps a ham/cheese omelet, and if I don't get toast I like a couple biscuits. Topped off with a cup of coffee and a glass of OJ. \:\)

TIS

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I usually don't eat a big breakfast either. However, when I do, I like ham/eggs/hashbrowns (or perhaps a ham/cheese omelet, and if I don't get toast I like a couple biscuits. Topped off with a cup of coffee and a glass of OJ.

And a wheelbarrow to bring it all back to the table.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 12:46 PM

I usually don't eat a big breakfast either. However, when I do, I like ham/eggs/hashbrowns (or perhaps a ham/cheese omelet, and if I don't get toast I like a couple biscuits. Topped off with a cup of coffee and a glass of OJ. \:\)

TIS

"Triple Yolk please!"

Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 12:52 PM

Why not? It puts a new meaning to starting your day off with a "bang".

Sure does...

...while the world around you ends with a "whimper"!

Signor V.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 12:55 PM

Well, I take my food very seriously! Triple yoke would be great and if a wheel barrel is called for, what's wrong with that? \:p

I guess I'll never be a Southern gal, but one thing I never cared for (for breakfast) is gravy. I like biscuits and I like gravy, but not for breakfast. \:\/ To me, gravy is what you put on your mashed potatoes.

TIS

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 12:58 PM

Gravy for breakfast.And you thought gravy was bad enough.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 01:06 PM

.. a few soft scrambled eggs with a steak,

A 2.99 Las Vegas steak and eggs breakfast! The best!

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
A 2.99 Las Vegas steak and eggs breakfast! The best!

Why are you torturing me like this???

I'm gonna go out and buy some steak and eggs now.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 01:14 PM

Not for 2.99 !!
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 01:14 PM

We often order strange things for breakfast in Turkey. Steak has been one of them. Just because you can, y'know... \:\/

I'm a breakfast sort of guy: a bowl of cereal goes down lovely, and I usually make myself an egg and bacon sandwich afterwards too, and wash it down with either a glass of cold milk or cranberry juice.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 01:21 PM

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 01:24 PM

That's a typical breakfast? Geez, and I was wondering how Americans are known to be more "weighty" than other nationalities. \:p

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 01:27 PM

I wouldn't say thats "typical" but it DOES help to explain why so many Americans are unhealthy (cholesterol, overweight, etc.)

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 01:28 PM

No no. That's not a typical breakfast here in America.

That's usually a 'vacation' treat type breakfast.

I think that most Americans are pretty health conscience when it comes to eating breakfast.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 02:04 PM

I don't eat much breakfast, but my fiancee makes the best omelettes ever sometimes for dinner or a snack...ham or bacon with peppers, onions, and cheese, with hash browns with onions, peppers, and cheese.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 02:27 PM

I rarely eat breakfast during the week, but on weekends we always have at least one huge breakfast - bacon, eggs, home fries, toast or pancakes or waffles with sausage. We also love doing lox and bagels once a month or so.

Being a workday, I did not have breakfast, and now I'm starving.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

now I'm starving.

I'm gonna go out and buy some steak and eggs now.

Maybe the three of us should meet for lunch!

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 03:28 PM

Nothing would make ME happier!!!
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 03:32 PM

Usually coffee or tea and toast during the week. On weekends I will usually go out Saturday for soft scrambled eggs, double order of bacon and hash browns (ocasionally grits). And on Sunday I go to a kosher deli and get sliced nova lox, bagels and cream cheese with scallions.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 04:05 PM

I don't eat breakfast as much as I would like to. But some scrambled eggs (with KETCHUP!) and a side of bacon or scrapple is awesome.

I also LOVE biscuits and gravy.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 04:18 PM

My favorite place to eat breakfast is Cracker Barrel. I always get the Sunrise Sampler, which is Eggs, Grits, Biscuits and Gravy, Fried Apples, Hashbrowns, Sausage, Ham and Bacon. It's exceptionally good if you're hungover.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 04:37 PM

I agree SB. Cracker Barrel is the best. The Col. also gets the Sunrise Sampler. I get the Smokehouse breakfast but I get country ham instaed of bacon or the sausage. Fried eggs, biscuits and gravy.

I don't like the fried apples and the cheesy hashbrowns or the grits. I usually order extra biscuits and gravy.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 04:40 PM

Gotta disagree. I HATE Cracker Barrel....I hate their phony "country store" their service sucks and their breakfast potatoes are horrible.

The best breakfast places are slightly gready and slightly dirty mom and pop coffee shops.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 04:42 PM

I love Denny's while I'm in Florida, but they suck up here.

Lately, I've been doing whole grain toast, fresh fruit and oatmeal. But nothing makes me happier than steak and eggs, actually, any meat with eggs.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 04:43 PM

And I looooooooooove grits!

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 04:46 PM

Once in awhile we go to Denny's here. I like Cracker Barrel better.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 05:39 PM

cereals with cold milk, coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 05:56 PM

Although I've never eaten a breakfast at Cracker Barrel, I have had lunch and dinner there. I like Cracker Barrel.

As for Denny's, I'm not that crazy about them. I like Cracker Barrel much more than Denny's.

I find that the best breakfasts are served in Diners.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 06:07 PM

The Denny's in Florida are far superior to the ones in the Northeast. The ones up here just suck.

The whole country store thing is annoying, DT, but I have to disagree about their breakfast. I love it.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 06:09 PM

The whole country store thing is annoying,

It may be annoying, but it's genius! ;\)

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 06:18 PM

The whole country store thing is annoying, DT, but I have to disagree about their breakfast. I love it.

I think the country store only appeals to people who live in the city. Don't get me wrong SB, I know you lived here until you were a teenager. I enjoy them as a break from all the noise, and everything else that goes along with living in the boroughs.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 07:40 PM

The Denny's in Florida are far superior to the ones in the Northeast. The ones up here just suck.

The Denny's here is ok. And as for Cracker Barrel I like the country store. Nice things to look at while you are waiting for your table.

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 08:08 PM

I had a great breakfast in a diner near Harrisburg Pa in May...
a real heart stopper...bacon, eggs, toast and a side order of creamed chipped beef (aka S.O.S.)

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 10:56 PM

There's a diner I eat at in Florida all the time when I'm down there, it's called Ellies 50's diner, on North Federal Highway, in Delray Beach. It's a little corny (they have the pink Cadillac outside and everything) but the food is great. Their basic egg breakfast is called the "Little Star," it's two eggs, home fries, oatmeal, grits, toast, fresh fruit and coffee (you get all of those items, NOT a choice of them) for $3.57.

Where else you gonna go?

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 11:10 PM

Who remembers when there were only a couple of big Diners in the boroughs and the smaller neighborhood places were known as Luncheonettes?

Now those places used to make THEE best breakfasts!

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/07 11:18 PM

Don't ask me. I'm not smaht enough.

But if I was smart enough, I'd go with Soup Burg on Lexington, between 76th and 77th. At one time I kept an office in that neighborhood, I ate their almost every day...twice!

To this day, it's my favorite burger in the city, with Jackson Hole (Columbus Avenue and 85th Street location) coming in a not-too-distant second. Jennifer Aniston worked there as a waitress. I'm told she was a very hard worker.

3rd goes to Veleska, the Ukrainian joint on 2nd Avenue and 9th Street. Unbelievable portions, and great food. Those Eastern Europeans really know from breakfast.

Re: Breakfast - 09/18/07 12:23 AM

Matter of fact, I have to go down to west 8th street tomorrow morning, real early, like 6am. I'm gonna come back through the east side, so I'm gonna stop at Veleska for a coronary UN-friendly breakfast.

Re: Breakfast - 09/18/07 12:25 AM

I loved luncheonettes. The best one was called Sal's on the corner of 234th and White Plains Road. My dad used to eat lunch there almost every day, and it was a real treat when I would go with him.

And I know this is going off-topic, but who remembers soda fountains?? My dad was a pharmacist, and he used to work the soda fountain sometimes. He made the BEST egg creams.

Re: Breakfast - 09/18/07 12:31 AM

Of course, I remember ALL of the pharmacies had soda fountains in those days. On the way to school, I always used to stop at one at Fordham Rd, and by the time I got to Mount (1973-1977) there were a couple of pharmacies that had them up on White Plains Road.

Re: Breakfast - 09/18/07 12:34 AM

For about 30 years, my dad worked at the Rexall on the corner of 233rd and White Plains Road, a few doors down from The Wakefield.

Re: Breakfast - 09/18/07 10:29 AM

when i was in florida i went to dennys every morning for two weeks solid i think i might try and start a dennys franchise in the UK!

Re: Breakfast - 09/18/07 02:44 PM

I had a pretty big breakfast downtown today. Lately, I've been doing a lot of fruit, and bran cereals, due to a recent bout with colitis, but today I went all out--3 eggs sunny side up, a short stack of blueberry pancakes, Canadian bacon, home fries, whole grain toast, and a cup of oatmeal (to keep things moving). Oh yeah, 2 smoking hot cups of REAL coffee (I've been watching the caffeine, too).

This thread can NOT be a good thing, but I love it.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Breakfast - 09/18/07 03:48 PM

Cereal and fruit for me!
Every morning

Re: Breakfast - 09/18/07 09:28 PM

scabbled egg with bacon and corned beef for me in the morning cant wait!

Re: Breakfast - 09/18/07 11:24 PM

scabbled egg with bacon and corned beef for me in the morning cant wait!

Well done corned beef hash and scrambled eggs. Now yer talkin!

Re: Breakfast - 09/19/07 02:04 AM

Mr. Babe loves corned beef hash and eggs. I can't eat it. It looks like dog food.

Re: Breakfast - 09/19/07 08:19 AM

i have just had my eggs and corned beef harsh it was that nice i could eat it again actually i think i might tommorow

Re: Breakfast - 09/19/07 01:49 PM

Back to healthy eating today. I had 1 poached egg, whole grain toast and fresh honeydew melon.

Re: Breakfast - 09/19/07 02:06 PM

Poached eggs, corned beef hash and ketchup......heaven on earth.

Re: Breakfast - 09/19/07 02:12 PM

I've come to love poached eggs. Actually, I always have. My mother would poach them with some vegetables for dinner quite often. She made ciambotta, which is kind of an Italian vegetable stew. Basically, it's some peppers, eggplants and zucchini, simmered in a light tomato sauce with some onions and garlic. Then she'd make little indentations in the pan, between the vegetables, where she'd crack the eggs. Then cover the pan and let the eggs poach in the steam from the sauce. A little grated parmigiano and a fresh bastone. Oh boy, do I miss her and her cooking.

Re: Breakfast - 09/19/07 03:32 PM

My mother says that the secret to a poached egg is to add a drop of white vinegar (another use for Geoff, aside from cleaning the coffee pot) to the water so that the egg won't sink. Don't know how true that is, but she does make a very nice poached egg.

Re: Breakfast - 09/19/07 05:13 PM

My mother says that the secret to a poached egg is to add a drop of white vinegar (another use for Geoff, aside from cleaning the coffee pot) to the water so that the egg won't sink. Don't know how true that is, but she does make a very nice poached egg.

Hmmm I read someplace the vinegar was to hold the egg white together, but it is definitely part of making good poached eggs.

Speaking of which (and this is not necessarily a breakfast thing) but poached eggs on cooked spinach is delicious.

Re: Breakfast - 09/20/07 08:46 AM

Just about to have sausage and thick potato waffle sandwiches with melted cheddar cheese over the waffels, yummy

Re: Breakfast - 09/20/07 11:47 AM

Melted cheddar cheese on a waffle? Hmmmm. I've never heard of that one before. Interesting.

Personally I enjoy my waffles with either maple syrup or chocclate ice cream.

I love cheese, but have never thought of having it melted over a waffle.

Re: Breakfast - 09/20/07 12:02 PM

I used to work near the Motown Restaurant (W 57th Street) and would occasionally go there for lunch. They served an absolutely awesome dish of fried chicken and waffles!! It doesn't SOUND like it'd be a good combination but it was!!!

Re: Breakfast - 09/20/07 12:20 PM

Melted cheddar cheese on a waffle? Hmmmm. I love cheese, but have never thought of having it melted over a waffle.

DC you have to try its great \:D

Re: Breakfast - 09/20/07 12:22 PM

Melted cheddar cheese on a waffle? Hmmmm. I love cheese, but have never thought of having it melted over a waffle.

DC you have to try its great \:D

I will.

Re: Breakfast - 09/20/07 01:57 PM

Today I had All-Bran cereal with blueberries, sliced almonds and skim milk, whole grain toast with orange jelly, tomato juice and coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 09/21/07 01:38 PM

I just invented a new breakfast (new, for me, at least).

I bought some wraps (those flat pieces of "bread" that you can roll up into a sandwich) yesterday. I realized this morning (while trying to decide on breakfast) that these wraps are the same size as my large frying pan ...

... instant idea!

I made an omelette with some bacon and swiss cheese and transferred it to the wrap, added a touch of ketchup and salt & pepper and rolled it up.

It was pretty good, if I say so myself.

Re: Breakfast - 09/21/07 01:45 PM

I did poached eggs again this morning, with Canadian bacon and a whole grain muffin, at the Pelham Bay Diner on Gun Hill Rd. and I-95. I love that place.

Re: Breakfast - 09/21/07 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I love that place.

They must have nice bathrooms. \:p \:p

Re: Breakfast - 09/21/07 02:31 PM

I love that place.

They must have nice bathrooms. \:p \:p

Oh, just gorgeous. The stalls are mirrored, so I can watch myself grimace as I squeeze.

Hey, you started it. \:p

Re: Breakfast - 09/21/07 04:21 PM

What are poached eggs?

My breakfast today: Nacho Cheese Doritos
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Breakfast - 09/22/07 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

I had a great breakfast in a diner near Harrisburg Pa in May...
a real heart stopper...bacon, eggs, toast and a side order of creamed chipped beef (aka S.O.S.)

Please tell me where if you can remember. I've probably been there.

My in-laws own a restaurant between Scranton and Wilkes-Barre, and they are well known in the area for their outstanding breakfasts. My all-time favorite is a ham and cheese omelette, home fries- hot and crispy, and rye toast. They offer Italian toast, which is a delight by itself.

In central PA- PA Dutch country, a lot of the German favorites are available.

Has anyone ever had baked oatmeal, which is great in the Winter. It has eggs, a little sugar and other tasty ingredients. It's unique.

Re: Breakfast - 09/22/07 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: klydon1

In central PA- PA Dutch country

Good and Plenty Amish Restaurant in PA Dutch country. The Best Fried Chicken that I've ever had!

As for breakfasts, there used to be this little place right near Harrisburg that we used to go to called The Dutch Pantry. They made some of the best home made country breakfasts that I've ever had!

Re: Breakfast - 09/22/07 04:02 AM

In central PA- PA Dutch country

Good and Plenty Amish Restaurant in PA Dutch country. The Best Fried Chicken that I've ever had!

As for breakfasts, there used to be this little place right near Harrisburg that we used to go to called The Dutch Pantry. They made some of the best home made country breakfasts that I've ever had!

I know them both. Good and Plenty is, I believe, family style.

Dutch Pantry sadly is no more, to the best of my knowledge. It was kind of a local chain that had good food. The last one that I remember was located about a mile from my house and closed around 1996.

believe it or not, I had several meals there, but never breakfast. My loss.

Re: Breakfast - 09/22/07 12:15 PM

Good and Plenty is, I believe, family style.

Thats what I remember.... you'd share a long table with strangers and eat some of the freshest stuff you'll ever be able to order.

A few soft scrambled eggs with some scrapple and fresh home fries was my usual fare there.

One of the places there (in the heart of Amish country) had this huge statue of an Amish farmer outside of it. Anyone remember the name of this place?

Re: Breakfast - 09/22/07 01:38 PM

This morning, I was in my old neighborhood by 7am, like every Saturday, to do my shopping for the week. I had some biscotti with almonds and a handful of pignoli cookies, with my coffee (a nice blend of espresso and "American" coffee). No fiber of "good" fats, but I only do it once a week.

Re: Breakfast - 09/22/07 06:00 PM

Thats what I remember.... you'd share a long table with strangers and eat some of the freshest stuff you'll ever be able to order.

A few soft scrambled eggs with some scrapple and fresh home fries was my usual fare there.

One of the places there (in the heart of Amish country) had this huge statue of an Amish farmer outside of it. Anyone remember the name of this place?

I can picture it, but the name escapes me. It was a painted statue, wasn't it? I'll try to find out the name of the place.

The Amish community recently made the news here a year after the tragedy, in which several young girls were gunned down in a school house. Others are left with substantial permanent injuries.

They have contributed a significant portion of funds donated to them for the family of the killer.

Re: Breakfast - 09/22/07 07:09 PM

I can picture it, but the name escapes me. It was a painted statue, wasn't it? I'll try to find out the name of the place.

I was taking a nap and all of a sudden the name came to me.... Zinn's Diner.

Re: Breakfast - 09/22/07 10:14 PM

I was taking a nap and all of a sudden the name came to me.... Zinn's Diner.

Yes, indeed. I've never eate there, but I have seen many roadside billboards and signs. That giant Amish guy must be related to Bob's Big Boy.

Re: Breakfast - 09/22/07 10:29 PM

reminds me of Paul Bunyon's somewhere in Wisconsin.

Re: Breakfast - 09/22/07 11:25 PM

smoetimes a good BLT nakes for a good breakfast.

Re: Breakfast - 09/23/07 01:21 AM

Slow down on that wine, Clemenza.

Re: Breakfast - 09/23/07 03:29 AM

I LOVE BLTs, but rarely order them out. It bothers me that they're so simple and inexpensive to make, yet restaurants charge so much for them. When we were on a cruise two years ago, the room service was free. I must have ordered a dozen BLTs during the 4 nights we were on the ship!!!

Re: Breakfast - 09/23/07 09:50 AM

just had a Double sausage and egg muffin with a hash brown from McDonalds washed down with some fresh orange \:\)

Re: Breakfast - 09/23/07 09:53 AM

You're on the health diet today, huh?

Re: Breakfast - 09/23/07 01:46 PM

As always ;\)

Re: Breakfast - 09/23/07 06:14 PM

Bagels, lox and cream cheese today. YUM.

Re: Breakfast - 09/23/07 06:20 PM

Ok, here's an example of a difference between East/West when it comes to some foods. \:p I love bagles and cream cheese. Yet, I would venture to guess that if you asked most Californians what Lox was they wouldn't know. Do they have lox here? I'm sure they do. I couldn't tell you where to by it (them) though. \:\/

To be honest, I know I've been told what lox is but can't remember. A fish??? Ok, laugh but hey I don't get out much.

TIS

Re: Breakfast - 09/23/07 06:27 PM

TIS, It's smoked salmon. Mr. Babe has a smoker, and he used to actually make his own sometimes, but hasn't done it in years.

Really good delis have excellent lox, but most of the bagel places out here buy some cryo'd stuff, which I can buy myself at Costco. Actually, I often buy mine at either Costco or Trader Joe's. The problem with Costco's is that it's such an enormous package that it goes bad before we can eat it all.

Re: Breakfast - 09/23/07 07:32 PM

We had sausage, biscuits & gravy a few days ago. Today we just had bacon and home fries. Simple, but delicious!

Re: Breakfast - 09/24/07 01:46 PM

I was on the run this morning because I had to be in lower Manhattan by 7, then back up to the Bronx by 9, so I had 2 Fiber One cereal bars and a V-8. Not too bad, for "health" food.

Re: Breakfast - 09/24/07 09:39 PM

A couple pieces of bologna.

Re: Breakfast - 09/25/07 01:59 AM

Mig, you have no idea how that post made me laugh, not AT you, but because I thought I clicked on "Tonight's Dinner", and I thought, Wow!! That's a pretty sad dinner! Then I realized it was the wrong thread.

Re: Breakfast - 09/25/07 02:02 AM

I'm here to provide love and laughter.

Re: Breakfast - 09/25/07 10:32 AM

I'm here to provide love and laughter.

And you do a fabulous job. \:\)

Re: Breakfast - 09/25/07 10:36 AM

I have just had sausage corned beef and baked beans

Re: Breakfast - 09/25/07 02:05 PM

Whole grain blueberry waffles with a side of Canadian bacon, tomato juice and coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 09/26/07 08:33 AM

Waffles and Cheese and Ham Pancakes

Re: Breakfast - 09/26/07 03:44 PM

Had McDonald's Bacon Egg and Cheese with a Hasbrown, and I'm ready to eat again!

Re: Breakfast - 09/27/07 09:25 AM

Ham and Mushroom Omellette orange juice and two cups of Coffee

Re: Breakfast - 10/01/07 07:36 AM

McDonald's again this morning 2 sandwiches and two hash browns 2 cups of tea

Re: Breakfast - 10/01/07 11:48 AM

Oh, I was bad yesterday morning. We had a long day ahead of us as we had to travel up to Hudson Valley N.Y. to play a football game. So the head coach, my son and myself went for breakfast before catching our team bus.

A ham and cheese omlette with home fries, a toasted bagel, a side of well done corned beef hash, a cup of hot coffee and then a large iced coffee to go.

I hardly ever eat a big breakfast like that.

Re: Breakfast - 10/01/07 12:01 PM

How is that bad? I don't think I've ever had corned beef hash.

Re: Breakfast - 10/01/07 12:20 PM

That's a bad breakfast. Greasy, with salty Ham and Cheese as well as salty Corned Beef Hash. High in fats. Just not a healthy breakfast. But delicious!

You never had corned beef hash? Next time you go out for breakfast, order it and try it. I love it.

Re: Breakfast - 10/01/07 02:10 PM

I love corned beef hash(stovies we call it over here) but i don't think i have ever had it for my breakfast?
I will have to give it a try
For my breakfast today i had 2 weetabix,a banana and an apple washed down with a glassof fruit juice. For elevenses i had a cherry and coconut scone and a coffee!
Lovely \:\)

Re: Breakfast - 10/01/07 04:41 PM

That's a bad breakfast. Greasy, with salty Ham and Cheese as well as salty Corned Beef Hash. High in fats. Just not a healthy breakfast. But delicious!

You never had corned beef hash? Next time you go out for breakfast, order it and try it. I love it.

I'm sure you walked off all the fats walking up and down the sidelines all day. You had a delicious breakfast and won the game to boot. Great day!!!!

Re: Breakfast - 10/01/07 05:36 PM

Yeah, but I made up for it with all the beers that I drank on the bus ride home!

Re: Breakfast - 10/01/07 05:45 PM

Hey ya gotta celebrate.

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 03:23 PM

Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Pop Tarts. I was in the mood for something sweet.

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 04:21 PM

French toast, bacon,scrambled eggs.

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 04:36 PM

I'm on a diet. Today I had a small bowl of whole grain cereal, lo calories soy milk, a small yogurt and green tea.

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 05:49 PM

DT,

How much do you pay for soy milk in FL?

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 06:02 PM

I'm on a diet. Today I had a small bowl of whole grain cereal, lo calories soy milk, a small yogurt and green tea.

I'd rather be fat. \:p

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 06:08 PM

I'd rather be fat.

Me too. \:\(

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 06:13 PM

Oh, SC, that was your cue to jump in and express your amazement that I would consider myself fat - "Oh, SB, how can you even THINK that about yourself?" But NO, you just chime in, Me too.

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 06:14 PM

(checking my calendar)

I thought that was last week.

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 06:16 PM

That's supposed to be EVERY day.

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 06:17 PM

OK, Slim, my mistake.

I'll state for the record that you ain't fat!!! You just wanna be.

I'm fat, and I DON'T wanna be.

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 06:19 PM

OK, Slim, my mistake.

You are the MAN!!!!!

And quite the lean and handsome man, too!

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 06:20 PM

Wow.... that was easy.

(sending Mr. Babe $5 for his "educational tips").

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 06:23 PM

Hey, he needs the money. Our anniversary is coming up.

And to get back on topic, I plan to make him a splendid breakfast to celebrate. Wasn't that a nice segue??

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 06:33 PM

OK, Slim, my mistake.

I'll state for the record that you ain't fat!!! You just wanna be.

I'm fat, and I DON'T wanna be.

I'm pleasingly plump

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 07:35 PM

I'm gonna be of perfect weight unless I go off this diet and eat three or four double bacon cheeseburgers and fries in about ten minutes.

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 07:56 PM

I'm gonna be of perfect weight unless I go off this diet and eat three or four double bacon cheeseburgers and fries in about ten minutes.

I had a pretty crappy day. Save me a seat.

Re: Breakfast - 10/02/07 08:20 PM

I'm already at my perfect weight. Its my height that I have a problem with. I should be 7'6" tall. \:\(

Re: Breakfast - 10/03/07 12:54 AM

I'm already at my perfect weight. Its my height that I have a problem with. I should be 7'6" tall. \:\(

I love that line. \:\) I hadn't heard it before. I'll have to remember it.

TIS

Re: Breakfast - 10/03/07 12:58 AM

Re: Breakfast - 10/03/07 01:08 AM

"I'm not overweight. I'm under-tall."

Re: Breakfast - 10/03/07 01:13 AM

Well, if we're talking height, I'm told that I'm vertically challenged. \:\/ \:D

TIS

Re: Breakfast - 10/05/07 07:15 AM

Scrambled egg on toast

Re: Breakfast - 10/06/07 04:00 PM

Tea \:\)

Re: Breakfast - 10/06/07 05:16 PM

I had some Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Re: Breakfast - 10/06/07 07:58 PM

Scrambled egg on toast

One of my favs.

Re: Breakfast - 10/07/07 01:18 AM

Bacon, eggs over easy, toast, and hash browns. They were so good.

Re: Breakfast - 10/09/07 09:07 PM

Just bought some Frosties for the morning thereee greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttt
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Breakfast - 10/16/07 06:07 AM

What do I like? I love bacon, eggs and french toast. But I can't leave the house without putting something in my stomach and it's usually cereal of some sort.

Re: Breakfast - 10/18/07 03:30 PM

I had business in upper Westchester early this morning, so I hit the IHOP in Hartsdale. I hadn't been there in forever. I went the whole 9 today: T-Bone steak with eggs sunny side up, short stack of pancakes, hash browns, toast, coffee and OJ. All for 10 bucks. Where you gonna find that?

Re: Breakfast - 10/18/07 04:03 PM

I don't go to Ihop anymore. When they bring the food to me it's half done and cold.

I had a couple pieces of french toast and a cold glass of milk this morning.

Re: Breakfast - 10/18/07 04:46 PM

I had business in upper Westchester early this morning, so I hit the IHOP in Hartsdale. I hadn't been there in forever. I went the whole 9 today: T-Bone steak with eggs sunny side up, short stack of pancakes, hash browns, toast, coffee and OJ. All for 10 bucks. Where you gonna find that?

Not in the cardiac unit a meal like that will put you

Re: Breakfast - 10/19/07 01:57 PM

True, Don T, but it was a very rare breakfast for me. Today I went back to healthy: Oatmeal with fresh fruit and whole grain toast with orange marmalade, coffee and tomato juice.

Re: Breakfast - 11/17/07 09:18 AM

Just a bowl of Frosties this morning
Posted By: DonPacino

Re: Breakfast - 11/17/07 11:12 AM

Bacon and egg toastie with brown sauce and beans. Unhealthy I know but it's not like i have it everyday.

Re: Breakfast - 11/17/07 11:19 AM

If i could i would have a full english everyday,but i know i cant \:\(

Re: Breakfast - 11/17/07 03:32 PM

Just made the family a big hearty breakfast :

Cinnamon swirl brown sugar french toast, Sunnyside up eggs, bacon and home fries.

Re: Breakfast - 11/17/07 03:51 PM

Cinnamon swirl brown sugar french toast, Sunnyside up eggs, bacon and home fries.

Hmmmm!
DC that all sounds delicious
I had 3 Weetabix and a banana this morning!

Re: Breakfast - 11/17/07 03:53 PM

What are home fries DC?

Re: Breakfast - 11/17/07 04:11 PM

What are home fries DC?

Home fries are your regular potatoes which are either sliced or cubed. I add chopped up onions along with the normal salt and pepper spices along with paprika. Instead of deep frying your potatoes you grease up the surface of your frying pan / skillet, scour a little oil over the potatoes themselves, and then cook your potatoes in that manner constantly flipping them pancake style. The best way, in my opinion, to make the absolute most authentic home fries is to make them from baked potatoes, then go through the procedure that I mentioned above. At least that's how I like to do it.

You can make them on the Steakhouse dry side :

Or Diner/Luncheonette style which is on the greasey side :

Both ways are delicious!

Re: Breakfast - 11/17/07 04:15 PM

Wow they look great \:D

i think i might have to try and cook some myself tommorow morning

ive never even seen these in a cafe or when ive been to the states are they popular?

Re: Breakfast - 11/17/07 04:20 PM

don't be cooking in the morning with a hangover mate \:o
you'll burn the place out.....
Let someone else cook em for ya ;\)

Re: Breakfast - 11/17/07 04:23 PM

True mate

hopefully ill pick a lady up tonight and she can cook for me in the morning

Re: Breakfast - 11/17/07 05:55 PM

Homefries are outstanding. I like mine well done and crispy. A great way to start a morning after a night of festivity. Add a ham and cheese omelette, an order of rye toast and a cup of tea, and I'm set for the day.

Re: Breakfast - 11/17/07 07:14 PM

Homefries are outstanding. I like mine well done and crispy. A great way to start a morning after a night of festivity. Add a ham and cheese omelette, an order of rye toast and a cup of tea, and I'm set for the day.

A man after my own heart!

Throw in a little well done corned beef hash, and your set! ;\)

Re: Breakfast - 11/18/07 01:56 AM

Mr. Babe loves corned beef hash, but I can't stand it. To me, it looks like dog food.

As for the home fries, they are excellent. I like to boil the potatoes the night before and chill them in the fridge overnight. Mr. Babe makes them very well, with a touch of cayenne pepper. Delicious.

Re: Breakfast - 11/18/07 01:59 AM

Mr. Babe loves corned beef hash, but I can't stand it. To me, it looks like dog food.

(it does to me, too).

Congrats, SB. You've just taken the lead back from SV for the Pickiest Eater on the boards. \:p

Re: Breakfast - 11/18/07 02:05 AM

I am a bit obsessive about food, aren't I?? And I have weird things about certain foods, just like with the corned beef hash. For example, I can only eat cauliflower if my mother makes her famous batter-dipped fried cauliflower? And why, you may ask? I can't look at cauliflower because it reminds me of brains. I can only eat it if it's disguised.

Re: Breakfast - 11/18/07 02:10 AM

I can't look at cauliflower because it reminds me of brains.

But yet you wanna show me your toes.

Re: Breakfast - 11/18/07 02:12 AM

[quote=Sicilian Babe]But yet you wanna show me your toes.

But I don't expect you to EAT them!! Oh, my, why does that sound so wrong??

OK, we have to stop before we make people LOSE their breakfast!!

Re: Breakfast - 11/18/07 04:08 AM

Congrats, SB. You've just taken the lead back from SV for the Pickiest Eater on the boards. \:p

Bastardo!

I have not yet begun to pick!

And, BTW, there is actually an Italian restaurant in Manhattan called Il Bastardo. It's on Seventh Ave. near W. 20th Street. (You just can't make this stuff up.)

My favorite breakfast is Chinese food - though I hardly ever eat a "full" breakfast.

Signor V.

Re: Breakfast - 11/18/07 09:12 AM

Sausage, bacon, mushrooms, onions and cheese in a Bagutte this morning

Re: Breakfast - 11/18/07 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli

My favorite breakfast is Chinese food -
Signor V.

Egg Foo Young? \:p

Re: Breakfast - 11/18/07 07:22 PM

We went to 9:30 mass this morning. We NEVER go to church that early, preferring the evening mass. But we had to go for my daughter's commitment ceremony.

Anyway, I was explaining to my husband that when I was a kid you couldn't eat until after you received Communion, so everyone went to the early masses. I mean, you were STARVING. Then, walking home from church, we would stop at the bakery and get danishes. So, that's what we did this morning. They were delicious.

Re: Breakfast - 11/18/07 10:09 PM

My favorite breakfast is Chinese food -
Signor V.

Egg Foo Young? \:p

Bi Chur Tung. ;\)

Or, as I said to my cat the other day:

VITELLI: Tell me cat, who was the famous leader of the People's Republic of China?

CAT: Maooooooooooooo!

Signor V.
Posted By: DonPacino

Re: Breakfast - 11/18/07 11:25 PM

School tomorrow so something like scrambled eggs or pancakes.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Breakfast - 11/19/07 01:23 AM

I never eat it. I'm just not hungry in the morning. My stomach doesn't wake up until 10 or 11.

Re: Breakfast - 11/19/07 11:47 AM

4 Weetabix

Re: Breakfast - 11/19/07 02:31 PM

Bi Chur Tung. ;\)

Re: Breakfast - 11/23/07 10:11 AM

4 Weetabix

Funnily enough thats what i have had this morning!
Now me and the little one are sharing jam and toast. He is eating his and licking all the jam of mine....

Re: Breakfast - 11/27/07 05:59 PM

Blueberry pancakes with canadian bacon and two eggs at the Pelham Bay Diner.

Re: Breakfast - 12/01/07 10:23 AM

Sausage,mushrooms and chesse on a big cob lovley

Re: Breakfast - 12/01/07 08:46 PM

Tomorrow I'm thinking of a fry-up. Eggs, sausages, bacon, onions, mushrooms.

Yum.

Re: Breakfast - 12/01/07 09:49 PM

Blueberry pancakes with canadian bacon and two eggs at the Pelham Bay Diner.

Gods that sounds absolutely delicious PB...

Re: Breakfast - 12/02/07 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Tomorrow I'm thinking of a fry-up. Eggs, sausages, bacon, onions, mushrooms.

Yum.

Re: Breakfast - 12/02/07 01:38 AM

I am not a breakfast eater. However, every now and then it simply sounds wonderful. On those occasions I love pancakes (with only maple syrup), eggs, bacon, ham sausage. Mmmmm!!! Oh, and of coure the eggs simply must have a minimum of two yokes each.

Chopper your breakfast sounds good with the mushrooms and cheese, but the only cob I know is a corn cob, and I doubt you mean that. Teach me your lingo. ;\)

TIS

Re: Breakfast - 12/02/07 12:09 PM

Hmm i suppose the best way to describe a cob is like a burger bun without the seeds and a bit bigger,ill post you some ;\)

Re: Breakfast - 12/03/07 02:12 PM

Cobs rule

Re: Breakfast - 12/03/07 03:00 PM

LMFAO!!!! I've just read SV's cat joke. It's a genuine classic. I need to start using that with people.

Re: Breakfast - 12/03/07 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Cobs rule

I like the word baps better

Re: Breakfast - 12/03/07 03:23 PM

Get your baps out for the lads!

Re: Breakfast - 12/03/07 03:25 PM

You got it.

Bigger baps are better

Re: Breakfast - 12/03/07 03:29 PM

Big Baps Juicy Flaps.

If I ever ran a brothel above a sandwich shop, I'd call it that.

Re: Breakfast - 12/03/07 03:30 PM

Big Baps Juicy Flaps.

Sounds great.

Re: Breakfast - 12/03/07 03:48 PM

Big Baps Juicy Flaps.

Re: Breakfast - 12/03/07 04:33 PM

Wow they look great \:D

i think i might have to try and cook some myself tommorow morning

ive never even seen these in a cafe or when ive been to the states are they popular?

Add some green peppers and slices of cheese and then you've really got something good.

Re: Breakfast - 12/08/07 03:08 PM

Had me a ham and swiss omelette this morning with crispy home fries. Mmmmm.

Re: Breakfast - 12/09/07 12:03 AM

Qquick breakfast for me today. I tried the McSkillet Sandwich at McDonald's today, and it was pretty good.

Re: Breakfast - 12/09/07 02:26 AM

I have'nt had anything from Macdonalds in absolutely ages....

Re: Breakfast - 12/09/07 04:10 AM

I had a scrambled egg&ham biscuit.

Re: Breakfast - 12/09/07 05:21 PM

As I said, I'm not much of a breakfast eater, however, I'm going out this morning with my daughters (to the Italian market btw) and we are considering breakfast. If we do then I must admit, I'll probably go all out with omelet, pancakes, ham/sausage, OJ, coffeee. I will pig out. \:\) It sounds good today.

TIS
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Breakfast - 12/09/07 05:25 PM

Can I tag along? That sounds like my kind of breakfast. Minus the coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 12/09/07 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
Can I tag along? That sounds like my kind of breakfast. Minus the coffee.

Absolutely! My daughter has a big vehicle. We'll save you a spot. ;\) Let's see, catch a plane, you can be here in about 4 hours and we can have breakfast at about 1:30 p.m PST. \:\) See ya soon!!!!! \:D

TIS

Re: Breakfast - 12/18/07 07:16 PM

Steel cut Irish oatmeal. You have to let it sit in water overnight, and when you cok it in the morning it is still crunchy.
Great breakfast, sticks to your ribs all day long.

Re: Breakfast - 12/18/07 07:22 PM

Whats in a ham and swiss omelette? ive never heard of one

And fries in a morning \:o

Re: Breakfast - 12/18/07 07:30 PM

Whats in a ham and swiss omelette? ive never heard of one

And fries in a morning \:o

What's in a ham and swiss omelette?

Are you drinking already, Chopper?

Re: Breakfast - 12/18/07 07:42 PM

Only one ;\)

well obviously ham and swiss cheese i just meant is there anything else?

Re: Breakfast - 12/18/07 08:07 PM

Only one ;\)

well obviously ham and swiss cheese i just meant is there anything else?

Eggs. \:p

Re: Breakfast - 12/18/07 08:12 PM

In Godfather parlance a ham and swiss is

Altobello and that Banker F*ck

Re: Breakfast - 12/18/07 08:20 PM

Re: Breakfast - 12/19/07 08:01 PM

Actually I made a ham and cheese omlette with whole wheat toast this morning.

I'm not a big breakfast person at all, but every once in a while I'll get the urge for an omlette.

Re: Breakfast - 12/20/07 01:40 PM

I'm not a big breakfast person at all, but every once in a while I'll get the urge for an omlette.

Exactly how I feel, usually I get an omelet craving late at night though.

Re: Breakfast - 12/20/07 10:39 PM

Breakfast is my favourite time of the dsy

Re: Breakfast - 12/20/07 10:46 PM

But it's like 11 o'clock at night in England.

Seriously Chopper, find an AA meeting. \:p

Re: Breakfast - 12/21/07 07:31 AM

I know it is quite worrying \:o

Re: Breakfast - 12/21/07 04:03 PM

\:D

This morning i had muesli (chewy healthy rabbit food)
And a banana.
Then i went to bed. Even when i am on nights i still have breakfast,although i guess then it becomes supper eh?

Re: Breakfast - 12/21/07 04:23 PM

The muesli will make you poop, the banana will bind you right back up.

Simple math really.

Re: Breakfast - 12/21/07 04:29 PM

\:\)

Re: Breakfast - 12/21/07 04:30 PM

You're smiling cuz you're regular, right?

Re: Breakfast - 12/21/07 04:31 PM

Nope....constipated

\:D

Re: Breakfast - 12/21/07 07:02 PM

The muesli will make you poop, the banana will bind you right back up.

Simple math really.

Banana's give me heartburn

Re: Breakfast - 12/22/07 03:01 PM

I was at the Arthur Avemue Market this morning at 6:30, it was already a friggin' zoo! I go every Saturday, so I find the extra holiday shoppers particularly annoying.

Anyway, for "breakfast," I had a warm mozzarella, lightly salted, dripping with milky white goodness, a chunk of Addeo "chiggala" bread with little flecks of pork fat, a couple of pignoli cookies and a couple of hi-octane espresso. I'm still flyin'.

Re: Breakfast - 12/22/07 08:03 PM

PB, I went to Arthur Ave. once at this time of year. The line to get into Teitel Brothers was around the block. I swore that I would never do it again.

Mr. Babe made a lovely pot of freshly ground Burundi coffee, some bacon, eggs over easy and toast for us all this morning. It certainly hit the spot.

Re: Breakfast - 12/22/07 08:30 PM

Very nice for Mister Babe.

I know what you mean about the neighborhood. Growing up we dreaded the feasts and the big food holidays more than anything because it was like an invasion. People would ask to my mother, "why are you so grumpy today?" and she'd just say, "see how you'd like it if people came into your backyard, up in the fancy suburbs, and screamed for a week!"

Re: Breakfast - 12/23/07 05:04 AM

My daughter and I went Christmas shopping this morning, so we started the day by going out to a nearby diner for breakfast. Scrambled eggs and home fries for her,; a ham and cheese omelette with homefries for me.

As an added treat, Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus stopped by our table and gave us candy canes.

Re: Breakfast - 12/23/07 01:40 PM

That Santa Claus fella does'nt half get around...... \:o
I saw him today too.... ;\)

Re: Breakfast - 12/23/07 01:58 PM

As an added treat, Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus stopped by our table and gave us candy canes.

klyd - I don't know how to tell you this but......

Re: Breakfast - 12/23/07 01:58 PM

\:o

\:D \:D

Re: Breakfast - 12/23/07 02:22 PM

SC, SC, what have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectuflly. Had you come to me in friendship, then this scum that ruined your belief in Santa would be suffering this very day.

Don't you still hear the bell?

I do. ;\)

Re: Breakfast - 12/23/07 03:26 PM

That SC is such a Grinch!! \:p

Speaking of breakfast, which I never really eat, I am today. \:D I am making a spinach/cheese quieche. My kids are coming over and we are bakcing. I also have fresh fruit, crossiants, cinamon rolls, OJ and coffee.

TIS

Re: Breakfast - 12/23/07 03:55 PM

Speaking of breakfast, which I never really eat, I am today. \:D I am making a spinach/cheese quieche. My kids are coming over and we are bakcing. I also have fresh fruit, crossiants, cinamon rolls, OJ and coffee.

TIS

I'll be there in an hour!

Re: Breakfast - 12/23/07 04:04 PM

TIS

I'll be there in an hour!

I'll have a table setting with your name on it. ;\)

Geez, look at my awful spelling. I know I got Quieche wrong but bakcing?

TIS

Re: Breakfast - 12/23/07 04:33 PM

I'm thinking maybe Taco Bell for breakfast this morning

Re: Breakfast - 12/23/07 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Longneck

I don't know which is worse : that or canned Spaghetti O's! \:x

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Re: Breakfast - 12/26/07 06:16 AM

I don't know which is worse : that or canned Spaghetti O's! \:x

That.

Re: Breakfast - 12/26/07 01:04 PM

Ok, after two days of feasting on fishes, meats, pastas, appetizers, desserts, etc., today I'm going to have a nice big Alka Seltzer for breakfast!

Re: Breakfast - 12/27/07 02:59 PM

I just saw this now. \:D

Re: Breakfast - 12/30/07 01:52 AM

Went to Cracker Barrel this morning.

Re: Breakfast - 12/30/07 02:12 PM

Went to Cracker Barrel this morning.

And? Did you eat there? \:p

Re: Breakfast - 12/30/07 03:48 PM

Yes I did. I had the Smokehouse breakfast. 2 eggs Bacon extra crispy biscuits and gravy no grits.

Re: Breakfast - 12/30/07 03:55 PM

When I go out for breakfast no matter what egg dish I select, I love to have cheese on my eggs (eggs benedict, ham/cheese omelet, etc). And, of course not matter what egg dish I choose, having meat with it is a MUST for me (I'm such a meathead) \:D I like bacon and sausage but with eggs ham or steak is good too.

TIS

Re: Breakfast - 12/30/07 05:49 PM

When I go out for breakfast no matter what egg dish I select, I love to have cheese on my eggs (eggs benedict, ham/cheese omelet, etc)
TIS

Yes, you like two eggs with cheese, which is really four eggs, right?

Re: Breakfast - 12/30/07 07:36 PM

TIS, I'm the same way. Scrambled Eggs with cheese is my favorite. My daughter literally lived on that and macaroni and cheese until she was about three, and now she won't even look at it.

And definitely bacon, sausage or ham (or all three!). I like Taylor Ham, too. Have you tried that? That's why I like to have a breakfast buffet. Why should I have to CHOOSE between pork products. I want bacon AND sausage!!!

Re: Breakfast - 12/30/07 08:20 PM

When I go out for breakfast no matter what egg dish I select, I love to have cheese on my eggs (eggs benedict, ham/cheese omelet, etc)
TIS

Maybe I should re-phrase that :

"Our two eggs are really four eggs. One of our eggs equals two eggs."

;\)

Re: Breakfast - 12/31/07 07:46 AM

I have just enjoyed a ham mushroom and onion omlette that my mum made,so i will be in a good mood for the rest of the day now

Re: Breakfast - 12/31/07 04:13 PM

The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert

No, I didn't start celebrating that early. I haven't eaten breakfast, probably won't.

Re: Breakfast - 12/31/07 11:39 PM

TIS

Maybe I should re-phrase that :

"Our two eggs are really four eggs. One of our eggs equals two eggs."

;\)

C'MON TIS!!! Tell me that you don't remember that!!!

Re: Breakfast - 01/01/08 12:01 AM

I sure do. It's easy one = two. \:\) My favorite kind of eggs. Sounds like a great New Year's Day breakfast. \:\)

TIS

Re: Breakfast - 01/01/08 06:15 PM

New Years Day Breakfast for me this morning :

A slice of homemade Cheesecake.

A slice of homemade half and half frosted cake.

Tommorrow, it's back to the gym and back to healthy eating.

But today, I'm gonna pig out one more time!

Re: Breakfast - 01/01/08 06:17 PM

Ha ha!!! Did the cheesecake have cherries or strawberries on top? Aren't holidays wonderful? You can eat whatever you damn well please (and cry about it the next few days)

TIS

Re: Breakfast - 01/02/08 02:34 AM

Was it frozen? \:p

Re: Breakfast - 01/02/08 03:40 AM

Was it frozen? \:p

That would be MY breakfast.

Re: Breakfast - 01/05/08 11:10 AM

Sausage Mushroom and Cheese Bagutte this morning a great way to start the day.

Re: Breakfast - 01/05/08 03:10 PM

Biscotti with almonds, pignoli cookies and coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 01/06/08 01:37 AM

Sounds like breakfast at Egidio's, perhaps??

Re: Breakfast - 01/06/08 02:52 AM

I'll procrastinate tomorrow

Re: Breakfast - 01/06/08 05:15 PM

Sounds like breakfast at Egidio's, perhaps??

Am I that predictable?

Re: Breakfast - 01/07/08 03:11 AM

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese on a biscuit homemade

Re: Breakfast - 01/07/08 05:26 PM

I fried some eggs and serrano ham in live oil Sunday.....wonderful.

Re: Breakfast - 01/12/08 03:14 PM

Italian style fried eggs.

Re: Breakfast - 01/12/08 03:16 PM

That's what the mother cooked in "Moonstruck". I tried making it once. It just tasted like an egg over wet toast.

Re: Breakfast - 01/12/08 03:18 PM

If you get the olive oil smoking hot, the bread will crisp instead of getting "wet."

Re: Breakfast - 01/13/08 03:09 AM

Bacon, eggs over easy, and toast.

Re: Breakfast - 01/13/08 03:36 AM

If you get the olive oil smoking hot,

Why does everything need to be smoking hot?

Re: Breakfast - 01/13/08 06:08 AM

I've been making French Toast lately. Today I made it with challah. It came out really good!!

Re: Breakfast - 01/13/08 06:33 PM

You want your olive oil to be like your men....

SC, French toast made with challah is the BEST.

Re: Breakfast - 01/13/08 06:42 PM

Is challah bread?

Re: Breakfast - 01/13/08 07:57 PM

You want your olive oil to be like your men....

That does beat extra virgin.

Re: Breakfast - 01/14/08 09:06 AM

Weetabix as im off to the gym this morning

Re: Breakfast - 01/16/08 06:57 PM

McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal with Vanilla Soymilk and honey

Re: Breakfast - 01/24/08 01:15 PM

McDonalds this morning i had two sausage and egg muffins two hash browns and a pint of orange juice to wash it down

It was Lovely hmmmmmmmm

Re: Breakfast - 01/24/08 05:31 PM

Kellogs crunchy nut cornflakes and some blueberries!

Re: Breakfast - 01/24/08 09:11 PM

A bowl of Fiber One Cereal, a slice of Rye Toast and a cup of coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 01/24/08 11:31 PM

You will be seeing that Fiber One cereal soon. \:p

Re: Breakfast - 01/25/08 01:15 AM

Is that Mig or Pizzaboy posting??

Re: Breakfast - 01/25/08 02:38 AM

And you'll be seeing........

KFC
WENDY's
The Buffet
Outback Cheese Fries
Subway
Spaghetti-O's

...in more ways than one if you keep eating that stuff!

\:p

;\)

Re: Breakfast - 01/25/08 01:30 PM

I haven't had Spaghettio's in a LONG TIME!!!!

Re: Breakfast - 01/25/08 01:49 PM

I haven't had Spaghettio's in a LONG TIME!!!!

That's only because you've been eating fast food quite a bit lately. \:p ;\) ;\)

Re: Breakfast - 01/25/08 06:08 PM

Re: Breakfast - 01/26/08 09:30 AM

Corned Beef hash,scrabbled eggs and toast

coffee and fresh orange juice(no pulp)

Re: Breakfast - 01/26/08 09:23 PM

Corned Beef hash

My favorite breakfast side dish.

Re: Breakfast - 01/26/08 11:20 PM

Corned Beef hash

I love it,even though someone here once commented "it looks like dog food"

Re: Breakfast - 01/26/08 11:33 PM

Corned Beef hash

I love it,even though someone here once commented "it looks like dog food"

I had corned beef hash as a side with an order of three big and fluffy pancakes last Saturday, and I think I'll do it again tomorrow.

Re: Breakfast - 01/27/08 12:01 AM

If it feels good do it ;\)

Re: Breakfast - 01/27/08 01:50 AM

Mr. Babe loves corned beef hash, too, and always orders it if he sees it on the menu. Maybe it's a guy thing????

Re: Breakfast - 01/27/08 01:52 AM

Mr. Babe loves corned beef hash, too, and always orders it if he sees it on the menu. Maybe it's a guy thing????

I always said I'm just a guy with pom poms. I love hash. Of course, growing up we were so poor it was something cheap that you could buy a couple cans and feed your family. I don't think I ever had it with breakfast. I might have. I used to like to make it into a sandwich.

Re: Breakfast - 01/27/08 01:54 AM

Maybe it's because I just don't like corned beef.

Re: Breakfast - 01/27/08 01:57 AM

That could be it. I love corned beef reubens and corned beef clubs. I went to get one for lunch yesterday and the friggin restaurant was out. I settled for a meatball sub. I went to a baby shower today and pigged out there. I guess the diet gets moved up one more week now.

Re: Breakfast - 01/27/08 01:58 AM

I guess the diet gets moved up one more week now.

Screw it. Enjoy life, and the meals that come with it.

Re: Breakfast - 01/27/08 02:02 AM

I remember him ordering that when we went out to breakfast before we left Jersey this past BB weekend.

I don't recall if I ever had it.

Re: Breakfast - 01/27/08 03:12 AM

I remember him ordering that when we went out to breakfast before we left Jersey this past BB weekend.

I don't recall if I ever had it.

Wait a minute here. Let me understand this. You can recall someone that you've met three times in your life ordering corned beef hash for breakfast, but yet you can't recall if you've ever eaten it yourself?

You kill me Mig. You really are a pisser!

Re: Breakfast - 01/27/08 03:14 AM

[quote=Don Cardi

You kill me Mig. You really are a pisser! [/quote]

No bathroom humor in the food section. Save that for General discussion.

Re: Breakfast - 01/27/08 03:28 AM

Wait a minute here. Let me understand this. You can recall someone that you've met three times in your life ordering corned beef hash for breakfast, but yet you can't recall if you've ever eaten it yourself?

You kill me Mig. You really are a pisser!

I guess all those spaghettio's I've eaten has ruined my memory

Re: Breakfast - 01/28/08 02:22 PM

Crunchy nut cornflakes,a banana and later on for elevenses a nice bacon sandwich!

Re: Breakfast - 01/28/08 05:22 PM

I had Ricecles for the first time since i was about 8

Re: Breakfast - 01/29/08 07:30 PM

I had Ricecles for the first time since i was about 8

Do they still make them?
I used to love 'em
I will have to buy some for the kids and then eat them all myself \:D

Re: Breakfast - 01/29/08 10:05 PM

Netto mate ;\)

Just dont ever tell anyone i shop there \:o

Re: Breakfast - 01/30/08 01:11 AM

What are Ricecles? I'm guessing cereal?.

Re: Breakfast - 01/30/08 09:41 AM

http://www.kelloggs.co.uk/products/other/cereal/ricicles.aspx#

Re: Breakfast - 01/30/08 02:32 PM

Thank you, chopper. I've never seen them before.

Re: Breakfast - 01/30/08 02:40 PM

No problem,ill try and air mail you some over one day
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: Breakfast - 01/30/08 03:08 PM

I think we might have had something similar in Toronto a long time ago, but we got Rice Krispies and that's it.

Re: Breakfast - 01/30/08 04:16 PM

Yeah we have rice krispies as well,quite different though to ricicles

Re: Breakfast - 01/30/08 07:43 PM

Ricicles seem like Rice Krispies with sugar coating? Or is it a puffed rice cereal?

Re: Breakfast - 01/31/08 09:24 AM

I suppose Rice Krispies with a sugar coating,they do have there own disticnt taste though

Re: Breakfast - 01/31/08 05:08 PM

They taste Ricicley

Re: Breakfast - 01/31/08 05:18 PM

Re: Breakfast - 01/31/08 05:21 PM

;\)
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Breakfast - 02/03/08 04:51 PM

lol lol lol

ds

Re: Breakfast - 02/11/08 04:37 PM

Yesterday my son and I went to an earlier mass, so we headed to a breakfast buffet . We were both ravenously hungry, and tore into the omelette station, and had homefries, french toast, pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon. I tried the chipped beef on biscuits as I hadn't had it in years, but it wasn't too good.

Overall, it was pretty good, not outstanding. But the sausage was as good as I've ever had.

Re: Breakfast - 02/11/08 04:44 PM

Good Monday morning starter... fried egg and serrano ham sandwich, coffee and orange juice...oranges squeezed yesterday from the tree in my back yard.

Re: Breakfast - 02/11/08 04:45 PM

oranges squeezed yesterday from the tree in my back yard.

Very nice, Mr. Roth.

Re: Breakfast - 02/11/08 05:04 PM

I made my family waffles and sausage yesterday. Our new waffle iron makes a sort of beeping/whistling noise when the waffle's ready. It makes my husband crazy because I will then yell, "Waffle's are up!"

I think my yelling annoys him WAY more than the noise that the waffle iron makes.

Either way, the waffles were outstanding.

Re: Breakfast - 02/11/08 05:53 PM

Good Monday morning starter... fried egg and serrano ham sandwich, coffee and orange juice...oranges squeezed yesterday from the tree in my back yard.

sounds great \:\)

Re: Breakfast - 02/11/08 07:01 PM

My dad lives in FL. and he had a orange tree in his back yard. He had to cut it down cuz it got some kind of a tree disease.

Re: Breakfast - 02/11/08 07:25 PM

Sounds nice, dt. I had to bring the cooler in from my backyard, or the beer in it would have frozen. \:D

Re: Breakfast - 02/12/08 07:37 PM

Sounds nice, dt. I had to bring the cooler in from my backyard, or the beer in it would have frozen. \:D

Save the important stuff Kly...... ;\)

Re: Breakfast - 02/13/08 07:20 PM

I was meeting my dad for a late breakfast at The Odyssey Diner, in Eastchester. Well, it turned into lunch because the weather made me over an hour late. I had Yankee Bean soup and a grilled chicken Caesar Salad with extra anchovies. It was great!

Re: Breakfast - 02/17/08 09:43 AM

Sausage,Egg,Mushroom in A bagutte with cheese melted all ovet it.

Re: Breakfast - 02/20/08 04:46 PM

Oatmeal with cinammon and brown sugar, fresh fruit, 2 poached eggs and whole grain toast.

Re: Breakfast - 02/21/08 09:46 AM

Just come back from McDonalds nice breakfast that should set me up for the day.

Re: Breakfast - 02/21/08 04:23 PM

Saltines with butter. Booooooring.

Re: Breakfast - 02/21/08 11:40 PM

Can't get much boring than a blueberry muffin.

Re: Breakfast - 02/22/08 04:17 AM

Can't get much boring than a blueberry muffin.

Sounds great...with a big, cold glass of milk.

Re: Breakfast - 02/22/08 12:29 PM

Toasted teacakes and jam i had this morning!

Re: Breakfast - 02/22/08 12:30 PM

Funnily enough with a nice,big cold glass of milk

Re: Breakfast - 02/22/08 12:45 PM

A can of Carling lol

Re: Breakfast - 02/22/08 04:47 PM

Funnily enough with a nice,big cold glass of milk

Re: Breakfast - 02/22/08 05:42 PM

Toasted Italian Semolina bread and a cup of coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 02/22/08 05:43 PM

Oatmeal with apple chunks and cinnamon, coffee and toast.

Re: Breakfast - 02/22/08 05:52 PM

Poached egg on wheat toast.

Re: Breakfast - 02/22/08 08:57 PM

Skipped it today.

Re: Breakfast - 02/23/08 03:26 PM

Couple of pignoli cookies, fruit and coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 02/23/08 03:40 PM

Leftover pizza.

Re: Breakfast - 02/23/08 08:29 PM

I LOVE leftover pizza for breakfast. I wish I had some right now.

Re: Breakfast - 02/24/08 04:13 PM

Bran flakes with a banana chopped up on top!

Re: Breakfast - 02/24/08 08:05 PM

I had a full english

Beautiful

Re: Breakfast - 02/24/08 08:11 PM

I had an egg poached in chicken broth.

I dunno if it's breakfast, but it was good.

Re: Breakfast - 02/24/08 08:12 PM

Well it's definetly different

How did it taste?

Re: Breakfast - 02/24/08 08:16 PM

It was good. A liitle black pepper and grated cheese and it opened up my sinuses.

But they're clogged again. \:\/

Re: Breakfast - 02/24/08 08:36 PM

I might have to try it one day

sounds nice

Re: Breakfast - 02/29/08 10:52 AM

Crunchy nut cornflakes.
4 slices of toast with strawberry jam!
Posted By: JRCX

Re: Breakfast - 03/04/08 05:04 AM

There was an interesting show on FoodTV tonight, "The Secret Life of Breakfast", it seems that most of the world see it as a snack than a meal. Italians just have "cafe e biscoti" (coffee and some sort of hard cookie/bread/biscuit), the French, coffee and croissant, danish have toast, jam, and a hot drink, but we seem to have toast, potatoes, bacon, meats, etc. I wonder if it was 1950s/60s marketing, or what thats all about... I personally never eat in the morning, probably because i get up at 9-10am, but by noon I am hungry and its usually toast, coffee, juice. That being said, I LOVE breakfast, I just never have it at breakfast, if I am lucky and on vacation I will have it closer to lunchtime. When I have "breakfast" its usually on a sunday and if i hit a diner I get it all, hashbrowns, eggs, meat, pancakes, etc. Otherwise, I eat breakfast once every 2-3 months. I guess I am just not a morning person and prefer to have my heaviest meal at sundown!

Re: Breakfast - 03/05/08 05:53 PM

Fiber One Raisin Bran Clusters

Re: Breakfast - 03/05/08 08:46 PM

Fiber One Raisin Bran Clusters

They serve that on the plane? \:p

Re: Breakfast - 03/05/08 08:48 PM

I got back last night!!!!!!!!

Delta actually has some very decent airplane food now. It's ridiculously expensive, but a far cry from SunChips.

Re: Breakfast - 03/06/08 04:01 AM

I don't know what food program I was watching but often they drank beer for breakfast because it wasnt as strong as wine but safter than drinking the water... maybe a beer or wine for lunch but never for breakfast for me!

Re: Breakfast - 03/06/08 03:02 PM

Good old bacon and eggs today.

Re: Breakfast - 03/06/08 05:40 PM

one pack of Banana Bread flavored oatmeal.

Re: Breakfast - 03/12/08 07:54 PM

For all you breakfast lovers, make sure to CHECK THIS OUT .

Re: Breakfast - 03/13/08 04:56 AM

I saw some taylor ham on sale today in the supermarket... Every once in awhile I crave the salty goodness, but I passed on it, because i just want it like once a year, not enough to eat every few days for 2 weeks... I bought enough potatoes and onions today (actually free with coupons) to make enough hashbrowns that I wouldn't normaly eat in a year!! Time to get out the cast iron skillets!

Re: Breakfast - 03/13/08 02:49 PM

That's amazing, JR. I had a ham steak and fried eggs this morning, which is a breakfast I have maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

Weird.

Re: Breakfast - 03/14/08 03:39 AM

Well, being nocturnal, I don't normally wake until 9-10am, and I am never hungry when I wake, so by the time I do get hungry, like noon, most places are done serving breakfast. I know diner's do, but my heaviest meal tends to be dinner, not lunch. When i am on vacation, I never sleep in because its vacation, I like to enjoy it! So thats the best, when you wake up and then go out for breakfast, the problem is, then I have to skip lunch... I just can't eat that often though I would love to!

I got a slab of corned beef brisket for St. Pats day, and you know the leftovers are going to be for corned beef hash -- breakfast is inevitable next week!

Re: Breakfast - 03/14/08 03:00 PM

Oatmeal and fruit this morning.

Re: Breakfast - 03/14/08 06:08 PM

I had oatmeal and 2 pieces of toast.

Re: Breakfast - 03/14/08 07:43 PM

Went out for brunch with a friend of mine before. I had a three egg white mushroom omelet with tomato, 2 whole wheat pancakes, and a couple of slices of fruit.

Re: Breakfast - 03/14/08 08:01 PM

Nice DC.

Very healthy.

Re: Breakfast - 03/14/08 08:06 PM

Nice DC.

Very healthy.

Well, I knew that I would be going out tonight to have spanish food, so I figured at least a healthy breakfast was in order. ;\)

Re: Breakfast - 03/14/08 08:16 PM

I switched to whole grain pancake mix a while back and I can't tell the difference. Because of my history with colitis every little bit of fiber helps.

Re: Breakfast - 03/14/08 09:16 PM

My brother and s-i-l bought us a pancake warmer and giant pitcher for mixing the batter from Pottery Barn. I know that I made fun of it at the time, and probably bitched about it because it was huge. I don't use the pitcher (although Mr. Babe loves it), but for anyone who likes pancakes and waffles, that warmer is fantastic. I made crepes last weekend, and kept them warm in there. It has become indispensable.

Re: Breakfast - 03/15/08 09:40 AM

Sausage Mushroom and Egg a fried egg sandwich with Cheese melted over it washed down with a glass of Sunny Delight

Re: Breakfast - 03/15/08 01:58 PM

Coffee and a handful of pignoli cookies.

Re: Breakfast - 03/15/08 02:35 PM

What are pignoli cookies?

Re: Breakfast - 03/15/08 04:35 PM

I had 2 poached eggs on wheat toast.

Re: Breakfast - 03/15/08 05:05 PM

I had a bowl of Shreddies and a banana!

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 04:23 PM

I had 2 slices of French toast with 2 pieces of bacon.

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 04:25 PM

I had a big old Sunday breakfast. Eggs, pancakes, sausage, grits and hash browns.

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 04:33 PM

That is a great breakfast except for the grits. What kind of syrup do you use PB?

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 04:48 PM

Miggie doesn't like grits?

I use Mom And Pop's Vermont Maple Syrup.

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 05:23 PM

Grits are disgusting like pickles.

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 05:24 PM

Grits are disgusting like pickles.

Ouch, Miggie.

Fish and grits for Miggie?

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 05:37 PM

I thought we were friends. But you keep wanting me to be sick \:x \:\(

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 08:26 PM

I love grits with butter, salt and a dash of cream.

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 09:23 PM

Butter, SUGAR, and a dash of cream for me.

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 09:38 PM

Delicious Sicilian cookies! \:D

They're cookies made from an Almond paste, covered with Pignolis -- which is Italian for Pine Nuts.

They're really fantastic.

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 09:51 PM

One of my Aunts(RIP) use to put a fried egg on top of her grits.

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 09:53 PM

Butter=clogged arteries
Sugar=diabeties
Cream=gain 150lbs

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 10:01 PM

Butter=clogged arteries
Sugar=diabeties
Cream=gain 150lbs

Yeah, but I eat them MAYBE once a year at the most! Usually if I am down south in South Carolina or Florida.

Unlike eating fried grass weeds smothered in bacon grease with a side of Spaghetti-o's once a week! \:p ;\)

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 10:18 PM

Tangle Guts only come out once a year mid Springtime and I haven't found any here yet.

Besides you told me that if I ate Spaghettio's anymore you won't let me come to the next BB weekend. \:p ;\) So I haven't.

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 10:21 PM

Tangle Guts only come out once a year

What a shame.

(for those wanting to know what tangle guts are, click HERE .)

Re: Breakfast - 03/16/08 10:24 PM

Depressing.

Re: Breakfast - 03/17/08 03:06 PM

Oatmeal and fruit again today.

Re: Breakfast - 03/17/08 05:07 PM

?

Re: Breakfast - 03/17/08 08:04 PM

A small bowl of cheerio's.

Re: Breakfast - 03/18/08 11:33 PM

?

Anybody please!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Breakfast - 03/19/08 02:33 AM

They're cookies made from an Almond paste, covered with Pignolis -- which is Italian for Pine Nuts.

chopper,

Don Cardi posted this a few days ago. You must have missed it.

Re: Breakfast - 03/19/08 07:49 AM

chopper,

Don Cardi posted this a few days ago. You must have missed it.

sorry

i must start taking more notice, my apologies Don Cardi \:\)

But thanks for posting again \:\)

Re: Breakfast - 03/22/08 01:56 PM

I went to my old neighborhood this morning to pick up some stuff for tomorrow. I got there at 6:30am, because I knew it would be a zoo.

Anyhoooo, for breakfast I had focaccia (no cheese), coffee and a couple of biscotti.

14 more hours and I can have cheese! \:\)

Re: Breakfast - 04/12/08 02:08 PM

Canteloupe and a couple of chunks of Jarlsberg cheese.

Re: Breakfast - 04/12/08 02:43 PM

I love Canteloupe. But I had 2 bagel's this morning with a cup of coffee. I've never heard of Jarlsberg cheese. Is it good?

Re: Breakfast - 04/12/08 02:50 PM

I've never heard of Jarlsberg cheese. Is it good?

It's delicious, Miggie. It's a soft Swiss cheese that you can buy in chunks, as opposed to the sliced Swiss at the deli counter. It's reasonably priced, too.

Re: Breakfast - 04/12/08 03:01 PM

I really need to get out to your fine city and experience life and other kinds of food.

Re: Breakfast - 04/12/08 03:26 PM

Bacon sandwiches!

Re: Breakfast - 04/13/08 02:51 PM

2 poached eggs.

Re: Breakfast - 04/14/08 01:30 PM

Crunchy nut cornflakes and a banana.

Re: Breakfast - 04/14/08 07:50 PM

I've recently been eating one of the Post's Selects cereals, called Blueberry Morning. It's my current favorite.

Re: Breakfast - 04/14/08 09:08 PM

. . . Blueberry Morning. It's my current favorite.

Mine's Dingleberry Evening.

Re: Breakfast - 04/14/08 09:18 PM

I had a Bacon egg and cheese cob this morning

Great way to start the day.

Re: Breakfast - 04/15/08 02:37 PM

Whole grain blueberry pancakes, Canadian bacon, tomato juice and coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 04/19/08 07:17 AM

McDonalds this morning

Porridge to start with folowed by pancakes

And Orange Juice

Re: Breakfast - 04/19/08 01:59 PM

Porridge to start with folowed by pancakes

Okay, Goldilocks.

Re: Breakfast - 04/19/08 02:05 PM

;\)

Which of the three bears are you PB? \:\)

Re: Breakfast - 04/19/08 02:09 PM

;\)

Which of the three bears are you PB? \:\)

Papa Bear, but you can call me BIG DADDY.

Bee-yatch.

Re: Breakfast - 04/19/08 02:32 PM

Cornflakes and 2 plums!

Re: Breakfast - 05/11/08 12:28 PM

Riclecles and two slice of toast washed down with some nice ice cold milk
Posted By: whisper

Re: Breakfast - 05/11/08 12:53 PM

A Cigarette, A Glass of water.

Re: Breakfast - 05/11/08 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: whisper the don from down under

Ah, the breakfast of champions!! lol

Re: Breakfast - 05/11/08 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: whisper the don from down under

Well it's different anyway lol

Re: Breakfast - 05/18/08 08:05 AM

Honey Nut Loops

Re: Breakfast - 05/18/08 01:49 PM

2 pieces of wheat toast and a glass of orange juice.

Re: Breakfast - 05/18/08 06:06 PM

I made sausages and waffles this morning for my family. I got a new waffle iron that whistles when the waffle is ready, which prompts me to yell, "Waffles are up!", and that annoys the hell out of my family. I think that's one of the reasons that I do it.

Re: Breakfast - 05/19/08 01:44 PM

A small bowl of Raisin Bran.

Re: Breakfast - 05/19/08 04:59 PM

Shreddies and a banana!

Re: Breakfast - 05/20/08 11:10 PM

A plain muffin/OJ

Re: Breakfast - 05/21/08 02:52 PM

Shreddies and a banana!

Same again!

Re: Breakfast - 05/21/08 02:57 PM

2 Fiber One chocolate oatmeal bars and a glass of milk.

Re: Breakfast - 05/21/08 07:00 PM

A plain muffin/OJ

Same

Re: Breakfast - 05/22/08 03:04 PM

Raisin Bran

Re: Breakfast - 05/22/08 03:11 PM

Oatmeal and honeydew melon chunks.

Re: Breakfast - 05/23/08 01:48 PM

A couple pieces of wheat toast.

Re: Breakfast - 05/23/08 02:43 PM

Poached eggs with whole grain toast.

Re: Breakfast - 05/23/08 03:00 PM

Ok, that's an appetizer. Where's the rest of the meal? smile

Re: Breakfast - 05/23/08 03:01 PM

Ok, that's an appetizer. Where's the rest of the meal? smile

I had some fresh fruit, also. I'm getting the old bowels lubed up for a day of drinking on Monday. lol

Re: Breakfast - 05/24/08 11:22 PM

I hardly slept last night so at about 6:50am I got up and made a steak. Now I'm feeling sleepy. Red meat for breakfast = YUM YUM!!

Re: Breakfast - 05/26/08 03:39 PM

Toast and fruit juice!

Re: Breakfast - 06/01/08 02:14 PM

A bagel and a 1/2 glass of milk.

Re: Breakfast - 06/02/08 06:07 PM

Muesli and toast.

Re: Breakfast - 06/06/08 04:49 PM

2 poached eggs.

Re: Breakfast - 06/07/08 06:39 PM

Bran flakes and a banana!

Re: Breakfast - 06/18/08 02:57 PM

Whole grain toast with orange jelly, fresh fruit and coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 06/19/08 02:45 PM

Muesli and a banana!

Re: Breakfast - 06/21/08 02:48 PM

More muesli!
I am starting to feel like a hamster lol

Re: Breakfast - 06/28/08 10:23 AM

Toast and juice!

Re: Breakfast - 07/11/08 02:50 PM

Cheese and fruit.

Re: Breakfast - 07/12/08 02:36 PM

4 weetabix,OJ and a banana!
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Breakfast - 07/13/08 06:55 AM

Anyone else think bacon tastes good with sips of coffee in between bites?

Re: Breakfast - 07/13/08 02:54 PM

Of course.

Re: Breakfast - 07/14/08 01:42 AM

Somebody should invent bacon flavored coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 07/14/08 01:43 AM

Why not coffee flavored bacon?

Re: Breakfast - 07/14/08 01:48 AM

If the coffee flavored bacon was caffeinated I would eat lots of it!
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Breakfast - 07/14/08 08:33 AM

Clicking on the link takes me no where. Get your shit together already, cuz there are PLENTY of other (working!) destinations out there!

Re: Breakfast - 07/14/08 09:00 AM

Huh??? confused

Re: Breakfast - 07/14/08 09:17 AM

Muesli and toast today.

Re: Breakfast - 07/14/08 02:02 PM

Blueberry pancakes.

Re: Breakfast - 07/14/08 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Clicking on the link takes me no where. Get your shit together already, cuz there are PLENTY of other (working!) destinations out there!

I think Geoff had LSD for breakfast.

Re: Breakfast - 07/14/08 02:45 PM

And he didn't even share. Meanie!!

Re: Breakfast - 07/15/08 03:50 AM

Since you said that right after my post I have to ask what you meant? I feel like I'm in trouble for suggesting caffeinated coffee-flavored bacon.

Re: Breakfast - 07/16/08 02:47 PM

Muesli and an apple.

Re: Breakfast - 07/16/08 02:54 PM

Muesli and an apple.

Boy Yogi, you eat an awful lot of Muesli. You must be as regular as a clock.

Re: Breakfast - 07/16/08 02:56 PM

Muesli is on special offer at the shops.

Buy 1 get 1 free!

Yes i am fairly regular just now grin

Re: Breakfast - 07/16/08 02:57 PM

Yes i am fairly regular just now grin

You're my kinda guy, Mister Yogi. lol

Re: Breakfast - 07/16/08 03:02 PM

Just a pair of regular guys eh PB? lol

Re: Breakfast - 07/16/08 03:03 PM

Yeah. I just pinched a might loaf, myself. lol

Re: Breakfast - 07/16/08 03:05 PM

Yeah. I just pinched a might loaf, myself. lol

grin grin

All this talk is making me need to go again!

Re: Breakfast - 07/17/08 07:38 AM

Muesli again whistle

With a banana.

Re: Breakfast - 07/17/08 05:53 PM

Muesli again whistle

With a banana.

Well, at least the banana should plug you up a bit. grin

Re: Breakfast - 07/17/08 06:52 PM

This is the BREAKFAST thread, not the BATHROOM thread, PB!!

Re: Breakfast - 07/17/08 08:07 PM

Muesli again whistle

With a banana.

Well, at least the banana should plug you up a bit. grin

I ate the banana PB.

I didn't use it as a butt plug eek

smile

Re: Breakfast - 07/17/08 08:24 PM

In the immortal words of Eddie Murphy, "I ain't fallin for no banana in my tail pipe!!"

Re: Breakfast - 07/17/08 08:27 PM

lol lol lol

Re: Breakfast - 07/18/08 09:06 AM

Crunchy nut cornflakes and blueberies today smile
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: Breakfast - 07/18/08 12:30 PM

eek no meusli?

Re: Breakfast - 07/18/08 12:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Santino_Brasi
eek no meusli?

No shit!

Re: Breakfast - 07/18/08 12:34 PM

I can't believe Yogi didn't have Meusli

Re: Breakfast - 07/18/08 02:00 PM

Cheese and fruit this morning.

Re: Breakfast - 07/18/08 06:06 PM

I've been pretty much eating oatmeal and yogurt since Tuesday because I have an ear infection that doesn't allow me to chew. My right ear is blocked and the ear and jaw are painful. I'm hoping to have something more solid tomorrow.

Re: Breakfast - 07/20/08 03:46 AM

I've been pretty much eating oatmeal and yogurt since Tuesday because I have an ear infection that doesn't allow me to chew. My right ear is blocked and the ear and jaw are painful. I'm hoping to have something more solid tomorrow.

I'm having the same problem Klyd. I have an infection in my left ear that causes soooo much pain when I chew. I actually lost 5 lbs this week.

Re: Breakfast - 07/20/08 11:45 AM

I can't believe Yogi didn't have Meusli

Was sick of being predictable SB!

This morning i had...er....muesli grin

Re: Breakfast - 07/20/08 04:13 PM

I had a Snickers bar for breakfast

Re: Breakfast - 07/21/08 02:55 PM

2 Kashi-Go-Lean breakfast bars, an orange and a cup of coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 07/21/08 08:18 PM

Toast and coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 07/22/08 04:43 PM

I made pancakes.

Re: Breakfast - 07/22/08 04:44 PM

I had fried eggs and a bowl of cheddar cheese grits this morning at the Pelham Bay Diner!

Grits in the Bronx. WTF?? lol

Re: Breakfast - 07/22/08 04:51 PM

Btw, I bought pre-made grits at Trader Joe's. They come pre-packaged, and you just heat them up. They were not bad at all, considering. A little butter, a little salt, a little cream, and that's my trick!

Re: Breakfast - 07/22/08 06:37 PM

I've never had grits. It doesn't seem very exciting but it's still something I've always wanted to try just because it seems like I should.

Re: Breakfast - 07/22/08 06:39 PM

Blib, I love grits, but I am the only one in my family that does. I think it's one of those "love it or hate it" things.

Re: Breakfast - 07/22/08 06:57 PM

Isn't it similar to oatmeal or cream of wheat? But with corn? Or am I thinking of something else?

Re: Breakfast - 07/22/08 07:00 PM

I had to wikipedia it, you are right blibble. This looks like something that I'll like.

Re: Breakfast - 07/22/08 07:01 PM

It's cornmeal, Blib. Like a breakfast version of polenta.

Re: Breakfast - 07/22/08 07:03 PM

I think i would like grits!

Re: Breakfast - 07/22/08 07:04 PM

BTW i had bran flakes this morning.

Muesli is so old hat these days smile

Re: Breakfast - 07/22/08 07:05 PM

They'd like you too, Yogi.

Everyone does!

Re: Breakfast - 07/22/08 07:06 PM

They'd like you too, Yogi.

Everyone does!

Aw you say the sweetest things PB grin

Re: Breakfast - 07/27/08 12:52 PM

Crunchy nut cornflakes and a banana!

Re: Breakfast - 07/27/08 06:10 PM

I had my Dad this weekend, so we braved the line at IHOP this morning after Church. I had the porterhouse and eggs, two pancakes, bacon, sausages, hash browns, toast, juice and coffee.

I'm ruined for the day. lol

Re: Breakfast - 07/27/08 06:23 PM

I had my Dad this weekend

Breakfast thread is not intended for cannibalism discussion.

Re: Breakfast - 07/27/08 06:24 PM

Cannibalists eat breakfast too...

Re: Breakfast - 07/27/08 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Cannibalists eat breakfast too...

Do you think there are certain parts that are considered "breakfast food" vs. what one might have for dinner? confused

Re: Breakfast - 07/27/08 07:26 PM

I would imagine fried eyes and fingers would be equivalent to eggs and sausage.

Re: Breakfast - 07/27/08 07:29 PM

Do they cook them in parts, or just whole and then slice it up, like a turkey at Thanksgiving?? Just wondering.

Any cannibals out there that could enlighten us?

Re: Breakfast - 07/27/08 07:35 PM

And what do they do with the naughty bits?

Re: Breakfast - 07/27/08 07:57 PM

Isn't it true that cannibals believe that eating certain parts will then make their own corresponding parts stronger? For example, eating brains will make you smarter.

Re: Breakfast - 07/28/08 02:39 PM

Isn't it true that cannibals believe that eating certain parts will then make their own corresponding parts stronger? For example, eating brains will make you smarter.

Hasn't worked for me......
lol lol

Re: Breakfast - 07/31/08 04:48 PM

Oatmeal and cantelope this morning.

Re: Breakfast - 07/31/08 05:50 PM

Oatmeal and cantelope this morning.

Cantaloupe or Antelope? tongue

Re: Breakfast - 08/01/08 01:59 PM

Bran flakes first thing followed by 2 croissants with jam later.

Re: Breakfast - 08/01/08 06:49 PM

Yogi did your lifetime supply of Museli run out?

Re: Breakfast - 08/02/08 01:56 PM

Yogi did your lifetime supply of Museli run out?

lol

Unfortuneately yes SB....

Re: Breakfast - 08/02/08 02:05 PM

OH NO! HURRY WIN ANTHER GAME SHOW OR SOMETHING!!!!

Yogi needs his Museli

Re: Breakfast - 08/04/08 09:34 AM

OH NO! HURRY WIN ANTHER GAME SHOW OR SOMETHING!!!!

Yogi needs his Museli

Indeed he does wink

Re: Breakfast - 08/04/08 09:35 AM

Coffee and croissants this morning.

Served up in bed by the kids no less cool

Re: Breakfast - 08/04/08 09:35 AM

I gave you a box as a B Day Present

Re: Breakfast - 08/04/08 10:12 AM

I gave you a box as a B Day Present

I know you did smile

You are a good friend.

Re: Breakfast - 08/04/08 10:14 AM

Thanks Mate

Re: Breakfast - 08/06/08 02:19 PM

Weetabix this morning!

Re: Breakfast - 08/08/08 02:09 PM

Muesli grin

Re: Breakfast - 08/08/08 08:36 PM

Muesli grin

You must be able to set your watch by Yogi's bowel movements. lol
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Breakfast - 08/09/08 11:14 AM

Haven't eaten yet but it will be a Redbull, a cup of black coffee and a cigarette. That my friends, is the breakfast of champions.

Re: Breakfast - 08/09/08 02:04 PM

Muesli grin

You must be able to set your watch by Yogi's bowel movements. lol

I can and often do grin

Re: Breakfast - 08/09/08 03:16 PM

3 mini almond biscotti, 5 pignoli cookies and a double espresso this morning. I'm still flying from all the sugar and caffeine.

Re: Breakfast - 08/09/08 04:02 PM

You and Don Jasani should just take a run up to Cooperstown today. And I do mean RUN. lol

Re: Breakfast - 08/11/08 02:33 PM

A mango and tropical fruits smoothie,along with toast and a banana!

Re: Breakfast - 08/12/08 01:08 AM

Yesterday:

4 Eggs with cheese, 3 strips of bacon, 1 biscuit, half a peach....is that all? Seemed like more.

Re: Breakfast - 08/12/08 02:02 PM

Three mini pieces of Babybel cheese and a small bowl of watermelon chunks.

Re: Breakfast - 08/12/08 06:19 PM

Muesli first thing, followed by a cookie for elevenses!

Re: Breakfast - 08/14/08 07:02 PM

4 weetabix at 8am followed by 3 crumpets with jam at 11am.

Re: Breakfast - 08/15/08 08:29 AM

Full English consisting of 2 Fried Eggs 3 Sausages 3 Bacon, baked Beans, Mushrooms, Fried Bread, Black Pudding, Tomatoes and a Mug of tea

Ace

Re: Breakfast - 08/16/08 01:58 PM

Went to my favorite diner this morning (Pelham Bay Diner) and had the heart lover's special whistle.

3 eggs over easy, served with a 6 ounce "skirt" steak, 3 strips of bacon, 3 breakfast sausages, home fried potatoes (nice and crispy), toast, tomato juice and coffee.

Phew.

Re: Breakfast - 08/16/08 03:59 PM

Had some leftovers.....portabella mushroms, some fresh spinach and some canadian bacon. Sliced' em all up scrambeled 5 eggs and made a great omelette for me and Mrs. DT.

Re: Breakfast - 08/16/08 06:17 PM

Weetabix first with the crumpets later.

Crumpets have replaced muesli at the store in the buy one get one free department smile

Re: Breakfast - 08/17/08 11:07 AM

Taco salad my wife made the night before. MMMMMMMMMMM

Re: Breakfast - 08/18/08 03:13 PM

Weetabix at home.

Toast later on at work.

Re: Breakfast - 08/23/08 01:58 PM

Oatmeal with cinammon and brown sugar, a banana, whole grain toast, tomato juice and coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 08/24/08 07:10 PM

Croissants and coffee!

Re: Breakfast - 08/25/08 02:39 PM

Rice Krispies and a banana!

And a nice glass of apple juice.

Re: Breakfast - 08/26/08 02:38 PM

Whole grain blueberry pancakes today.

Re: Breakfast - 08/26/08 02:45 PM

Yum yum PB!!

I may have pancakes myself tomorrow now smile

Re: Breakfast - 08/26/08 02:50 PM

Yum yum PB!!

I may have pancakes myself tomorrow now smile

I've been using the whole grain flour to make pancakes, Yogi. I still have the occasional colitis flareup, so I try to get as much fiber as I can (all potty jokes aside). I can't even taste the difference.

Re: Breakfast - 08/26/08 02:53 PM

Fibre and roughage!

You can't beat them.

Re: Breakfast - 08/26/08 05:56 PM

Two cups of coffee and a dunkin donuts glazed in the waiting room of a car dealerhi service dept, where I learned I need a $1200 brake job. And I didn't even get kissed.

Re: Breakfast - 08/27/08 10:24 AM

Two cups of coffee and a dunkin donuts glazed in the waiting room of a car dealerhi service dept, where I learned I need a $1200 brake job. And I didn't even get kissed.

I'm surprised you could stomach anything after getting a bill like that? ohwell

Re: Breakfast - 08/27/08 03:57 PM

I'm surprised you could stomach anything after getting a bill like that? ohwell

It was BEFORE they informed me of this, and it turned out to be $1400.

Re: Breakfast - 08/29/08 08:33 PM

A glass of apple juice,2 plums,a banana and an orange and lemon muffin with a nice cup of coffee!

Re: Breakfast - 08/31/08 03:42 PM

Frosties followed by two crumpets smile

Re: Breakfast - 09/02/08 02:16 PM

Muesli and 2 doughnuts!

Re: Breakfast - 09/03/08 07:25 PM

Rice Krispies!

Re: Breakfast - 09/15/08 02:23 PM

2 Weetabix and a banana!

Re: Breakfast - 09/15/08 02:42 PM

Kashi-Go-Lean cereal, with almonds and cranberries.

Re: Breakfast - 09/16/08 03:00 PM

A big bowl of Coco Pops.

I like the way the milk goes all choclately smile

Re: Breakfast - 09/17/08 02:05 AM

I had a big bowl of... Muesli grin grin grin grin

Re: Breakfast - 09/18/08 02:17 PM

Oatmeal with cinammon and brown sugar and some fruit.

Re: Breakfast - 09/18/08 04:24 PM

I had a big bowl of... Muesli grin grin grin grin

Awesome choice smile

Re: Breakfast - 09/19/08 01:53 PM

Kashi-Go-Lean cereal with almonds and cranberries.

Awesome, Yogi. And every bit as, er, liberating as Muesli.

I feel like a new man.

Re: Breakfast - 09/19/08 02:21 PM

I don't think we get Kashi-go-lean cereal over here PB.

It sounds like a right mouthful. Literally grin

I just had some fruit this morning, a banana and a plum, and a cereal bar that tasted like cardboard!!

Re: Breakfast - 09/19/08 02:24 PM

I just had some fruit this morning, a banana and a plum, and a cereal bar that tasted like cardboard!!

Well the cereal bar is probably loaded with fiber, but the banana will bind you right back up. You won't know if you're coming or going. Well, most Brits don't. tongue lol

Re: Breakfast - 09/19/08 02:31 PM

Thats why semen is white and urine is yellow isn't it?

So we know whether we are coming or going?

Re: Breakfast - 09/19/08 06:37 PM

lol

Re: Breakfast - 09/20/08 02:36 AM

More Muesli this morning, I must be on the Yogi diet wink

Re: Breakfast - 09/20/08 02:37 PM

Whole grain pancakes and fruit today. I'm trying to wash the Outback out of me. lol

Re: Breakfast - 09/20/08 03:09 PM

A scrambled egg sandwich.

Re: Breakfast - 09/21/08 04:43 PM

Cold Pizza!

Re: Breakfast - 09/21/08 04:59 PM

My kind of breakfast

Re: Breakfast - 09/22/08 04:59 PM

Cheese and cantelope today.

Re: Breakfast - 09/22/08 06:59 PM

Bacon sandwiches today!

Very nice.

Re: Breakfast - 10/04/08 05:26 PM

Pignoli cookies and cappuccino this morning.

Re: Breakfast - 10/04/08 05:28 PM

Egidio's??

My brother and I had a disagreement on which was better - Egidio's or DeLillo's. He prefers DeLillo's and I disagree.

Re: Breakfast - 10/05/08 02:29 AM

I've had the Pignoli cookies from both places and I must admit that they were fantastic. However, in my opinion, the best pignoli cookies out there are from a bakery called Royal Crown. They probably have the best overall italian cookies that I've ever had.

Re: Breakfast - 10/05/08 05:06 PM

Egidio's??

My brother and I had a disagreement on which was better - Egidio's or DeLillo's. He prefers DeLillo's and I disagree.

Old argument in my family, too. I prefer Egidio's (which is where I was yesterday), my Dad prefers DeLillo's for their almond biscotti. So six on one hand . . .

Actually, imho, Artuso's made the best pignoli cookie in the neighborhood when I was growing up. Then they got too big, opening up in Westchester and such.

Re: Breakfast - 10/05/08 05:07 PM

I've had the Pignoli cookies from both places and I must admit that they were fantastic. However, in my opinion, the best pignoli cookies out there are from a bakery called Royal Crown. They probably have the best overall italian cookies that I've ever had.

14th Avenue, right?

GREAT bakery. grin

Re: Breakfast - 10/05/08 05:14 PM

I had

Re: Breakfast - 10/05/08 10:29 PM

PB, you're right. Artuso's was great, back in the day. Did you ever get cookies from Golden Glow?? Very nice.

Re: Breakfast - 10/06/08 12:39 AM

14th Avenue, right?

GREAT bakery. grin

Yes. They also have one on Staten Island. However I do believe that ALL the baking is done over in the 14th Avenue Bklyn store and then the bread and the cookies are shipped over to S.I. on a daily basis.

Their bread is to die for!

Re: Breakfast - 10/06/08 02:02 AM

Does that place Royal Crown sell Royal Crown cola? wink

Re: Breakfast - 10/06/08 02:15 PM

Muesli and a banana!

Back to famaliar territory wink

Re: Breakfast - 10/06/08 08:27 PM

I had a frozen Pizza because we were out of Waffles

Re: Breakfast - 10/08/08 01:19 PM

A nice omelette this morning, with feta, spinach and mushrooms. grin

Re: Breakfast - 10/08/08 02:13 PM

Muesli and some lovely blueberries!

Re: Breakfast - 10/09/08 01:31 PM

A big old bowl of oatmeal this morning with half a cantelope.

Re: Breakfast - 10/10/08 02:19 AM

cantelope-yummy

Re: Breakfast - 10/10/08 09:41 AM

A big old bowl of oatmeal this morning with half a cantelope.

At first glance i thought you had posted half an antelope.....

I thought to myself "PB must be hungry this morning" lol lol

I had Kellogs Crunchy Nut cornflakes this morning!

Re: Breakfast - 10/10/08 01:35 PM

Wheaties.

Re: Breakfast - 10/10/08 01:49 PM

Cottage cheese and fruit.

Re: Breakfast - 10/10/08 02:29 PM

A couple bagels.

Re: Breakfast - 10/11/08 11:53 AM

A banana first thing followed by croissants and coffee later!

Re: Breakfast - 10/11/08 02:25 PM

Biscotti and coffee (It's saturday, Babe lol).

Re: Breakfast - 10/11/08 04:33 PM

Damn you for your Arthur Avenue visits!! (shakes fist at computer in envy)

Mr. Babe made a lovely breakfast of ham and eggs, utilizing the leftover has steak from the other night.

Re: Breakfast - 10/17/08 02:32 PM

Oatmeal and fruit this morning.

Re: Breakfast - 10/17/08 04:03 PM

I skipped breakfast this morning.

Re: Breakfast - 10/18/08 02:22 PM

Two pieces of flat, herbed focaccia bread and an espresso.

Re: Breakfast - 10/21/08 12:47 PM

OJ,toast,cereal bar and 2 juicy plums!

Re: Breakfast - 10/21/08 02:36 PM

Ham steak and eggs.

Re: Breakfast - 10/22/08 01:33 PM

Life cereal. I've been alternating with Rasin Bran, Special K, Life and oatmeal.

Re: Breakfast - 10/23/08 08:38 AM

3 Weetabix and a banana.

Re: Breakfast - 10/26/08 03:50 PM

Hot cereal.

Re: Breakfast - 10/30/08 07:11 PM

A banana and 2 slices of toast at 8am.

Coffee and giant blueberry muffin at 10.30am when me and my good lady went for coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 11/01/08 02:02 PM

2 sfogliatelle and a cappuccino.

Re: Breakfast - 11/01/08 05:24 PM

That is my mom's favorite. If I go to Arthur Avenue without her, I had better bring some back from Egidio's or ELSE.

Re: Breakfast - 11/01/08 10:43 PM

That is my mom's favorite. If I go to Arthur Avenue without her, I had better bring some back from Egidio's or ELSE.

Your grounded missy!!

Re: Breakfast - 11/05/08 08:44 AM

4 weetabix and 2 plums.

Re: Breakfast - 11/05/08 10:11 AM

For second breakfast i have just had 2 crumpets and a cup of coffee!

Crumpets?

How British lol

Re: Breakfast - 11/05/08 02:28 PM

Crumpets?

How British lol

Yeah, but what's with the coffee? Shouldn't it be tea?

Re: Breakfast - 11/05/08 03:54 PM

Oatmeal and fruit today.

Re: Breakfast - 11/06/08 01:13 PM

Crumpets?

How British lol

Yeah, but what's with the coffee? Shouldn't it be tea?

You're quite right Klyd of course.

But to be honest i am not really a tea lover, i much prefer coffee!

On special occasions i don't even wear my bowler hat either whistle

lol

Re: Breakfast - 11/08/08 09:26 PM

Muesli at 5.30 this morning.

A bowl of rice krispies and 4 slices of toast at 10.30!

I am big on 2 breakfasts these days grin

Re: Breakfast - 11/11/08 08:34 AM

A big bowl of malted Shreddies and a banana.

Re: Breakfast - 11/12/08 03:29 PM

Kashi-Go-Lean cereal with cranberries and almonds.

Re: Breakfast - 11/12/08 08:25 PM

Cappucino, grape nnuts, banana and soy milk.

Re: Breakfast - 11/12/08 10:00 PM

Cappucino, grape nnuts, banana and soy milk.

Patchouli wearing, tree hugger. tongue

Re: Breakfast - 11/18/08 03:29 PM

Whole grain toast this morning, lighly buttered with orange marmalade, and a cup of coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 11/18/08 03:55 PM

This morning, two fried eggs, proscuitto, english muffins and tea

Re: Breakfast - 11/21/08 04:36 PM

Muesli.

Re: Breakfast - 11/22/08 04:14 PM

2 sfogliatelle with powdered sugar and a double espresso.

Re: Breakfast - 11/24/08 12:58 PM

Cold Pizza and a Fag

Re: Breakfast - 11/24/08 02:35 PM

Raisin Bran.

Re: Breakfast - 11/24/08 04:28 PM

Cold Pizza and a Fag

Still on the health drive i see? grin

I had muesli....again.

In these times of world wide recession i am keeping the muesli farmers in a job!
Posted By: MonteSuputo

Re: Breakfast - 11/26/08 12:53 AM

Three eggs over easy with turkey sausage and cheese on whole wheat bread. 32oz water.

Re: Breakfast - 11/26/08 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By: MonteSuputo
Three eggs over easy with turkey sausage and cheese on whole wheat bread. 32oz water.

Damn Hippies with your Turkey Sausage... IF IT IS MADE OUT OF TURKEY HOW CAN IT BE A SAUSAGE?!? HUH? HUH? SAUSAGE IS MADE OF PORK!!!!!!

[/rant]

Sorry about that

Re: Breakfast - 11/26/08 09:25 PM

Weetabix and a banana first thing.

4 slices of toast later on!

Re: Breakfast - 12/01/08 04:22 PM

Toast first thing.

A large fruit scone later on.

Re: Breakfast - 12/05/08 01:23 PM

Cornflakes.

3 slices of toast and jam later.

Re: Breakfast - 12/08/08 04:37 PM

I pigged out all weekend. Back on track this morning with steel cut oatmeal and half a cantaloupe.

Re: Breakfast - 12/08/08 06:16 PM

two scrambled eggs, latte and two clementines.

Re: Breakfast - 12/08/08 10:49 PM

I ate a toasted everything bagel with butter.

Re: Breakfast - 12/08/08 10:51 PM

Are you still in your pajamas, Babe?

Re: Breakfast - 12/08/08 10:51 PM

Yummy, Though I prefer Cream Cheese

Re: Breakfast - 12/09/08 03:15 PM

Puh-leeze!! I got dressed at 4:30 yesterday!! Today I'm in the office so I actually showered and dressed at 7:00 this morning! eek

Re: Breakfast - 12/09/08 04:11 PM

Steel cut oatmeal, honey and soy milk and a Coke zero.

Re: Breakfast - 12/09/08 04:34 PM

I love soda for breakfast, but only in summer. Then, where you are, DT, it's always summer!

Re: Breakfast - 12/09/08 05:30 PM

I am. Slept in today. This cold/flu is kicking my ass.
BTW I had a scrambled egg sandwich.

Re: Breakfast - 12/09/08 05:30 PM

I was way down on West 8th Street by 6 this morning, so I just grabbed a cup of coffee at Grand Central, but I was able to secure two steaming hot pretzels at about 9:30. So that was breakfast today: two hot pretzels with mustard.

I'm up in Bronxville now, meeting my Dad for lunch in a little while. smile

Re: Breakfast - 12/09/08 08:07 PM

I love soda for breakfast, but only in summer. Then, where you are, DT, it's always summer!

Hey it was 65 this morning. We're freezing!

Re: Breakfast - 12/09/08 08:23 PM

I loved going down to Florida in January. If it was 70 outside, you would see all the NYers running around in shorts and T shirts, and all the Floridians wearing pants and jackets.

Oh, and I had some whole grain Wheat Thins for breakfast.

Re: Breakfast - 12/10/08 01:53 PM

No Florida like temps here. Its fowkin freezin cry

Re: Breakfast - 12/10/08 03:28 PM

Egg McMuffin in the car.

Re: Breakfast - 12/10/08 03:54 PM

Toasted bran muffin, lightly buttered with orange marmalade.

Re: Breakfast - 12/10/08 10:04 PM

Shouldn't that be lightly marmaladed?

Re: Breakfast - 12/11/08 02:49 PM

2 pieces of wheat toast lightly buttered. Hot chocolate.

Re: Breakfast - 12/11/08 04:45 PM

Shouldn't that be lightly marmaladed?

Yes...unless he had both butter and marmalade.

Re: Breakfast - 12/11/08 06:00 PM

Figures you would be looking for a way to rewrite the language, counselor. tongue

Re: Breakfast - 12/11/08 06:12 PM

A Kashi cereal bar and a bag of peanuts on the run today.

Re: Breakfast - 12/11/08 07:17 PM

Latte, orange juice, and a bag of M&M's. Very healthy.

Re: Breakfast - 12/11/08 07:20 PM

Latte?

You're such a yuppie. tongue lol

Re: Breakfast - 12/11/08 09:07 PM

Latte?

I have a great Tassimo machine. Makes Latte, capucino, espresso, hot chocolate... you name it. ANd right now that machine is proably worth more than my house and my 401K.

Re: Breakfast - 12/12/08 04:41 PM

scrambled eggs, english muffins coke zero

Re: Breakfast - 12/12/08 04:47 PM

A MET-Rx protein bar and a Diet Coke at the gym this morning.

These "meal replacement" bars are getting a little bit better. They used to taste like feet.

Re: Breakfast - 12/12/08 05:46 PM

They used to taste like feet.

How would you know that? whistle

Re: Breakfast - 12/12/08 07:36 PM

They used to taste like feet.

How would you know that? whistle

You don't want to know. lol

Re: Breakfast - 12/13/08 02:16 AM

A MET-Rx protein bar and a Diet Coke at the gym this morning.

These "meal replacement" bars are getting a little bit better. They used to taste like feet.

My dad got some shakes and bars for my grandparents back in the late 1950s. After two weeks, my grandfather reported that he had gained several pounds.

In his heavily accented English, he asked my dad, "Mike, I do something-a wrong. I'm-a supposed to drink this before or after I eat?"

Re: Breakfast - 12/13/08 03:00 AM

Latte?

I have a great Tassimo machine. Makes Latte, capucino, espresso, hot chocolate... you name it. ANd right now that machine is proably worth more than my house and my 401K.

I own a Tassimo machine also. I love it. But you have to learn to limit yourself with the capucinos, espressos and lattes, otherwise you'll go broke and gain about 40 lbs at the same time! lol

It really is a great machine!

Re: Breakfast - 12/13/08 03:39 PM

George Clooney advertises Tassimo machines on UK TV.

Looks tempting. The machine that is,not Mr. Clooney.

Although my wife may beg to differ grin

Re: Breakfast - 12/13/08 04:12 PM

Crusty Italian bread smeared with full fat cream cheese this morning.

Dunked it in my coffee, too. Sorry Babe. lol

Re: Breakfast - 12/13/08 05:31 PM

I made Provolone, Swiss and Cheddar Omelets with chunked Ham and Toast for my whole family, It took me 2 hours cool

Re: Breakfast - 12/13/08 06:36 PM

Dunked it in my coffee, too. Sorry Babe. lol

UGH!! How could you?! panic

Poor Mr. Babe had a colonoscopy and endoscopy yesterday, so he hasn't eaten in several days. He figured he would be starving on the way home from the doctor, but he was too wacked out from the drugs and too sore to eat! lol

This morning I made him sausage, bacon, toasted English Muffins and eggs over easy.

Re: Breakfast - 12/13/08 06:51 PM

Vegemite on toast!

Re: Breakfast - 12/15/08 04:13 PM

Crunchy nut cornflakes,toast and OJ.

Re: Breakfast - 12/15/08 04:26 PM

Toasted bran muffin and a V8.

Re: Breakfast - 12/15/08 06:00 PM

French Toast

Re: Breakfast - 12/15/08 07:07 PM

Toasted bran muffin and a V8.

THUNK!! I could have had a V8!!

Re: Breakfast - 12/16/08 03:35 PM

Leftover spaghetti reheated in microwave.

Re: Breakfast - 12/16/08 04:18 PM

2 Egg McMuffins and coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 12/16/08 05:41 PM

Coffee and Rasin Bran.

Re: Breakfast - 12/17/08 12:57 AM

Beans on Toast very nice gave me a bit of wind which didnt go down well since i was at a christning todaY eek lol

Re: Breakfast - 12/17/08 01:19 AM

Beans on Toast very nice gave me a bit of wind which didnt go down well since i was at a christning todaY eek lol

Gas at a Christening is good luck.

Re: Breakfast - 12/19/08 06:30 PM

Gas at a Christening is good luck.

Hope Chopper wasn't Godfather.

Re: Breakfast - 12/21/08 09:15 AM

I forgot to post what I had for breakfast today

I had... Eggs Benedict with Hollendaise sauce

My first attempt at it and it came out perfectly grin grin grin

Re: Breakfast - 12/21/08 10:59 PM

I made for the Col. a ham and cheese omlet.

Re: Breakfast - 12/22/08 02:31 PM

Muesli and a banana,with a glass of apple juice.

Re: Breakfast - 12/22/08 05:34 PM

Muesli and a banana,with a glass of apple juice.

You wouldn't have needed the Banana or the Apple Juice if you had REAL Muesli wink

Re: Breakfast - 12/22/08 05:36 PM

Haha, Yogi you can't escape the careful vigil of deuce on the lookout for Muesli imitators.

Re: Breakfast - 12/24/08 10:02 AM

He is a fearsome muesli moderator grin

Re: Breakfast - 12/24/08 08:13 PM

Indeed

Re: Breakfast - 01/06/09 03:35 PM

Bran flakes and a banana in the house at 6am.

6 slices of toast at work about 10.30 ish!

Re: Breakfast - 01/17/09 03:01 PM

A humongous bowl of fresh fruit salad that was left over from last night!

Re: Breakfast - 01/17/09 07:03 PM

WHERE THE HELL IS THE REAL MUESLI??????

Re: Breakfast - 01/19/09 03:17 PM

In my belly grin

Re: Breakfast - 01/19/09 10:19 PM

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeally??? *puts on gloves* I'm Going in!

Re: Breakfast - 02/01/09 03:37 PM

Pancakes with crispy bacon,drizzled with maple syrup!

Re: Breakfast - 02/02/09 02:58 PM

Coco Shreddies with a bowl of blueberries on the side.

Big glass of OJ.

Re: Breakfast - 02/17/09 03:34 PM

Muesli!!

It is back on the menu grin

Re: Breakfast - 02/17/09 05:40 PM

Muesli (aka SB2's original Muesli) or Muesli? grin

Re: Breakfast - 02/18/09 01:30 AM

It better be the former or this is what I will do to you

or this

Re: Breakfast - 02/18/09 03:08 PM

Quaker steel cut oatmeal with skim milk, honeydew melon, and a whole grain english muffin with orange jelly.

Re: Breakfast - 02/18/09 03:54 PM

It was only cheap store bought muesli SB.

I have thrown it out,i promise not to eat it again....

Well till i get hungry anyways crazy

This morning i had...er...(muesli)....and a banana!

Re: Breakfast - 02/18/09 08:34 PM

Anyone who followed my Facebook profile yesterday saw my day-long obsession w/ the New Jersey superfood called Pork Roll (aka, Taylor Ham) which culminated in an 8:30 PM "Jersey Breakfast" (pork roll, egg, cheese on a hard roll).

First, I had to run to the store for all ingredients, most importantly:

Then I fried 2 slices (you gotta slice it so it doesn't curl up!)

Then fried 2 eggs in the glorious fat left in the pan (with optional hot sauce and ground pepper added):

Couple slices of American cheese, a poppy seed hard roll, some ketchup, and voila!
...An unfortunately blurry image of a fabulous sandwich! grin

I may just have to make another one to get a better photo whistle wink

Re: Breakfast - 02/18/09 08:40 PM

Can I have your Godfather collection after your heart attack?

Re: Breakfast - 02/18/09 08:45 PM

Can I have your Godfather collection after your heart attack?

Hey, I'm on Lipitor -- I can eat anything I want, right?? whistle

(Yes, of course you can...)

Re: Breakfast - 02/18/09 08:47 PM

(Yes, of course you can...)

I think it's time for me to call your dad.

Re: Breakfast - 02/18/09 09:00 PM

I think it's time for me to call your dad.

Do you think he eats any healthier than I do?

It's actually not as bad as I thought:

...but between that and the eggs, maybe just a rare treat wink

Re: Breakfast - 02/18/09 09:03 PM

Looks delicious Geoff!

Re: Breakfast - 02/18/09 09:34 PM

I haven't had Taylor Pork Roll in about 20 years. It looks like it packs a little less fat than a hot dog.

Re: Breakfast - 02/18/09 09:45 PM

Taylor's is definitely one of Mr. Babe's favorites. And thanks to Lipitor, we also have made it a rare treat.

As for the eggs, JG, I wouldn't worry so much about them. Eggs got a very bad reputation for a while, but they are actually just about perfect nutritionally.

Re: Breakfast - 02/18/09 11:35 PM

I looks good Geoff, though I can't imagine eating it ever smile

Re: Breakfast - 02/20/09 11:20 AM

Eggs still get a bad rep over here but we just buy them free range. More expensive but we likes our eggs smile

Re: Breakfast - 02/20/09 01:36 PM

I made this breakfast last weekend.

I lined a greased baking dish with shredded home fries (28 oz. bag defrosted). Next I topped it with a pound of cooked loose sausage, seasoned a bit with garlic, spread evenly over the potatoes.

In a bowl I mixed a dozen eggs with milk, a cup of sour cream and about 2 cups of cheddar cheese, and poured it into the dish. I then baked it for 40 minutes at 375.

It was very good and filling. We were eating it the next morning too.

Re: Breakfast - 02/20/09 02:49 PM

Ah, heart healthy eating. Way to go, Counselor!

Re: Breakfast - 02/20/09 04:05 PM

Klyd, promise that you'll invite me over for breakfast SOON. That sounds wonderful.

We were down in Florida and my husband had cooked a few steaks for dinner one night. We had a small piece left over, so our last breakfast there we had steak and eggs. Oh, that's so good!

Re: Breakfast - 02/21/09 03:30 PM

Nothing fancy like Klyd's for me.....

Boring old muesli again rolleyes

Re: Breakfast - 02/21/09 03:37 PM

uhwhat still no mention of the REAL muesli

Re: Breakfast - 02/21/09 04:40 PM

Ham steak with two eggs sunny side up, bacon and home fries.

Re: Breakfast - 02/24/09 03:09 PM

4 doughnuts. Not the healthiest start to the day but the kids had left them from last night and they were going stale.

Somebody had to eat them grin

Re: Breakfast - 02/25/09 06:23 PM

4 doughnuts. Not the healthiest start to the day but the kids had left them from last night and they were going stale.

I've been there myself, Yogi. grin

Re: Breakfast - 02/25/09 07:26 PM

A bagel and a cup of coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 02/26/09 03:10 PM

I've been there myself, Yogi. grin

Waste not,want not eh? smile

Today was crunchy nut cornflakes and a plum!

Re: Breakfast - 02/27/09 12:19 AM

eggs

Re: Breakfast - 02/27/09 12:22 AM

and

Re: Breakfast - 02/27/09 12:24 AM

bacon!

Re: Breakfast - 03/14/09 01:54 PM

Fruit first thing followed by a toast frenzy later on!

Re: Breakfast - 03/19/09 08:27 AM

Muesli smile

Re: Breakfast - 04/03/09 07:04 PM

Re: Breakfast - 05/05/09 03:02 PM

2 bowls of cornflakes,a banana and 4 slices of toast!

Re: Breakfast - 05/05/09 05:53 PM

3 tylenol, a glass of mountain dew, and a leftover cheeseburger.

Re: Breakfast - 05/21/09 02:06 PM

Went to the diner this morning and filled up. Blueberry pancakes, two fried eggs, sausages, crispy home fries and toast.

Re: Breakfast - 05/22/09 02:52 PM

Ah, the breakfast of champions!

Re: Breakfast - 05/22/09 03:37 PM

Ah, the breakfast of champions!

Champions of what? smile

Re: Breakfast - 05/23/09 02:54 PM

Sweets for breakfast today. 6 pignoli cookies and 2 chocolate biscotti with almonds.

Re: Breakfast - 05/23/09 04:11 PM

My husband picked up nice hot bagels, fresh from the bakery, plus a quarter pound of lox. It was delicious.

Re: Breakfast - 05/29/09 04:48 PM

Quaker oatmeal: Apples and cinnamon flavor.

Re: Breakfast - 05/29/09 05:27 PM

I had a peanutbutter granola bar.

Re: Breakfast - 06/06/09 12:46 PM

This morning the wife and I will be heading out to the Hilton Garden Inn to get a couple's massage followed by brunch.

Re: Breakfast - 06/06/09 04:43 PM

Aww isn't that sweet.

Re: Breakfast - 06/06/09 05:13 PM

Just got back. A very relaxing morning. The massage was fantastic. We thought that the brunch was on Saturdays, but turns out that it is on Sundays. But we had a nice lunch there anyway.

Re: Breakfast - 06/08/09 01:38 PM

Bran flakes and a peach.

Re: Breakfast - 06/09/09 04:20 PM

3 Fiber One Cereal Bars (oatmeal, strawberry and almond), and a pint of 2% milk.

Re: Breakfast - 06/11/09 05:29 PM

Bran flakes,a plum and a glass of OJ.

Re: Breakfast - 06/13/09 02:04 PM

My 97 year old aunt made me blueberry pancakes today from scratch. Isn't that amazing?

Oh, they were delicious.

Re: Breakfast - 06/13/09 03:37 PM

I also had homemade blueberry pancakes...made by my mother-in-law.

God bless your aunt.

Re: Breakfast - 06/17/09 01:27 PM

2 hard boiled eggs and a bowl of juicy watermelon chunks.

Re: Breakfast - 06/17/09 01:30 PM

A bowl of bran flakes earlier (muesli is so yesterdays news LOL)

2 toasted teacakes at 10am as back up smile

Re: Breakfast - 06/19/09 01:39 PM

2 yogurts, an apple, a banana, and a glass of orange juice.

Re: Breakfast - 06/19/09 05:21 PM

three soft boiled eggs, bacon, rye toast, green tea
Posted By: The_Don_Is_Dead

Re: Breakfast - 06/20/09 02:22 PM

On weekends i make myself Bacon and Eggs...
However on the days that i go to work, i have some cereal.

Re: Breakfast - 07/09/09 08:04 AM

Good old muesli grin

And 2 bananas.

Re: Breakfast - 08/22/09 04:06 PM

4 almond biscotti, 4 pignoli cookies (both with powdered sugar), and a double espresso this morning.
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: Breakfast - 08/23/09 04:23 PM

Bacon & Egg Bagel, Hashbrown, OJ at Mickey D's.

Excuse was that I had to wake up at ten to six this morning to drive my parents to Pearson Airport so they could go to England.

Re: Breakfast - 10/09/09 09:18 AM

3 Weetabix,a banana and a glass of OJ

Re: Breakfast - 10/09/09 02:39 PM

An apple turnover, a banana and coffee.

Re: Breakfast - 10/12/09 06:16 PM

Coffee and an apple... and I am STARVING!

Re: Breakfast - 10/13/09 01:53 PM

I went to the Columbus Day parade yesterday because my father's Sons of Italy lodge had a float this year. Anyway, we did a big Italian lunch/dinner thing afterwards and I took home a load of miniature Italian pastries. I just had like 10 of them for breakfast and I hate myself now lol.

Re: Breakfast - 10/13/09 02:22 PM

Your *very full* stomach will love you though!

Re: Breakfast - 10/13/09 03:52 PM

I went to the Columbus Day parade yesterday because my father's Sons of Italy lodge had a float this year. Anyway, we did a big Italian lunch/dinner thing afterwards and I took home a load of miniature Italian pastries. I just had like 10 of them for breakfast and I hate myself now lol.

That sounds outstanding. I usually make a pasta dinner for Columbus Day, but my wife made chili and I made pizza last night, and I had some chili for breakfast.

Re: Breakfast - 10/18/09 06:14 PM

I went to Barnes and Noble in Co-Op City this morning to pick up a couple of books and dvds. If you didn't know, they're now an Authorized Godiva Chocolate Dealer (whatever the Hell that means). Anyway, I picked up an 11 piece almond crunch box. $22 and I ate them all already. I really need help lol.

Re: Breakfast - 10/19/09 02:49 PM

The old faithful....

Muesli smile

Re: Breakfast - 10/20/09 03:59 PM

I went to Barnes and Noble in Co-Op City this morning to pick up a couple of books and dvds. If you didn't know, they're now an Authorized Godiva Chocolate Dealer (whatever the Hell that means). Anyway, I picked up an 11 piece almond crunch box. $22 and I ate them all already. I really need help lol.

lol

And I felt guilty getting the giant sized Snickers bar for a buck twenty-five.

Re: Breakfast - 10/20/09 04:12 PM

I made grits this morning. I love them and eat them almost every day when I'm in Florida (Denny's in Florida are the BEST. They suck up here.).

They're so easy to make, but for some reson, whenever I do it I feel like Joe Pesci, "Sure I heard a grits. I just never actually seen a grit before." lol

Re: Breakfast - 03/05/10 11:24 AM

Muesli first thing smile

Hot Cross Buns later!!
Posted By: SouthEastJ

Re: Breakfast - 12/04/10 01:07 PM

Sausages, Eggs, Bacon, Mushrooms, Baked Beans, Tomatoes, Hash Browns, Black and White pudding, Toast and a nice cup of tea.

Followed by a much deserved dose of post breakfast nicotine!

Re: Breakfast - 12/04/10 10:14 PM

black & white pudding?

Re: Breakfast - 12/05/10 01:27 PM

black & white pudding?

Local UK delicacies Mig. Black pudding generally made of pigs blood and white pudding with tripe!

Delicious......honest tongue
Posted By: Lilo

Re: Breakfast - 12/05/10 09:24 PM

black & white pudding?

Local UK delicacies Mig. Black pudding generally made of pigs blood and white pudding with tripe!

Delicious......honest tongue

Uh... I'll take your word for it... eek smile

Re: Breakfast - 12/07/10 02:25 PM

lol lol
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Breakfast - 12/10/10 12:54 PM

I was in England twice and their idea of breakfast did not sit well. Their version of bacon was not like the USA bacon and baked beans for breakfast was not very appetizing. One morning I tried the sausage and I burped it all day. The coffee sucked too. Maybe I just hit some bad places. I did like the bitter though!.....but that wasn't breakfast.

My favorite USA breakfast is a bacon, egg and cheese on a poppy seed bagel with a wee bit of ketchup. Slows down your heart a bit.

Re: Breakfast - 12/11/10 10:34 AM

Who says you can't have beer for breakfast?

Sets you up nicely for the day i find...... tongue

Re: Breakfast - 12/12/10 03:13 AM

Yogi, pour it over your Cheerio's. It's the breakfast of champions.

Re: Breakfast - 12/12/10 05:39 AM

I believe Lewis did that on Revenge of The Nerds.

Re: Breakfast - 12/12/10 07:36 AM

Saw bacon waffles on some cooking show and had to try it out a couple weeks ago. Fried some bacon (2-3 slices per waffle), used the bacon grease in the batter instead of oil, and also added some crumbled bacon into the batter (that packaged pre-crumbled real bacon stuff). Unbelievable.

American Bacon should be a separate food group. grin

Re: Breakfast - 12/12/10 11:32 AM

The complete food group eh? cool

Re: Breakfast - 12/12/10 08:35 PM

The complete food group eh? cool

AND you'll lower your cholesterol!!!!!

Re: Breakfast - 12/18/10 04:03 PM

Rice Krispies, a banana and a blueberry muffin!

Re: Breakfast - 12/18/10 04:05 PM

Rice Krispies, a banana and a blueberry muffin!

The muffin will make you go. The banana will stop you up.

To me, that's a waste. But you have to understand, Italian men are only truly content while we're sitting on the bowl.

Re: Breakfast - 12/18/10 04:18 PM

And you have to understand that Englishmen of Scottish heritage are just plain greedy and only content when we are either stuffing our faces or pouring beer down our throats tongue

Re: Breakfast - 12/18/10 04:20 PM

lol

Re: Breakfast - 01/13/11 09:47 PM

A big bowl of Sugar Puffs, a banana and a glass of OJ.

Re: Breakfast - 03/04/12 08:33 AM

I forgot about this thread! Just lately i have been having pancakes for breakfast a lot....but today i have just had a huge bowl of the old favourite...muesli cool

Re: Breakfast - 03/05/12 02:45 AM

I actually made pancakes this morning. I diced apples and tossed them into cinnamon and brown sugar, and added those to the pancake batter. Each pancake was like a little apple pie.

Re: Breakfast - 03/06/12 09:10 AM

Pancakes....ah, that brings back memories.

When I was young, my father would occasionally make pancakes using his special recipe - into the mix he would mash up a very ripe banana and we would have deliciously sweet banana pancakes for a weekend breakfast.

But he knew my particular quirk: instead of pancakes, for me it was pancake - singular. Yep, he would pour out one very large pancake on the griddle, and that was my breakfast. One very large pancake, nearly the size of a dinner plate!

My dad wasn't much of a talker (unless you asked him a direct question), and I always wondered why he seemed to really know his way around a kitchen. I found out after his death (from my aunt, his younger sister) that after he was drafted into the army (World War II), he went to cooking school. During his lifetime, he never breathed a word of it. Can't, for the life of me, figure out why...

Guess I inherited more than a few things from him! wink

Signor V.

Re: Breakfast - 03/06/12 01:45 PM

A banana and a chewy cereal bar this morning!

Re: Breakfast - 03/06/12 05:52 PM

Yep, he would pour out one very large pancake on the griddle, and that was my breakfast. One very large pancake, nearly the size of a dinner plate!

Your Dad was Uncle Buck, SV?

Re: Breakfast - 03/07/12 03:16 PM

Oatmeal today.

Re: Breakfast - 03/08/12 01:31 PM

Hit the muesli again this morning! Well i didn't actaully hit it......

Re: Breakfast - 03/10/12 01:00 AM

Yep, he would pour out one very large pancake on the griddle, and that was my breakfast. One very large pancake, nearly the size of a dinner plate!

Your Dad was Uncle Buck, SV?

To paraphrase Mark Twain, "The report of my appetite has been grossly exaggerated!" grin

Signor V.

Re: Breakfast - 03/10/12 02:49 PM

Poncy French food this morning.....

Croissants....

Wife's choice.....nice but not really filling. I had 6 and they didn't even touch the sides of my belly frown

Re: Breakfast - 02/19/13 11:48 PM

A Mocha and a ciggie.. smile

Re: Breakfast - 02/20/13 03:51 PM

A bowl of bran flakes and a banana.

Re: Breakfast - 02/20/13 09:15 PM

Exactly the same thing for me....but without the bowl of bran flakes. blush

Re: Breakfast - 02/22/13 03:29 PM

Exactly the same thing for me....but without the bowl of bran flakes. blush

I do like a banana in the morning!
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Breakfast - 04/14/13 09:45 PM

Normally, 4 cups of coffee and bagel W/ craem cheese, but today- SOS creamed ground beef on toast (Army version) grits bacon & sunny side up eggs. Also love poached eggs on seeded jewish rye toast. Now must suffer to bring triglycerides down so back to coffee & fruit

Re: Breakfast - 09/03/13 10:55 PM

OK as an update to my above post of 4-14-13, I have since had open heart surgery and won't be eating any of that stuff anymore. Now having egg white omlettes fruit, rice krispies, and 3-4 coffees plus low sodium V-8 juice with hot sauce. Have already lost a lot of weight

Re: Breakfast - 09/03/13 11:19 PM

Glad they diagnosed you and were able to operate. Good luck to you!

Re: Breakfast - 09/04/13 01:12 PM

Now many of you will know that I work shifts, and a lot of nights. Now when I work nights when I come home in the morning, before I hit the boudoir I still have my breakfast. My wife thinks I am weird, but she thinks that about a lot of stuff I do tongue

Am I weird?? Its just like supper, except in the morning and I like to keep my routines in place as much as possible.

So on that note, when I came home from work this morning I had 3 Weetabix and then went to bed!!

Re: Breakfast - 09/04/13 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: bigboy
OK as an update to my above post of 4-14-13, I have since had open heart surgery and won't be eating any of that stuff anymore. Now having egg white omlettes fruit, rice krispies, and 3-4 coffees plus low sodium V-8 juice with hot sauce. Have already lost a lot of weight

You're on the right track. Good luck and continued success on your recovery.

Re: Breakfast - 09/04/13 03:26 PM

Now many of you will know that I work shifts, and a lot of nights. Now when I work nights when I come home in the morning, before I hit the boudoir I still have my breakfast. My wife thinks I am weird, but she thinks that about a lot of stuff I do tongue

Am I weird?? Its just like supper, except in the morning and I like to keep my routines in place as much as possible.

So on that note, when I came home from work this morning I had 3 Weetabix and then went to bed!!

There is a manufacturing plant in a nearby town that has a third shift get off at 7 am. The bar across the street opens then and has a happy hour, complete with dinner and breakfast specials. They do most of their business between 7-10 am.

Re: Breakfast - 09/04/13 04:07 PM

Nothing like a few scotches on the rocks at 7 a.m.

Re: Breakfast - 09/05/13 12:13 AM

Glad they diagnosed you and were able to operate. Good luck to you!
Thank you. Have dropped a ton of weight and now down to 210.

Re: Breakfast - 09/05/13 01:30 PM

Keep it up big boy! I was in a similar predicament a few years ago.. fat, out of shape, etc. I have been following a reasonably good diet (I cheat sometimes) only drink wine and an occasional beer, exercise every day. Went from 235 to 170 and have maintained. Now it i unnatural to not exercise or eat the wrong stuff.

Re: Breakfast - 09/06/13 09:07 AM

There is a manufacturing plant in a nearby town that has a third shift get off at 7 am. The bar across the street opens then and has a happy hour, complete with dinner and breakfast specials. They do most of their business between 7-10 am.

Some of the older boys I worked with when I first started working there many moons ago used to go drinking when they finished their shifts in the mornings.

Needless to say most of them have passed away now uhwhat

I am fond of a drink but even that is too much for me tongue

Re: Breakfast - 09/07/13 02:22 PM

did an all you can eat buffet this morning. Really pigged out!

Re: Breakfast - 09/07/13 02:42 PM

I stopped at a diner for pancakes very early this morning on the way to my office.

Re: Breakfast - 09/08/13 02:31 PM

Coco Pops and a banana!!

Re: Breakfast - 09/24/13 05:08 PM

Organic non GMO oat flakes, wild blueberries soy milk and honey, washed down with a cup of Joe.

Sunday brunch I found a place that has home made corn beef hash topped by duck eggs! Delicious, and the best part is you get UNLIMITED mimosas or Bellinis for $7.00!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET