Home

Winery and Tour

Posted By: MaryCas

Winery and Tour - 09/03/07 11:56 PM

http://www.renaultwinery.com/default.asp

Today my wife and I went on a winery tour at The Renault Winery. Founded in 1864, in Egg Harbor City, NJ. It was fun, informative and the wine is pretty good. They have lots of activities there; hotel, golf, brunches, gourmet food tasting, catering/banquets. The link is above, (hope I posted it right) They don't produce a lot of wine. They sell to a few local restaurants and retail out of their gift shop. It was a pleasant way to spend Labor Day afternoon.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Winery and Tour - 09/04/07 12:02 AM

I gotta try that one of these days, it's not like I'm all that far way, maybe 40 minutes...

PS - Where's my Fios?? \:p ;\)
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Winery and Tour - 09/04/07 12:13 AM

Gee that looks like a very nice winery MC. \:\) I assume you know your wines. Me, I am just a taster. Glad it was fun.

I'm not a huge wine drinker but the only winery I visited was FFC's in Northern CA. It was actually quite fun. They put us in an enclosed room and gave us sample after sample of wine to taste. I can't remember how many different wines, but I did have a pleasant little buzz going when we left.

Of course there is the shop and wine to purchase, along with GF souvineers, etc. It was fun. It would make a nice "meet" someday for the BBers.

TIS

Looking at their prices, they are very reasonable. Did you buy yourself a case? Always good to have on hand for company.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Winery and Tour - 09/04/07 01:29 AM

I believe my mother has visited this place several times with her senior club.

I may have actually suggested it for one of our get-togethers. My mother said that the food is quite good, and she always enjoys it.

Re: Winery and Tour - 09/04/07 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

PS - Where's my Fios?? \:p ;\)

If you don't know where your Fios is then you're in trouble!....oh, that Fios..we're working the West Osbornville wire center..covers Brick. I'd have to know your wire center to find out where you are on the schedule. At least Verizon is in the area. Where I live...we're not even on the schedule.

Re: Winery and Tour - 09/04/07 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Gee that looks like a very nice winery MC. \:\) I assume you know your wines. ......, but I did have a pleasant little buzz going when we left.

Looking at their prices, they are very reasonable. Did you buy yourself a case? Always good to have on hand for company.

I know a few wines..., well, I have my cheap favorites. Dry reds. Italian - Montpulciano area/grape is nice. Australia - Shiraz. Coppola makes a good California wine. Can be a little more expensive than most California wines. Some of my fav names; Fat Bastard, Fat Ass Cab, Joe Blows Red Wine.

We managed a little buzz too, but we only bought two bottles. Pinot Grigio for the Mrs. and Rouge for me.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Winery and Tour - 09/04/07 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

I may have actually suggested it for one of our get-togethers.

You did, the time we were contemplating Atlantic City.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET