Home

World Cuisine Forum?

Posted By: J Geoff

World Cuisine Forum? - 08/29/07 05:45 PM

JRCX has suggested a new forum to discuss world cuisine -- which could include things like recipes, ethnic foods, restaurant reviews, cooking tips, etc etc. This could also include wine reviews, etc.

I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea as such topics are quite popular online.

Would you be interested in such a forum being created?
Posted By: Beth E

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/29/07 05:47 PM

Go for it!!!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/29/07 06:10 PM

Sure Geoff, that will be interesting reading.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/29/07 06:32 PM

Geoff,
I know that SV had suggested something along those lines some time ago, and TIS and I have always kidded around about sharing meatball recipes. I think that it would be a very interesting idea.

Given that we have such a diverse and global membership, it would be fascinating to read about different foods and restaurants from all around the world.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/29/07 06:33 PM

How can we be true Godfather fans if we are not passionate about food? There are more eating and drinking scenes in the trilogy than anything else.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/29/07 06:35 PM

I don't think we need a seperate forum for that but do what you wish and what the majority of members want.

BTW, if you're interested in a seperate forum, how about one for movies/actors/actresses/etc ;\)
Posted By: SC

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/29/07 08:33 PM

A good idea! (for a separate forum).
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/29/07 09:04 PM

A forum of its own? Absolutely!

And I will tell you my reasons:

It would great if we had one forum where anything and everything related to our food interests could be up for discussion.

For example, when I had mentioned in the past about a favorite-recipes thread, I had no knowledge of an earlier similar thread that had been "lemminged" off the active topics. (I believe this thread was active before I joined the BB.) If we had one central location for these types of discussions, that prior thread would have been more easily accessible.

We are a multi-national, multi-cultural discussion group, and I think this is a great idea.

The BB Kitchen (or whatever you choose to call it) has a nice aroma to it!

Signor V.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/29/07 09:48 PM

Aside from books and movies, there isn't anything I'm more passionate about than food. I think it's a great idea.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/30/07 12:51 AM

I don't object to there being a cuisine forum. I'm sure I'd check it out. I don't know that I'd go every day, but I wouldn't mind getting some recipes from time to time. Like SB mentioned we have talked about sharing receipes before. And, not only for the ladies, I understand the DV know his way around a kitchen as well. I'm guessing he has a few good receipes too, or any other man that cooks.

Also, if you do decide to do this, it'd be a great spot for just asking cooking questions. (i.e. how long do you cook ? for, seasoning substitutes if you're out of something and general questions). My daughters seem to be always calling asking quick questions.

I admit, as of late, I have slacked on my cooking. \:p I'm beginning to miss some of my few good recipes and plan to start up again as the weather cools.

TIS
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/30/07 01:22 AM

So far, those that have voted seem strongly in favor of this new forum.

Bene. I can sense the Corleone Kitchen taking shape!

One useful thread would be links. I've got several I'd be happy to post.

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
...it'd be a great spot for just asking cooking questions. (i.e. how long do you cook ? for, seasoning substitutes if you're out of something and general questions).

Agreed. I think sharing this kind of information (and again, some useful links as well) would be great. (Personally, some of my culinary failures have been both frightening and humbling! Ya can't get everything right the first time - or the fourth or fifth!)

Iron Chef V.

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/30/07 03:40 AM

Iron Chef V,

If this forum comes to light I am looking foward to reading your recipies.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/30/07 04:13 AM

I would love to finally have a forum where I can post my recipe for toast! Dry white toast.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/30/07 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
I would love to finally have a forum where I can post my recipe for toast! Dry white toast.

Why not spice up that toast a littl bit and top it with cinnamon.

TIS

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/30/07 05:24 AM

French toast
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/30/07 07:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Dry white toast.
What about Jake's four fried chickens and a coke?

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/30/07 07:32 AM

I'll have to go thru it again I guess, but I went thru the last 30 pages -- the past year -- and didn't find anything else right off the bat.

I hope this was worth it! lol (it will be, eventually ;))

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/30/07 07:59 AM

I'll have to go thru all 6 years of threads soon, but, if you find something before then, then please let me know... ;\)
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 08/30/07 08:01 AM

The Food Association Game.;)

Just Kidding, ill post my great recipe for bake beans on toast soon.
Posted By: JRCX

Re: World Cuisine Forum? - 09/03/07 04:50 AM

'Bout Friggin Time... doiyyyy!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET