How often do you go to Fazoli's?
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 07:32 AM

And what exactly is Fazoli's?

Signor V.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 12:15 PM

Here SV.

We went there pretty often when we lived in VA. But, we don't have any around here.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 12:20 PM

First time I ever heard of the place. None around here either.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 12:21 PM

Hi Angela Marie. I knew that name sounded familiar. There is not one in my city, but there is one not too far from me. Is the food good? I'll try to check it out one day. \:\)

TIS

Do any of you guys have The Macaroni Grill or a Claim Jumper in your city?

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 12:26 PM

I liked the food there. But then again I like Outback and Olive Garden.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 12:29 PM

There is a Macaroni Grill not to far from me over in New Jersey, but I've never eaten there.

I think that in the New York City vicinity there are more authentic Italian restaurants than in most other parts of the country. So a lot of these Italian chain restaurants do not even bother opening up within the city limits and the outer boroughs.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 12:31 PM

Never. There isn't one in my area. We had a Buca di Beppo for awhile, which I loved (and preferred to the Olive Garden), but never a Fazolis.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 12:34 PM

My Daugher has eaten at Buca di Beppo. There isn't one in my area, but either L.A. or Orange County may have one. She loved it. \:\)

TIS

PS, I forget that when talking "Italian" restaurants that nothing beats NYC. Bear with those of us who are used to 2nd best. \:\/
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 12:34 PM

On the link if you click on locations it gives you a map of states they are located.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

PS, I forget that when talking "Italian" restaurants that nothing beats NYC. Bear with those of us who are used to 2nd best. \:\/

Actually TIS, I would say that Las Vegas is right up there these days with New York restaurant wise.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 12:42 PM

I even still, often times, think about Carmines when I first visited NYC. Course after course....delicious!!! Absolutely wonderful!! \:\)

TIS
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 01:48 PM

No Fazolis in the UK....but if there was i would go!
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 02:59 PM

Rarely. I haven't ate there since I was in high school. I usually go to CiCi's Pizza \:D
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 03:22 PM

I hate Fazoli's

It's a crappy "Italian" chain that none of you are missing out on if you don't have one. It's not even like an Olive Garden, It's sort of an Italian McDonalds, but it doesn't taste good.

I'd rather go to a local restaurant, or at least Buca Di Beppo.
Posted By: SC

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 03:30 PM

Ya gotta be kiddin', right??

Its as genuine an Eye-talian place as Olive Garden.... it has egg noodles and ketchup and they call it "spaghetti".

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Ya gotta be kiddin', right??

Its as genuine an Eye-talian place as Olive Garden.... it has egg noodles and ketchup and they call it "spaghetti".

Maybe that's where Henry Hill ate when he entered the witness protection program.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
Maybe that's where Henry Hill ate when he entered the witness protection program.

Plus you get people coming in and asking, "How's the food in this Eye-talian restaurant?" I always tell them to try the veal.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 03:46 PM

I always tell them to try the veal.

It's the worse in the city.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 03:56 PM

I always tell them to try the veal.

It's the worse in the city.

But it has a piece of parmiagiana cheese and ketchup on it - its Eye-talian!!
Posted By: svsg

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 04:45 PM

Only Italian restaurants I have eaten at are Olive Gardens and a local one called Brother's. I have no idea if they are anywhere close to authentic.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 06:20 PM

Like TIS said some of us have to settlefor second best or 3rd best.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 06:39 PM

Anybody in the south heard of or eat at CiCi's Pizza? It's Mexican made pizza (don't kid yourselves that it's Italian food). But the price is hard to beat and to get an all you can eat buffet and drink for under $7, I'm there
Posted By: olivant

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Anybody in the south heard of or eat at CiCi's Pizza? It's Mexican made pizza (don't kid yourselves that it's Italian food). But the price is hard to beat and to get an all you can eat buffet and drink for under $7, I'm there

We have Cici's here. No, it doesn't just serve mexican pizza nor does it appear to be mexican made (whatever that means). It serves all kinds of pizza. It's typical fast food pizza.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 08:24 PM

CiCi's is good, especially for the price. Lot of weird varieties. I've been to one in AL, and I am sure there's one not too far away but I haven't been here.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/29/07 10:52 PM

I regularly go to Cici's. $5 = eat whatever, including dessert \:\)

BTW, I was disappointed to know that it is pronounced "SeeSee" rather than "CheeChee", the way the GF character's name is pronounced \:\)
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 12:57 AM

God, they can't even pronounce the Italian correctly??? Ci in Italian is DEFINITELY pronounced "chee".

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 01:00 AM

I like Cici's.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 02:24 AM

In my opinion, the best Italian Restaurant that I've ever eaten at in New York City is IL GIGLIO'S on Warren Street.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
God, they can't even pronounce the Italian correctly??? Ci in Italian is DEFINITELY pronounced "chee".

Good point. I always correct people when they pronounce it the other way. But in its commeercials, they pronounce it "see".

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: svsg
I regularly go to Cici's. $5 = eat whatever, including dessert \:\)

Me too. I used to eat their pretty regularly when I worked at Blockbuster. Almost most of the managers were cool enough to do hookups (pizza for movies). But also, the price just can't be beat for a quick, all you can eat meal.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 04:42 AM

Ah, CiCi's is awesome. I heard you can actually request them to make any kind of pizza you want, and they'll do it and put it in the bar.. I haven't tried it yet though. Has anyone else?

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 05:48 AM

Yeah, what they'll do is bring it to your table first to get as much as you'd like, then put it on the buffet. They have them in Virginia bogey?
Posted By: bogey

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 05:53 AM

West Virginia \:p And yes. There's one right here in Morgantown.

And I know they have them in Pennsylvania as well.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 06:54 AM

one funny thing is, if you order "to go", it costs $8.5 for a medium pizza, but you can eat unlimited and also great variety for $5. I have eaten their made to order ones. The best according me are their garlic bread and cheese sauce \:\)
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 07:02 AM

I think the Italians need a bigger invasion of Mid-America before we all get a bad name...! \:\/

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: bogey
West Virginia \:p And yes. There's one right here in Morgantown.

And I know they have them in Pennsylvania as well.

I'm sorry, WV. I'm surprised it reaches that far up north. For the northern fans here, who's a fan of Friendly's?

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 03:42 PM

My brother's first job was at a Friendly's where I was raised in Ohio. It's been years since I was at a friendly's.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 03:43 PM

That's one of the only things I wish we had in Texas. Their ice cream is probably the best I've ever had

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 04:03 PM

These......

..........are fake pizzas. They are an Infamia!

Now these......

....are real italian pizzas. Authentic Pizzas! ;\)

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 04:19 PM

I'll take the second from the bottom.

Then I'll have to walk 5 miles to walk it off. \:\/

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 04:31 PM

I'll take the second from the bottom.

Then I'll have to walk 5 miles to walk it off. \:\/

There are other ways to work it off you know. ;\)

Beth, the third one from the bottom is how they make most Pizza's in Italy. Pizza Margarita. Delicious!

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Beth, the third one from the bottom is how they make most Pizza's in Italy. Pizza Margarita. Delicious!

You're telling me this because the next time you to go to Italy I'm tagging along, right? \:D

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

You're telling me this because the next time you to go to Italy I'm tagging along, right? \:D

And why not? \:\)

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 05:01 PM

I love Margherita pizza. Tomato and Mozzarella. Mmm.

Re: Fazoli's? - 08/30/07 05:47 PM

I just gained 10 Lbs. looking at those pizza's.

DC you have my address right?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET