Home

Alcohol

Posted By: Irishman12

Alcohol - 05/28/07 08:00 PM

I don't want to cross any lines with anyone but I'm wondering how many people here drink and of those members, what's your brand of poison?

The first question is just if you drink or not. The second is if you do, what do you drink more of: beer or liquor?
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 08:17 PM

What do you mean by drink?? At all?? Ever?? Socially? Weekends only? One glass of wine with dinner each night??
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 08:19 PM

I drink Pigs Blood
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 08:23 PM

Too bad wine isn't an option, SB... I think this survey is biased!! \:p ;\)

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 08:27 PM

I like red wine too,a nice sweet one..

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 08:29 PM

Crap I knew I forgot one! Ok, if you drink wine, just post a reponse with wine

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
What do you mean by drink?? At all?? Ever?? Socially? Weekends only? One glass of wine with dinner each night??

At all, socially, weekends, etc. Basically, do you drink or are you anti-alcohol?
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Too bad wine isn't an option, SB... I think this survey is biased!! \:p ;\)

or cranberry vodka.......

Is drinking "beer" considered drinking? really? lol

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 08:32 PM

I would consider myself more of a beer drinker. I don't like wine and I'll have a mixed drink when I'm in the mood. But something I can always go for is a brew
Posted By: olivant

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 09:55 PM

I just drank some water. Does that count?
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

After about 12 of them, yeah it's considered drinking. You can barely spell the word drink.
Posted By: SC

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 10:01 PM

I tried alcohol once.... I had a cut and I cleaned it out with alcohol.... I didn't like it.
Posted By: Ice

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Irishman12
I would consider myself more of a beer drinker. I don't like wine and I'll have a mixed drink when I'm in the mood. But something I can always go for is a brew

hell yes
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 10:27 PM

Why is your print so small Ice? Are you whispering? haha.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 11:34 PM

Two nights ago I had seven 500ml cans of Strongbow (5.3% cider), two pints of Carling (4% lager), a Sambuca and two vodka and lemonades.

The week before I had seven Strongbow cans, three pints of Scrumpy Jack (6% cider) and five vodka and lemonades.

I love alcohol.

Re: Alcohol - 05/28/07 11:45 PM

Is there actually something called Scrumpy Jack?? I think I would order it just to say its name over and over!!
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 12:11 AM

I'm a very casual drinker. Part because I'm underage, part because I'm still mystified by its legality in relevancy to other substances that, to me, seem less damaging, yet remain frowned upon... So I just fail to see the point most of the time when I don't really understand the way this country chooses to handle its regulation of drugs and alcohol.

So, basically, I'll just drink if its New Years Eve, or if I'm feeling really super shitty, and need an unhealthy way to divert my own depression. Like I said, I'm underage, and I don't go out of my way to drink, so it's basically whatever's around. Which more or less just happens to be liquor that no one touches in my house. I usually just make myself a Jack and Coke.

But like I said. I don't really drink much.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 01:25 AM

I'm a social drinker, and primarily drink beer or lager. My favorite beer is Moosehead and some of the Pennsylvania microbrews, but the brand honestly doesn't matter much. I enjoy a cold bottle of Guinness in Fall and Winter.

I don't drink whiskey too often, and now that it's Summer, I'll have an occasional gin and tonic. I also enjoy a variety of wines from time to time.

I never drink alone, other than having a cold beer after perhaps mowing the lawn on a hot day. If you ever feel as though you need to have a drink, consider it a warning sign.

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 01:28 AM

Vodka Tonic
Vodka straight
Scotch (and a spritz of water)
Purple MotherF'ers
Martinis
Whiskey straight up

And then my favorite drink ever: FREE drinks lol
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Beth E

After about 12 of them, yeah it's considered drinking. You can barely spell the word drink.

After it snows, I can spell anything. \:D

Signor V.

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 01:33 AM

Quote:
If you ever feel as though you need to have a drink, consider it a warning sign.
I do, everytime.

I've had several warning signs in the past hour.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 01:38 AM

Generally speaking, I'm a beer drinker. Especially if I'm watching a game. And nothing beats having a nice cold beer after work. Or when its hot out. Or cold. Or anytime, really.

But if it's available, I'll drink copious amounts of rum.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 01:40 AM

I drink wine once in awhile, but I can't stand beer. What in the world is the attraction of that disgusting tasting stuff? Someone explain it.
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 01:49 AM

i don't drink alcohol, i don't smoke cigarettes, i don't take any illegal substances & i avoid perscription drugs unless it is dire & inevitable (i detest anti-depressants with a passion).

but i am a coffee-addict.

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 02:01 AM

I love bogey!
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Anthony Lombardi
(i detest anti-depressants with a passion).

You must be an extraordinarily happy person.

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 02:10 AM

I think anti-depressants are pretty fucked up too, but I guess if someone is extremely suicidal, they might be a wise choice.

But I don't like that they make you something you aren't, 24 hours a day. I actually think depression is the most important of all emotions, I just wish people would come to realize this before they go off and make rash decisions.

I actually have two close friends on anti-depressants.

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I love bogey!

Lets get shitfaced.

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 02:16 AM

You know what I learned recently? If you're drunk and baked beyond oblivion simultaneously, you're krunk. And here I thought it was just a really bad sub-genre of hip-hop. Go figure.

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
(i detest anti-depressants with a passion).

You must be an extraordinarily happy person.

no - i was perscribed ant-depressants (every kind, every label, every brand imaginable) when i was younger for my anxiety & OCD, & they made me feel like a zombie. they work for some people, they don't work for others. LLC pretty much hit the nail on the head - they make you into something you're not (for me if not for everyone).

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 04:38 AM

no - i was perscribed ant-depressants (every kind, every label, every brand imaginable) when i was younger for my anxiety & OCD, & they made me feel like a zombie. they work for some people, they don't work for others. LLC pretty much hit the nail on the head - they make you into something you're not (for me if not for everyone).

I agree they make you something you're not, but only if you're the wrong person to be taking them. Like you said they work for some people but not others. I don't take them, but I know several people who do, and only one has been completely helped by anti-depressants. The others are going through what you mentioned, trying every kind possible to find the right combination etc...

I am not completely against anti-depressants, but I am against the way most doctors prescribe them without hesitation when medication is not what most people need. Most people just need good therapy, not medication. I think a lot of people are against anti-depressants, but they basically self-medicate with alcohol, marijuana, or whatever their choice may be. Sorry, I didn't want to get off topic, but I want you to know that I somewhat agree with you and LLC, just not completely. I blame doctors for being irresponsible.
Posted By: Ice

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 05:05 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
I can't stand beer. What in the world is the attraction of that disgusting tasting stuff? Someone explain it.

'...I thought I'd stop and...HAVE myyself a brew.'

Johnny Cash-Boy named Sue LIVE San Quentin 1969
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M89c3hWx3RQ&mode=related&search=

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 05:11 AM

I agree they make you something you're not, but only if you're the wrong person to be taking them. Like you said they work for some people but not others. I don't take them, but I know several people who do, and only one has been completely helped by anti-depressants. The others are going through what you mentioned, trying every kind possible to find the right combination etc...

I am not completely against anti-depressants, but I am against the way most doctors prescribe them without hesitation when medication is not what most people need. Most people just need good therapy, not medication. I think a lot of people are against anti-depressants, but they basically self-medicate with alcohol, marijuana, or whatever their choice may be. Sorry, I didn't want to get off topic, but I want you to know that I somewhat agree with you and LLC, just not completely. I blame doctors for being irresponsible.

that's precisely what i was getting at, BB; i know several people (a very, very close friend of mine, actually) who're helped immensely by prescription anti-depressants, & i know people (such as myself) where medication just exacerbates the situation. it's just that incompetent doctors hand prescriptions like candy, as a quick, surefire way to get a patient out of way so they don't have to deal with them too much &, you know, do their job correctly. i'm very well-versed on this subject, not just through personal experience, but i also actually helped my ex-girlfriend write a term paper on this very topic (translation: i wrote the entire thing for her).

i didn't want to get too off topic either, but you can't really expect to bring up a subject like alcohol without at least partially getting into similar self-indulgences.

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 05:30 AM

i didn't want to get too off topic either, but you can't really expect to bring up a subject like alcohol without at least partially getting into similar self-indulgences.

Very true. I guess I misinterpreted your first statement of detesting anti-depressants as they are something that nobody should use because of side-effects. But I'm glad we're on the same page.

It makes me wonder what type of person has the drive to go through years of med school only to, as you said, hand out prescriptions like candy without being fully knowledgeable of the other possibilities, not to mention the reasons for someone's depression.

Anywho... cheers!

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 06:01 AM

For those of you who said you do drink, what is your favorite brand?

Beer

It used to be MGD until Miller released their Miller Chill and I now have a new champion!

Liquor

Really the only liquor I can stand on a consistent basis is Jack Daniels. Yesterday I got a bottle of single barrel Jack and it is EASILY my new favorite liquor drink.

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 06:03 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
I drink wine once in awhile, but I can't stand beer. What in the world is the attraction of that disgusting tasting stuff? Someone explain it.

I didn't like it either when I was younger and I would have a sip whenever my parents had some at party's (which was once in a blue moon). Later on probably around the age or 16 or 17, I tried to force myself to like Guiness (even now I have to be in a mood to drink it). But once some Miller High Life was left in our fridge and I had a couple and I think that was the beginning of it for me.

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 07:40 AM

...the only liquor I can stand on a consistent yesterday and it is...

WTF is that supposed to mean in English? Did you have "a consistent yesterday" with it today? \:p
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 11:38 AM

I'm much more of a liquor fan than a beer fan. If I do drink a beer:

But frankly, I'm more of an ale person when it comes to brews, so:

My real passion, however, is Tom Collins'. Love 'em. Especially with Tanqueray gin. Whoo.

As far as liquors otherwise, I like:

Posted By: XDCX

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 11:41 AM

I'm not a heavy drinker. I don't enjoy getting shitfaced and calling my friend Ralph on the porcelain phone. But every now and then...you just gotta do it.

For those occasions, these are my poisons:

BEER

Heineken or Killian's Irish Red

LIQUOR

Jack Daniels or Crown Royal

or my newest guilty pleasure:

As far as wine goes, I LOVE a good Merlot or Cabernet, but I usually drink a glass of wine as a means to relax and unwind.

***EDIT***

WOO HOO! Another Killian's fan!
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 01:30 PM

I drink beer mostly.
We drink wine of course,i like red,my wife likes white
And the only spirit i really touch is Jack Daniels,on special occasions!

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 01:48 PM

Beer-wise, I love me some Newcastle. And Heineken. And Killians.

Liquor-wise, doesn't matter. Like I said, I love rum.. but I'll drink whatevers handy.

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: bogey

Liquor-wise, doesn't matter. Like I said, I love rum.. but I'll drink whatevers handy.

Newcastle Brown Ale
The drink of Kings...and Queens!
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 02:41 PM

Vodka - Grey Goose
Beer - Blue Moon, St. Pauli Girl, whatever else is in someone's fridge
Wine - Just about anything wxcept rotgut jug wine.
Liquor - Never bourbon, Seagrams or Rye. Scotch maybe once every five years.

After dinner drinks... My theory is if you are having after dinner drinks like Liquers, Cognac etc, you have already had too much!

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Newcastle Brown Ale
Aye, a bottle o' Broon Dog sorts me, wor kid! ;\)
Posted By: goombah

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 05:52 PM

There's nothing like a refreshing beer, but I like wine and an occasional mixed drink. I like more of the sweeter wines than the dry. Of the types of alcohol, I guess I like Gin & Tonics, Seagram's 7 with Ginger Ale, or a good Margarita with tequilla.

My faves in each: any Great Lakes beer, but Christmas Ale and Sam Adams Winter Ale's are my all-time faves

wine: Riesling

alcohol: Kamikaze (I haven't had one in a long time - probably since my kids were born nearly 4 years ago. Oh so good going down, but they can do some quick damage.)

Posted By: svsg

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 06:22 PM

Irish, the poll is flawed. I selected 'No', but it wouldn't let me complete it without choosing some option for the second question. So my vote for beer( a random choice) is invalid.

Actually I gave up drinking last year. Not that I was a heavy drinker anyway. I used to drink wine sometimes and very very rarely whiskey or other stuff. But my drinking was too less compared to general social drinking standards. Just that I was not anti alcohol. I hate beer BTW. Disgusting taste.

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
...the only liquor I can stand on a consistent yesterday and it is...

WTF is that supposed to mean in English? Did you have "a consistent yesterday" with it today? \:p

Maybe I was having a drink while posting that reply \:p

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Double-J
But frankly, I'm more of an ale person when it comes to brews, so:

My real passion, however, is Tom Collins'. Love 'em. Especially with Tanqueray gin. Whoo.

As far as liquors otherwise, I like:

You and my roomate would get along famously. He likes ales too; I've never cared for them. His favorite mixed drink is either Black Velvet and Coke or Crown Royal and Coke. Although he does drink a fair share of So Co as well.

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 07:23 PM

For you Jack fans out there, has anyone tried the Single Barrel?
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 10:08 PM

Heineken is de shittiest beer in this galaxy. It tastes like the substance you see on the bottom of large garbage cans.

My favourite beers are Cristal and Stella, and Leffe and Trappist if I want something heavier.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Alcohol - 05/29/07 11:33 PM

Actually I hardly drink at all. Not that I am anti drinking or never drink. However, the only time I usually have a drink is at some event, or maybe a glass of wine with dinner (although I'm not a big wine fan) \:\/

I use to drink beer a lot in my younger days (it was most affordable) and still don't mind an occasional beer. If I drink hard liquor, I like 7/7 and also bloody Marys and sweet girlie drinks. \:D The less I taste the alcohol the better.

TIS

Re: Alcohol - 05/30/07 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Heineken is de shittiest beer in this galaxy. It tastes like the substance you see on the bottom of large garbage cans.

I never tasted garbage can residue, but I'll take your word for it. ;\)

Re: Alcohol - 05/30/07 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: klydon1

I never tasted garbage can residue, but I'll take your word for it. ;\)

Re: Alcohol - 05/30/07 06:04 AM

I disagree. I do enjoy a good Heineken from time to time, although my favorite imported beer is probably Spatan. You want the "bottom of the large garbage can" beer? Try Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. YUCK! Seriously, you couldn't pay me enough money to drink that piss

Re: Alcohol - 05/30/07 06:14 AM

Hefeweizen? Mmmmmmm.....!!!

Re: Alcohol - 05/30/07 06:22 AM

Hefeweizen? Mmmmmmm.....!!!

Re: Alcohol - 05/30/07 06:27 AM

How bout some nice Pabst Blue Ribbon?

Re: Alcohol - 05/30/07 06:33 AM

I've actually tried it, not the worst beer I've ever had

Re: Alcohol - 05/30/07 06:37 AM

I wasn't kidding. I actually like Pabst. It's cheap and gets the job done.

Re: Alcohol - 05/30/07 06:45 AM

That's all that matters, isn't it ;\) Boy I'll tell you one thing, this Single Barrell Jack is kicking my a$$. Usually after 2 mixed drinks I'm feeling pretty good but after one of these, I'm feeling fine!
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Alcohol - 05/30/07 01:36 PM

Re: Alcohol - 05/30/07 01:43 PM

That's all that matters, isn't it ;\) Boy I'll tell you one thing, this Single Barrell Jack is kicking my a$$. Usually after 2 mixed drinks I'm feeling pretty good but after one of these, I'm feeling fine!

Wuss. \:p

Re: Alcohol - 05/30/07 02:09 PM

Newcastle Brown Ale
Aye, a bottle o' Broon Dog sorts me, wor kid! ;\)

Re: Alcohol - 05/30/07 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: XDCX

Wuss. \:p

Well I'm not training for the Beer League games or anything ;\)

Re: Alcohol - 05/31/07 02:35 AM

Last night, I drank seven cans of Strongbow, made a chilli for my flatmates, went out, drank five vodka and lemonades, came back and had another five cans. I got to bed at 5am.

I rock.

Re: Alcohol - 05/31/07 02:26 PM

Last night, I drank seven cans of Strongbow, made a chilli for my flatmates, went out, drank five vodka and lemonades, came back and had another five cans. I got to bed at 5am.

I rock.

You fuckin wildman you ;\)

Re: Alcohol - 06/01/07 08:25 AM

Funny story happened to me at work last night. A customer whom I had rung up asked me on the way out the door if I could clean some of her badly damaged DVDs for her children. As a policy, we have a DVD buffer at work but are only supposed to use it on store DVDs to prevent any mishaps with customers personal DVDs, as well as cutting down the workload that would create.

In any case, the woman was very nice and I told her it was my last day so if she brought up her DVDs later on in the night (I'd be their until midnight) I would clean them for her. She came in while I was on my dinner break and gave me 2 DVDs and a CD to clean. I got them done for her no problem (removed a lot of crap from them) and before she left she put $5 on the counter for me. I have NEVER received a tip that I can recall while working at Blockbuster. It was very sweet but I wanted to be nice to this lady so I felt that taking the $5 would ruin that just a little (I know she was trying to be nice in return but no compensation was needed).

I followed her out to her car trying to give her back the money which she wouldn't take. Finally, she stopped and opened up her bag which allowed me to toss the money back in. She felt bad as a result, told me she wanted to do something for me for being so nice and asked if I had a favorite beer. I told her yes but wouldn't tell her which one so she wouldn't buy anything (our Blockbuster store is located right next to a grocery store). Anyways, she then gave me another DVD to clean. After I finished cleaning that I walked in the grocery store looking for her, finding her at the cash register buying a 6-pack of beer. I told her I hope her husband likes to drink to which she replied they were for me. I jokingly told her I was underage which she didn't buy. Finally, she told me her husband wanted me to have the beer which I did not believe, and also she would feel bad if I didn't take it (I didn't want to make her feel bad so I took it). She convinced me she called him and asked if she should get me Guiness, Harp or another beer which I cannot think of right now. Any case, long story short, she bought me a 6-pack of Harp which I am now trying for the first time and I have to say, I enjoy it more than Guiness. Has anyone else tried it and if so, any other Harp Lager fans out there?
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Alcohol - 06/02/07 05:38 PM

I don't really drink much, maybe the small SoCo at Christmas but that's about it.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Alcohol - 06/02/07 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Turi Giuliano
I don't really drink much, maybe the small SoCo at Christmas but that's about it.

Turi, you're back!!

So, are you kidding us with this post? You don't drink much?? Are you ok? Anyway, I hope so. I missed your sense of humor.

TIS

Re: Alcohol - 06/02/07 06:07 PM

Yeah but Christmas is everyday for me, at least twice.

Attached picture 104-Sleepygringo2.jpg

Re: Alcohol - 06/02/07 08:35 PM

LMFAO! How refreshing it is to have a sane man around.

Re: Alcohol - 06/02/07 09:28 PM

turi is a sexy beast.
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: Alcohol - 06/02/07 11:43 PM

Yes, I do drink alcohol. I usually drink any brand of whiskey or Buckfast, which is the main brand of tonic wine in Ireland.

Re: Alcohol - 06/03/07 10:11 AM

I think I'm an alcoholic. But I can think of worse things to be.

For starters, at least I'm not fondling children anymore.

Re: Alcohol - 06/03/07 01:41 PM

Any case, long story short, she bought me a 6-pack of Harp which I am now trying for the first time and I have to say, I enjoy it more than Guiness. Has anyone else tried it and if so, any other Harp Lager fans out there?

I first drank it about 25 years ago when visiting Ireland. I drink it occasionally, and agree with you that it's very good. I'm a fan.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Alcohol - 06/03/07 04:31 PM

Your progress is touching, Capo.

Re: Alcohol - 06/03/07 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Your progress is touching, Capo.

Wait, he is or he isn't touching kids anymore?

Re: Alcohol - 06/03/07 05:44 PM

I've been touching cloth all fucking day. A serious case of, how do you put it, "the shits"? Anyway, I've used up my entire flat's supply of toilet tissue, and the cleaner isn't here until tomorrow.

It might be a long night. Longer, considering I only have one can of beer left.

Re: Alcohol - 06/03/07 05:59 PM

I told you excessive submissive sodomy had its side-effects, but you just had to go and find out for yourself, didn't you?

Re: Alcohol - 06/03/07 06:05 PM

...on the plus side, though, there's a child in my bed.

Re: Alcohol - 06/03/07 07:08 PM

I've been touching cloth all fucking day. A serious case of, how do you put it, "the shits"? Anyway, I've used up my entire flat's supply of toilet tissue, and the cleaner isn't here until tomorrow.

It might be a long night. Longer, considering I only have one can of beer left.

Man up, God damnit!!

Go get yourself another 6 pack and take it with you into the shithouse. It's the way Pop wanted it.

Re: Alcohol - 06/03/07 07:14 PM

Any case, long story short, she bought me a 6-pack of Harp which I am now trying for the first time and I have to say, I enjoy it more than Guiness. Has anyone else tried it and if so, any other Harp Lager fans out there?

I first drank it about 25 years ago when visiting Ireland. I drink it occasionally, and agree with you that it's very good. I'm a fan.

How's the Guiness their? I'm dying to go to Ireland. Glad to see another Harp fan

Re: Alcohol - 06/03/07 08:46 PM

there are other ways to clean that heiny, capo...

Re: Alcohol - 06/04/07 03:40 AM

How's the Guiness their? I'm dying to go to Ireland. Glad to see another Harp fan

The Guiness was wonderful. I took the tour of the brewery and had a fresh bottle only minutes old.

Re: Alcohol - 06/04/07 03:51 AM

Lucky! How long did you stay? Was it a business trip or a family thing?

Re: Alcohol - 06/04/07 04:03 AM

It was late-May to about June 12, 1983. I hadn't yet turned 19, and I went with my brother and uncle. I got to see a considerable amount of the country.It was pure pleasure, and I get mad at myself for not returning. Someday I'll go back. I'm sure you'll make it there, Irish.

Re: Alcohol - 06/04/07 04:22 AM

Forgive my ignorance, isn't alcohol supposed to be better with age? What's with the fresh minutes old Guinness (BTW, I have no clue what it is \:\/ )?

Re: Alcohol - 06/04/07 04:51 AM

It was late-May to about June 12, 1983. I hadn't yet turned 19, and I went with my brother and uncle. I got to see a considerable amount of the country.It was pure pleasure, and I get mad at myself for not returning. Someday I'll go back. I'm sure you'll make it there, Irish.

Wow, I was born later on that month, June 30, 1983 ;\) My folks went to Ireland for their 25th wedding anniversary almost 10 years ago now. My mother is dying to take us but I doubt it will happen. I wish to go some day. Her wish was to go before she passes and mine's the same.

Re: Alcohol - 06/04/07 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: svsg
Forgive my ignorance, isn't alcohol supposed to be better with age? What's with the fresh minutes old Guinness (BTW, I have no clue what it is \:\/ )?

Guinness is a stout, a dark, rich brewed beverage with roasted barley. Actually, I can't be sure exactly how old the bottle I had was. It was supposedly among the cases that were just manufactured, and ready for distribution.

A lot of the finer wines and liquors supposedly mature with age, giving the product fullness, but I haven't been able to appreciate the distinction fully.

Beer, Lager, etc. are brewed and actually can become stale over time.

Re: Alcohol - 06/04/07 11:39 AM

Any bottle over a day old should be drunk promptly.

Re: Alcohol - 06/05/07 02:54 AM

There is a big annual biker rally coming through town this week. I plan on getting destroyed through means of alcohol consumption and otherwise, and then paying tribute to the gonzo by covering the whole slapdash event in a short story or something similar.

I'm just warning everyone, my brain cells will drop significantly in a weeks time.

Re: Alcohol - 06/09/07 03:00 AM

Drank this one just for you Irish \:D

Re: Alcohol - 06/09/07 03:09 AM

Did you enjoy it Blibble? Also, did you add a lemon? I'm sorry, but if you have to add a lemon to enjoy it more, it's not worth drinking

Re: Alcohol - 06/09/07 03:35 AM

Nope, no lemon. It was scrumdiddlyumptious all by itself.

Re: Alcohol - 06/09/07 03:39 AM

To each his own. Have you tried Miller Chill yet?

Re: Alcohol - 06/09/07 03:42 AM

No. I actually looked for it and couldn't find it. \:\/

Re: Alcohol - 06/09/07 03:50 AM

Did you try Wal-Mart? They might have it

Re: Alcohol - 06/09/07 03:59 AM

I didn't know Wal-Mart even sells alcoholic beverages. Crap, yet another reason I can't resist going there. Wal-Mart makes it nearly impossible for me to support the little guys.

Re: Alcohol - 06/09/07 05:42 AM

Yeah, they've got a beer isle. The only store that I know of that actually has 12-packs of Miller Chill. Everyone else has 6-packs

Re: Alcohol - 06/09/07 06:42 PM

Did you try Wal-Mart? They might have it

We just raised the white-trash levels up like, eight notches.

"WOMAN, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! I'm going to Wal-Mart to pick up the light beer, and then we're going to make nasty grease-sex in the truck!"

Re: Alcohol - 06/10/07 03:06 AM

The recommended limit for men to drink daily is 4 units; this week alone I've had at least eighty. \:\/ \:\)

Re: Alcohol - 07/22/07 03:51 AM

For those Jack Daniels fans out there, can some please recommend a good Brandy or Sake? I've only tried Sake once but I didn't enjoy it. I also don't believe I've ever had Brandy.

Re: Alcohol - 07/22/07 04:08 AM

For those Jack Daniels fans out there, can some please recommend a good Brandy or Sake? I've only tried Sake once but I didn't enjoy it. I also don't believe I've ever had Brandy.

I don't care for Sake. As for brandy, I always felt it was a drink for eighty year old men in three piece suits and thick, white moustaches and perhaps a monocle, who are withdrawing to the billiard room to enjoy cigars with similar old men. \:D Or to take if you have a cold.

Re: Alcohol - 07/22/07 05:03 AM

Well I was going to ask about Cognac too klydon but I restrained myself ;\)

Re: Alcohol - 07/22/07 08:20 AM

I don't care for Sake. As for brandy, I always felt it was a drink for eighty year old men in three piece suits and thick, white moustaches and perhaps a monocle, who are withdrawing to the billiard room to enjoy cigars with similar old men. \:D Or to take if you have a cold.

That reminds me... I've been trying to figure out where to buy a monocle.

Re: Alcohol - 07/22/07 10:20 AM

As for brandy, I always felt it was a drink for eighty year old men in three piece suits and thick, white moustaches and perhaps a monocle, who are withdrawing to the billiard room to enjoy cigars with similar old men.

I resemble that remark.

A snort of it after a big dinner on a cold night is pure heaven. \:\) (My choice of drink DURING a meal is Dewar's... nothing like it with a good steak).

Re: Alcohol - 07/22/07 02:11 PM

Thanks SC

Re: Alcohol - 07/23/07 08:05 AM

I drank some Tequila on Saturday night!
I have'nt drunk the Mexican Devil Juice in years

Re: Alcohol - 07/23/07 01:21 PM

Some friends down at uni asked me to help them for a film quiz one night against loads of other people, and so when I showed up, imagine my delight when the team who had hired me, for whom I was doing a favour, were completely shitfaced on tequila. They'd brought the rest of the bottle, of course, and I had a glass off them gratefully.

Never again. \:D We (or I) won the quiz, though.

Last night I was on cans of Scrumpy Jack, ran out, then moved onto double vodka and Red Bulls.

Re: Alcohol - 07/23/07 02:22 PM

I was going to buy a bottle of Tres Generacions Sauza Tequila (Anejo style) that I've been after for for months on Friday. However, the liquor store up here wanted $52 for it \:o In Texas my local liquor store only wanted $40
Posted By: Partagas

Re: Alcohol - 07/23/07 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
As for brandy, I always felt it was a drink for eighty year old men in three piece suits and thick, white moustaches and perhaps a monocle, who are withdrawing to the billiard room to enjoy cigars with similar old men.

I resemble that remark.

A snort of it after a big dinner on a cold night is pure heaven. \:\) (My choice of drink DURING a meal is Dewar's... nothing like it with a good steak).

Ahhh you don't want the blended stuff -- try some Glenmorangie -- you will never go back to blended scotch

Re: Alcohol - 07/23/07 07:16 PM

I had some Sake the other night. It was gross. But I finished it. \:\)
Posted By: Partagas

Re: Alcohol - 07/23/07 07:29 PM

Brandy? Try some Korbel XS or VSOP. Can't help you on the sake as I have only tried that a couple of times
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Alcohol - 07/23/07 08:18 PM

Some friends down at uni asked me to help them for a film quiz one night against loads of other people, and so when I showed up, imagine my delight when the team who had hired me, for whom I was doing a favour, were completely shitfaced on tequila. They'd brought the rest of the bottle, of course, and I had a glass off them gratefully.

Never again. \:D We (or I) won the quiz, though.

Last night I was on cans of Scrumpy Jack, ran out, then moved onto double vodka and Red Bulls.

O-kay. That does it.
I'm coming to your town in a few months. Were gonna be best friends \:D

Re: Alcohol - 07/23/07 11:39 PM

I was going to buy a bottle of Tres Generacions Sauza Tequila (Anejo style) that I've been after for for months on Friday. However, the liquor store up here wanted $52 for it \:o In Texas my local liquor store only wanted $40

While I'm not a devout tequila fan, I really enjoy shots of Don Julio. Smooth with no unpleasant after effects.

Re: Alcohol - 07/23/07 11:41 PM

Well said, Klydon.

I don't trust a lawyer who doesn't drink. Then again, I've never met one who doesn't drink.

Re: Alcohol - 07/24/07 12:02 AM

After going to a wedding over the weekend I'd like to add:

Martinis (umm I lost track of how many and which kind)
White Russians (the drink and the females)

Re: Alcohol - 07/24/07 12:03 AM

Just how many martinis does it take ANY female to get her to talk to you? \:p

Re: Alcohol - 07/24/07 01:14 AM

First, no alcohol is necessary. Second, when the females are around DMC, they are NOT interested in talking, if you know what I mean...

Re: Alcohol - 07/24/07 01:23 AM

First, no alcohol is necessary. Second, when the females are around DMC, they are NOT interested in talking, if you know what I mean...

Mrs. R doesn't lie

Re: Alcohol - 07/24/07 03:30 AM

Yeah, but what about Run?

Re: Alcohol - 07/25/07 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Yeah, but what about Run?

\:D \:D \:D

Re: Alcohol - 08/07/07 07:23 PM

For those wondering, I FINALLY got ahold of the tequila Bill was drinking in KILL BILL: VOLUME 2. It's Suaza Tequila Tres Generactiones Anejo. It was $50 and man is it good. I'm not really a tequila drinker but this is the best I've ever tasted:

Re: Alcohol - 08/07/07 08:17 PM

Tarantino's even ruling your drinking life now? \:p

Re: Alcohol - 08/07/07 08:19 PM

Oh, yeah, of all of Irish's man-crushes, Tarantino reigns supreme.

Re: Alcohol - 08/07/07 08:20 PM

Hey, who remembers the time Irish got wasted and woke up with a sore ass and laying next to Tarantino?

Remember what Tarantino said to him? Huh? Do you? "Devote the rest of your life to supporting my career and no one will have to hear about this."

Re: Alcohol - 08/07/07 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
Hey, who remembers the time Irish got wasted and woke up with a sore ass and laying next to Tarantino?

Remember what Tarantino said to him? Huh? Do you? "Devote the rest of your life to supporting my career and no one will have to hear about this."

That's a lie!!

Irish was NOT wasted.

Loffles.

Re: Alcohol - 08/07/07 08:31 PM

Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Alcohol - 08/07/07 08:41 PM

I resemble that remark.

So that's what you carry around in that little flask in your inside pocket. The last time we went out to eat I was wondering why you kept reaching into your inside pocket, and then throwing your head back after putting a piece of steak in your mouth.

Re: Alcohol - 08/07/07 08:43 PM

L&B!!

Re: Alcohol - 08/08/07 05:35 AM

What aspect of my life doesn't Quentin rule? ;\)

Re: Alcohol - 08/08/07 10:44 AM

I'm just drinking a lot of red wine lately!
Strong Sicilian ones \:\)

Re: Alcohol - 08/08/07 10:58 AM

I love to drink German red wine,but can never find it in UK..

Re: Alcohol - 08/08/07 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
I love to drink German red wine,but can never find it in UK..

Yeah i think most people drink German whites don't they?

Re: Alcohol - 08/08/07 12:47 PM

I don't really drink white wine,just the odd glass at christmas.Always reminds me of cheap cider...lol

Re: Alcohol - 08/08/07 12:50 PM

Nothing wrong with cheap cider.....

Re: Alcohol - 08/08/07 12:50 PM

The worst drink i have ever tasted is "Special Brew" larger its about 11% vol and tastes horrible..man you could be pissed on 1 on of those..

Re: Alcohol - 08/08/07 01:01 PM

Nothing wrong with Special Brew....
I used to make snake bites out of it with Merrydown cider when i was a youth
Posted By: chopper

Re: Alcohol - 08/20/07 07:15 AM

Jesus i have the worst hangover ever i went to my local yesterday at 12 for a few pints me and about 8 or 9 friends then decided to have a all day drinking session i eventully got in at 1am after 13 hours drinking and then the dog woke me up at 7am as he needed to be taken out god i feel like shit!

Re: Alcohol - 08/20/07 02:52 PM

Been there,done that

Re: Alcohol - 08/20/07 03:03 PM

I've cut back quite a bit on my alcohol consumption. After my last binge (and subsequent offering of vomit to the porcelain throne), I decided to keep an eye on my alcohol intake.

I put my convictions to the test on my trip to Las Vegas, and I have to say I'm proud of myself. I had one Heineken the whole time I was there...and a sip (or 8) of my girlfriend's margarita.

But every now and then, a guy needs a drink, no? For those occasions, an ice cold Heineken quenches my beer thirst. For liquor, a nice Crown Royal or Jack Daniel's on the rocks will do me just right.

Re: Alcohol - 08/20/07 03:36 PM

I've cut back quite a bit on my alcohol consumption.

Likewise. I haven't had as much to drink here in New York like I did when I was in Texas

Re: Alcohol - 08/23/07 01:53 PM

I have a glass or two of wine every night, and will have the occasional vodka and O.j. or tonic on weekends. also an occasional beer.
Posted By: chopper

Re: Alcohol - 08/23/07 02:18 PM

As i was on working nights last night i went out with my friends for a couple of hours to the pub before work obviously as i was working later i couldnt have any alochol so i had 4 bottles of Alcohol free Becks i couldnt tell the difference although it did feel like i was cheating.

Re: Alcohol - 08/24/07 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: chopper
As i was on working nights last night i went out with my friends for a couple of hours to the pub before work obviously as i was working later i couldnt have any alochol so i had 4 bottles of Alcohol free Becks i couldnt tell the difference although it did feel like i was cheating.

Alcohol free beer sucks
Unless you're driving of course...
One has to be sensible....
Occasionly \:\)

Re: Alcohol - 08/24/07 07:32 PM

Why would you drink alcohol free beer? In my opinion, beer has an unsatisfying flavor, so without the alcohol, what's the point? Why not just drink a soda or something?

Mass confusion.
Posted By: whisper

Re: Alcohol - 08/24/07 07:33 PM

Alcohol free beer???????

Re: Alcohol - 08/24/07 07:41 PM

I've cut back quite a bit on my alcohol consumption. After my last binge (and subsequent offering of vomit to the porcelain throne), I decided to keep an eye on my alcohol intake.

I put my convictions to the test on my trip to Las Vegas, and I have to say I'm proud of myself. I had one Heineken the whole time I was there...and a sip (or 8) of my girlfriend's margarita.

But every now and then, a guy needs a drink, no? For those occasions, an ice cold Heineken quenches my beer thirst. For liquor, a nice Crown Royal or Jack Daniel's on the rocks will do me just right.

I don't get it...if you want to cut back on Alcohol why did you not speak with me?

Jack Daniel's is good stuff...although I can't live without Vodka lol
Posted By: whisper

Re: Alcohol - 08/24/07 07:47 PM

Yeah John Daniel's is the best.

Re: Alcohol - 08/24/07 08:27 PM

I don't get it...if you want to cut back on Alcohol why did you not speak with me?

I had considered seeking your advice in regards to cutting back on alcohol, but I felt it was something I needed to do on my own. I know how vehemently against drinking you are, so I didn't want to disappoint you... \:p

Re: Alcohol - 08/25/07 08:43 AM

I'm still a hardened alcoholic. SoCo before work is better than a coffee in the morning.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Alcohol - 08/30/07 05:06 PM

Corona for beer, Livingston Red Rose red wine, Captain Morgan, I can stand Miller Lite and Bud Light.
Posted By: JRCX

Re: Alcohol - 09/03/07 04:13 AM

Its a funny thing about beer, when you are eating food from the same country as the beer is from, it makes more sense... for example i recently tried the BRAHMA, its from brazil, and had it at a brazilian bbq place that is to die for... LOVED IT, bought a pack of it and brought it home, just not the same, has a funny taste... beer, like wine, should be paired with the foods you eat, and they will make more sense i find... that being said, some of my all time faves are Grolsh, Sapporo, Chimay, and on the heavier side, Boddingtons & Guiness. I do like rolling rock for nostalgic purposes, but also Ballantine Ale, just way to many to name, but all in their right setting they should be fine... i never saw what people see in budweiser...

Re: Alcohol - 09/18/07 05:33 PM

Last night was heavy. My last before returning to uni. I have £31 left in my bank account. \:\)

Four pints of Fosters, a skittle (some sort of fruity conconction), a Sex on the Beach cocktail, a Granny Smith cocktail, a shot of Hurricane, two shots of Brain Haemorrage (it's positively awful-sounding asking for "A Brain Haemorrage, please"), a straight double vodka, four shots of Corky's, four bottles of cheap blue stuff that makes your tongue cheap and blue too, and more.

Normally I'd be drinking beer in between, but I had the four pints at the beginning of the night and let them be once we left the local pub to venture into the city and into the night. It was as a result a refreshing change: I was drunk, but I was clear-headed; it was a light intoxication, and it has lent a clarity throughout today. Lovely.

Re: Alcohol - 09/03/08 01:40 AM

I have a quick question. Below is a picture of the green label Jack Daniels. I've heard rumors that it's only available in 8 states. Just moving from Texas (where it was sold) to New York (where it's not) has hindered me from getting my hands on it again. I've heard it was sold in: Texas, Tennessee, Vermont, and North Carolina. Does anyone know where else it's sold, especially around New York (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, or Connecticut perhaps?)?

Finally, could someone please recommend a good Irish whiskey (I have to say I've never had any or any that were worth remembering).

Re: Alcohol - 09/03/08 02:35 PM

Jameson's is the best known Irish whisky.

Re: Alcohol - 09/03/08 02:58 PM

Cool, thanks DT

Re: Alcohol - 09/03/08 04:33 PM

If whiskey-based Irish cream liqueurs are your thing, Bailey's is lovely.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Alcohol - 09/03/08 04:55 PM

Irishman, your question interested me, so I looked it up on the web. Apparently you can get it here via mail order:

http://www.internetwines.com/info.html

The issue is whether or not your state permits alcoholic beverages to be shipped in. If you click on "Questions," you might infer, as I did, that they'll ship it to you assuming that if your state authorities get sore, you'll take the fall. I dunno... confused

Re: Alcohol - 09/03/08 05:28 PM

While in Iceland last February I sampled their local vodka "Reyka." Its not as smooth as Gery Goose, but its pretty damn good. The process by which it is made incorporates thermal heat to distill the grain mixture.

Re: Alcohol - 09/03/08 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Irishman, your question interested me, so I looked it up on the web. Apparently you can get it here via mail order:

http://www.internetwines.com/info.html

The issue is whether or not your state permits alcoholic beverages to be shipped in. If you click on "Questions," you might infer, as I did, that they'll ship it to you assuming that if your state authorities get sore, you'll take the fall. I dunno... confused

AWESOME! Thanks TB. However, I do have a few friends in Texas who could buy it and ship it up but I was hoping I could pick it up relatively close by because I am afraid it may get damaged during shipping.

Re: Alcohol - 09/03/08 07:22 PM

Baileys and Jamiesons are nice!

Scottish malt whiskies i have been known to slurp on are Glen Morangie and GlenFiddich.

Smooth!

Re: Alcohol - 09/03/08 07:25 PM

Additionally, Old Bushmill's is worth a look.

There was a cheaper Irish whiskey called Powers that was decent.

Re: Alcohol - 09/04/08 02:09 PM

And Irish Meadow is basically Baileys for those who can't afford it.

Re: Alcohol - 09/04/08 04:59 PM

Mick, what is the "legal drinking age" in the UK?

Re: Alcohol - 09/04/08 05:21 PM

Me and friends are New Yorking next year; we're waiting for the last of us to turn 21.

grin

Re: Alcohol - 09/04/08 05:27 PM

Into the Sixties, NY's legal drinking age was 18, Hawaii's was 19, and all the other states were at 21. Voting age was 21. Then the authorities reversed themselves: the nationwide voting age lowered to 18, and drinking age went to 21 in every state. confused
You and your friends can expect to be "carded" every time you order a drink in NY.

Re: Alcohol - 09/04/08 05:53 PM

Asked for ID, you mean? Yeah, that's why we're having to wait until we are 21. (It's steadily becoming just as strict over here.)

Re: Alcohol - 09/04/08 06:02 PM

The drinking age in NY was 18 when I was in high school, then it went to 19 and then 21.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Alcohol - 09/05/08 12:32 AM

I got a bottle of Irish Cream from ALDI's! It wasn't too bad, smooth. O'Donnelly's I think it was.

Re: Alcohol - 09/05/08 08:31 PM

I finally found the answer to my questions from Jack Daniels themselves (I e-mailed them and they just replied):

-Alabama
-Arkansas
-Kansas
-Kentucky
-Louisiana
-Mississippi
-Michigan
-Missouri
-New Hampshire
-North Carolina
-Ohio
-Oklahoma
-Oregon
-Pennsylvania
-Tennessee
-Texas
-Virginia

17 states in all. If you live in or near the border of one of these states and haven't tried the Green label Jack, I'd say give it a try
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Alcohol - 09/26/08 04:44 PM

The drinking age in NY was 18 when I was in high school, then it went to 19 and then 21.

19? I don't remember that....probably because I was past 21 when it changed.

Re: Alcohol - 09/26/08 05:27 PM

That's what I thought, because I remember being pissed in high school when it turned to 21 when I was 17!

New York State raised its minimum drinking age from 18 to 19 years in 1982 Then New York State raised its minimum drinking age from 19 to 21 years on December 1, 1985. [source]

In NJ, the drinking age was raised to 19 in 1980, then to 21 in 1983. [source]
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Alcohol - 09/26/08 05:31 PM

Asked for ID, you mean? Yeah, that's why we're having to wait until we are 21. (It's steadily becoming just as strict over here.)

My daughter is 24 and she still gets carded.

Re: Alcohol - 09/26/08 05:50 PM

Mig, she'll be carded for 10 more years! I was carded for cigarettes (somehow!) when I was like 30 (that was a bit ridiculous I think), and at a bar I frequent in my 30s. Why? I don't know... but I haven't been carded in a while now. ohwell lol

Re: Alcohol - 09/27/08 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas

Or because it was so many years ago for you. tongue

Re: Alcohol - 09/29/08 04:52 PM

I drank large amounts of lager on Saturday night and still got up for work on Sunday morning at 5.30!!

I felt like death and looked even worse but i did it tongue

Re: Alcohol - 09/30/08 01:26 AM

I drank large amounts of lager on Saturday night and still got up for work on Sunday morning at 5.30!!

clap Well done Yogi. A man of courage and fortitude. What kind of lager was it? When I was in England I grew fond of Caffrey's bitter (do I have that right?)

Re: Alcohol - 09/30/08 01:27 AM

Or because it was so many years ago for you. tongue

That was right after Prohibition, wasn't it?

Re: Alcohol - 10/01/08 01:52 PM

clap Well done Yogi. A man of courage and fortitude. What kind of lager was it? When I was in England I grew fond of Caffrey's bitter (do I have that right?)

Caffreys is nice!

I was drinking Fosters,which is an Australian brew!

Not the best,not the worst. It was reasonably cheap,that was my reasons for guzzling it lol

Re: Alcohol - 10/01/08 02:40 PM

Yeah, I like Foster's too Yogi. I think really the only English beer I like is NewCastle. How about yourself?

Re: Alcohol - 10/01/08 02:51 PM

Oh i like Newcastle ale Irish,it originates from my home town!

My favourite lager of all is Stella,which is made in Belgium!

Re: Alcohol - 10/01/08 03:14 PM

Any other good English beers you could recommend besides NewCastle?

I don't believe I've tried Stella but I like a lot of European beers: Guiness, Harp, Heineken, Spatan, NewCastle, Amstel, etc.

Re: Alcohol - 10/01/08 03:55 PM

English beers eh?

Carling is ok. Problem is,so many of the beers us English drink are imported, like Becks,Kronenbourg and Holsten Pils!

Tetleys do nice beer!

They are English!

Re: Alcohol - 10/01/08 05:11 PM

Alright, thanks Yogi

Re: Alcohol - 10/01/08 05:35 PM

I was in a bar on Sunday night. For the first time that I've ever seen, they were offering Absinthe as their drink special.

Re: Alcohol - 10/04/08 01:35 PM

Ooooooh, absinthe is lethal stuff panic

I would put it in the same category as tequila for the ability to lose control of all bodily functions and wet the bed tongue

Re: Alcohol - 10/04/08 05:29 PM

I've heard so much about it that I was afraid to try it, although I did take advantage of the $1 Tequila Sunrises.

Re: Alcohol - 10/04/08 05:57 PM

I think it tastes like feet.

Re: Alcohol - 10/04/08 11:09 PM

I still want to try absinthe but I didn't realize there were so many to choose from. Anybody have one they would recommend to someone who's never tried it?

I'm specifically looking for the kind in the movie EUROTRIP:

Re: Alcohol - 10/05/08 01:57 AM

Ooooooh, absinthe is lethal stuff panic

I would put it in the same category as tequila for the ability to lose control of all bodily functions and wet the bed tongue

Is there really a difference in alcohol? I hear people make comments like this about how tequila, or say jagermeister, or whatever else gets you drunk faster or makes you drunk in different ways than other types of drinks. But doesn't it really depend on the alcohol percentage while the rest is just flavor? I've never felt any different drinking tequila than I do drinking vodka or beer. I just have to drink more of one than the other because the percentage of alcohol in the each drink may vary a little.

Re: Alcohol - 10/05/08 02:51 AM

Have a lot of experience tasting feet do you? tongue

Re: Alcohol - 10/17/08 10:00 PM

Today I bought mixes to make lemon drop martinis, watermelon martinis and key lime margaritas. The key lime mix even came with cute little straws with little umbrellas.

My husband had a bad week at work. I thought he might need a pick-me-up.
Posted By: Don Dallal

Re: Alcohol - 10/18/08 12:18 AM

Whiskey

- Johnnie Walker Blue Label
- Chivas Regal "25"

Re: Alcohol - 10/18/08 02:56 AM

Is there really a difference in alcohol? I hear people make comments like this about how tequila, or say jagermeister, or whatever else gets you drunk faster or makes you drunk in different ways than other types of drinks. But doesn't it really depend on the alcohol percentage while the rest is just flavor? I've never felt any different drinking tequila than I do drinking vodka or beer. I just have to drink more of one than the other because the percentage of alcohol in the each drink may vary a little.

So nobody has any information on this? It is something I am very curious about.

Re: Alcohol - 10/18/08 06:27 AM

Some speculation....Maybe something to do with how fast the alcohol gets absorbed in the blood. Depending upon the ingredients, our metabolism may vary. Eventually when the same amount of alcohol is absorbed in the blood, we would feel the same intoxication I guess, but one beverage might get digested faster than the other. This is totally my guess , I couldn't find anything on wikipedia.
Posted By: fortunato

Re: Alcohol - 01/09/14 06:17 PM

More of a wine kind of person, prefer white. Like some brandy and liqeur like Tuaca and armagnac.
Of course all drinking was done legally.

Re: Alcohol - 01/10/14 04:54 PM

Eat a lot of feet do you PB?? lol
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: Alcohol - 01/12/14 03:09 AM

I've been enjoying Smithwicks Ale lately, it's similar to Newcastle but tastes fuller to me. As far as liquor I like a variety with Stoli, Crown and Patron as my favorites.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Alcohol - 01/12/14 03:49 AM

favorite beer: Guiness, Whiskey: Jim beam, Tequila: Don Juan, Scotch: Johnnie Walker Blue Label, Vodka: None, vodka is for high school girls.

Re: Alcohol - 01/17/14 07:00 PM

I only drink beer and wine...no spirits or cordials ...I like all kinds of wine from all over the world and almost all beers, except stuff like Bud.

Re: Alcohol - 01/18/14 04:23 PM

100-proof Bourbon (Old Forester, JW Dant) was my favorite until 1970, when I stopped drinking spirits. Now it's wine and beer. Wine prices in this part of AZ are lower than anywhere else I've bought wine in America. Seldom if ever have to pay more than $7.99 for a good wine. Trader Joe has excellent wines for $5.99 or less. And the supermarkets have weekly sales, and always offer 10% off if you buy 6 or more.

Re: Alcohol - 01/20/14 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Vodka: None, vodka is for high school girls.

Scotch is for old men who show up at the Elks Club at 9am for their morning juice. lol

VODKA! Belevedere, smooth as Beyonce's ass. whistle

Re: Alcohol - 01/21/14 05:33 AM

MC, we have friends who introduced us to Sobieski vodka. I think it's Polish. Anyway, it's ridiculously inexpensive. Sobieski and Rose's lime juice tastes like liquid key lime pie.
Posted By: NinoSconza

Re: Alcohol - 01/21/14 05:48 AM

MC, we have friends who introduced us to Sobieski vodka. I think it's Polish. Anyway, it's ridiculously inexpensive. Sobieski and Rose's lime juice tastes like liquid key lime pie.

SB I've drank a lot of Sobieski's over the holidays I proabably have about 20 shotglasses from the the free ones they give you in the giftbox bottle set lol

Re: Alcohol - 01/21/14 09:06 PM

Right now the best bang for the buck is Proseco. It ranges from $8.00 to $25. a bottle. No reason to buy the top end stuff, so long as it is dry. There are some good buys from Cava in Spain of bubbly but NOT Frexinet ..

Re: Alcohol - 01/21/14 11:33 PM

For me, the best sparkling wine for the $$ is Veuve du Vernay. It's French, but can't be classified as champagne because it's produced right outside the region. It's under $10 and it's very good.

Klyd, we have the Sobieski flask, but no shot glasses.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Alcohol - 01/21/14 11:50 PM

i'm a cognac man myself

Re: Alcohol - 01/22/14 01:11 AM

An excellent buy in a high-quality sparking wine is Trader Joe's Blason de Bourgogne Crémant de Bourgogne, made with the traditional Methode Champenoise , only $9.99.

The best buy in a real Champagne (from the Champagne district) is Kirkland Brut Rose, available at Costco for $24.99. It is just outstanding.

Re: Alcohol - 01/22/14 04:29 PM

Klyd, we have the Sobieski flask, but no shot glasses.

I have neither. Your reply was for someone else with the same avatar. smile

Re: Alcohol - 01/22/14 09:42 PM

It is Polish. Their ad says they are the no. 1 premium vodka in Poland. I'll have to try it. I haven't had a vodka drink since Jan. 2. I have to lose 15 lbs. before I will drink it again. 11 lbs. to go. Your liquid key lime pie is called a Gimlet..one of my favorites. My pedestrian vodka is Svedka. Medium priced, consistently good. Can't stomach Absolut. Can't afford Belvedere. Sooo many good vodkas.

Re: Alcohol - 01/23/14 05:03 AM

We are friends with a lovely British couple. They introduced me to Gimlets. After a few, they swear that I turn into a superhero named Vodka Gimlet Girl.

Re: Alcohol - 01/23/14 08:41 AM

After a few, they swear that I turn into a superhero named Vodka Gimlet Girl.

You drink alcohol??? eek

Re: Alcohol - 01/23/14 03:55 PM

After a few, they swear that I turn into a superhero named Vodka Gimlet Girl.

You drink alcohol??? eek

Only around British couples, frozen cheesecakes, and bar sluts trying to pick up my husband. tongue

Re: Alcohol - 01/23/14 04:25 PM

Any gin fans?

Re: Alcohol - 01/23/14 04:25 PM

Any gin fans?

Re: Alcohol - 01/23/14 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: fortunato
Any gin fans?

Until age 30 I was a huge gin fan. After that my enthusiasm decreased due to its effects the following day. But back in the day I was a fan of Tanqueray and the one with Queen Victoria on the bottle. I hear there is a new gin that is supposed to be very smooth . anyone know what it is called?
Posted By: NinoSconza

Re: Alcohol - 01/31/14 04:29 AM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Any gin fans?

Until age 30 I was a huge gin fan. After that my enthusiasm decreased due to its effects the following day. But back in the day I was a fan of Tanqueray and the one with Queen Victoria on the bottle. I hear there is a new gin that is supposed to be very smooth . anyone know what it is called?

Do you no longer drink are you in recovery ? My wife sent me to The seabrook house before so I could dry out for a week.
Posted By: JimmyBurke

Re: Alcohol - 02/14/14 09:07 AM

I am sober, and in search of a cure.

Alas, I have to wait 4 hours.

Re: Alcohol - 02/14/14 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: NinoSconza
Any gin fans?

Do you no longer drink are you in recovery ? My wife sent me to The seabrook house before so I could dry out for a week.

I drink beer and wine. No spirits.

Re: Alcohol - 02/15/14 03:56 PM

I currently have a taste for Kronenbourg. It's French but it's good!!

Re: Alcohol - 03/17/14 09:47 AM

Has to be Guinness today!!
Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Re: Alcohol - 04/14/14 02:24 AM

Any gin fans?

Bombay Sapphire? I do not drink anymore but when I did I would drink beer, various types of liquor except Scotch unless it was the only liquor around, and I preferred red wine to white wine but I still cook with wine.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Alcohol - 06/29/18 01:00 AM

I just put a shot of Middleton Irish Whisky in me Tea.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Alcohol - 07/01/18 12:46 AM

I had about 8 Bacardi-cola´s tonight old school.

Re: Alcohol - 07/01/18 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Hollander
I had about 8 Bacardi-cola´s tonight old school.

How could you drink that on a hot night???

Re: Alcohol - 07/02/18 03:07 AM

I like Rum, hot or cold........
Served in hot temp or cold temp.

However, best served cold in Hot Temp...... near a Pool,,,, to take the extra 10 degrees off with a dip.

Re: Alcohol - 07/24/18 03:12 AM

Lately I've rediscovered brandies. There are two basic types I like: Mediterranian, which are rich and semi-dry; and French, which are dry, austere and elegant. My two favorites in the former are Cardinal Mendoza (Spain), and Metaxa Grand Fine (Greece). My French favorites are Hennessy VSOP (Cognac) and Chateau Laubaude XO (Armagnac).

French brandies get most of their character from the wood they're aged in--the longer the ageing, the smoother they taste. Immature brandy has an oily taste. Most Cognacs are underaged--the designation "VS" means it's supposed to have been aged in the cask for five years, but most of the producers bottle them after three years. "VSOP" is supposed to be in cask for ten years, and Hennessy is far and away the best at meeting that standard. "XO" stands for "Extra Old," and can be 15 years old-plus. Armagnac is much lesser known than Cognac, but is a better buy, dollar for dollar.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Alcohol - 07/24/18 04:14 AM

I've always been a Cognac guy, I like to get a bottle of Hennessy VSOP around my birthday each year. I've had a couple bottles of Hennessy XO too, and it's incredible. I swear to God a friend of mine did me a favor so I gave him a glass of XO to show my appreciation, this guy just tilts his head back and shoots it like it was E&J. I wanted to slap the shit out of him cause you're supposed to really enjoy that, but it was his loss. I haven't drank alcohol in months but when I get back to it it'll probably be with Hennessy VSOP.

Re: Alcohol - 01/07/19 01:28 AM

Double shot of Jamesons in my tea.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Alcohol - 01/07/19 01:59 AM

Chilled Romana black Sambuca.

Re: Alcohol - 01/07/19 02:17 AM

Currently sipping on some Tito's Vodka (one of my favorite's).

Re: Alcohol - 01/07/19 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Beanshooter
Chilled Romana black Sambuca.

Originally Posted by Irishman12
Currently sipping on some Tito's Vodka (one of my favorite's).

Enjoy Men.

Re: Alcohol - 01/07/19 02:43 AM

Thank you Dues! Salute!

Re: Alcohol - 01/07/19 03:28 AM

Slainte’..... Beans

To your Health as well..... Agad Sa.
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Alcohol - 01/08/19 01:13 AM

New to this thread...thought i'd chime in.

I've pretty much stopped drinking beer and switched to whiskey almost exclusively and have been trying new things.

I've been enjoying dewars 12 year a lot. I also have a bottle of J&B Scotch which I didn't like as much. Jack Daniels is what I drink the most. I never drank much of it before basically because it was so popular but I did a taste test once comparing different whiskey's, and bourbon's and I liked Daniels the best.

I also like to keep a bottle of crown royal around.

Irishman I also have a bottle of Tito's Vodka that my mother in law drinks when she's visiting. Made in the great state of Texas! I sometimes add a little to my OJ or coffee in the mornings.

Re: Alcohol - 01/08/19 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni
Irishman I also have a bottle of Tito's Vodka that my mother in law drinks when she's visiting. Made in the great state of Texas! I sometimes add a little to my OJ or coffee in the mornings.

It's good stuff!

Re: Alcohol - 01/26/19 10:09 PM

Tonight Esbjaerg Vodka from Denmark. It has a softer taste than other brands, very good !

Re: Alcohol - 01/27/19 02:01 AM

Tonight sipping some Drambuie on the rocks. Don't like the new bottle that it now comes in. Same drink though. Nice to sip it while watching TV. All I'm missing is a good cigar but unfortunately my wife put a ban on that years ago!
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Alcohol - 01/27/19 02:10 AM

Tonight sipping some Drambuie on the rocks. Don't like the new bottle that it now comes in. Same drink though. Nice to sip it while watching TV. All I'm missing is a good cigar but unfortunately my wife put a ban on that years ago!

Or as Junior Soprano put it,,,,"I wanna fuck Angie Dickinson...who's gonna get lucky?"..

Re: Alcohol - 01/27/19 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by hoodlum

Or as Junior Soprano put it,,,,"I wanna fuck Angie Dickinson...who's gonna get lucky?"..

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Re: Alcohol - 01/30/19 04:46 PM

A friend recently gave me a bottle of Pere Magloire, which is the class act of Calvados, a French apple brandy. Oh, is it good! Way better than other Calvados I've had, all of which taste faintly oily.

Re: Alcohol - 01/30/19 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Turnbull
A friend recently gave me a bottle of Pere Magloire, which is the class act of Calvados, a French apple brandy. Oh, is it good! Way better than other Calvados I've had, all of which taste faintly oily.

Man, that sound good. Nothing like a brandy or Cognac for a Winters evening.

Thanks T.

Re: Alcohol - 07/13/19 10:37 PM

Bacardi Carta Blanca tonight.

Re: Alcohol - 07/14/19 03:05 AM

Bacardi Carta Blanca tonight.

I like Bacardi out of the freezer, have not had it in a long while.
May try that next week.

Re: Alcohol - 09/08/19 02:01 AM

Bacardi Oakheart tonight pretty sweet..

Re: Alcohol - 09/09/19 01:49 AM

Old Pappy Bourbon.

Re: Alcohol - 10/13/19 12:30 AM

Vodka-7up. cool

Re: Alcohol - 10/13/19 07:44 PM

Just opened a bottle of Tincup Whiskey. Going to have a few beers later after dinner too.

Re: Alcohol - 01/03/20 01:29 AM

Was gifted some really good English Brown ale over Holidays and just had a few.

Now sipping a double neat of Jamesons.

Re: Alcohol - 01/03/20 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Was gifted some really good English Brown ale over Holidays and just had a few.

Now sipping a double neat of Jamesons.

Sounds delicious DP. Enjoy it my friend!

Re: Alcohol - 05/16/20 11:26 PM

I had a few Cuba Libres tonight. cool

[Linked Image]

Re: Alcohol - 05/20/20 01:14 AM

I had a few Cuba Libres tonight. cool

[Linked Image]

I love to target the hottest dog day of summer and store some of this in the freezer over night, take it out and do shots with it standing in a ice bucket in front of me afternoon and then nap.

Re: Alcohol - 09/06/20 01:33 AM

Drinking caribbean rum all night long. cool

[Linked Image]

Re: Alcohol - 09/10/20 07:28 PM

I am hearing of some Peanut Butter Whisky that is becoming very popular.... ever see it

PBW ScrewBall

[Linked Image]
Posted By: F_white

Re: Alcohol - 09/10/20 09:23 PM

Its nasty as hell.

Re: Alcohol - 09/10/20 10:52 PM

I am hearing of some Peanut Butter Whisky that is becoming very popular.... ever see it

PBW ScrewBall

[Linked Image]

I've seen it and had it. It's not bad, very sweet. There's another one called Skatterbrain Peanut Butter Whiskey. Think I may prefer the Skatterbrain to the Screwball honestly. Haven't bought a bottle of either yet though (just tried samples).

Re: Alcohol - 03/06/21 09:09 PM

We still have a curfew from 9 till 5, so we started with white rum early. blush

Re: Alcohol - 03/07/21 12:51 AM

That a boy Hollander. Enjoy!

Re: Alcohol - 03/07/21 01:50 AM

That a boy Hollander. Enjoy!

Cheers!!

Re: Alcohol - 03/07/21 03:28 AM

I like fine brandy. For years, my favorite cognac was Hennessy VSOP. But, ageing in the barrel is everything in Cognac (and Armagnac). The way it goes is: VS is two years in barrel, VSOP four years, XO is six years. Lately I've switched to Frapin Cognac VSOP. Their VSOP spends six years in barrel. and the extra age makes a big qualitative difference in their product.

Re: Alcohol - 05/02/21 12:43 AM

Caribbean rum tonight sweet!

Re: Alcohol - 05/06/21 01:13 PM

Caribbean rum tonight sweet!

I like that too, I'll take a bottle and place it in the freezer on a real hot day and sit outback sipping till the bottle gets warm.

Re: Alcohol - 12/02/22 12:30 AM

My Favorite Gift of the season has arrived and today was the first few of many in the Advent Beer Box

[Linked Image]

Re: Alcohol - 12/02/22 02:22 AM

Looks good, enjoy it DP!

Re: Alcohol - 12/03/22 02:16 AM

Looks good, enjoy it DP!

Thank you Brother.

Here is the one for today, it is a Smokey Roasted Brew.

[Linked Image]

Re: Alcohol - 12/03/22 02:27 AM

How is it?

Re: Alcohol - 04/01/23 10:16 PM

Cola-vieux tonight. A dutch cognac/brandy.
It was formerly referred to as "Dutch cognac" until that name was legally restricted to grape brandy from the Cognac region of France.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: Alcohol - 04/22/23 08:22 PM

Sippin' on some Tanqueray
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Alcohol - 04/23/23 06:23 AM

No more hard liquor for me frown something happened to me after that corona virus shit, meaning whenever I have a shot of whiskey or tequila, my heart starts bumping like crazy.

So now Im all about beer (almost every type and brand) and Im developing a beer belly like theres no tomorrow Lol. Even with all the training, weight lifting and swimming, its still there and it grows like I have an Alien in me LOl.

Some people told me to drink more water and the stomach will be gone....dont know how true is that or how good it is...because beer + water = me transferring all of my stuff in the toilet because Ill start peeing like an elephant every 5 minutes Lol

Re: Alcohol - 04/23/23 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Toodoped
No more hard liquor for me frown something happened to me after that corona virus shit, meaning whenever I have a shot of whiskey or tequila, my heart starts bumping like crazy.

So now Im all about beer (almost every type and brand) and Im developing a beer belly like theres no tomorrow Lol. Even with all the training, weight lifting and swimming, its still there and it grows like I have an Alien in me LOl.

Some people told me to drink more water and the stomach will be gone....dont know how true is that or how good it is...because beer + water = me transferring all of my stuff in the toilet because Ill start peeing like an elephant every 5 minutes Lol

Only a couple times per year for me, but also an avid beer drinker lol.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Alcohol - 04/23/23 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Toodoped

Only a couple times per year for me, but also an avid beer drinker lol.

LOL...u always made me laugh...and , as always , the best rare pics...glad ur back Toodoped..

Re: Alcohol - 07/04/23 11:15 PM

It has been a long time I had a Gin-Tonic, maybe this weekend. But I have to see most gins are too sweet for me.

Re: Alcohol - 07/04/23 11:28 PM

Ain't nothing better than some Tanqueray and tonic H

Re: Alcohol - 07/04/23 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Giacalone
Ain't nothing better than some Tanqueray and tonic H

Which one is your favorite?

[Linked Image]

Re: Alcohol - 07/05/23 12:08 AM

London dry all day. If you're not into the sweet crap, choose that one. It's the best of the London dry gins by a country mile and THE best gin in the world imo. Finish is long, accurately dry and just perfectly balanced. I love No. 10 too, but it's more of a Martini ingredient to me

Let me know if you try it. It's a go to for me

Re: Alcohol - 07/05/23 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Giacalone
London dry all day. If you're not into the sweet crap, choose that one. It's the best of the London dry gins by a country mile and THE best gin in the world imo. Finish is long, accurately dry and just perfectly balanced. I love No. 10 too, but it's more of a Martini ingredient to me

Let me know if you try it. It's a go to for me

Thanks

Re: Alcohol - 07/05/23 12:28 AM

You're welcome H

London dry is the original Tanqueray. Aside from London dry and No. 10, I don't even recognize the other brands. They're too fruity and nonsensical. They're messing with perfection. Imagine if they remade Heat or The Godfather wink

Re: Alcohol - 07/14/23 11:27 PM

I get a bottle today G let you know..

Re: Alcohol - 07/15/23 07:32 PM

Very nice G as a wodka drinker I can appreciate Tanqueray.
Gin and juice haha.

Re: Alcohol - 07/15/23 08:08 PM

Hollander, do you drink any bourbon? Was wondering how easy or hard it was to get certain bottles in your neck of the woods as opposed to here in the States?

Re: Alcohol - 07/15/23 10:35 PM

Hollander, do you drink any bourbon? Was wondering how easy or hard it was to get certain bottles in your neck of the woods as opposed to here in the States?

I had it a few times not regulary.

These are the bourbons my favorite liquor store here has.

https://www.gall.nl/whisky/bourbon/...2wE-EAAYASAAEgLz7_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Re: Alcohol - 07/16/23 12:01 AM

Thanks H. Didn't see anything I was looking for on there. Figured it was worth a shot!

Re: Alcohol - 07/18/23 08:28 PM

Today De Kuyper Vieux with Coca Cola. Old school !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_brandy

Re: Alcohol - 07/25/23 10:34 PM

The weather is not good these days but mixing some screwdrivers anyway!

Re: Alcohol - 07/25/23 10:34 PM

That a boy H, enjoy my friend!

Re: Alcohol - 07/25/23 11:34 PM

Thanks Irish, def enjoying my free days when I'm going back to work it will be probably hot again lol.
Next week will be a little more sun hopefully.

Re: Alcohol - 07/26/23 01:16 AM

Thanks Irish, def enjoying my free days when I'm going back to work it will be probably hot again lol.

Do you guys get 6 weeks vacation over there?

Re: Alcohol - 07/26/23 01:52 AM

Do you guys get 6 weeks vacation over there?

The schools 6 weeks, construction holiday is 3 weeks. I have only 2 and later I take another week.

Re: Alcohol - 07/26/23 11:32 PM

Oh ok. I thought for some reason there was a law in Europe that stated people must get 6 weeks vacation every year but obviously I'm mistaken.

Re: Alcohol - 07/26/23 11:54 PM

Oh ok. I thought for some reason there was a law in Europe that stated people must get 6 weeks vacation every year but obviously I'm mistaken.

Most people do build up hours to take later more days off.

Re: Alcohol - 07/27/23 12:19 AM

Are you able to carry over vacation from the year prior or is that up to the company if you can or not?

Re: Alcohol - 07/27/23 12:26 AM

Are you able to carry over vacation from the year prior or is that up to the company if you can or not?

To save them for next year is usually not the case so many people who still have hours left take free at the end of the year. But it differs what line of work you do. I know people who have three holidays (to Thailand, Turkey etc..) per year.

Re: Alcohol - 07/27/23 12:57 AM

That's what I'm saying. I've met Europeans on some of my vacations and I don't understand how they're able to travel so much but I thought someone said they got 6 weeks of vacation per year.

Re: Alcohol - 07/30/23 03:40 AM

Smirnoff tonight..
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Alcohol - 09/22/23 06:52 PM

Recently purchased two really great Bourbons that I am looking forward to enjoying. First bottle will be opened tonight. The other bottle is of slightly higher quality and extremely good which I plan on sampling this evening as well.

If anyone is curious as to which ones they are, they are known as Smoke Wagon Bourbon out of Las Vegas. The CO that makes them is Nevada H & C.

Re: Alcohol - 09/23/23 12:18 AM

Love SW. Great brand! Their Private Barrels are hard to come by. My favorite of their's is the Uncut Younger & Straight Bourbon. Curious as to your thoughts once you've tried them RS.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Alcohol - 09/23/23 02:25 AM

Relaxing tonight with some lager ordinaire, while Signora V. is enjoying her libation of choice: Jameson Black Barrel and ginger ale.

TGIF! [Linked Image]

Signor V.

Re: Alcohol - 09/24/23 06:02 PM

Having some Sam Octoberfest while watching the game.

Got a get a few in since I will be doing Sober October next month.

Re: Alcohol - 09/24/23 07:02 PM

Enjoy it DP. Can't wait for their Holiday White Ale to start coming out. That's my favorite of there's along with the Cherry Wheat.

Re: Alcohol - 09/29/23 10:51 PM

Enjoy it DP. Can't wait for their Holiday White Ale to start coming out. That's my favorite of there's along with the Cherry Wheat.

YES….very good,,,, did you ever find or taste their OLD FEZZIEWIG?
THAT IS MY FAV

Re: Alcohol - 09/30/23 05:00 PM

THAT IS MY FAV

Sam Adams Old Fezziewig? Yes, I've had it before in their Christmas variety packs.

Re: Alcohol - 10/02/23 12:01 AM

THAT IS MY FAV

Sam Adams Old Fezziewig? Yes, I've had it before in their Christmas variety packs.

Great stuff, I will load up on it once it comes out.
Had some Sam Octoberfest yesterday…

Day one Sober October….oooohFah

Re: Alcohol - 10/02/23 12:18 AM

Best of luck DP. I sober up in January/February. Try Sam Adams Holiday White Ale, it's my favorite of their offerings alongside their Cherry Wheat.

Re: Alcohol - 10/08/23 12:11 AM

Best of luck DP. I sober up in January/February. Try Sam Adams Holiday White Ale, it's my favorite of their offerings alongside their Cherry Wheat.

I have had them both and like them….. huge fail on sober Oct.
Drank last night at a dinner party and having a few right now watching reports out of Israel.

I will get back on it ( or off it) next week for the rest of the month

Re: Alcohol - 02/24/24 11:28 PM

Tonight Old Captain Rum pretty good ! grin

Old Captain brown rum is a powerful blend of different, authentic Jamaican rums. Old Captain brown has a soft character and a distinct aroma with fruit notes of apricot and plum. Drink it neat, on the rocks or in a mix and enjoy the round, sweet taste.

[Linked Image]

Re: Alcohol - 02/27/24 03:35 AM

I love Costco's Kirkland XO Cognac. It's a mix of Cognacs from 12 to 23 years old. Age is everything in Cognac, and this XO has it all over other XOs that are only aged for 6 years. Costs only about $55.

Re: Alcohol - 04/02/24 07:24 PM

I picked up a bottle of this white rum I like it pretty sweet taste and less "chemical" as Barcardi.
No idea who the producers are.

[Linked Image]

Re: Alcohol - 04/02/24 07:26 PM

I love Costco's Kirkland XO Cognac. It's a mix of Cognacs from 12 to 23 years old. Age is everything in Cognac, and this XO has it all over other XOs that are only aged for 6 years. Costs only about $55.

Not a big drinker of cognac but I like Hennessey.

Re: Alcohol - 04/02/24 08:23 PM

Hennessy was my favorite before I discovered the Costco brand. Hollander: FYI, Costco is a "warehouse" retail chain here that sells food, clothing, pharms, appliances, electronic, alcohol, etc. often in large lots. I often joke that you can buy extra virgin olive oil at Costco in 55-gallon drums. They have a lot of leverage over their suppliers, which is why they're the largest retailer of alcoholic beverages in the US, and can bring in wine and spirits under their "Kirkland" label. Some of their labeled wine and spirits are pretty good and very reasonably priced. How about you opening a Costco in the Netherlands? lol

Re: Alcohol - 04/02/24 09:33 PM

Hennessy was my favorite before I discovered the Costco brand. Hollander: FYI, Costco is a "warehouse" retail chain here that sells food, clothing, pharms, appliances, electronic, alcohol, etc. often in large lots. I often joke that you can buy extra virgin olive oil at Costco in 55-gallon drums. They have a lot of leverage over their suppliers, which is why they're the largest retailer of alcoholic beverages in the US, and can bring in wine and spirits under their "Kirkland" label. Some of their labeled wine and spirits are pretty good and very reasonably priced. How about you opening a Costco in the Netherlands? lol

I've never had the Kirkland brand bourbon as they don't sell it in my state. Have you had any of them and if so, what was your impression?

Re: Alcohol - 04/02/24 10:02 PM

My favorite cognac is the Louis XIII, but it's one of those bottles you only break out on special occasions. It's obscenely expensive. Pairs great with a maduro

Re: Alcohol - 04/03/24 06:33 AM

I've never had the Kirkland brand bourbon as they don't sell it in my state. Have you had any of them and if so, what was your impression?

No, I've never had them. I used to drink bourbon decades ago--JW Dant and Old Forester, both 100 proof, but brandies are my only spirits drinks now.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET