Home

Sopranos wedding?

Posted By: J Geoff

Sopranos wedding? - 03/02/07 08:23 AM

So, I apparently edit wedding videos now (in addition to everything else).
When I saw the following raw footage, I just couldn't help myself... what do you think?

PS - Don't watch this if you're hungry! (OMG, I wanna down that entire tray of calamari!!! )

Sopranos Wedding?

See, Miggie? Even a plug for Hilton!
Posted By: SC

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/02/07 08:31 AM

Did you notice the "GM" initials?

Thanks, buddy.... your editted "warning" came too late... I'm HUNGRY!
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/02/07 08:39 AM

If you saw that tray of calamari in full digital resolution, you'd insist on switching to the Hilton in North Arlington, NJ (where ever that is)! lol
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/02/07 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

If you saw that tray of calamari in full digital resolution, you'd insist on switching to the Hilton in North Arlington, NJ (where ever that is)! lol

North Arlington is about 15 miles or so north of East Rutherford. That's Don Smitty territory.

Geoff, if you really love fried Calamari, then you need to go to THIS PLACE Rocco's Calamari in Brooklyn.

May just be the best fried calamari that I've ever eaten.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/02/07 12:52 PM

Let's go. I'll skip the fried Calamari though.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/02/07 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
PS - Don't watch this if you're hungry! (OMG, I wanna down that entire tray of calamari!!! )

Doesn't matter - hungry or not, you will be after you watch the video!

And Geoff, you can have the calamari - that'll still leave enough for the rest of us!

Signor V.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/02/07 01:44 PM

Mmmmmm! :)I could really pig out!!!

I love calamari!! Geoff can't have it all!!!

TIS
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/02/07 06:53 PM

That reminds me of the cocktail hours at a place in the Bronx called the Marina Del Rey (how much you want to bet that PB's been to weddings there, as we complete our freakish twinning journey?).

It looked WONDERFUL!! And all those ice sculptures!! I bet they were a bloody fortune!!!
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/02/07 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

North Arlington is about 15 miles or so north of East Rutherford. That's Don Smitty territory.

"Pizzaland", from the opening of The Sopranos is also located there. It's actually about 5 miles from East Rutherford. ...If anyone cares.

Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/02/07 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
That reminds me of the cocktail hours at a place in the Bronx called the Marina Del Rey (how much you want to bet that PB's been to weddings there, as we complete our freakish twinning journey?).

It looked WONDERFUL!! And all those ice sculptures!! I bet they were a bloody fortune!!!

Are you kidding SB ? You don't even have to be a Bronx native to know the Marina !

Not just weddings either, a very dear family friend, held a springtime dance there every year. I even recall going to a Bar Mitvah there, for one of my boyhood Jewish friends, like 30 years ago.

Honestly though, over the years, Villa Barone has become just as good. Minus the views, of course.

I think I'll go to Joe and Joe's on Bruckner and Castle Hill for a beer. Oh wait, they closed almost 5 years ago !

Yeah SB, the old Bronx is a changin'

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/03/07 03:03 AM

Sure the Bronx is changing, but some old standbys will be there forever. Although who could ever picture the day that Anna's on City Island would close?

Marina del Rey had the most amazing cocktail hour that I've ever had the pleasure of grazing. And the Viennese Hour (I've only been to Viennese Hours at Italian weddings, so why aren't they called Italian Hours?) was usually pretty impressive, too.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/03/07 03:49 AM

Grazing SB ?

Their Viennese hour is unbelievable. Alex and Henry's in Eastchester used to put out a pretty good one, too, but they're gone now as well. I miss their carnevale.

Cocktail hour ? I gotta go with Maestro's, who even wanted dinner after that ? Except us Bronx wop grazers

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/03/07 04:00 AM

Oh, Alex and Henry's was great! But I always had a thing against it, as a one-time boyfriend dumped me after we attended a wedding there.

Grazing? Yes, I'm a buffet's worst nightmare.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/03/07 04:17 AM

I used to work at an all-you-can-eat buffet. The only trouble is the food was horrible. Still is, actually.

I wouldn't mind making a few rounds at the buffet displayed in that video, though...
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/03/07 04:36 AM

I'm in the process of picking the final menu for my wedding. So many choices, especially for the cocktail hour. People aren't going to want to eat the main course.

Valley Regency Menu
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/03/07 06:32 AM

I noticed two things in that video.

1. Was that a bowl of Mac-&-Cheese I saw?

2. What was with the levitating napkin on the bar? That was freaky!
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Sopranos wedding? - 03/05/07 07:58 PM

That was an awesome display of food!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET