Home

Soprano's Cookbook

Posted By: MaryCas

Soprano's Cookbook - 10/10/03 07:14 PM

I didn't find any reviews of the Soprano Cookbook on the board, so I thought I'd fill you in. According to a great cook that I know - my wife - it's fantastic, and I'll vouch for that. She has made several dishes and they have all been great: veal, sausage, even a fillet mignon. Nice, easy recipes, and a nice variety of flavors; garlic (of course), mushrooms, onions, peppers, the works. I recommend it as a gift, for yourself, spouse, mother or ?? It's also good reading.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Soprano's Cookbook - 10/11/03 01:28 PM

It does sound like an excellent resource for the kitchen and I plan to get it one day. I do actually think of myself as an ameture cook, learned everything I know from my mum.

Oh and i'm not fully sure but I think JG said he bought this book too, it was either this or Henry Hill cookbook.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Soprano's Cookbook - 10/12/03 06:31 PM

Thanks Mary Cas,

Even tho I do cook Italian food, there are many things I don't know how to make and would like to expand my knowledge. I may just suggest that for a Christmas present.

Btw, I know Zitti is big in the Soprano household. Unless, my mom made it and called it something else, I never had it. Either that or it is more of an "Italian" dish moreso than a Sicilian dish. I don't know.

TIS
Posted By: AngelaMarie

Re: Soprano's Cookbook - 10/15/03 11:33 AM

A Soprano cookbook? Where can you get this?

(I don't get HBO so I don't watch this show - have only seen it via Blockbuster videos). Also, how much it it? thanks.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Soprano's Cookbook - 10/16/03 03:49 AM

The Sopranos Family Cookbook (and Henry Hill's The Wiseguy Cookbook) can be found here (of course )
Posted By: Disaffected

Re: Soprano's Cookbook - 10/16/03 04:49 AM

Well I don't really know how to cook. I live off of sandwiches and microwavable foods. But learning to cook Italian food sounds like fun. Maybe I will but the cookbook. If all else fails I will burn the food and waste a few dollars.
Posted By: zo

Re: Soprano's Cookbook - 10/16/03 03:40 PM

to my surprise, there is a great sunday gavy recipe. all the recipes are extremely similar to my grandmothers. they all taste homemade. some are pretty hard to make tho. definently buy it.
Posted By: Luca Brasi

Re: Soprano's Cookbook - 10/16/03 03:58 PM

I was at the local bookstore and looked at both the cookbooks ( Henry Hill's, and Sopranos) they both have great recipe's and as much as I love to cook I'm anxious to try them. But the thought of looking like Clemenza after eating most of them turned me away from purchasing them.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Soprano's Cookbook - 10/17/03 07:19 PM

The Soprano dinner this past Wednesday:
Pasta and Broccili. My wife has made this dish many times, but this was the first time from the Soprano CB. By far the best. I asked what the difference was, not the ingredience, but the method. After the broccili and pasta were cooked, they were put in a big frying pan to simmer with leftover water from the pasta. I don't look like Clemenza...yet....but I could have this stuff for dessert.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Soprano's Cookbook - 10/17/03 07:45 PM

Hi Mary Cas,

I don't have the Soprano's CB, but have had pasta with broccoli many times as a kid. With a family of six my mom knew many different ways to prepare posta which is filling and goes a long way. All I'm sure have an authentic Italian name but I knew them as pasta with: Broccolli or peas or garlic & tomato, oil & garlic or even with butter (form of fettuccini). Mmmm. I'm making myself hungry now.

TIS
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET