Home

Tom Hagen

Posted By: DonPacino

Tom Hagen - 02/03/07 03:23 PM

**----SPOLIER----*

Mark Winegardener's novel The Godfather's Revenge, Tom Hagen is strapped to a seat of a car and driven into the swamp. I personally did not fall in love with this idea and would have like another ending for Tom. What ideas do you have about Tom Hagen's death?
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Tom Hagen - 02/03/07 04:47 PM

I agree. I thought that they way that Winegardner wrote about Tom being killed was just ridiculous and plain out stupid.

Personally I thought that he was going to take a heart attack when he was kidnapped by Geraci.

I would have liked it much better if Hagen had gone down in a hail of bullets or somehow died as a result of something Michael had sent him to do.

But the strapped to a car seat/drwoning bit was very boring and uneventful. Outright junk.

Don Cardi
Posted By: DonPacino

Re: Tom Hagen - 02/03/07 05:14 PM

I agree your idea about how Tom being shot. Maybe just to show the split between Michael and Tom, Michael sends Tom to negotiate with a temprmental person. Tom thinks it is dangerous but Michael doesn't, thus showing the last disagreement. Thanks for your reply DC.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Tom Hagen - 02/03/07 05:14 PM

It was a plot device more suited for a daytime soap opera than a major novel. I'm surprised that Winegardner didn't introduce us to Tom's evil twin. It wouldn't have surprised me.
There's an old and sometimes unfair saying, "those who can't do teach". Well, we know that Winegardner is a writing instructor at Florida State University, and in his case I'm afraid it's true. This man would be a total failure outside of the world of academia.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET