Home

Tramonti,Not enough Michael

Posted By: finsnasty84

Tramonti,Not enough Michael - 01/24/07 05:47 PM

There was not nearly enough Michael Corleone. Like FFC said the story was always based on Michael. This book was basically Nick Geraci, Tramonti and Hagen.

I just felt that this should have had more about Michael since he is the main character and is the one the Godfather legacy is based on.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Tramonti,Not enough Michael - 01/24/07 05:54 PM

And too much Johnny Fontane.

Don Cardi
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Tramonti,Not enough Michael - 01/24/07 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: finsnasty84
There was not nearly enough Michael Corleone. Like FFC said the story was always based on Michael. This book was basically Nick Geraci, Tramonti and Hagen.

I just felt that this should have had more about Michael since he is the main character and is the one the Godfather legacy is based on.

I really think that Winegardener may have had these new characters and storyline in mind for another book altogether. Then, when the opportunity presented itself, he just lumped in the Corleones. Almost as an after thought.
The very essence of capitalism, which is very ironic, because The Godfather has often been described as being a story about American capitalism gone awry.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Tramonti,Not enough Michael - 01/24/07 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I really think that Winegardener may have had these new characters and storyline in mind for another book altogether. Then, when the opportunity presented itself, he just lumped in the Corleones. Almost as an after thought.

I really think that you are 100% correct!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Tramonti,Not enough Michael - 01/26/07 05:35 AM

I would agree, Michael was hardly in the book! Maybe Winegardner figured since Michael is the central character of the movies he was going to show a different perspective. I would have liked to have had more about Michael in the book though.
Posted By: finsnasty84

Re: Tramonti,Not enough Michael - 02/06/07 09:21 PM

Yea I didnt really like GF:Revenge
Posted By: FredoCorleone

Re: Tramonti,Not enough Michael - 05/14/09 07:02 PM

Agreed, Tramonti was just a footnote in the first godfather book, just mentioned once, and then Winegardener tries to invent his own characterization for the guy, and write half the book about him, and other minor character.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET