Home

Movies to come?

Posted By: JustMe

Movies to come? - 11/13/06 07:41 PM

I heard that Paramount actually purchased rights to both Winegardner's books. We are to witness GF becoming a soap opera.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Movies to come? - 11/13/06 09:41 PM

Sure looks like it..

You never know,they could turn out to be the best films ever like the first 2......
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Movies to come? - 11/13/06 10:53 PM

I doubt it!

Re: Movies to come? - 11/13/06 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
I doubt it!

Me too but who knows..
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Movies to come? - 11/13/06 11:15 PM

Well if they ever do make another movie, I'll have to go see it. Being the GF freak I am.

Re: Movies to come? - 11/13/06 11:25 PM

I'll be there too,i think all true GF fans will go and see it,if it ever happens..
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Movies to come? - 11/14/06 09:03 PM

Quote:
i think all true GF fans will go and see it,if it ever happens..

That's what they count on, I guess.

Re: Movies to come? - 11/14/06 09:58 PM

And to attract new fans..lets hope where not dissapointed if it happens..

I would rather see the films carry on from GF3,not new stories/Scripts etc
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Movies to come? - 11/15/06 12:45 AM

Personally I think that if they decide to do this, they would be better off putting it on cable as a Mini series.

To put either of these books out as a major motion picture to the big screen, I believe that it would be a recipe for disaster because they would no longer would be able to cast the Pacinos, the Duvalls, etc. And the public would never accept these movies on the big screen as being legitimate Godfather movies.

However I do believe that if it were put out through cable as a mini series, they could then get away with re-casting the parts originally played by the Duvalls and the Pacinos. I think as a mini series it would be more accepted by the public as it would be looked upon as a continuation of the Godfather movies.

Don Cardi

Posted By: BDuff

Re: Movies to come? - 03/06/07 02:51 PM

HBO could do it with the Sopranos ending soon. I liked what they did with "Gotti" and I think they're best choice to make something like this.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Movies to come? - 03/06/07 08:58 PM

If that were the case, and I really hope it's not, I'd just assume see them re-make the original two movies as a mini-series first.

This way we could get used to other actors playing the Corleones before we see them in the 1960's, in between the events of parts 2 and 3. Because if they just re-cast it and call it The Godfather Part IV, there will be no continuity.

Best case scenario - They don't make it at all.

Re: Movies to come? - 03/06/07 10:03 PM

Agreed!
Posted By: DonRobertoCorleone

Re: Movies to come? - 03/13/07 04:37 PM

I think Pacino could still pass ( with make up ) for a Micheal Corleone between 1960-1979.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Movies to come? - 03/23/07 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: BDuff
HBO could do it with the Sopranos ending soon.

I believe that they will be starting a new series, once the Sopranos ends, about Las Vegas.

Re: Movies to come? - 03/23/07 02:45 PM

That would be good, but I also hold out hope for a "Westies" series, since "The Black Donnelys" is an average show that is VERY tame and kinda well...boring.
Posted By: DonRobertoCorleone

Re: Movies to come? - 03/23/07 07:45 PM

I think that the books could be a bit of a catalyst for a 4th Godfather movie. The movie should not be based on the books entirely but only certain things. Like Micheal's involvement with the president.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Movies to come? - 03/23/07 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By: BDuff
That would be good, but I also hold out hope for a "Westies" series, since "The Black Donnelys" is an average show that is VERY tame and kinda well...boring.

T.J. English's THE WESTIES is finally being developed for the big screen under the working title of EMERALD CITY, for a 2008 release.

Re: Movies to come? - 03/23/07 10:03 PM

Yeah I saw that too, though "State of Grace" seemed to be a lot like the "Westies" already. I will definetly see it though.
Posted By: jpierre

Re: Movies to come? - 07/16/07 05:04 PM

I guarentee otherwise
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Movies to come? - 07/29/07 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Personally I think that if they decide to do this, they would be better off putting it on cable as a Mini series.

To put either of these books out as a major motion picture to the big screen, I believe that it would be a recipe for disaster because they would no longer would be able to cast the Pacinos, the Duvalls, etc. And the public would never accept these movies on the big screen as being legitimate Godfather movies.

However I do believe that if it were put out through cable as a mini series, they could then get away with re-casting the parts originally played by the Duvalls and the Pacinos. I think as a mini series it would be more accepted by the public as it would be looked upon as a continuation of the Godfather movies.

Don Cardi 8)

What he said.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Movies to come? - 07/29/07 11:05 PM

I disagree. First of all I don't want these movies made. Or if they did make them there would have to be some big changes. But mini-series' are always cheap with bad music and lame acting. I want the money that a studio movie would come along with and while the re-casting would be a big issue, I think it could be done creatively.

Afterall, basing something on these books, whether it be a mini-series or a film, is going to be a bad idea.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Movies to come? - 08/04/07 11:20 PM

As much as I would probably enjoy a well made and well acted GFIV, I think they should leave well enough alone like they should have stopped after Star Trek IV. Also, there's the chance that they would make at least part of it in the current era and that cheapens it. For example, in GFIII, because that took place in the 70s, the guys in black leather jackets was a real turn-off.

I'd much rather enjoy an I, Robot sequel.
Posted By: JMDII

Re: Movies to come? - 08/17/07 01:53 AM

I will pray each night that they do not try a GF remake as has become the fad in hollywood. I also pray that if they do it will be GFIV the way Puzo and Coppola had discussed and not based on the new books which are piles of s***. I wouldn't be too upset with Garcia returning as Vincent as Don with a possible inner family struggle maybe with Sonny's other children or Connies son (Micheal's godson) battling for family control with some scenes of Micheal retired in Sicily.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Movies to come? - 09/09/07 04:27 AM

Man, I just got over a really bad time. I come over here, and see this shit!?! Oh G-d, man, thanks a lot, I'm going to crawl back in my hole now haha \:p
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Movies to come? - 09/19/07 03:19 PM

Lets hope not.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET