Home

Just started "Returns"......

Posted By: NickGeraci

Just started "Returns"...... - 02/11/11 05:56 AM

I recently was lucky enough to find a, actually 2 Hardcover editions of 'Godfather Returns' at a thrift store (probabbly no surprise to most members here) I bought the "larger print' edition..... Long story short, I started backwards as I came across 'Revenge' this past summer, and finished it within a week. I am 4 chapters in and actually enjoying it. I really enjoyed 'Revenge', however that was before coming across this forum. As I got more into this website I obviously saw many members discontent with Winegartner altogether, therefore somewhat changing my outlook on reading 'Returns'. It didn't. I think its a good read so far!
Posted By: Hagens_Heroes

Re: Just started "Returns"...... - 03/03/11 04:15 AM

I've also just started it. I got a gift card and was able to download it onto my Nook.

I'm keeping my expectations down, because I've heard it's not up to Puzo's standards, but so far I haven't been disappointed!

Re: Just started "Returns"...... - 03/08/11 02:52 AM

cool, it's rsre to find a member who enjoy the book, despit the neative opinions from most users. Have you read "revenge" yet?
Posted By: Hagens_Heroes

Re: Just started "Returns"...... - 03/12/11 06:42 PM

I haven't read Revenge yet, though I do have a bit of a general idea of what happens in both books. I don't mind general spoilers and they don't really interfere with the reading experience for me, but I decided to read "Returns" before I decide to move on to "Revenge."

Still enjoying it, even if I have a few quibbles. It's well-written so far.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Just started "Returns"...... - 10/26/11 07:22 PM

I have been on a Godfather kick lately, short of watching the movies. I read the unused scripts for Part III and have been working on my Part IV script again. Now I'm thinking about re-reading Returns and Revenge and giving them another chance 7 years after the initial disappointment of reading them.

Re: Just started "Returns"...... - 07/31/12 09:49 PM

Its been a while since i picked it up (Returns) after the first couple chapters it really Dragged on....... however last week i picked it up again started over and am now on the latter half of the novel. I must say through the almost boring parts, and my fear of what its leading to, i am really enjoying the read. I still think Revenge was better, however 'Returns' is much more "Well Written"......

Re: Just started "Returns"...... - 07/31/12 09:51 PM

Your script is very, very good sir. Ive added it to my personal 'canon'
Posted By: djdt77

Re: Just started "Returns"...... - 12/27/14 07:05 AM

i have just started it and so far its seems pretty good,i found the parts with Kay and Michael a little boring but im optimistic,i have read some books in the past that recieved terrible reviews and found them to be good so i always try to keep an open mind
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET