Home

The Corleone Code

Posted By: dontomasso

The Corleone Code - 05/18/06 06:05 PM

After Jesus and Mary Magdeline got married, they didnt go to France, they went to Sicily where they settled in a mountaintop village. They named themselves and the town "Corleone."

Here is but a small sampling of clues to the Corleone Code:

1. The name is a play on the Latin words "Heart of a Lion" And indeed Jesus preached "the lion shall lie down with the lamb" and he was all heart.

2. The greatest crusader of the middle ages was Richard "THE LION HEARTED" Coincidence? I think not!

3. When it is said Puzo and FFC were "inspired" to make these films do not take that lightly.

4. The two loyal sons are named Santino (Little Saint) and Michael (Archangel).

5. The disloyal one Fredo (a play on the word freddo meaning "cold") is saved because he says a hail mary at the hour of his death.

6. The Daughter, Constanzia (Constance) shows how a life of innocence, sinfulness and redemption can be led.

7. Six of the seven sacrements are depicted. There is not a confirmation shown but there is:

Communion - Beginning of GFII
Confession - GF III (and to a cardinal no less)
Ordination - Referred to in GF III
Marriage - Beginning and Midle of GFI
Baptism - End of GF I
Last rites - To Genco in the cut scene

8. The so called "Mafia," which is now corrupted, began as "Cosa Nostra" ("our thing") which of course bound everyone who was in on the secret by the vow of OMERTA.

9. The ressurection has two key references -- the first is oblique "Five shots and he's still alive" and the second not so much -- the opera scene in GFIII.

10. The close connection with the Catholic Church and the not so indirect role Michael has in cleaning it up show what bloodline he comes from.

11.The title GOD FATHER is a play on words...God is the Father of the Corleones literally!

12. There are three movies (like the trinity).

I could go on, but I invite fellow posters to come up with more clues.
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: The Corleone Code - 05/18/06 10:25 PM

Wow.... that's... deep. I don't think there's as much of a connection as you are pointing out; it's a coincidence if you ask me. However, this is some VERY good insight and you do have some very valid points.
Posted By: Joeybats

Re: The Corleone Code - 05/29/06 05:34 PM

Michael( the Archangel) marries a non believer, Kay ( a Protestant) and nothing good comes out of their marriage...a daughter who lies with a cousin and is destroyed for her sins....a son who is a disappointment, planned to folow his father into glory, but instead is poisoned in thought by the unbeliever and becomes an entertainer, able only to follow his father in a mocking, shadowed version of his life on stage.
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: The Corleone Code - 05/29/06 11:24 PM

Are you being serious or is this a joke because it doesn't make any sense to me?
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: The Corleone Code - 05/29/06 11:32 PM

That's actually pretty neat.

Re: The Corleone Code - 05/30/06 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Toni_corleone:
Are you being serious or is this a joke because it doesn't make any sense to me?
Doesnt make sense??? You are kidding.
Posted By: Jimmy Buffer

Re: The Corleone Code - 05/30/06 06:01 PM

Impressive, DT. Even more impressive since it obviously went right over most people's heads.
Posted By: Mr. Bobby Fontaine

Re: The Corleone Code - 06/05/06 03:19 PM

Wow...that's the most interesting damned thing I've had put before me in...however long it's been since I've read DaVinci Code!!

EXCELLENT. Wait'll the fellas at work get a load of this one...

DonTomasso, you're a genius (coming from a new guy here). Thanks.

Re: The Corleone Code - 06/08/06 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffer:
Impressive, DT. Even more impressive since it obviously went right over most people's heads.
Yes it seems to have. I was hoping people would add more "clues."
Posted By: Walter Mosca

Re: The Corleone Code - 07/18/06 07:37 PM

DVC - Da Vinci Code or Don Vito Corleone?

Re: The Corleone Code - 07/26/06 08:38 PM

JC Jesus Christ or John Cazale?
Posted By: Ice

Re: The Corleone Code - 08/24/06 10:03 PM

great post don tomasso.

but i think the fact that the corleones are a bunch of killers(not murderers mind u), but killers indeed, excludes them from god's circle....in the very famous novel 'crime and punishment' the author (fyodor dostoevsky), is of the opinion that murder is never acceptable no matter how wretched and worthless the victim may be. obviously a lot us stand firmly against voiding any life, or dont believe that god would ever tolerate it either....dostoevsky's crime and punishment and tolstoy's war and peace came out within 5 yrs of one another and are said to offer differing views on this subject of killing. PERHAPS FANS OF GF SHOULD BE DIVIDED INTO THESE TWO CAMPS.
Posted By: La Cosa Nostra

Re: The Corleone Code - 10/07/06 04:58 PM

Might be a stretch, but Frank "Frankie Five Angels" Pentangeli. Angels that we know of in the Bible: Michael, Gabriel, Lucifer, the Angel of the LORD (May be God Himself, but just go with me on this) and the other angels that we don't have names for, which I'm counting as group 5.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: The Corleone Code - 10/22/06 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Walter Mosca
DVC - Da Vinci Code or Don Vito Corleone?

by the way Leonardo Da Vinci was a huge fan of the Godfather movies

Re: The Corleone Code - 10/24/06 01:53 PM

Yeah and his namesake Leonardo Di Caprio is often mentioned for a role in a Godfather remake.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: The Corleone Code - 10/24/06 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Yeah and his namesake Leonardo Di Caprio is often mentioned for a role in a Godfather remake.

Somepeople would call that a coincidence...
Coincidence?
I don't think so...
Posted By: Mr. Bobby Fontaine

Re: The Corleone Code - 12/26/06 01:02 PM

And when Vito Andolleni (and his son, Paulo--like the apostle) insult and then swear revenge against Ciccio, the local pezzonovante (and quite a Pharisee in my reckoning), they are crucified.

It is the remaining son who "returns" to redeem them. Neat stuff.

Re: The Corleone Code - 12/28/06 04:58 PM

And in a twist, Michael who, at the casket of Don Tomassino, asks God to redeem him by promising to "sin no more," does get redeemed but the sacrifice is the blood of MARY.
Posted By: olivant

Re: The Corleone Code - 12/30/06 02:40 AM

And, of course, the title itself: God (the) father who makes us an offer we can't refuse.

Young Vito is spirited out of Corleone by a donkey; Jesus rides into Jerusalem on a donkey

The Corleones are dead, but suddenly resurrected;

Upon Peter the rock Jesus builds his church; upon Peter the caporegime, Vito builds his crime family.

Tessio betrays Michael; Judas betrays Jesus.

It goes on and on!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The Corleone Code - 12/31/06 03:22 AM

Wow, Olivant. My Catholic guilt kept me from taking part in this forum but what you just wrote is spooky !
Posted By: Pete_Clemenza

Re: The Corleone Code - 04/13/08 01:12 AM

I think there are to many clues to call it a coincidence, either way though this is an interesting read.

Re: The Corleone Code - 04/17/08 04:12 PM

And of course both stories invlve intrigue within the Vatican itself.
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: The Corleone Code - 07/10/08 12:42 PM

Someone had Da Vinci on the brain

Re: The Corleone Code - 07/25/08 02:51 PM

Jesus turns water into wine, Clemenza turns wine into spaghetti sauce.
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: The Corleone Code - 07/25/08 07:26 PM

lol clap

Re: The Corleone Code - 07/29/08 02:32 PM

Jesus multiplied the fishes, Lucca sleeps with them.

Re: The Corleone Code - 08/01/08 03:39 PM

Both Jesus and Michael suffered at the hands of Romans.
Posted By: olivant

Re: The Corleone Code - 05/24/09 04:26 PM

Actually, Dan Brown and Oliver Stone collaborated on a movie that went right to video entitled The Corleone Code. The Code is written on little pieces of paper apparently by Luca Brasi. If you read them haltingly and backwards they predict among other things the coming of the drug trade, RICO, John Gotti, Joe Bonanno's book, Rudy Giuliani, the emergence of Russian gangs, and (this is really startling) this Board. But what is really scary is they purport to contain the words of the last Board post by the last surviving Board member. Unfortunately, they don't say who the last member will be.
Posted By: Alive4Kill

Re: The Corleone Code - 05/26/09 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Jesus turns water into wine, Clemenza turns wine into spaghetti sauce.

I loved this one lol clap
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET