Home

Gardner Shaw??

Posted By: Horses Head

Gardner Shaw?? - 03/16/06 08:52 PM

Hi everyone

I have just recently rejoined the site, after an absence of a few years, glad to see it is still thriving!!

Anyway, I have just finished The Lost Years, and one thing sticks out for me as odd. Sorry if this has already been discussed and dealt with, but anyway...

In the novel, we read that Sonny's daughter, Francesca, meets Billy Van Arsdale at college, and eventually marries him (and kills him..). However, in the movie, Part II, in the trilogy, Francesca introduces her fiancee to Michael as Gardner Shaw, and asks for his blessing. My point is, why did Winegardner not keep the name of Francescas fiancee/husband as Gardner Shaw - a similar enough character in the movie to Van Arsdale in the book, what with 'being a major stockholder in the family corporation' etc.

Thanks for reading my first (new) post!!
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Gardner Shaw?? - 03/16/06 10:27 PM

Looks like Mark Winegardner never viewed 'The Saga' prior to writing GF Returns.

Either that or he figured his brilliant writing would make us forget all about those 'deleted scenes'.

Apple
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Gardner Shaw?? - 03/18/06 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Either that or he figured his brilliant writing would make us forget all about those 'deleted scenes'.
Apple
Brilliant writing
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Gardner Shaw?? - 03/19/06 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Horses Head:
I have just recently rejoined the site, after an absence of a few years, glad to see it is still thriving!!
Welcome back, but, you do realize (after many pleas not to during the sign-up process) that you didn't have to create a new account......
Posted By: Black Hand

Re: Gardner Shaw?? - 03/19/06 09:22 PM

OK, Black Hand is back - time to whack Horses Head, he's small potatoes!!
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Gardner Shaw?? - 03/19/06 09:33 PM

He's been wacked! Welcome back...
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: Gardner Shaw?? - 03/27/06 05:10 AM

Quite a leave of absence there.

Welcome back.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET