Home

Tom Hagen "made his bones"

Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 10/19/05 04:02 PM

Well, At least not everything is bad, Tom Hagen finally made his bones killing Louis Russo from the Chicago Outfit, I tought he was uncapable to kill!
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 10/19/05 06:15 PM

While I have to agree that scene was pretty good, it was completely IMO out of character for Hagen to do, and therefore just added to the idiocy of that entire book. I cannot in any capacity imagine the character of Tom Hagen "making his bones" and killing someone.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 10/22/05 02:58 AM

I agree. Hagen was involved with making decisions. He wasn't supposed to see any of the "action."

But then again, Micheal wasn't either.

Oh well, best to forget this book ever existed.

In that case, Hagen never did make his bones.

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 10/22/05 02:37 PM

Well, I agree and I don`t at time, in the real life I guess all the consiglieres had made their bones to become a made man. To be a consigliere you have to be a made man.
And be happy with Tom Hagen, he killed a boss, not a small thing eh?
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 10/23/05 10:55 PM

Tom was German-Irish, he could never be "made." He was supposed to be handling the family's legal buisness at the time, so WTF is doing killing a boss? Idiocy. :rolleyes:

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 10/23/05 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
Tom was German-Irish, he could never be "made." He was supposed to be handling the family's legal buisness at the time, so WTF is doing killing a boss? Idiocy. :rolleyes:
Yes, I know but when I meant he "made his bones" I said he finally did something really big. Not many people dare to do that.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 10/24/05 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[b] Tom was German-Irish, he could never be "made." He was supposed to be handling the family's legal buisness at the time, so WTF is doing killing a boss? Idiocy. :rolleyes:
Yes, I know but when I meant he "made his bones" I said he finally did something really big. Not many people dare to do that. [/b][/quote]Well making his bones means his first act of murder, I believe.
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 10/28/05 10:18 PM

That's generally what it means.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 11/10/05 10:06 PM

Tom was not on the muscle end of the family
Posted By: Dominic Corleone

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 02/13/06 03:02 AM

true - normally Consigliori (spelled in the book) was meant to be an old aged Sicilian - but tom wasnt - that why the other families called it the irish gang.
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 02/13/06 03:13 AM

I thought it was cool to see Tom kill someone but didn't fit his character very much

and I might be mistaking but I think in the orginial book Tom was just Irish not german-irish like in the movie dunno tho my eyes aren't so good I could have read it wrong plus its been three years since I read the book
Posted By: Sonnyboy

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 12/10/07 01:15 AM

Tom Hagen is dead also in the Godfather revenge he was killed. That's what I read.
Posted By: Sonnyboy

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 12/10/07 01:15 AM

Tom Hagen is dead also in the Godfather revenge he was killed. That's what I read.
Posted By: Don_Staltavano

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 03/26/08 03:13 PM

It was pretty cool to find out that Tom Killed Louis Fuckface Russio
Posted By: DiMaggio68

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 07/16/09 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Andrew
Tom was German-Irish, he could never be "made." He was supposed to be handling the family's legal buisness at the time, so WTF is doing killing a boss? Idiocy. rolleyes

True that!!!!! He was the consigliere in the first Godfather movie, but when Michael Corleone became the boss he kicked him down to just an associate.

The LCN law used to be that you had to be full blooded Italian to be a made member. But now it changed. They got mafia members like John "Junior" Gotti of the Gambino's who is 3/4 Italian. Also Frank Salamme, Sr. was half Irish and became a family boss. His son Frank was even made, and he only had 1/4 Italian blood. Andy Campos of the Gambino's is half Puerto Rican and a family capo. These days you gotta at least have 25% Italian blood to get made. But you gotta put in more dirt then other associates and/or have a family member that is a made guy.
Posted By: FredoCorleone

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 08/31/09 03:56 PM

A consigliere kill the most powerful boss at the time, w/out ANY help?! Remember, Russo at the timeframe was supposeddly the no.1 don at the time, and he goes on a ferry with only 2 guards and is taken down by Hagen and a ferry operator. This is why I hate GFR. WOrst book ive ever read.
Posted By: Crooked

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 11/28/09 06:10 PM

Tom Hagan wasn't snap.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 03/05/10 11:20 PM

While Tom Hagen was no "Button man" he could be pretty ruthless. Remember when he had that prostitute murdered so they could manipulate Senator Geary
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 04/08/10 09:48 PM

Anyone can tell someone to kill somebody. That doesnt make him ruthless.

ds
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Tom Hagen "made his bones" - 09/28/10 08:48 PM

But Tom Hagen did not only order someone to do it, he was also present at the scene.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET