Home

Just Wondering

Posted By: Moscarelli

Just Wondering - 05/24/05 03:08 AM

As many people here would definately agree, The Godfather Returns sucked. I could list the reasons, but, it would be pointless.

Well, I was just wondering, if this could be like another The Godfather III. What I mean is, okay, sure a lot of people on this board do not like the movie. But it definately has a bigger fanlist then Winegardner's slaughter of a novel. However, all who liked the third movie, including me, would agree, that it got much better the second, third, fourth time around. I am really down and out that this book was such a failure and I thought that maybe if I read the original again, and then read Winegardner's, maybe, it'd be a little better.

Anyone ever think of this/tried it/think its a good idea?
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Just Wondering - 05/24/05 12:18 PM

Its Ok watching the film 3 or 4 times,but i dout any body will give the book another read
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Just Wondering - 05/24/05 01:51 PM

You still notice the flaws each time you watch Part III. You even pick up on more in some cases.

Considering that 95% of TGR is one big flaw, I don't see this happening.

Also, since Part III is 170 minutes, there's less of a time committment. Some people, myself included, took months to read TGR. I don't see anyone wanting to waste another few months of their lives humping through this book again.

Best to forget it ever happened and move on with life.

Re: Just Wondering - 05/24/05 08:56 PM

Yeah, I guess you guys are right. Just trying to be a little optimistic...oh well...
Posted By: SlimTrashman

Re: Just Wondering - 05/24/05 10:08 PM

it took you months to read?
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Just Wondering - 05/25/05 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SlimTrashman:
I sense sarcasm. I HOPE, for your sake, there is.

Re: Just Wondering - 05/30/05 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SlimTrashman:
My God, if I didn't force myself to turn the pages so hard, and just read it when I enjoyed it, I think it'd be impossible to ever finish...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET