Home

I just finshed it

Posted By: Don Andrew

I just finshed it - 05/17/05 02:10 AM

It usually takes me about a week or two at most to finish books. GFR took me four months ! It was slow, uninteresting, and altogether really stunk. I was looking forward to reading it, too.

The only parts I really found interesting were some of the parts about Michael's early life. Otherwise, horrible book. I guess most of this board was right, this book SUCKS . I really disliked the whole Geraci storyline, TOM HAGEN making HIS bones ? Hardly believable, since he was running for public office at the time. The Fredo situation was something I didn't really care for. Johnny Fontane? Boring. ( As always... :rolleyes: ) Something I also didn't care for was showing how the Corleone enemies were planning against them...

Overall (out of Five oranges): 1/2

SUCKS

But I guess I'm just repeating what everyone on this board has been saying...
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: I just finshed it - 05/17/05 01:19 PM

I agree with all points. I remember thinking as I was reading the backstory to the Tessio killing (one the best parts of the book) I was thinking, oh man this is going to be great if I keep getting backstory like this... but sadly I was wrong. After that scene ended, 95% of the rest of the book was total crap.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: I just finshed it - 05/23/05 09:35 PM

I agree with Don Andrew especially over the fact that it was possibly the book that i was most looking forward to reading EVER....yet it was a struggle to read & left me feeling totally flat!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET