Home

Continuity Issues

Posted By: marlon orange

Continuity Issues - 02/22/05 04:46 AM

I'm about 2/3 through the book and am shocked to see that there are blatant contradictions to the first novel and the movies. The obvious one is that Winegardner changed the school Michael went to from Darmouth to Columbia. I haven't seen such an inaccurate depiction of the world Puzo created since Peter Biskind's "The Godfather Companion."

Are there any other continuity issues??
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Continuity Issues - 02/23/05 03:31 AM

Oh yeah there's a lot more of em.I dont have the book in front of my but there is a place where Johnny says he doesnt care whats in the bag, that a lot of guys would have opened it, but he didnt care. In the next sentence, he opens the bag
Good luck w/ the book :p
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Continuity Issues - 03/01/05 05:06 PM

Lots of issues. The idea that Kay had an affair while Mike ws in Sicily is ludicrous. Kay was pining for Mike the whole time as evidenced by the fact that she came to New York unannounced and tried to get Tom Hagen to accept a letter for Mike.

Also, this book posits that Mike was already into running drugs while he was still learning the family business from his father. Mike would never have gone behind the Don's back and done such a thing.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET