Home

Possible Christmas Present

Posted By: Patches

Possible Christmas Present - 12/07/04 02:01 AM

I'm guessing alot of you guys didn't enjoy the book? I myself have to try it out. I think my mom is going to give this to me as a Christmas gift. It still, even though its getting pretty much trashed everywhere, has to be givin the Patchie sticker of approval. I can't wait to get this book. It doesn't look like a classic, by any means, but it does look like an entertaining read .
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Possible Christmas Present - 12/07/04 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patches:
... but it does look like an entertaining read .
Thats where you go wrong. It is anyting but entertainment. If you even consider yourself a Godfather fan (which I'm sure you do) you will find yourself utterly appauled. Though I do commend you for giving it a shot
Posted By: Patches

Re: Possible Christmas Present - 12/08/04 02:17 AM

Aww DSC, is it really that bad? :p .
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Possible Christmas Present - 12/08/04 02:33 AM

Oh it is. Its worse than that
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: Possible Christmas Present - 12/08/04 04:14 PM

I second Don Sonny on this one... I mean, you can judge it for yourself and give it a shot, but just the way Winegardner writes is pathetic. He basically tries to imitate Puzo and fails miserably at it.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Possible Christmas Present - 12/08/04 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by waynethegame:
.....the way Winegardner writes is pathetic. He basically tries to imitate Puzo and fails miserably at it.
I have to disagree with you there.

I don't think the style was at all imitative of Puzo's, which is one of the main reasons I didn't like the book.

I think if Winegardner had been more "Puzo-ish", GFR would have been a much better read.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET