Home

Another NPR interview

Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Another NPR interview - 11/21/04 12:26 AM

My mother emailed this to me this morning.
Fred-o? Fon-tan? Then he goes on the butcher the Tessio-Tom scene, cant fathom why "the most emotional killing was done offscreen" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and last but not least,says he doesnt want to creat any discrepancies.
BTW- This isnt the book to brag that you wrote it at "the top of your game"

Winegardener Interview
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Another NPR interview - 11/21/04 12:37 AM

Good. Looks like it's bombing. Probably won't, overall. I hope it does.

Mick
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Another NPR interview - 11/21/04 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Good. Looks like it's bombing. Probably won't, overall. I hope it does.

Mick
Capo,

Have you read it yet?

Don Cardi
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Another NPR interview - 11/21/04 02:24 AM

I just received mine Friday. I have started to read it and almost have 100 pages down. Didn't want to go to the spoiler thread yet tho. Don't know how far everyone else is into it.

So far.......not too bad really, but the story/stories are just developing. Can't give an overall review of course, til I finish it.

TIS
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Another NPR interview - 11/21/04 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I just received mine Friday. I have started to read it and almost have 100 pages down. Didn't want to go to the spoiler thread yet tho. Don't know how far everyone else is into it.

So far.......not too bad really, but the story/stories are just developing. Can't give an overall review of course, til I finish it.

TIS
TIS,

I am exactly where you are in the book. I also feel the same way as you do. How can anyone pass judgement if they haven't even read the book?
We were discussing this last night and we agreed that the problem with all of us members here is that basically we are Godfather Afecionatos, and we know all the little details that the average reader does not. So therefore we agreed that we should first read the book with an open mind, and then after we are finished, we can give our opinions on it.

Don Cardi
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Another NPR interview - 11/21/04 07:36 AM

Thanks for the link, DSC!

I'm glad my interview w/ him wasn't recorded, cuz my questions weren't as good as the NPR guy's -- altho, I surely would've pronounced the names correctly!

But Winegardner pronounces "Geraci" as Gher-assy? The character is Italian, right? Gey-RAH-chi!!!
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Another NPR interview - 11/21/04 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
we agreed that we should first read the book with an open mind, and then after we are finished, we can give our opinions on it.
Then we can pick it apart.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET