Home

My book arrived today.

Posted By: Just Lou

My book arrived today. - 11/17/04 03:43 PM

Thanks Amazon.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/17/04 04:12 PM

Just Lou,

I ordered from Amazon as well. It shipped yesterday, so I am hoping by Friday I will have it. Did you order overnight delivery? BTW, I am getting hardcover. Is there a paperback as well?

TIS
Posted By: Beth E

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/17/04 04:14 PM

My sister ordered hers off of the Barnes and Noble site. I'm thinking about walking to the Barnes and Noble store downtown here and seeing if I can pick it up, instead of having to wait to order it online. I might break down and buy some other books as well, maybe The Sicilian and The Godfather Legacy. I'll just think of them as Christmas gifts for myself beings I've been a good girl this year.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/17/04 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
I'll just think of them as Christmas gifts for myself beings I've been a good girl this year.
Are you sure you have been a good girl

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/17/04 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Just Lou,

I ordered from Amazon as well. It shipped yesterday, so I am hoping by Friday I will have it. Did you order overnight delivery? BTW, I am getting hardcover. Is there a paperback as well?

TIS
I chose their "free supersaver shipping"($25 purchase). The book was shipped from Delaware to NJ so I got it in 2 days.
I don't believe the paperback is out yet.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/17/04 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DE NIRO:
[quote]Originally posted by Beth E:
[b] I'll just think of them as Christmas gifts for myself beings I've been a good girl this year.
Are you sure you have been a good girl [/b][/quote]Positive!! *crosses fingers behind her back.*

But then, your idea of good may differ from my idea of good.

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/18/04 12:41 AM

I've already made it through the first 5 chapters. So far, I'm pretty neutral to whether this is a great book or a bad book. Any GF fan will have a lot to absorb with this book. There is a lot going on in the
short, 3 year time frame this book takes place.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/18/04 12:49 AM

^^^ Just wait it gets worse. A big dissapointment, in my opinion.

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/18/04 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
The things bothering most are: so many new characters that aren't in parts 1 and 2, and everyone else taking on personas that they didn't have in 1 and 2.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/18/04 01:40 AM

Quote:
What did I tell ya? I already knew it would be a disapointment...

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/18/04 01:42 AM

Mickey, of course it would. The first thing I thought when I heard about a new Godfather bok was "Oh God, this guy is going to royally fuck up the Corleones" but what sort of guy would I be if I didnt give it a chance.

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/18/04 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
[b] ^^^ Just wait it gets worse. A big dissapointment, in my opinion.
What did I tell ya? I already knew it would be a disapointment... [/b][/quote]This probably makes no sense, but I am enjoying reading the book, even though I don't really like what I'm reading.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/18/04 07:17 PM

The 2 books I ordered came in today. GF Returns and the GF Legacy. I'm so happy. I don't know which one to read first.
Posted By: Rocky

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/18/04 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
[quote]Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
[b] ^^^ Just wait it gets worse. A big dissapointment, in my opinion.
What did I tell ya? I already knew it would be a disapointment... [/b][/quote]This probably makes no sense, but I am enjoying reading the book, even though I don't really like what I'm reading. [/b][/quote]That makes sense to me. I'm really enjoying the book, but have found myself getting a little aggrivated at times about some of the things happening.

I keep telling myself that this is just someone's idea of what happens during those "lost years" and not what Puzo wrote.

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/18/04 09:51 PM

It seems that when you start reading a chapter and the name 'Francesca Corleone' appears, if you skip to the next chapter it improves the book greatly.

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/18/04 11:57 PM

She is the Lucy of this new book

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/19/04 12:24 AM

Quote:
She is the Lucy of this new book It is a somewhat entertaining read, if you dont think of the characters as the Corleones.
I'm 1/2 way through the book. Maybe it's just me, but I could care less about Sonny's kids. So far, not only haven't they added anything to the book, they bring the story to complete stop.
Posted By: SC

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/19/04 12:35 AM

So we don't "ruin it" for anyone who hasn't read the book yet, please post anything storyline related in the "Spoiler" thread.

(I'm with you guys, though, about Sonny's daughter).

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/19/04 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
So we don't "ruin it" for anyone who hasn't read the book yet, please post anything storyline related in the "Spoiler" thread.

(I'm with you guys, though, about Sonny's daughter).
I hear ya'. I'm trying to be as vague as possible.
Posted By: SC

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/19/04 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
I'm trying to be as vague as possible.
I know. I wasn't pointing out anyone individually, but once these discussions get started some details are bound to come out.

I don't know if you've looked over at that "Spoiler" thread, but its starting to get ugly.

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/19/04 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:

I don't know if you've looked over at that "Spoiler" thread, but its starting to get ugly. [/QB]
No, but I'm going to check it out now!
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/21/04 04:19 AM

I just picked the book up today at barnes & Noble. I'm going to start reading it later on.
Posted By: Frankie 5-angels

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/22/04 12:07 PM

Mine arrived today and despite all the negativity surrounding it I am looking forward to reading it. I'm afraid I'm a sucker for anything Godfather related!

It remians to be seen if I am as positive about Mr Weingardner's contribution AFTER I've read it!!
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: My book arrived today. - 11/22/04 12:12 PM

i'm currently in australia visiting my brother,and i picked it up earliar than expected for $32.95 from a local book shop,

on page 88, excellant read up to yet.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET