Home

Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns".

Posted By: Just Lou

Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns". - 01/29/03 09:06 PM

Random House is close to revealing an author to write a sequel to Mario Puzo's "The Godfather". The project is called the "The Godfather Returns". Full story at the link below.

The Godfather Returns
Posted By: SC

Re: Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns". - 01/29/03 09:28 PM

Thanks for the link, Just Lou!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns". - 01/30/03 01:28 AM

Thanks Just Lou! I do hope they get someone as close to Puzo's caliber as possible.

TIS
Posted By: TonyZarelli

Re: Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns". - 01/30/03 02:34 AM

I love the news, but I hope the name of the movie isn't The Godfather Returns! It reminds me of The Mummy Returns, and what a medicore sequel that was. It's corny! I think the first two Godfathers had perfect names- The Godfather and The Godfather Pt. II. The third should've been called The Death Of Michael Corleone.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns". - 01/30/03 02:40 AM

I agree Tony! I hope they stick with "The Corleones". I think if they go with GFIV that it will be doomed, just for the fact that it carries that "number" after it. They need to get away from a GF title. Don't you think??

TIS
Posted By: Hollywood Hagan

Re: Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns". - 01/30/03 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I agree Tony! I hope they stick with "The Corleones". I think if they go with GFIV that it will be doomed, just for the fact that it carries that "number" after it. They need to get away from a GF title. Don't you think??

TIS
No. I don't want a spinoff of the trilogy. In fact, I don't want a 4th film, but that's another story. You see, even if the name is changed, it will still be associated with the Godfather series. It might as well be a Godfather Part 4 so that the makers will give a great effort to make a comparable film. The Corleones seems too much like The Sopranos to me, which is not a good thing for this series.

Re: Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns". - 01/30/03 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:

TIS
I definitely think it shouldn't be called "GFIV".
"The Corleones" isn't bad, but it makes me think too much of "The Sopranos". I don't know if that is good or bad. "The Godfather Returns" doesn't do it for me either.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns". - 01/30/03 08:13 AM

Godfather Returns does'nt fit the movie. sounds like its not a mob or Mafia film but more of a more commercial one like Mummy returns or batman Returns. Godfather IV is much better. hope they change the title to Godfather IV and not for "The Return of the Godfather."

GoodFella
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns". - 01/30/03 09:30 AM

I'll hope they know what they'll do if they add a part 4 in the trilogy. There is a big chance it'll ruin it.

Re: Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns". - 01/30/03 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by M.M. Floors:
I'll hope they know what they'll do if they add a part 4 in the trilogy. There is a big chance it'll ruin it.
Especially since most people look down upon Part III.
Part III isn't a bad movie, it just wasn't up to the first 2, and had a different storyline.
Posted By: Lisabella

Re: Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns". - 01/30/03 06:38 PM

Hey! I've never posted on here before! I do kind of hope they call it something besides the Godfather IV. But I say if it sucks, we just totally deny that it was ever made!
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns". - 01/30/03 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
[quote]Originally posted by M.M. Floors:
[b]I'll hope they know what they'll do if they add a part 4 in the trilogy. There is a big chance it'll ruin it.
Especially since most people look down upon Part III.
Part III isn't a bad movie, it just wasn't up to the first 2, and had a different storyline.[/b][/quote]But I'm the one who likes GF 3 most But a GF 4 is more likely to ruin it.

Re: Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns". - 01/30/03 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisabella:
Hey! I've never posted on here before! I do kind of hope they call it something besides the Godfather IV. But I say if it sucks, we just totally deny that it was ever made!
Welcome! ....And not a bad idea.
Posted By: deathkiss

Re: Random House picks author for "The Godfather Returns". - 01/30/03 11:23 PM

The Godfather Return! I think that the Godfather deserve a better title. Even lesser fictions: Star Trek, Star Wars book have better titles. I am disappointed
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET