Home

The Sequel: Let's pray everybody!

Posted By: Researcher

The Sequel: Let's pray everybody! - 05/31/03 11:50 AM

So the Godfather novel sequel is on it's way?
When's it scheduled for release? About when was it started?
Do you reckon it'll have any connection with the 2nd and 3rd films, or will it just sequel the Godfather book as though they films never happened, with a whole new storyline?
If not, I take it it'll be about Vincent. Not a good thing. Let's face it, we all like the Godfather for Michael and Vito.
So let's pray for this book! It could do what a 4th Godfather film would do. And you can take that as a good or bad thing.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: The Sequel: Let's pray everybody! - 05/31/03 10:02 PM

I'd actually prefer a sequel, if there is ever one, in the form of a novel--not a movie. A new book would be for hardcore fans only, which I want, whereas a movie is for anybody to see and probably a lot of newbies would watch it without knowing there was even a predecessing trilogy. And then they'd say it was the best film ever, when in fact it was one of the worst. That's why I don't fully support books being made into films these days, due the frank fact that it never works now.

Mick
Posted By: diamond6

Re: The Sequel: Let's pray everybody! - 06/01/03 09:22 AM

Tell me about it. Like Breakfast At Tiffany's. Fred(paul) was a gay writer, but in the movie not only was he straight but he was a prostitute. THey changed how the characters met, and at the end when Holly is supposed to go to Brazil, and Fred never sees her again, she decides to stay and her and Paul live happily ever after. I mean i love the movie but its not the book.
Posted By: Luca's boy

Re: The Sequel: Let's pray everybody! - 06/01/03 02:32 PM

The author of the sequel has a tough job cut out for him. If he writes with the movies storyline, everyone will compare it with the movie. If he writes with a different storyline, it will be compared with how Puzo wrote the first book.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: The Sequel: Let's pray everybody! - 06/01/03 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond6:
Tell me about it. Like Breakfast At Tiffany's. Fred(paul) was a gay writer, but in the movie not only was he straight but he was a prostitute. THey changed how the characters met, and at the end when Holly is supposed to go to Brazil, and Fred never sees her again, she decides to stay and her and Paul live happily ever after. I mean i love the movie but its not the book.
Did you have to do that!? I've just bought this, no need to watch it now! Joking, of course, though I haven't seen it.

Mick
Posted By: CrazedHobo

Re: The Sequel: Let's pray everybody! - 06/18/03 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Researcher:

Do you reckon it'll have any connection with the 2nd and 3rd films
Umm... even though I havnt seen the movies, I've read about whats in the 2nd movies and its sounded to me like it was just the 2nd half of the book (with the flash backs to vitos youth and all)(oh and excuse my dumb self if I'm wrong )

Also... umm... who will be writing this?
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: The Sequel: Let's pray everybody! - 07/08/03 03:46 PM

Some Florida Writer. Personaly, I don't want a sequal. I have seen the films and read the Book. I belive that to do a sequal is wrong. GF should be the work of Puzo. Now that he is gone I belive no one should be able to profit off of this. The book is one of the Best you may read and it is imposible to top them, even if you follow the movie story line.
Posted By: goodfella4188

Re: The Sequel: Let's pray everybody! - 08/03/03 01:21 AM

I do not agree with a sequel in the form of a novel or another movie. Puzo's imagination is what made the book a bestseller, and I don't think this guy from FSU will be able to match up with what Puzo did. That made no sense, did it?
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: The Sequel: Let's pray everybody! - 08/08/03 12:23 AM

Naw, it made sence. I DONT WAnT A SEQUAL TO DESTROY THE GODFATHER!
Posted By: goodfella4188

Re: The Sequel: Let's pray everybody! - 09/04/03 08:50 PM

Well,
No matter what, I think that this new novel is going to be looked down upon by people like us. Because, we will compare it top the work of Puzo, and this man is not Puzo. If it is any good at all, movie executives will be all over it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET