Home

The Godfather Returns - book cover

Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/06/04 02:19 PM

cover

It's a link to amazon.com. I am getting excited for this book!
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/07/04 03:21 PM

And people are telling me theyre not building hype for GF4 :rolleyes:
Posted By: Mignon

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/07/04 03:49 PM

Hey I like that cover for the book. I also like the fact that they added Mario Puzo's name. Is anyone gonna pre order it? I'm thinking about it.

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/07/04 04:04 PM

Yeah I'm going to pre-order. I know I'll kill myself if it sucks, but I can NOT have it.
Posted By: Luca's boy

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/08/04 01:14 AM

now im really stoked for this novel, i agree the homage payed to Puzo on the cover was a nice gesture.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/08/04 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
And people are telling me theyre not building hype for GF4 :rolleyes:
When is the release? There's no way the release could be tied in with a 4th film. Francis needs a script and he'll need money.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/09/04 01:12 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, DBC!! I had no idea it'd be on Amazon so soon!

The book (and audio books) will be released November 16, 2004

If you'd like to support this web site, please purchase it through http://www.mariopuzo.com/store/
Posted By: Patches

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/09/04 03:17 PM

Will do Don . I was planning to get it online anyhow.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/09/04 04:01 PM

Hey Geoff
If it will help the site be glad to buy it through Puzo store. How will it help you if it is still coming through Amazon.com?

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/09/04 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
[b] And people are telling me theyre not building hype for GF4 :rolleyes:
When is the release? There's no way the release could be tied in with a 4th film. Francis needs a script and he'll need money. [/b][/quote]Think about it. The people in Hollywood arent stupid (lazy, yes, but thats another story).They are re-releasing Part 1 on DVD, parts 2 and 3 if 1 does well, making a video game, and releasing a new book? C'mon. If these dont sell, then GF4 goes back on the shelf, the market isnt ready. But if they buy all this Godfather stuff up, then they will push 4 into the next stage.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/09/04 11:18 PM

Thanks for the link/info Death! Although I don't like the title, I am looking forward to this book and like others, I do think a movie will follow. Hopefully it will be more flashbacks and/or storyline of the in between years, as opposed to Vincent years...at least that'd be my wish. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to it.

TIS
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/10/04 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Although I don't like the title...
I don't like it either.
Posted By: Alex Morello

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/29/04 03:49 AM

The title and cover sucks.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/30/04 04:46 PM

"The Godfather Returns" ...lame title. Sounds like a B-horror film. See Vito and Sonny rise from the dead and stalk Vincent Mancini!
Posted By: nicky d

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/30/04 08:15 PM

It seams we all hate it..........what would you
like it to be? anyone got a good title?

Posted By: nicky d

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 07/30/04 08:17 PM

It seams we all hate it..........what would you
like it to be? anyone got a good title?

Posted By: Alex Morello

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 08/01/04 12:47 AM

These guys could fuck up the corleones big time
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 08/08/04 11:12 PM

well... it's money to them.

They know that people will buy it, e.g. many on here (including myself) are sceptical, but we're all going to read/buy it!

I hope it is good though, I'll be the first to take it all back if it's good.
Posted By: EnzoBaker

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 08/09/04 01:49 AM

I think the title is OK...

It refers to Vito in the 1930s, returning from the first assassination attempt to head one of the most powerful crime families in the country....

It may refer to Michael in the 1980s...

or Vincent in the 1990s...

It could work on several different levels.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 08/12/04 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
"The Godfather Returns" ...lame title. Sounds like a B-horror film. See Vito and Sonny rise from the dead and stalk Vincent Mancini!

I can see the film adaptation with Abott and Costelo (Even if they're dead),
Posted By: Don Provalone

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 08/22/04 09:31 PM

Has anyone heard about the contents of this book? I would prefer that people leave the series alone. If this book sells, then everyone with a brain cell will try to produce a Godfather book and destroy what Puzo has done.

I think we all love this site because we are purists. For years (well about 3 actually), we have stated that the series should remain as it is forever - movie and book-wise. At this rate, the term Godfather will mean as much as Dracula (and you know how many Dracula movies and books there have been...). I can see it now Alien VS the Godfather, Godzilla VS The Godfather, the Mummy Returns to Visit The Godfather....

Why can't they just leave the story alone??

OK - I've vented - time to disappear again - bye!
Posted By: Frankie 5-angels

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 09/06/04 03:56 PM

In the UK the book is titled "The Godfather:The lost Years"

I've just noticed that although these books have the same release date, "The Godfather Returns" has 448 pages and "The Godfather: The Lost Years" has 400 pages! Different books? or different versions of the same book?

As seen here - Amazon.co.uk

It has this synopsis...

The Godfather: The Lost Years takes place in the years 1955-65, but it is built upon the story of that 'year of delicate political manoeuvring' - and how, in winning the battle of that year, Michael Corleone set the stage to lose the war: the war to make the Family legitimate, the war to keep the Corleones supremely in power, the war to stay true to his father's wishes, the war to give not just his Family but his family a safe and happy life. The Godfather: The Lost Years is not just a sequel. A magnificent novel in its own right, by an acclaimed young American novelist, it traces: the nexus of ambitious, audacious decisions that Michael Corleone implements, their ultimate failure, and, after the Family's literal and figurative years in the wilderness (of Las Vegas), Michael's literal, physical return to New York, and his attempts to regain control there.

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 09/08/04 12:30 AM

Wow,what the hell was that? Michael Corleone as the head of the family?! From what I understand,the American version takes place during the "happy years" when Michael was a kid.From when Vito's scenes in Part 2 leave off up until the beginning of Part 1. Your version looks like wishful thinking that Part3 never happened.Sorta like what they would have liked to have seen 3 look like.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 09/15/04 11:41 PM

I just hope that it stays close to the original characters and storyline, and that it is not cheaply done. But let's read it first before we pass judgement. I remember when it was revealed that SFII was going to come out. Many on the boards had the same negative reactions as they are having about the new GF book. Know what, after reading SFII I thought that it was pretty good. So let's not pass judgment too soon.
Posted By: babyboot

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 09/22/04 11:15 AM

Have you seen the UK cover/title? Its on Amazon.co.uk - both much better.
Posted By: da_bad_guy

Re: The Godfather Returns - book cover - 09/26/04 04:32 PM

the cover/ title is definitely better,but i'm convinced that these books are different
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET