Home

Hockey

Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Hockey - 06/27/21 01:50 AM

For Hickey fans.
Right now for NHL here in America it is Montreal Canadiens vs Tampa Bay Lightning for the Standley Cup. Montreal has not won one since the early 1990s, and Tampa Bay won last year's Standley Cup. I am actually rooting for Montreal.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Hockey - 06/27/21 12:07 PM

Great Finals, but i do fear riots by the habs fans.
Posted By: SalB

Re: Hockey - 06/29/21 01:14 AM

I watch even as a Rangers fan. To me, Stanley Cup is the most difficult achievement in sports.
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: Hockey - 07/06/21 10:08 AM

Full coverage here... not at ESPN or People, etc...

Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks died of chest trauma from an errant fireworks mortar blast in what authorities described Monday as a tragic accident at a Michigan home on the Fourth of July.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ed-firework-home-coach-Manny-Legace.html
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: Hockey - 07/06/21 07:45 PM

How to light fireworks (artillery shells, mortars)

Re: Hockey - 11/12/23 02:19 AM

I love hockey, ice hockey as it called here.
As a youth we played it in the winter outside, such a great time. We also had a nice hometown hockeyteam GIJS we became dutch champions in '86.

Former NHL player Wayne van Dorp was a sensation at GIJS. It was fun every week. Opponents flew over the boards due to his body checks. It was always a laugh when you saw the opponent's head emerge from the other side of the boarding and the player climb onto the ice. And that happened almost every week. Orange cones flew through him onto the ice and he was kicked in the face with a skate by Andringa van Heerenveen. But Van Dorp was also a good ice hockey player. And he proved this especially in the play-offs, where he would eventually become top scorer. After this season, Van Dorp left for the NHL in America and played for multiple Stanley Cup winner Edmonton Oilers, among others. Several videos of his time in the NHL can be found on YouTube. It was wonderful that a player like van Dorp could be admired in Groningen for two seasons.

[Linked Image]

Re: Hockey - 11/12/23 02:31 AM

I loved the fysical Canadian style of hockey, but the USSR team in the 80s was something we really looked up to !

Re: Hockey - 11/15/23 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by SalB
I watch even as a Rangers fan. To me, Stanley Cup is the most difficult achievement in sports.

100% !

Re: Hockey - 11/17/23 12:29 AM

Probably the best Dutch-Canadian player !!

Posted By: Giacalone

Re: Hockey - 11/17/23 02:10 AM

Did you hear about that terrible tragedy in England with that guy getting his throat sliced by an opponent's skate? They charged him with manslaughter

Re: Hockey - 11/17/23 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Giacalone
Did you hear about that terrible tragedy in England with that guy getting his throat sliced by an opponent's skate? They charged him with manslaughter

Terrible incident.

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET