Home

2020 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball (Draft)

Posted By: J Geoff

2020 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball (Draft) - 07/15/20 05:49 PM

Well, this certainly will be an interesting fantasy "season" during the pandemic. With some MLB players opting out altogether, and others surely to become exposed and sidelined at any point, this season will mostly depend on luck. But what the hell, let's get a little fantasy sports in this year. There will certainly be an asterisk on the results....

The draft is scheduled for Mon Jul 20 7:45pm EDT and I will post the draft order shortly....

---

2019 Results: JG, JL, GO, BB, TM, NM, LI, YO

Re: 2020 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball (Draft) - 07/15/20 05:58 PM

The draft is set for Mon Jul 20 7:45pm EDT

The draft order was determined as follows:

To set the order, I went through the following usual steps:

1 - I went to http://www.random.org/ -- DB's favorite random order generator website wink

2 - Using "Integer Generator" to pick a number between 1 and 20, I got:
Code
Here are your random numbers:

Timestamp: 2020-07-15 17:50:44 UTC

3 - I went to "List Randomizer" and input our list of owners (list from top to bottom per what I saw under "Managers" in Yahoo.)

4 - This list of owners was randomized 10 times to get to a final list which is our draft order:

Code
There were 8 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

JG
LI
BB
NM
JL
YO
TM
GO

Timestamp: 2020-07-15 17:57:03 UTC

You have randomized this list 10 times.

So there you have your draft order.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: 2020 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball (Draft) - 07/24/20 05:24 AM

I had no idea until 10 minutes ago we were playing. Haven't received anything from Yahoo since March.

Re: 2020 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball (Draft) - 07/24/20 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Just Lou
I had no idea until 10 minutes ago we were playing. Haven't received anything from Yahoo since March.

Don't know what to tell ya, no idea... this season is gonna be a big Asterisk anyway. ohwell
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: 2020 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball (Draft) - 07/24/20 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by J Geoff

Don't know what to tell ya, no idea... this season is gonna be a big Asterisk anyway. ohwell

The funny part is, I was cleaning old apps on my phone and saw the Yahoo Fantasy app. I said WTH, let me check it and see if anything is going on. I was like holy crap. They even had a draft. lol

We still doing the 60 game SP limit?

Re: 2020 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball (Draft) - 07/24/20 06:38 AM

Well, good thing you found out on Day 1 and not mid-August wink ...but now I wonder who else may not realize it...

We still doing the 60 game SP limit?

Guess we pretty much have to limit SP starts to 60 this year.

Re: 2020* Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball (Draft) - 09/28/20 03:00 PM

2020 Final Standings (*60 Games)

[Linked Image]

Congrats to my nephew (NM) who commanded this game most of the shortened season. His extra SP GS didn't factor into the standings. It's amazing how TM landed Third Place without making even one waiver move (did he even play? lol)! LI also ended up with an extra SP GS, but his was actually an unanticipated RP GS (1 inning, 4 pts). And one lousy sitting Acuña on the very last day prevented my last push into 5th Place (JL got me by 11 pts on the season). I could've played Santana for 16 pts had I noticed. Guess I should be happy about 6th Place since I was in last place for most of the season. blush

Attached picture FBB20-FinalStandings.jpg
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET