Home

MLB 2019

Posted By: Irishman12

MLB 2019 - 03/06/19 05:54 PM

With the new season upon us, let's talk baseball!

Just heard word yesterday that Luis Severino was scratched from his Spring Training start and tests indicate he has inflammation in his pitching shoulder. Not a great sign. Hope he can work through it during the season and won't require surgery. The Yankees are going to shut him down for 2 weeks to see what that does and he'll more than likely miss Opening Day. Does this force the Yankees to go out and grab Dallas Keuchel or Gio Gonzales who are still available free agents? I doubt it. They'll try to plug the problem with internal options.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/09/19 03:39 PM

Looks like the Yankees are going to stand pat with their rotation. Really hope it’s nothing serious with Severino.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/09/19 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Revis_Island
Looks like the Yankees are going to stand pat with their rotation. Really hope it’s nothing serious with Severino.

That makes 2 of us. I hope these young kids can contribute.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/12/19 01:35 AM

They’re going to have to. That’s the front office is really banking on. Which I like a lot. But we’ll see how much I like it if they end up not performing lol

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/12/19 02:00 AM

I don't have much confidence in them. Until they show me otherwise, I'm pessimistic.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/14/19 06:44 PM

MLB rules changes for the 2019 season:

-There will be no trades after July 31. August trade waivers have been eliminated, though players can still be placed on and claimed from outright waivers, as they would throughout the rest of the year.
-All-Star voting will still be conducted by fans online, but the top three players at each position, in each league, will now participate in an All-Star Election Day. -The top three vote-getters at each position, in each league, (top six in the case of outfielders) will receive bonus payments.
-The Home Run Derby will now come with $2.5MM of prize money, including a $1MM prize for the winner.
-The maximum number of mound visits per game will be reduced from six to five.
-Commercial breaks between innings are reduced to two minutes in length for all games.
-The MLB and MLBPA will form a “Joint Committee” to discuss further issues and rule changes.

Effective Beginning in 2020

-The standard roster size in regular season games and postseason games will increase from 25 to 26 players. Beginning on Sept. 1, roster size will expand further to a 28-player maximum (as opposed to the current 40). A maximum number of pitchers will be designated by the Joint Committee. (Passan reported that the league has proposed no more than half a team’s players can be pitchers.)
-Position players are only eligible to pitch in extra innings or when a team is leading or trailing by seven or more runs. Certain position players may be designated as “two-way players,” but to be eligible, they’ll need to have accrued at least 20 innings pitched and started 20 games as a position player/designated hitter in the current season or the preceding season (including at least three trips to the plate in each of those lineup appearances).
-A pitcher must face at least three batters per appearance unless he is removed due to injury or the half-inning in which he is pitching ends before three batters have come to the plate.
-The minimum length of stay for pitchers who are optioned to the minors or placed on the injured list will increase from 10 days to 15 days. This change is still “subject to input” from the newly formed Joint Committee.

Source: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/03/mlb-mlbpa-agree-single-trade-deadline-expanded-rosters.html

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/15/19 03:25 AM

I like that they’re giving people an incentive to compete in the home run derby.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/15/19 06:10 PM

I do too but as I've said in the past, I'm not a fan of the 3 batter faced rule. I think it's going to diminish the product, having pitchers go up against batters they shouldn't be facing.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/15/19 08:32 PM

I don’t understand that rule at all. Is that an official rule yet? There’s no need to mess with a game that has worked fine and has been played the same way for around 100 years.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/16/19 09:10 PM

I don’t understand that rule at all. Is that an official rule yet? There’s no need to mess with a game that has worked fine and has been played the same way for around 100 years.

It's going to begin next season, not 2019. It's all an effort to speed up the game but I'm with you, the game is fine and has been played the same way for 100+ years. This is just an effort to appeal to more millennials who can't sit through a game.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/17/19 12:06 AM

It’s ridiculous. And this severino injury looks serious.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/17/19 12:49 AM

And now add Yankees prospect Estevan Florial to the injured list as he injured his wrist trying to chase a fly ball in center. No timetable has been given to his recovery but I hope he doesn't have a lost season like Clint Frazier did last year with his concussion. Even if Florial is able to return, the season could be a bust for him with a wrist injury to his throwing hand.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/17/19 06:57 PM

Such a let down. Voit and bird are battling it out for first. I don’t trust bird, always has a great spring training. He’s a pull hitter.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/17/19 07:27 PM

Such a let down. Voit and bird are battling it out for first. I don’t trust bird, always has a great spring training. He’s a pull hitter.

Who do you think has the edge so far? I don't/haven't watched Spring Training and I haven't heard much between them. I'm guessing Voit gets the nod unless Bird just has such an unbelievable spring. Although Voit's defense leaves something to be desired; however, I heard he worked on it during the offseason.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/18/19 02:34 AM

Voit is definitely winning. But cashman loves Bird. They’re just so fascinated with having a left handed bat in the lineup even if it means forcing a lesser player in. I say you play the best guy regardless of what side of the plate he hits from. And that’s Voit. Voit has also shown improvement defensively. He is winning the job but do not be surprised if Bird gets it.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/18/19 10:44 AM

Watched the Yanks/Phils play, Tulo looked like his old self. Heard Severino is out until May, that's pretty serious if so.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/18/19 05:17 PM

Voit is definitely winning. But cashman loves Bird. They’re just so fascinated with having a left handed bat in the lineup even if it means forcing a lesser player in. I say you play the best guy regardless of what side of the plate he hits from. And that’s Voit. Voit has also shown improvement defensively. He is winning the job but do not be surprised if Bird gets it.

I wouldn't mind getting a left-handed bat in the lineup (one of the reasons I desired Harper over Machado if the Yankees were going to get either). But I agree, put the best guy out there.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/18/19 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by dixiemafia
Watched the Yanks/Phils play, Tulo looked like his old self. Heard Severino is out until May, that's pretty serious if so.

Shutting Severino down for the month of April is not a good sign at all. Plus Sabathia is suspended for 5 games for throwing at the Rays at the end of last season. Plus he's working back from some offseason surgery. Rumors are the Yankees have reached out to Gio Gonzalez as well but a deal doesn't appear imminent. Although I've heard Luis Cessa has been throwing the ball well in spring training and I'm sure the Yankees are going to go with him. Hopefully it'll translate to the regular season as well. Looks like Loáisiga has been up and down but German hasn't been bad either. The Yankees have some youthful arms; they just need to produce at the major league level.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/18/19 08:01 PM

Hicks hurt. I liked the Hicks signing a lot. But not off to a good start with this.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/18/19 08:30 PM

Hicks hurt. I liked the Hicks signing a lot. But not off to a good start with this.

The money isn't bad but I think the years might be a little much. Every season he has something going on though. I like Hicks, but I'm not high on him. I hope this opens up an opportunity for Clint Frazier to get some major league AB's since last year was a lost year for him due to his concussions.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/19/19 03:30 AM

Hopefully Gonzalez can still pitch

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/19/19 05:33 PM

Hopefully Gonzalez can still pitch

I hope so too but it's a low risk, high reward deal IMO. It's a minor league contract and if he makes the roster, it's $3 million.

I can't believe Trout just got a 12-year, $430 million extension! eek

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/20/19 11:01 PM

Trout deserves it too. What a talent. I don’t like people putting him over certain all time great players just because of his War(I like the stat itself a lot but there’s more to baseball than that) but he is on his way to break some records.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/20/19 11:03 PM

The season is officially underway. First yanks game next week.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/21/19 01:07 PM

The season is officially underway. First yanks game next week.

Can't wait! But it's always at noon and I'm at work. But I'll see what I can't do in terms of watching it.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/22/19 12:36 AM

Ichiro received some send off over in Japan.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/22/19 12:40 AM

Heard from a MLB source.

A leak is spreading regarding a test performed by MLB having pitchers and catchers using electronic devices allowing for communications during games in order to end sign stealing.

They are leaning towards this but leaked the info on purpose to get feelers on how it would be viewed by public.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/22/19 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Ichiro received some send off over in Japan.

Not surprised in the least he retired in Japan. The man had one of the greatest careers in the history of the game and he deserved it. However he's not the all-time hits leader IMO as I don't count his numbers from Japan. You gotta do it in MLB.

Heard from a MLB source.

A leak is spreading regarding a test performed by MLB having pitchers and catchers using electronic devices allowing for communications during games in order to end sign stealing.

They are leaning towards this but leaked the info on purpose to get feelers on how it would be viewed by public.

I don't mind this at all and perhaps it could speed the game up as well so pitchers/catchers don't have to continually go throw missed signs, switch signs up, mound visits, etc. They already do it in football with the quarterback and the coach, so I don't mind at all this implementation.
Posted By: olivant

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/24/19 01:42 AM

Beat 'em Bucs!

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/24/19 03:10 AM

Pirates don’t have a bad team at all this season right?
Originally Posted by olivant
Beat 'em Bucs!

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/28/19 05:56 PM

Well well well, it's FINALLY here. Another season kicks off today for every team outside Seattle and Oakland. The Yanks got bit by the injury bug a little in spring training, but it's a long season. Enjoy!

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/29/19 04:01 AM

Loved the way the yanks swung the bats today. Against a bad team but you still like to see them being aggressive out there and not relying totally on the long ball.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/29/19 04:45 PM

Loved the way the yanks swung the bats today. Against a bad team but you still like to see them being aggressive out there and not relying totally on the long ball.

Exactly. That's one thing that's frustrated me for years, especially under Girardi. Their unwillingness to manufacture runs, play ball.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/30/19 12:51 AM

Too early to get excited but they look good. We’ll see when they play some tough teams.

Re: MLB 2019 - 03/30/19 12:52 PM

Too early to get excited but they look good. We’ll see when they play some tough teams.

Exactly. Not bad for an Opening Day, but it's also Baltimore. Too soon to get excited.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/01/19 12:31 AM

Wow, they lose 2 out of 3 to Baltimore? Only saving grace is Boston's 1-3 after starting the season against Seattle.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/01/19 06:32 PM

And now Stanton's on the 10 day DL because of a biceps strain. This season has not started out good in terms of health for the team and hope it's not a precursor to the rest of the season.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/02/19 05:57 PM

Andujar May be out for the year. I’m seeing some of the bad habits carry over into this season. Especially on offense. Judge said what needed to be said but if the team doesn’t react to what him and all the fans have been saying for about a year now then we’ll continue to see lousy at bats and defense.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/02/19 07:12 PM

I cannot believe the amount of guys injured. And they might lose Andujar for the season. Wow, "great" start to the year.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/02/19 07:45 PM

I have not the slightest idea about what they’re going to do

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/02/19 08:18 PM

Especially if Andujar is done for the year. Heard they passed on Manny because of the faith/hope they see in Miguel. As a ROY runner up last year, that would be a big blow. Not to mention Didi's still down until later in the year. They'll probably promote Tyler Wade who I heard had a good spring but until I see him do something at the big league level, I'll reserve my expectations.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/03/19 04:40 PM

They’re losing games that they should win. That’s all I can say at this point.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/03/19 05:18 PM

I know. Very frustrating. They've gotta take advantage of Boston's early struggles and they're not.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/07/19 07:34 PM

I pray that they’re turning the corner now

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/07/19 09:44 PM

Me too. Doing what they're supposed to do, beating up on teams like Baltimore. Glad Frazier's making an impact at the MLB level and encouraged but Sanchez's bat today. Hopefully he can help right the ship (along with Judge) while they await their teammates return to the lineup.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/10/19 12:46 AM

Yankees announce that Luis Severino was diagnosed with a Grade 2 lateral strain and will be shutdown for 6 weeks. He suffered the injury while rehabbing from rotator cuff inflammation, and it's not shoulder-related. What is going on with all these injures? The Yankees lead the league with 11 men down at this point in the season (and they're only 10 games in!).

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/12/19 06:27 PM

Seems like I'm posting in here daily about another Yankee player getting injured. This time it's Gary Sanchez, who's going on the shelf due to a left calf strain. That makes a dozen only 12 games into the season. Unbelievable!

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/16/19 05:02 AM

It’s maddening. They’re not beating teams they are capable of beating by a wide margin and they are injured as well. Need to wake up soon. Hope they do.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/16/19 03:30 PM

Let’s see how they perform in this series. A lot of injuries but even when they’re healthy, they need to get out of the rut that they’ve been in with their unenthusiastic offense.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/16/19 05:38 PM

Let’s see how they perform in this series. A lot of injuries but even when they’re healthy, they need to get out of the rut that they’ve been in with their unenthusiastic offense.

Agreed. Add another to the list. Bird's down now with a left plantar fascia tear. They don't know how long he's gonna be out.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/17/19 12:32 AM

Yanks doing good, Mets getting creamed,

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/17/19 03:40 AM

Yanks have a chance to use this past game against the Sox as the formula for offensive success. They hit the ball and didn’t worry about hitting it out of the park(homers still came). Paxton looked great first and foremost.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/17/19 03:40 AM

Mets have a chance this year. We will see if they take advantage

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/17/19 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Irishman12

Agreed. Add another to the list. Bird's down now with a left plantar fascia tear. They don't know how long he's gonna be out.

Bird getting hurt is something we can count on every single year. Cashman has more patience with him than he did Jeter and Arod. I’ll never comprehend it.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/17/19 06:27 PM

Yanks have a chance to use this past game against the Sox as the formula for offensive success. They hit the ball and didn’t worry about hitting it out of the park(homers still came). Paxton looked great first and foremost.

I'm encouraged by Paxton's outing yesterday and glad they took it to Boston. No better team I'd rather them rebound against (especially against Sale as well). Reports state Beltran actually told Paxton he was tipping his pitches in Houston. Looks like the advice worked yesterday. At this point, and I've been saying it for years, the Yankees need to manufacture runs and play small ball. It's always great to hit a homerun but that shouldn't be your focus every time coming to the plate. Glad Frazier got another homer last night! Kid's batting .293 with 4 homers and 11 RBI's in the early part of the season. I hope they hold on to him. Rumors are the Yankees might make another run at Madison Bumgarner this year at the trade deadline and some are saying the Yankees might have to part with Frazier as part of the deal. I wouldn't want them to do it. Bumgarner's a rental and once Gardner retires, I wanna see Frazier with Hicks, Stanton and Judge.

Bird getting hurt is something we can count on every single year. Cashman has more patience with him than he did Jeter and Arod. I’ll never comprehend it.

Very true. Not surprised. Just tired of seeing guys wind up on the DL (I refuse to call it the IL). Disabled list is not insensitive in my book. It's been called that for decades without issue.
Posted By: Tru_Bizelli

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/18/19 03:33 AM

Any Cardinal Fans? grin I was raised in STL, but I don' watch sports. You know how they're doin?

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/18/19 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tru_Bizelli
Any Cardinal Fans? grin I was raised in STL, but I don' watch sports. You know how they're doin?

They're 10-8 and 1 1/2 games out of first. However, they did just drop 2 out of 3 to Milwaukee and are 2-5 against them on the young season. Yelich has been killing them in the early going though. Seriously, they should start to pitch around him.

Glad the Yanks got another win against Boston yesterday. Hopefully, this will get them to turn it around. Wasn't happy with Happ's start though. He supposedly had such great numbers against Boston but his last 2 outings (playoffs and last night) haven't shown it.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/19/19 12:51 AM

Cards have series starting tomorrow with the Mets.

Yanks playing now but not looking good.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/19/19 01:13 PM

Cards have series starting tomorrow with the Mets.

Yanks playing now but not looking good.

Nope. They lost 6-1 to KC. German has good strikeout stuff, but the kid gives up too many homeruns.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/19/19 01:21 PM

Mets have a chance this year. We will see if they take advantage

Going to be tough in the NL East

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/19/19 07:53 PM

My Bucs are in first place. Madonne!

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/21/19 02:37 PM

That judge injury did not look good. For the sake of the yanks I truly hope that he’s back in a short amount of time and he’s not done for most if not all of the season. I really thought this would be his year and it still can be. Just waiting on the Yankees to give an update on when he can be expected back.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/21/19 08:27 PM

That judge injury did not look good. For the sake of the yanks I truly hope that he’s back in a short amount of time and he’s not done for most if not all of the season. I really thought this would be his year and it still can be. Just waiting on the Yankees to give an update on when he can be expected back.

Honestly, I'm not surprised. It was just a matter of time with the way the injury bug has absolutely decimated this team thus far. Only thing working in our favor is that it's still only April.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/22/19 12:26 AM

Honestly, I'm not surprised. It was just a matter of time with the way the injury bug has absolutely decimated this team thus far. Only thing working in our favor is that it's still only April.

It said to be a “significant” injury.....at least a Month.

Clint Frazier doing well though

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/22/19 05:22 PM

It said to be a “significant” injury.....at least a Month.

Clint Frazier doing well though

Yeah I heard that too about Judge. Not a good sign. Obliques take a while to heal. Sanchez should be coming back this week I believe so that should (hopefully) help.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/23/19 07:01 PM

As a Sox fan I'm kind of glad the Yanks are suffering but I'm not if that makes sense. No team should have injuries like that, that really does suck. Whoever handles any strength & conditioning for the Yanks should be fired. That really makes it seem like anything they are doing is bad because so many are getting injuries on the Yanks watch.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/23/19 07:04 PM

I will say I respect the Yanks and upper management because y'all will spend the money to try and have a good team. I never understood why so many hated George, if I was a fan I would want my owner/GM to spend the money too instead of being like Atlanta or Miami where they hardly spend and then wonder why fans don't show up while charging outrageous prices on food and beverage. I guess the Yanks are a lot like Alabama, everyone hates a winner.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/23/19 08:24 PM

I will say I respect the Yanks and upper management because y'all will spend the money to try and have a good team. I never understood why so many hated George, if I was a fan I would want my owner/GM to spend the money too instead of being like Atlanta or Miami where they hardly spend and then wonder why fans don't show up while charging outrageous prices on food and beverage. I guess the Yanks are a lot like Alabama, everyone hates a winner.

I've always said the exact same thing: at least George put the money back in to the team and didn't pocket it! However, under the new regime, they're trying to be more fiscally responsible, which I don't necessarily mind. I don't believe we needed either Harper or Macachdo this offseason so I wasn't heartbroken that we didn't get them (not to mention the fact, those contacts, like so many others, will not age well). But yeah, the only good thing about the Yankees having 13 players (Yes, 13!) on the DL already is that it's still only April. 2/3 of the Yankees Opening Day roster is on there. That's absolutely ludicrous this early in the season. I'm just happy they're treading water for now and only 2 1/2 behind Tampa for first place.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/24/19 06:47 PM

German had a solid start last night. The team is moving Chad Green down to Triple-A to fix him up. He needs it. Kid's got a 16.43 ERA this year. I don't know what's going on with him but they need to figure it out. Sanchez is off the DL today as well. Hopefully that's the start of everyone else getting healthy and coming back.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/25/19 07:10 PM

The Yankees offense is playing better than they have with most of their starters so far. Quite strange. They just keep fighting. I haven’t seen that same fight in the starters yet. Last season or this season(small sample size so far this year). I’m hoping this will rub off on them.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/25/19 08:26 PM

I'm hoping so as well. Great come back from behind win last night (down 5 runs to win 6-5). However, during their recent winning streak they've beat the likes of Anaheim, KC and a struggling Boston team. I'll take it, I mean a win's a win. And these are games they're "supposed" to win. I'm just glad they're treading water for now, but today I heard Frazier's on the DL with an ankle issue. I swear, every day it's someone new! He's only supposed to be out 10 days. Also, Stanton's biceps injury is healed but now he's having problems with his left shoulder that may delay him coming back.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/26/19 02:47 AM

Yanks looking good tonight , leading 2-0

Bases loaded.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/26/19 03:41 AM

What's up with my Bucs? They were in first place, but have lost 5 in a row. Where's the pitching?

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/26/19 05:51 PM

Yanks looking good tonight , leading 2-0

Bases loaded.

And they coughed up a 4-0 lead to lose 11-5. Tanaka got shelled by the long ball (his achilles heel)

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/27/19 07:49 PM

Is there truth to andujar returning next week? Sounds a little risky being that it was being reported as a season ending injury just a few weeks ago.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/27/19 08:56 PM

From what I've heard, they're going to go the nonsurgical route for now. He can bat but fielding is what'll hold him back. But I've heard they'll either DH him or maybe even move him over to first. I say give this a shot before opting for surgery, because I believe surgery will end his season.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/29/19 02:15 AM

I concur. Let’s just see how he plays. If he hurts he team then let him go have surgery.

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/29/19 06:37 PM

Add two more to the list: DJ LeMahieu and Gio Urshela. LeMahieu left the game due to right knee inflammation. Urshela got hit on his left hand. Both X-rays were negative at least. I swear, anyone who starts producing for us at the plate suddenly gets injured (Sanchez, Judge, Frazier and now these guys).

Re: MLB 2019 - 04/30/19 02:40 AM

Add two more to the list: DJ LeMahieu and Gio Urshela. LeMahieu left the game due to right knee inflammation. Urshela got hit on his left hand. Both X-rays were negative at least. I swear, anyone who starts producing for us at the plate suddenly gets injured (Sanchez, Judge, Frazier and now these guys).

At least they’re doing this early in the season. That’s the only positive if we are looking for a ray of sunshine.

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/04/19 04:08 AM

Now Paxton is down. Just keeps getting worse. Maybe he’ll be ready for his next start.

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/06/19 06:23 PM

I seriously can't look. Just waiting for Torres to go at this point. Glad LeMahieu is back and heard Frazier would be coming off the DL today. Bestances isn't due back until June and Severino they've pushed until after the All-Star break (that's not a good sign). Only thing we can hope for with him is he'll be fresh for the second half.

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/08/19 11:39 PM

I think this team is putting pressure on the starters to perform.

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/09/19 04:38 PM

They need too. Not surprised to see Loaisiga get lit up, but been surprised by German and Cessa in the early going. Let's just hope they can continue to tread water. I think they said Paxton is out for at least 3 weeks.

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/11/19 01:56 PM

Great win against Tampa last night. Only 1/2 game out of first and still a litany of injuries. Could be encouraging for when everyone comes back.

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/13/19 03:08 AM

Took the series. Wanted the sweep. But 2 out of 3 is fine. Just have to keep winning. They’re playing small ball and it’s working. Tanaka looked fantastic.

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/13/19 06:05 PM

I'll continue to take it. Hicks is supposed to come off the DL today. Slowly we're getting everyone back but I'll feel a lot better with Judge and Stanton back in the lineup (not to mention Betances in the bullpen).

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/13/19 11:31 PM

Hicks needs to produce. If he’s our leadoff guy I don’t want to see a lot of homers. I want to see a lot of base hits.

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/14/19 01:36 AM

Yanks RAINED OUT HERE IN ny

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/16/19 04:58 PM

Yanks took both games of the double-header yesterday. 10 games over .500 and still only 1/2 game out of first.

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/16/19 05:38 PM

I can't believe that Sale struck out 17 in 7 innings two nights ago and STILL DIDN'T get the win! That explains the Red Sox season thus far. He was only at 108 pitches, I would have at least let him trot out for the 8th to see what he would do.

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/19/19 08:55 PM

The Yanks took 2 out of 3 from Tampa this weekend and are back in first place! Not bad despite having 17 different players on the DL at one point in time this season.

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/28/19 05:52 PM

Have to admire the way the yanks are swinging the bats. Playing their hearts out.

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/28/19 05:54 PM

Have to admire the way the yanks are swinging the bats. Playing their hearts out.

Absolutely! 17 games above .500. 2 games up on Tampa, 6 1/2 up on Boston (and only a game behind Minnesota for the best record in the AL). You've gotta respect the way they've played after all of those injuries!

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/29/19 02:12 AM

Yanks playin Well’

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/29/19 07:59 PM

Wish we got the win last night but made up for it today. Need to keep this going.

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/29/19 08:27 PM

Wish we got the win last night but made up for it today. Need to keep this going.

I'm hopeful they can. Glad to see Paxton pitched well today. I'll take 2 out of 3 against the Padres. ESPN New York said Paxton has pitched 26 2/3 innings at Yankee Stadium in 2019 with 0.34 ERA heading in to today! eek

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/30/19 09:16 PM

I saw that. As long as he stays healthy he’s an ace. And if severino comes back and returns to form then we could have the best rotation that we’ve had in a long time.

Re: MLB 2019 - 05/31/19 05:28 PM

I saw that. As long as he stays healthy he’s an ace. And if severino comes back and returns to form then we could have the best rotation that we’ve had in a long time.

Exactly. Severino would be the equivalent of a trade deadline acquisition. Plus, since he hasn't pitched this year, he'll be fresh and shouldn't gas himself out like he did last year! The Yankees just need to keep up the pace until then. Also heard Didi could be back in as little as 1 to 2 weeks. Another great addition to the lineup and a lefty with some power.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/02/19 01:40 PM

Will the yanks get kuechel?

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/02/19 11:55 PM

Mets need to repair the bullpen

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/03/19 06:47 PM

Will the yanks get kuechel?

I'm not sure. I heard on SportsCenter this morning that Keuchel would settle for a one year deal. If that's the case, I'd love to see the Yankees get him. But I can also easily see someone offering him more than a one year deal and him taking it.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/06/19 02:09 PM

2 straight losses to the jays. Bullpen blew the game last night. But these are games they need to win.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/06/19 05:52 PM

Kimbrel is off the market. 3 years 43 million with a 4th year option to the Cubs.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/06/19 06:16 PM

I do not trust Kimbrel at this stage of his career but if you need a reliever he’s a solid pickup
Posted By: Goldy

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/06/19 11:19 PM

As a long time Cubs fan, I was excited that they got Kimbrel. And not for the ridiculous 6 year/100 mill they were asking. I knew Theo wasn't going to let a Boston guy go to the competition after the time elapsed where they dind't also have to give up a Draft pic.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/07/19 03:13 PM

Kimbrel's off the board. Now where does Keuchel land? I'm hearing the Yankees and Braves are the 2 leading candidates.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/08/19 04:41 PM

Braves got him lol

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/11/19 03:14 PM

Kimbrel's off the board. Now where does Keuchel land? I'm hearing the Yankees and Braves are the 2 leading candidates.

Yanks could’ve used him. Don’t know why they wouldn’t go a little higher for a one year contract.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/11/19 05:20 PM

Yanks could’ve used him. Don’t know why they wouldn’t go a little higher for a one year contract.

Probably due to the luxury tax bill is my guess.

And now the Yankees have put 9 game winner (tied for the league lead in that category) Domingo Herman on the DL.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/12/19 04:19 PM

Yankees have a homestand from June 17-26 and Boone said Stanton and Judge might rejoin the team during that time. Despite all their injuries, still proud that they're 16 games above .500 and tied with Tampa for first in the division (and up 8 on Boston).

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/13/19 04:55 AM

There’s very little quit in this lineup that they are throwing out there. We can only hope that it stays that way when our starters return. Hicks has been pretty good the last few games but needs to get going still.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/13/19 06:05 PM

There’s very little quit in this lineup that they are throwing out there. We can only hope that it stays that way when our starters return. Hicks has been pretty good the last few games but needs to get going still.

Honestly the way these guys have been playing who are filling in, I'm nervous/afraid to take them out. I'd hate for someone to come back and not be able to contribute the way these guys are.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/18/19 05:55 PM

Stanton's back tonight for the Yankees and over the weekend they trade for Edwin Encarnacion (who's leading the league in homers right now). Rumor is we'll have Judge back too before the end of the month! Glad we're getting back our sluggers.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/19/19 02:50 AM

Stanton's back tonight for the Yankees and over the weekend they trade for Edwin Encarnacion (who's leading the league in homers right now). Rumor is we'll have Judge back too before the end of the month! Glad we're getting back our sluggers.

I am extremely happy that Stanton is back. Not so great tonight but once he conforms to the lineup then watch out. Encarnacion does not strike out a lot either which I like. Leaves me wondering if Frazier will be traded. I think the kid can hit and I wouldn’t mind keeping him. But if it’s between him and a starter who can really help is tremendously then I’d have to be ok with it.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/20/19 12:44 AM

I've always said, I'd love to hold on to Frazier. Maybe when Gardner retires, he can be our fourth outfielder. The kid can hit. Would just hate to give up on him.

Great sweep of the Rays! Now bring on the Astros!!

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/20/19 06:50 PM

Hal has dropped hints that he might be willing to go over the luxury tax if it puts us over the top as a team. I’ve heard that before with no moves but he could have something up his sleeve.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/20/19 10:50 PM

Hal has dropped hints that he might be willing to go over the luxury tax if it puts us over the top as a team. I’ve heard that before with no moves but he could have something up his sleeve.

They're getting close. The Encarnacion deal puts them close to it but he came so cheap, they couldn't pass on him. Judge is expected back tomorrow as well! Can't wait to see these guys all healthy tearing up opposing pitchers. Hopefully they can start this weekend with Houston!

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/21/19 01:45 PM

They took the first from Houston. 3 more to go! Encarnacion hits his second homer as a Yankee. Looks like he's getting more comfortable in pinstripes!

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/21/19 08:33 PM

Hicks hurt again!

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/21/19 09:58 PM

Hopefully they bring Frazier back then!

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/22/19 04:01 AM

They brought hicks in the game today so maybe he’s not hurt too bad. Stanton is having trouble adjusting, I think it could be his stance. There’s just no rhythm in there. So stiff.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/22/19 03:01 PM

They brought hicks in the game today so maybe he’s not hurt too bad. Stanton is having trouble adjusting, I think it could be his stance. There’s just no rhythm in there. So stiff.

He just got back. Judge and Stanton have time to adjust in my book. Just glad they're back and that the Yanks just took another from Houston!

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/23/19 08:40 PM

Going for the sweep against Houston tonight!

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/24/19 08:39 PM

Happ has not been pitching well. Would like to see them add someone to help the rotation even with severino coming back. If not for that one terrible inning, I think we win that last game against the Astros. 3/4 is still satisfying regardless.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/24/19 08:39 PM

He just got back. Judge and Stanton have time to adjust in my book. Just glad they're back and that the Yanks just took another from Houston!

I believe once they get their practice swings in they will both be huge for our lineup. Would like to see our lineup hit for average more than last year. I think they’ve been doing that so far.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/25/19 06:37 PM

I agree, the Yankees need pitching before the deadline. Glad to get Severino back (the rumor is he'll be back around the All-Star break the last time I heard). So that's basically like a pick-up. Also, I've heard if the Yankees trade Frazier, it won't be for a rental or for someone only controllable for next year, which I'm happy about. I'd love for them to keep him, but don't sell low on him!

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/26/19 10:47 PM

I like that we will get to see the yanks play so early in the morning when they go to London.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/27/19 05:54 PM

Too early for me unfortunately. 9am on Sunday! Plus, now Stanton's back on the DL with a knee injury. Geez, this guy can't stay healthy and that was a concern of mine when they traded for him. He's been banged up somewhat in his career.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/27/19 07:46 PM

Stanton being injured really hurts us. But I think we can stay afloat until he gets back. Frazier will be called back up I think.

Re: MLB 2019 - 06/27/19 08:23 PM

I hope so. Would like to see Frazier back up but for the series this weekend they called up Mike Tauchman. Also, Cashman says he won't be back until August so there goes another month he's gonna miss. This is a lost season for him.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/01/19 06:23 PM

Yanks take both in London against Boston. They're now 6-1 against them on the season!

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/01/19 08:24 PM

The pitchers didn’t look too good in London. Must have been jet lag. Weird games but yanks pulled them both out thankfully.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/02/19 05:40 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure if it was the jet lag or dead center being 385. I don't think MLB complained about the offense though. But as you said, just happy we got the W's

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/02/19 07:45 PM

Still wondering who they are going to pursue at the deadline. I have seen reports about Bauer.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/02/19 08:53 PM

Still wondering who they are going to pursue at the deadline. I have seen reports about Bauer.

I'm more concerned with what they'll have to give up. Reports are they signed the hottest international prospect Jasson Dominguez. It was for $5.1 million and some (Fangraphs) already rank him as the #61 best prospect in all of baseball (and he's only 16-years-old!)

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/04/19 12:39 AM

Subway Series.... could the Mets actually take both?

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/04/19 01:56 PM

Subway Series.... could the Mets actually take both?

Close call on the second game until the 6th.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/04/19 01:57 PM

I'm more concerned with what they'll have to give up. Reports are they signed the hottest international prospect Jasson Dominguez. It was for $5.1 million and some (Fangraphs) already rank him as the #61 best prospect in all of baseball (and he's only 16-years-old!)

I see some pretty lofty expectations being set on this kid already

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/05/19 04:58 PM

Yup. They're calling him the next Trout but sounds like everybody wanted to get him. The Yankees put all their eggs in one basket because he pretty much was the only player they could sign internationally this year. Let's hope it pays off for them! He can't play any this year so we won't be able to see a glimpse of him until next season.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/06/19 05:40 PM

Yup. They're calling him the next Trout but sounds like everybody wanted to get him. The Yankees put all their eggs in one basket because he pretty much was the only player they could sign internationally this year. Let's hope it pays off for them! He can't play any this year so we won't be able to see a glimpse of him until next season.

For that money they obviously really like what they see and they believe the hype. Best case scenario is that he’s develops for a season or 2 and he comes up as a 18-19 year old phenom.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/06/19 05:40 PM

Yanks have been pulling it out in extras recently

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/06/19 05:53 PM

His baseball card next year will be outrageous!

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/06/19 06:20 PM

For that money they obviously really like what they see and they believe the hype. Best case scenario is that he’s develops for a season or 2 and he comes up as a 18-19 year old phenom.

Personally, I wouldn't rush him. You'll have Judge in right and Hicks in center. I hope they keep Frazier and he can slide into left once Gardner retires. That way they can make sure Dominguez is ready.

Yanks have been pulling it out in extras recently

Good wins against Tampa. Glad they're pulling them out!

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/07/19 02:58 AM

Mets leading in the 8th

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/11/19 01:47 AM

How did you all enjoy the all star game and home run derby? I thought both were great. Yanks have to build their lead to start off the second half.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/11/19 03:30 PM

I didn't watch any of it (haven't even seen the highlights). Just looking forward to tomorrow when the second half starts. Trade deadline is 20 days away. Should be an exciting few weeks!

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/13/19 04:30 AM

I didn't watch any of it (haven't even seen the highlights). Just looking forward to tomorrow when the second half starts. Trade deadline is 20 days away. Should be an exciting few weeks!

I think the yanks will be adding relievers and some more bats. The market for starters isn’t too hot right now. I want to see them pursue a blue chip starter no matter what but I have my hopes set low.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/13/19 05:34 PM

If you didn't watch the HR Derby you definitely missed out. Vlad Jr. and Joc Pedersen put on the best round the Derby has ever seen!

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/15/19 04:24 PM

I think the yanks will be adding relievers and some more bats. The market for starters isn’t too hot right now. I want to see them pursue a blue chip starter no matter what but I have my hopes set low.

I do too but from what I'm hearing, the Yankees want someone controllable through at least next year (which I like). I don't want to to the rental route, especially if you have to give up good talent for it. Time will tell.

If you didn't watch the HR Derby you definitely missed out. Vlad Jr. and Joc Pedersen put on the best round the Derby has ever seen!

I never do. It's too long. I don't know if they've done anything to change that but I haven't tuned in in years to watch one.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/16/19 06:31 PM

Y'all enjoying that gift in D.J. Lemahieu yet? I told you that you got a good one! I see he's doing well moving leagues. Generally you have a rough year and then your 2nd year is when you're back to hitting like normal. He just moved over and started hitting right away

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/16/19 08:01 PM

Y'all enjoying that gift in D.J. Lemahieu yet? I told you that you got a good one! I see he's doing well moving leagues. Generally you have a rough year and then your 2nd year is when you're back to hitting like normal. He just moved over and started hitting right away

Guys been huge for us, as have others (Urshela comes to mind). Glad DJ didn't get snubbed with the All-Star nomination (Gleyber too)

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/17/19 12:53 AM

Really dropped the ball in game 1 against the rays yesterday. Would be nice to pull out a win tonight and tomorrow.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/17/19 07:22 PM

Guys been huge for us, as have others (Urshela comes to mind). Glad DJ didn't get snubbed with the All-Star nomination (Gleyber too)

Yea if you remember he won a batting title in Denver too. I really wished the Rockies would have kept him, but with all the hype of Brendan Rodgers and Garrett Hampson we decided he was expendable and as I figured he's killing it. I'm happy for him though, he didn't do anything wrong so like Tulo I hope he does well. Now Rodgers tore his shoulder up and is out for the year and Hampson only plays when McMahon (another youngster) sits and even though I had high hopes for Hampson he's simply not getting the at bats that he should. He easily runs 1st to 3rd in 6.48 is what they clocked him at two nights ago but he'll never learn playing once a week. McMahon has hype because he batted like .400 to beat Hampson out for 2nd in the spring but as I figured he's hitting like .245 now just like the last couple of years and he'll never be more than that. Oddly enough hitting is hurting the Rockies more than usual and the main reason they are back under .500 Of course the pitching is horrendous but keep looking for this name, German Marquez. I have a feeling the Rockies will try to deal him or Jon Gray eventually and Marquez is the ace. His numbers will not blow you away because of playing in Denver but the guy has #2-#3 legit starter all over him. He has a nasty cutter and slider. The key seems to be power pitchers in Denver but we can't seem to draft one that knows "how" to pitch. Just throwing hard doesn't cut it.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/17/19 07:45 PM

Yea if you remember he won a batting title in Denver too. I really wished the Rockies would have kept him, but with all the hype of Brendan Rodgers and Garrett Hampson we decided he was expendable and as I figured he's killing it. I'm happy for him though, he didn't do anything wrong so like Tulo I hope he does well. Now Rodgers tore his shoulder up and is out for the year and Hampson only plays when McMahon (another youngster) sits and even though I had high hopes for Hampson he's simply not getting the at bats that he should. He easily runs 1st to 3rd in 6.48 is what they clocked him at two nights ago but he'll never learn playing once a week. McMahon has hype because he batted like .400 to beat Hampson out for 2nd in the spring but as I figured he's hitting like .245 now just like the last couple of years and he'll never be more than that. Oddly enough hitting is hurting the Rockies more than usual and the main reason they are back under .500 Of course the pitching is horrendous but keep looking for this name, German Marquez. I have a feeling the Rockies will try to deal him or Jon Gray eventually and Marquez is the ace. His numbers will not blow you away because of playing in Denver but the guy has #2-#3 legit starter all over him. He has a nasty cutter and slider. The key seems to be power pitchers in Denver but we can't seem to draft one that knows "how" to pitch. Just throwing hard doesn't cut it.

Gray has great stuff

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/18/19 01:31 AM

Really dropped the ball in game 1 against the rays yesterday. Would be nice to pull out a win tonight and tomorrow.

Pulled off a great win last night. Today got rained out. Tampa's not going away. I have a feeling they're going to be nibbling on our heels the rest of the season.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/18/19 01:33 AM

The key seems to be power pitchers in Denver but we can't seem to draft one that knows "how" to pitch. Just throwing hard doesn't cut it.

The Yankees found that out about Michael Pineda. The guy has great stuff but can't consistently put it together from start-to-start

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/19/19 05:12 PM

Took 3 out of 4 from Tampa and increased our lead over them to 8 games, with Boston now 10 back! Plus a 2 1/2 game lead over Houston for the best record in the AL and tied with the Dodgers for the best in all of baseball. It's still early, but I love the way this team is playing!

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/19/19 06:43 PM

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...lemahieu-became-household-nickname-bronx

Great story on DJ or as y'all call him now, The Machine! I'm happy for him, I really am and he's still loved in Denver. It still pisses me off they thought he was expendable. $12 million was more than enough to keep him in Denver, but it also explains why the Rockies are losing too letting talent leave like that for cheap prices.

Revis, Gray does have good stuff but he just can't seem to put it all together in Denver. I think we could flip him for two good arms or a good young 2nd baseman/outfielder. The pitching situation really can't get any worse for the Rockies at this point. If we trade Marquez though I'm done. LOL. But I think he could be gone once he becomes a free agent.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/19/19 08:07 PM

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...lemahieu-became-household-nickname-bronx

Great story on DJ or as y'all call him now, The Machine! I'm happy for him, I really am and he's still loved in Denver. It still pisses me off they thought he was expendable. $12 million was more than enough to keep him in Denver, but it also explains why the Rockies are losing too letting talent leave like that for cheap prices.

Yanks kinda took a chance on him though. A lot of people I think thought he couldn't hit outside of Colorado. But yes, the Yankees scooped up another diamond. I honestly don't believe Cashman and the team gets enough credit for the moves they make sometimes (Didi, DJ, Urshela, etc.).

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/20/19 04:16 PM

I understand that too, but most of the time hitting in Denver involves with more home runs than say batting average. It's hard to win a batting title no matter where you play and he unfairly got that label. Just like Nolan Arenado catches hell about his home run totals even though he hits more on the road than he does at home.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/20/19 06:38 PM

I understand that too, but most of the time hitting in Denver involves with more home runs than say batting average. It's hard to win a batting title no matter where you play and he unfairly got that label. Just like Nolan Arenado catches hell about his home run totals even though he hits more on the road than he does at home.

I hear that. Same with the Yankees because of their dimensions. I've suggested having the fence be the same length at every ballpark, to make it more uniform and fair, but that was shot down by others. Baseball is the only sport where the size of the playing field changes from park to park. Think about it, football, basketball, hockey, they're all the same. Baseball is the only sport where the size of the field changes from city to city.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/21/19 07:31 PM

I could see both sides of that argument. Marquez is pitching pretty good today against the Yanks. Hopefully the pen doesn't blow this one

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/21/19 08:22 PM

I'm happy with 2 out of 3. Another series win.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/22/19 08:26 PM

I'm happy with 2 out of 3. Another series win.

So am I. Big series against the Twins. 4 games, both teams could make a big move for starting pitching before the deadline.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/23/19 03:27 PM

CC had a terrible game last night. 4 home runs!?

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/24/19 04:51 PM

Great come from behind win yesterday for the Yankees. Way to grind it out! The pitching needs to settle down and stop surrendering so many home runs lately.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/27/19 07:35 PM

Man the Yankees need pitching. The last 5 games have been laughable for the rotation. Nobody's pitched well and has been giving up too many homeruns! Only 4 more days until the trade deadline. Let's see what Cashman has up his sleeve. I'm hoping they don't trade Fraizer or the kid in Double A they're raving about, Deivi Garcia. They're comparing him to Pedro Martinez.

Re: MLB 2019 - 07/31/19 04:43 PM

Kind of an odd start to the trading deadling. Stroman to the Mets? Bauer to the Reds? What's going on here?

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/01/19 02:12 AM

I am surprised at the reds getting Bauer. Cashman didn’t pull the trigger on anyone. We will know if he was right or wrong when we see how the postseason plays out. They have been slumping lately but I think they will bounce back.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/01/19 10:41 AM

I am surprised at the reds getting Bauer. Cashman didn’t pull the trigger on anyone. We will know if he was right or wrong when we see how the postseason plays out. They have been slumping lately but I think they will bounce back.

Yeah they've been in a real bad slump lately but I'm glad they held on to the prospects (especially Frazier and Garcia). Like you said, time will tell. Hopefully we can maybe get Jordan Montgomery, Severino or Losiagna back soon.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/02/19 06:02 PM

Yeah they've been in a real bad slump lately but I'm glad they held on to the prospects (especially Frazier and Garcia). Like you said, time will tell. Hopefully we can maybe get Jordan Montgomery, Severino or Losiagna back soon.

If Garcia is the real deal then it looks like he’ll be up in a month to help out.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/02/19 09:40 PM

Yeah when the rosters expand in September he could get a shot. I just hope they don't rush him is all.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/03/19 01:46 AM

I had the Yanks cruising to the Series until the 'Stros robbed Greinke from the D'backs. Houston has a NASTY pitching rotation!

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/03/19 12:35 PM

I had the Yanks cruising to the Series until the 'Stros robbed Greinke from the D'backs. Houston has a NASTY pitching rotation!

Still a lot of baseball to be played and remember, we should still be getting Severino and Betances back before the end of the season. The Yankees have the 2nd best record in the AL with a league leading amount of players on the DL AND without their ace all season.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/04/19 09:28 PM

Great series against Boston. A sweep could really help us get on a roll.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/04/19 11:22 PM

Great series against Boston. A sweep could really help us get on a roll.

Would love to see it! These last 3 games puts Boston squarely out of contention for the division this year me thinks. Only hope for the playoffs would be a wild card.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/05/19 01:48 PM

Great series. Minus Torres and Urshela being hurt. Thinking they’ll be ready soon.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/05/19 06:16 PM

Another day, another injury. First Encarnacion gets hit on the wrist, then Hicks goes down, now Urshela (who I've heard is supposed to play today) and then Torres. Geez, can the playoffs start already before someone else goes on the DL!?

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/06/19 02:56 AM

Another day, another injury. First Encarnacion gets hit on the wrist, then Hicks goes down, now Urshela (who I've heard is supposed to play today) and then Torres. Geez, can the playoffs start already before someone else goes on the DL!?

Urshela and Torres injuries don’t seem serious so that’s a huge relief. You are right, above all we need to stay healthy.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/06/19 06:16 PM

Urshela and Torres injuries don’t seem serious so that’s a huge relief. You are right, above all we need to stay healthy.

I am concerned about the Encarnacion injury those. Wrist injuries tend to zap the power of hitters and that's what Edwin is.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/06/19 06:46 PM

Mets looking Good.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/06/19 07:58 PM

Mets looking Good.

I can't believe they got Stroman at the deadline and held on to both Syndergaard and Wheeler. On paper they're a better team but the players just haven't been producing. Even Diaz who they traded for in the offseason.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/07/19 02:46 AM

I am concerned about the Encarnacion injury those. Wrist injuries tend to zap the power of hitters and that's what Edwin is.

I think we will be ok with or without him. Just need to keep hitting. And we need our starting pitching to hold up to get to the pen.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/07/19 02:29 PM

And we need our starting pitching to hold up to get to the pen.

That's going to be the difference this year between us winning or losing. Hope we get Severino and Betances back soon so they can get some innings under them before the playoffs start. Wouldn't mind seeing Daivi Garcia called up next month either to see how he does. Can't be much worse than the way everyone else has been pitching as of late. Tanaka had a 6-1 lead the other night (against Baltimore) and coughed it up. Luckily the Yankees held on but still. To Baltimore!?

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/07/19 05:51 PM

That's going to be the difference this year between us winning or losing. Hope we get Severino and Betances back soon so they can get some innings under them before the playoffs start. Wouldn't mind seeing Daivi Garcia called up next month either to see how he does. Can't be much worse than the way everyone else has been pitching as of late. Tanaka had a 6-1 lead the other night (against Baltimore) and coughed it up. Luckily the Yankees held on but still. To Baltimore!?

That’s what happens when our offense keeps pressing. We can overcome mis-steps from starters. When we strikeout in an abundance like last season then we tend to suffer offensively. We’ve really turned into a better contact hitting team thanks to LeMahieu, Urshela and others.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/07/19 08:25 PM

That’s what happens when our offense keeps pressing. We can overcome mis-steps from starters. When we strikeout in an abundance like last season then we tend to suffer offensively. We’ve really turned into a better contact hitting team thanks to LeMahieu, Urshela and others.

Those fill in guys have been the difference thus far this season with all the injures we've had (especially to our top players). I still don't think Cashman and the rest of the front office get enough credit for taking a chance on these guys, many of whom were throwaways from other teams.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/08/19 08:23 PM

Those fill in guys have been the difference thus far this season with all the injures we've had (especially to our top players). I still don't think Cashman and the rest of the front office get enough credit for taking a chance on these guys, many of whom were throwaways from other teams.

They should. And if the yanks win the series this year then they will and we won’t hear the end of it.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/09/19 05:43 PM

I hope so. Boone deserves a lot of credit as well with the lineup. I just hope they get healthy in time for the playoffs because despite the amount of injures so far this season, they're still the best team in the AL and tied with the Dodgers for best in the league! That's incredible.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/09/19 06:14 PM

I hope so. Boone deserves a lot of credit as well with the lineup. I just hope they get healthy in time for the playoffs because despite the amount of injures so far this season, they're still the best team in the AL and tied with the Dodgers for best in the league! That's incredible.

Getting home field advantage through the postseason is a must

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/09/19 06:34 PM

Absolutely! Especially against Houston. I still feel if we had home field advantage in 2017 we would have won that series.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/10/19 06:27 PM

Absolutely! Especially against Houston. I still feel if we had home field advantage in 2017 we would have won that series.

Yes we would have. Still no excuse but we had so much momentum at the stadium that year.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/10/19 06:28 PM

What happened with Gardner last night? Got thrown out for hitting his bat against the dugout again? Or was he mistaken for someone else shouting from the dugout?

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/10/19 08:02 PM

He says he was mistaken for someone else and the ump lied to him (the ump said he threw him out for saying something but Gardner denies saying anything).

Good news is Sanchez is off the DL and Severino threw off a mound yesterday for the first time since Spring Training!

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/11/19 12:55 AM

What happened with Gardner last night? Got thrown out for hitting his bat against the dugout again? Or was he mistaken for someone else shouting from the dugout?

He was acting like a Jerk

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/11/19 12:55 AM

Mets Game last night was Truly amazing

Doing well tonight also.

Let’s see if they can pull it off.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/11/19 01:01 AM

Lot of baseball left.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/11/19 01:02 AM

He says he was mistaken for someone else and the ump lied to him (the ump said he threw him out for saying something but Gardner denies saying anything).

Good news is Sanchez is off the DL and Severino threw off a mound yesterday for the first time since Spring Training!

Severino and possibly Garcia being solid would really help us immensely.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/11/19 04:21 PM

I know this may sound dumb but I think they need to put Severino in the bullpen and work his arm that way. These guys all seem the same once they start having arm/shoulder issues they never seem to get rid of the issues.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/11/19 09:38 PM

I know this may sound dumb but I think they need to put Severino in the bullpen and work his arm that way. These guys all seem the same once they start having arm/shoulder issues they never seem to get rid of the issues.

I see what you're saying but we need starting pitching more than relievers right now. Boone said they might try and build him up at the MLB level next month if he continues to progress well. Maybe have him throw 2 innings one start, then 3 the next, etc.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/14/19 08:57 PM

We really did a great job against the Os this year in comparison to last.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/15/19 06:20 PM

We really did a great job against the Os this year in comparison to last.

Absolutely. I think we have a 14-game win streak against them currently. Totally crushing them! And German leads the major's in wins (not bad for a guy who lost time to the DL this season).

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/16/19 02:50 PM

Wow they took it on the chin last night. Nobody pitched well (they gave up 7 home runs as a team)! Glad to see Loaisiga back though. Hopefully he'll be able to help us down the stretch.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/16/19 02:52 PM

Wow they took it on the chin last night. Nobody pitched well (they gave up 7 home runs as a team)! Glad to see Loaisiga back though. Hopefully he'll be able to help us down the stretch.

This is a good test. This will tell us a lot if they answer back strongly.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/16/19 05:19 PM

Very true. They've got Tanaka on the mound tonight.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/22/19 12:27 AM

Did not look good against the As last night. Could not get our runners on base in.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/22/19 05:00 PM

The past 2 games. Hope they can at least salvage it. Was surprised German got knocked around in his outing.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/24/19 04:36 AM

The past 2 games. Hope they can at least salvage it. Was surprised German got knocked around in his outing.

It seems as though Stanton hasn’t played in ages. Would love to see him back in the lineup.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/24/19 04:37 AM

They really looked completely out of character against the As based on the way they’ve been playing this season. Hitting just wasn’t there. Pitching wasn’t too good either but I was especially surprised by the lack of production at the plate.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/24/19 08:16 PM

It seems as though Stanton hasn’t played in ages. Would love to see him back in the lineup.

He hasn't. He's only played 9 games so far this season (31 plate appearances). But I'm hearing he's getting close to coming back and should rejoin the team next month and get some reps in before the playoffs begin, barring a setback of course.

They really looked completely out of character against the As based on the way they’ve been playing this season. Hitting just wasn’t there. Pitching wasn’t too good either but I was especially surprised by the lack of production at the plate.

They looked great last night from what I saw on the highlights. They lit Ryu up! Great bounce back win after getting swept by Oakland.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/26/19 06:31 PM

Nice series win against the Dodgers in LA! Statement made this weekend beating both Ryu and Kershaw.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/27/19 02:53 AM

Nice series win against the Dodgers in LA! Statement made this weekend beating both Ryu and Kershaw.

Just have to keep winning. And it would be nice to be healthy with Severino and Stanton going into the postseason.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/27/19 06:18 PM

Just have to keep winning. And it would be nice to be healthy with Severino and Stanton going into the postseason.

I know. Betances too. Unless he has a setback, Stanton for sure should be back. Severino/Betances I haven't heard anything about recently but last I heard, they "should" make it back.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/27/19 10:18 PM

Severino is pitching in the minors on Sunday.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/28/19 12:54 AM

Mets started off great but not doing well right now.

4-1 CHI

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/28/19 06:29 PM

Severino is pitching in the minors on Sunday.

I saw that. Hope it's successful!

Mets started off great but not doing well right now.

4-1 CHI

They're still giving the Mets a higher chance to make the playoffs than the Phillies (who are ahead of them in the wild card race).

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/29/19 03:07 AM

The Mets schedule must be perceived as easy. I think they will get in as 2nd wild card. Will be a great race.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/29/19 03:11 AM

Boone said that Clint Frazier will be called up soon. Great news, I heard he’s been lighting it up in the minors.

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/29/19 03:47 PM

Boone said that Clint Frazier will be called up soon. Great news, I heard he’s been lighting it up in the minors.

Glad to hear it! Wonder if they're gonna bring up Garcia too since we've heard so much about him recently?

Re: MLB 2019 - 08/30/19 04:56 PM

Would like to see Garcia in action. It’s best if he’s reliable because yanks need starters to they can depend on in the playoffs.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/01/19 05:13 AM

The As have been a thorn in the yanks side. Just have a hard time hitting their pitchers this season. Taking 2 games here could lead to a boost of confidence.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/01/19 07:32 PM

Yup, Oakland has had their number recently. Glad they won yesterday but are down 3-0 right now. Plus Urshela and CC got put on the DL. Frazier got called up and Liasignia is taking over for CC. I hope Urshela isn't on the DL long. They need this kid and unfortunately, with the time missed, he may not qualify for the batting title (won't have enough ABs).

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/05/19 12:04 AM

Stanton should be coming back soon and I think he can really take us to another level. My only questions is how Boone is going to get everybody playing time once everyone is healthy.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/05/19 12:49 AM

Stanton should be coming back soon and I think he can really take us to another level. My only questions is how Boone is going to get everybody playing time once everyone is healthy.

That's a good problem to have. Encarnacion came back last night and hit a homer. Plus, Severino has another rehab start on Sunday and if all goes well, rumor is he could be on the major league roster after that (plus Betances might not be far behind him either).

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/06/19 10:35 PM

Urshela should be playing soon. LeMahieu and him are great line drive hitters. Torres is as well but he swing out of his shoes for the fences sometimes.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/07/19 05:36 PM

Can't believe they lost to Boston last night! I think German may be burned out. He hasn't pitched well his last few times out. That's not good. Gotta get him rested for the playoffs!

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/09/19 06:40 PM

Boston let Dave Dombrowski go!? eek lol

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/12/19 07:07 PM

Yanks are getting Severino and Staton back on Tuesday. Plus they may get Jordan Montgomery back on Sunday (pitching out of the bullpen) and Betances may not be far behind either! Glad we're getting all of these guys back at the same time and with a few weeks left in the regular season before the playoffs start.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/12/19 07:55 PM

Yanks are getting Severino and Staton back on Tuesday. Plus they may get Jordan Montgomery back on Sunday (pitching out of the bullpen) and Betances may not be far behind either! Glad we're getting all of these guys back at the same time and with a few weeks left in the regular season before the playoffs start.

We will be in very good shape heading into the postseason. If we have to face the Astros at some point, how do you see that playing out?

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/12/19 08:20 PM

We will be in very good shape heading into the postseason. If we have to face the Astros at some point, how do you see that playing out?

As long as we have home field advantage, I think we've got it. The Yanks are 53-22 at home and 42-29 on the road (whereas Houston is 39-33 on the road and 56-19 at home).

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/13/19 04:59 PM

As long as we have home field advantage, I think we've got it. The Yanks are 53-22 at home and 42-29 on the road (whereas Houston is 39-33 on the road and 56-19 at home).

I think I like our chances. Another loss against Houston would not sit well with Yankee fans.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/13/19 06:31 PM

I think I like our chances. Another loss against Houston would not sit well with Yankee fans.

Not at all, especially after we've weathered the storm for the entire year but now Encarnacion (strained oblique) and Sanchez (left groin tightness) are both hurt again!

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/16/19 11:28 AM

I agree on the home field advantage deciding that series. Houston will be tough with their staff

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/17/19 03:46 AM

Relief pitching will play a huge role for the Astros and Yankees if they play each other. Yanks need to keep pressure on the Astros pitching.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/17/19 03:34 PM

Relief pitching will play a huge role for the Astros and Yankees if they play each other. Yanks need to keep pressure on the Astros pitching.

Houston has the better rotation but New York has the better pen in my opinion.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/18/19 12:48 AM

Houston has the better rotation but New York has the better pen in my opinion.

We all can agree on that. I think it should be a great series. But the Yankees have more pressure to win than the Astros because if they lose to the Astros again the fan base will be in a frenzy.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/18/19 12:49 AM

Severino looked great. I look forward to Boone pushing his limits by letting him go deeper into games.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/19/19 12:38 AM

Mets Win!

Yanks Undeniably the Best.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/21/19 12:49 AM

Now that they’ve clinched the division home field advantage would be great

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/22/19 03:48 PM

Stanton is back and he looks great.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/23/19 07:36 PM

Going to be a tight race for #1 seed in the MLB.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/27/19 10:37 PM

Look for the yanks to bounce back a little after the rays series.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/29/19 08:40 PM

The Yankees get the Twins in the first round and the winner of the A's/Rays plays Houston. As much as I wanted home field advantage throughout the playoffs, I'm glad to not be facing Oakland or Tampa. Those are tough teams and I think the Yankees might have the "easiest" team with Minnesota, as they've had their number in recent years.

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/30/19 10:59 AM

They'll sweep the Twins

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/30/19 08:36 PM

I think the wild card game will be fun to watch. Can either wild card team upset the Astros though?

Re: MLB 2019 - 09/30/19 08:50 PM

I think the wild card game will be fun to watch. Can either wild card team upset the Astros though?

I think Oakland has a better shot to upset them personally. For the NL, the Nats should make easy work of the Brewers. Can't wait for Friday to see my Yankees play (still no start time though).

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/02/19 12:55 AM

Heading in to the game I was picking the Nats over the Brewers but in the top of the 3rd, the Brewers have a 3 run lead eek

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/02/19 03:59 PM

Wow, even more surprised the Nats came back to win last night. Great game but definitely feel bad for Grisham. Picking Oakland over Tampa tonight.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/03/19 12:09 AM

Wow, even more surprised the Nats came back to win last night. Great game but definitely feel bad for Grisham. Picking Oakland over Tampa tonight.

I think I am going with Tampa. Last night’s game was the perfect example of why baseball is so great. You can get your ass kicked for most of the game but that one inning can win you the game.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/03/19 12:31 AM

I think I am going with Tampa. Last night’s game was the perfect example of why baseball is so great. You can get your ass kicked for most of the game but that one inning can win you the game.

Exactly! Love October baseball. Friday can't come soon enough. Wanna see my Yankees beat down those Twins!

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/03/19 02:16 AM

Exactly! Love October baseball. Friday can't come soon enough. Wanna see my Yankees beat down those Twins!

You and me both friend. Would kill and discourage me to see them come out flat.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/03/19 06:22 PM

You and me both friend. Would kill and discourage me to see them come out flat.

I know. I saw CC isn't on the roster for the ALDS! eek

I'm 1-1 after the wild card games. Here's my predictions for the divisional series: Yankees over Twins, Astros over Rays, LA over Washington, and Atlanta over St. Louis.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/03/19 06:36 PM

Yankees, Rays, Dodgers, Atlanta. Mostly the same predictions.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/03/19 08:22 PM

Yankees, Rays, Dodgers, Atlanta. Mostly the same predictions.

Rooting for Yankees, Rays, Cardinals and Nats

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/04/19 05:53 PM

It begins tonight with Paxton on the hill. Can't wait!

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/04/19 10:42 PM

I have been waiting impatiently. This is what we have been waiting for. I wish I could be at the stadium for this game.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/05/19 12:14 PM

Terrific start for the yanks. I hope their bats keep doing this. Paxton has looked better but for most of his outing looked solid. Stanton is going to be huge for us this postseason. Looked poised at the plate.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/05/19 01:34 PM

Glad we got the win last night. Paxton started off a little shaky but settled down and didn't let the early deficient get to him. I think the first 3 times Stanton came to the plate with runners in scoring position and didn't push one of them across. Granted he took 2 walks during those appearances, so I'd rather have the walks than strikeouts but he's gonna get those runners in.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/06/19 02:06 PM

Glad the Yanks got the win again last night and heading to Minnesota to (hopefully) close it out tomorrow night!

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/06/19 08:03 PM

Huge win. They are rolling right now.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/06/19 09:50 PM

Huge win. They are rolling right now.

So is Houston (unfortunately). Looks like they're destined to meet in the ALCS. Just hope the Yanks avenge 2017

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/07/19 08:32 PM

If the yanks lose to the Astros again then the fans will be sick to their stomachs. We’ve spoken about that before. Looks like the Rays got a game though.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/08/19 05:08 PM

Great win last night. Looks like we are going to get a great ALCS

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/08/19 05:36 PM

Congrats to the Yanks on the sweep! Bring on the Rays or Astros!! Glad we got the sweep and getting some rest before Game 1 on Saturday.

I won't lie, I'd rather play the Rays (even though I want revenge against the Astros). Just think it'll be funnier if Tampa beats Houston rather than New York lol

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/09/19 03:59 PM

Congrats to the Yanks on the sweep! Bring on the Rays or Astros!! Glad we got the sweep and getting some rest before Game 1 on Saturday.

I won't lie, I'd rather play the Rays (even though I want revenge against the Astros). Just think it'll be funnier if Tampa beats Houston rather than New York lol

It would be very funny. So many people have written the Rays off. Not anymore. Our Yanks are getting some rest in between the ALDS and ALCS.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/09/19 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks

It would be very funny. So many people have written the Rays off. Not anymore. Our Yanks are getting some rest in between the ALDS and ALCS.

Looking forward to this weekend when Games 1 & 2 are scheduled to be played. SO glad Verlander got shelled last night! lol

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/10/19 04:03 PM

The rays have a real shot here. I think if they can get to Cole early they’re going to win. I have them winning tonight.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/10/19 04:05 PM

The Dodgers loss must hurt. Clayton Kershaw can only learn from this. They’ll be back next year though, I think we can bet on that.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/10/19 05:33 PM

The rays have a real shot here. I think if they can get to Cole early they’re going to win. I have them winning tonight.

I agree with you and that'll be key to the Rays winning tonight: get to Cole early, take the crowd out of it, and put the pressure on Houston. Unfortunately, I'm calling Cole and the Astros tonight (but REALLY hoping Tampa can upset them!).

The Dodgers loss must hurt. Clayton Kershaw can only learn from this. They’ll be back next year though, I think we can bet on that.

LA will be back due to their weak division and they have a good team. They just choke year after year in the playoffs.

I'm surprised by that beat down the Cards gave the Braves (and I'm surprised the Nats pulled it out on the road in LA). Being a Yankee fan, I have very little interest in the National League but I might actually catch some of the Cards/Nats series (it's the NLCS I wanted).

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/11/19 03:38 PM

This ALCS will be very competitive. I think the Yankees have to steal some runs from the Astros great starting pitching.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/11/19 04:55 PM

This is basically the World Series. Good thing is I don't think the Yankees should have to face Verlander or Cole in Games 1 or 2. We'll probably face Greinke in Game 1 and they can either throw Verlander out there again on short rest for Game 2 or someone else like Miley. Either way, the pitching matchups should be in our favor since Tampa pushed Houston to 5 games. But, just like in 2017, the Yankees are going to have to win one in Houston to advance. Hopefully they can take Game 1 or 2 and finish it in New York by Game 5. Either way, I want revenge and I'll be watching!

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/11/19 10:55 PM

I agree with everything you said. Have to find a way to win this. Do you think that we’ll make a big offer to cole in the offseason?

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/12/19 05:56 PM

I don't think the Yankees are signing Cole. Yes they need starting pitching, but if the last few offseason's have taught us anything, it's that the Yankees don't hand out those types of contracts as much as they used to. This past offseason, everyone had Machado going to the Yankees (and in years past, Harper). They passed on both of them and I'm happy about that. Those contracts never work out in the long-run and they went and got DJ LeMahieu, who is a MVP contender and picked up scraps like Gio Urshela for next to nothing. So no, I don't see the Yankees getting Cole. What they'll do to address the rotation I have no idea but this is how it'll be as of now: Severino, Tanaka, Paxton, Happ, and Montgomery.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/12/19 10:12 PM

I hope they do get a big arm somehow. Whether it is cole or not. The yanks need to get to Greinke early tonight.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/13/19 12:32 PM

Much needed win last night! Everybody did their part.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/13/19 07:11 PM

Absolutely LOVED last night's game. The Yanks put that beat down on Houston to take Game 1. Tanaka and Torres were unstoppable! Hopefully they can do the same to Verlander tonight clap

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/14/19 12:51 PM

The Astros winning that game has to swing the series in their favor with the pitching matchups I hate to say. Not a good game for us at all. Looked asleep.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/14/19 04:27 PM

I knew once Ottavino gave up the game tying homerun in the 5th it was over. Then we couldn't push another run across. Then we were bringing in CC, Losiagna and Happ. Once that happened, I knew it was only a matter of time. I still like us in Game 4 and Game 5 (who'll be Greinke) even if we lose Game 3. Go back to Houston for Game 6 up 3-2, gotta do it in 6 because Cole will be Game 7. But yeah, tough loss yesterday.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/14/19 07:38 PM

Do you think we can beat Cole in game 3 or Verlander in game 6 if it comes to that? Game 3 is really a must win for the Astros I think.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/14/19 07:54 PM

Cole, I'm not sure because we only saw him once this year, but he will be on the road. I like our chances against Verlander in Game 6 better.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/15/19 03:35 AM

The only problem is that Verlander will be fully rested for game 6.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/15/19 03:47 PM

The only problem is that Verlander will be fully rested for game 6.

He was fully rested for Game 2 and we still got 2 runs off of him. Again, the way Cole's been pitching this postseason, I liked our chances against Verlander better. We shall see. Don't like the fact it's an early game today though.

Also, Games 3, 4, and 5 are today through Thursday, with Friday being a travel day and Games 6 & 7 on Saturday and Sunday. But if it rains tomorrow (which the forecast says it's suppose to), then Games 4 & 5 will be Thursday and Friday and Games 6 & 7 are still on Saturday and Sunday (no more off days in between games). That wouldn't be good for our bullpen.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/15/19 11:14 PM

Yanks offense looks defeated. Had many chances in this game 3 to jump out in front. Once again, their hitting is inconsistent in the postseason. Much like the last few times we have been in the playoffs.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/16/19 05:25 PM

They should have bunted in the first with LaMahieu and Judge on with no outs. Gotta manufacture runs against someone like Cole. And then Didi's 3-run shot is a few feet shy of going over the fence. Heartbreaking! Tonight's game is rained out. Meaning Game 4 is on Thursday, Game 5 on Friday, Game 6 on Saturday, and Game 7 on Sunday. No more off days.

Congrats to the Nats on a dominate NLCS performance (and without Bryce Harper as well). We'll see if the layoff hurts or helps them.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/16/19 11:15 PM

I said the same about bunting. Did not hit with runners on and that’s what killed us. I wouldn’t put it past them to win 3 in a row but not with the offense that has been showing up recently.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/16/19 11:17 PM

Nats were dominant. And they will be well rested for the World Series.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/17/19 05:54 PM

I said the same about bunting. Did not hit with runners on and that’s what killed us. I wouldn’t put it past them to win 3 in a row but not with the offense that has been showing up recently.

I like our chances tonight against Greinke so if we win it's tied up. Then against Verlander with us at home, I don't know, part of me thinks we can get to him (or maybe hold the lead this time). Again, Ottavino doesn't give up the homerun in the 5th inning of Game 2 and we win that game (remember, Verlander was the starter). But I like our chances going back to Houston up 3-2. Then it becomes, which game will Cole pitch? I think a Game 7 which means Game 6 is a bullpen game? If so, the Yankees would HAVE to win that in order to not face Cole, on the road, in a Game 7.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/17/19 06:13 PM

I agree I think these next 2 games are crucial. I believe if the Astros are down 3-2 they will pitch Cole on short rest. We will soon see how badly this Yankee team wants to win this series.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/17/19 06:38 PM

I agree I think these next 2 games are crucial. I believe if the Astros are down 3-2 they will pitch Cole on short rest. We will soon see how badly this Yankee team wants to win this series.

I think they want it, they've just gotta start hitting. Sanchez, Didi, and Encarnacion need to help LaMaheiu, Judge, and Torres out.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/18/19 06:22 PM

Terrible showing last night. Very surprised that they looked so sloppy on both sides of the ball.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/18/19 07:38 PM

They're playing like they don't want it. First game they hung up 7 runs. In games 2-4, 6. Hitters forgot to showup (Didi, Sanchez, Encarnacion, Gardner)

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/19/19 05:51 PM

Glad to see the Yankees play with a little more heart last night and win, forcing a Game 6. I like our odds against their bullpen and forcing a Game 7 tonight as well.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/20/19 10:25 PM

Pitiful way to end the series and their season. I think not having German on the roster really hurt us I doubt the Yankees pick up Encarnacion's $20 million option next year (they'll buy him out for $5 million). Now that they're out, LET'S GO NATS!

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/21/19 08:59 PM

Pitiful way to end the series and their season. I think not having German on the roster really hurt us I doubt the Yankees pick up Encarnacion's $20 million option next year (they'll buy him out for $5 million). Now that they're out, LET'S GO NATS!

Very pitiful. I do think some changes need to be made and Cashman needs to get the right players in place for next year. Better starting pitching and less strikeouts. Those should be our goals.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/22/19 01:20 AM

Very pitiful. I do think some changes need to be made and Cashman needs to get the right players in place for next year. Better starting pitching and less strikeouts. Those should be our goals.

I don't fault Cashman. The players didn't produce. I think they had the tools to win, they just didn't execute. Rumor is Cole's gonna go to Anaheim (or maybe San Diego) but the rumors are it'll definitely be out West. Strasburg I see staying in DC, even if he does opt out of the remainder of his contract. So the Yanks are going to have to pull off a trade if they're gonna get extra arms. Although, with German and Jordan Montgomery coming back, I'm not sure how urgent it is to get reinforcements. Also, I think not having Betances in the bullpen hurt us as well. He's a free agent and with him missing the entire year, save for one appearance, I wonder if the Yankees let him walk? Not to mention Chapman can opt out of his deal as well.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/22/19 11:41 PM

I don't fault Cashman. The players didn't produce. I think they had the tools to win, they just didn't execute. Rumor is Cole's gonna go to Anaheim (or maybe San Diego) but the rumors are it'll definitely be out West. Strasburg I see staying in DC, even if he does opt out of the remainder of his contract. So the Yanks are going to have to pull off a trade if they're gonna get extra arms. Although, with German and Jordan Montgomery coming back, I'm not sure how urgent it is to get reinforcements. Also, I think not having Betances in the bullpen hurt us as well. He's a free agent and with him missing the entire year, save for one appearance, I wonder if the Yankees let him walk? Not to mention Chapman can opt out of his deal as well.

I think it’s evident that we need a big arm in the rotation. Whether it’s Cole, Strasburg or whoever they can get in a trade. One to two more high contact hitters could benefit us as well. Betances coming back is huge as you said. Montgomery would give us huge depth in the rotation if he can return to form. Our top pitching prospect Garcia might get some looks too.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/23/19 01:56 PM

I think it’s evident that we need a big arm in the rotation. Whether it’s Cole, Strasburg or whoever they can get in a trade. One to two more high contact hitters could benefit us as well. Betances coming back is huge as you said. Montgomery would give us huge depth in the rotation if he can return to form. Our top pitching prospect Garcia might get some looks too.

Garcia I would not rush. Start him at Double-A with a promotion to Triple-A later in the year. The problem is there aren't many impact arms the Yankees can add to their rotation without completing gutting their farm system. Seems the Yankees always get squeezed for top prospects but Houston can trade for Cole, Verlander and Greinke for nobody's.

I did come across this yesterday however: Stanton to Cardinals?

I'd be open to it. Nothing against Stanton. I like him, but he strikes out too much and hasn't produced in New York when we've needed him. He wanted to get to the playoffs so badly and now he's been twice, and with the exception of 1 home run in the ALCS, he's been a nonfactor both postseasons. Plus, it'd free up some of our future payroll. I'm unsure what the Yankees could get back prospect wise, but from purely a financial standpoint, this wouldn't be the worst move the Yankees make I think. Bats are more readily available than pitching.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/24/19 06:30 PM

DC took out Houston's top 2 guns in Houston. Hoping they end it over the weekend at home. Looking good so far and finally able to get to both Cole and Verlander.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/28/19 06:57 PM

Yanks fire Larry Rothschild as pitching coach. If they were going to do it, wish they would have done it sooner to go after Mickey Callaway who's now with the Angels as their pitching coach.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/30/19 03:44 PM

Astros lose again! Game 7 tonight. LET'S GO NATS!

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/30/19 03:53 PM

Should be a great game. I have been focused on what the Yankees are going to do in the offseason just like you. I don’t think they will give Cole that much money but if Strasburg opts out he could be a little cheaper. They could also trade. I don’t think Stanton will ok a trade to St. Louis but he will to LA who I always looking to make a splash. I don’t think he will be traded though.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/30/19 03:54 PM

Yanks fire Larry Rothschild as pitching coach. If they were going to do it, wish they would have done it sooner to go after Mickey Callaway who's now with the Angels as their pitching coach.

That surprised me because I thought Rothschild was great. I felt that their hitting coach Thames should have been fired. I like him too but I think we need to get someone who stresses less strikeouts to our lineup as you said.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/30/19 05:17 PM

That surprised me because I thought Rothschild was great. I felt that their hitting coach Thames should have been fired. I like him too but I think we need to get someone who stresses less strikeouts to our lineup as you said.

I personally hope they go after Ray Searage. He's currently with the Pirates but with them cleaning house, perhaps they'll completely restock their team? If so and I'm the Yanks, I'd jump on him. He's done wonders with some of Pittsburgh pitchers.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/31/19 04:47 PM

I do not know much about him. I would like to see fresh blood though.

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/31/19 05:13 PM

I do not know much about him. I would like to see fresh blood though.

They'll have it either way. Yesterday I read the Yankees interviewed University of Michigan pitching coach Chris Fetter and are also set to interview Arkansas pitching coach Matt Hobbs.

Yankees Pitching Coach

Also, congrats to the Nats on winning the World Series and THANK YOU FOR BEATING THE ASTROS! clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Re: MLB 2019 - 10/31/19 11:49 PM

The Nats has such a journey. Congratulations to them. Offseason is officially underway. The Yanks didn’t pick up Edwin’s option so chances are he is gone.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/01/19 05:40 PM

I'm not surprised the Yanks passed on Encarnacion. They don't lack hitting but pitching. Cole sounds all but gone from Houston with his comments after the World Series and thanking the city for his time there. Sounds like he's gone!

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/01/19 07:01 PM

I think he’s gone too. He was pretty upset about not being put in the game. The angels are going to throw a lot of money at him.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/01/19 08:53 PM

I think he’s gone too. He was pretty upset about not being put in the game. The angels are going to throw a lot of money at him.

Yeah and that's what it's ultimately going to come down to.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/02/19 01:19 AM

I think the yanks will have to pursue either Cole, Strasburg or Bumgarner.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/02/19 06:17 PM

Strasburg I think will opt out but resign with DC. As I've said, I believe Cole will be outside of the Yankees price range. I actually brought up Bumgarner yesterday to someone I was talking to about this. I only fear that there's a lot of miles on his arm already. But a proven, 3-time World Series pitcher (and a lefty as well).

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/03/19 04:42 PM

Strasburg I think will opt out but resign with DC. As I've said, I believe Cole will be outside of the Yankees price range. I actually brought up Bumgarner yesterday to someone I was talking to about this. I only fear that there's a lot of miles on his arm already. But a proven, 3-time World Series pitcher (and a lefty as well).

Great big game pitcher. I don’t think he will make a splash as a free agent acquisition like cole or Strasburg though.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/03/19 09:49 PM

Great big game pitcher. I don’t think he will make a splash as a free agent acquisition like cole or Strasburg though.

Not as much money as Cole and Strasburg will command but he'll still get paid. Yanks are keeping Champman. Just like with CC, they're tacking on an extra year at $18 million (he already had 2 years at $30 million, so now it's a 3-year deal worth $48 million). I say that was a good move. Like to see them resign Betances now, as long as they don't go more than 3 years with him.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/05/19 02:10 AM

Didi did not accept his qualifying offer. I think that was expected but I think he will end up back with the Yankees. Unless the front office plays hard ball and decides to use the money elsewhere. Possibly for Cole.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/05/19 02:14 AM

I'm not surprised the Yanks issued him one and that he declined. Honestly, from what I've been reading online, I'm not sure the Yankees will bring him back. They may move Torres over to shortstop and have LaMeheiu at second and put their money into pitching. I'd like to see Didi back but I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees don't make him a strong offer.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/06/19 06:11 PM

I'm not surprised the Yanks issued him one and that he declined. Honestly, from what I've been reading online, I'm not sure the Yankees will bring him back. They may move Torres over to shortstop and have LaMeheiu at second and put their money into pitching. I'd like to see Didi back but I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees don't make him a strong offer.

I am in the same boat. Pitching is the concern. Another contact hitter should be high on the offseason list too.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/07/19 12:32 AM

I am in the same boat. Pitching is the concern. Another contact hitter should be high on the offseason list too.

Exactly. Would love another LaMaheiu but I know that's pushing it. But yes, we need someone to make contact and advance baserunners.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/09/19 01:59 AM

We got a new pitching coach. We should be able to see how this offseason is shaping up once GMs start making moves. We will see very soon if the yanks really are in on Cole, Strasburg or Bumgarner.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/09/19 08:43 PM

Yeah I'm unsure how I feel about the Matt Blake signing. Guess time will tell as I don't know much about him?

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/11/19 10:39 PM

I don’t either. Looks like there will be some big trades. Either Betts or Lindor will he traded. Maybe both.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/12/19 02:48 AM

I don’t either. Looks like there will be some big trades. Either Betts or Lindor will he traded. Maybe both.

I've heard some good things about Blake since his announcement. And for the most part, Cashman has earned my trust. He's made more good decisions than bad so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this. Yeah, it'll be curious if Betts and/or Lindor get traded, and if so, where they land?

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/12/19 07:31 PM

I think the Braves end up with Bumgarner

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/12/19 11:14 PM

I could see that. Hope the Yankees get at least someone.

In other news:

The Astros are cheaters!

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/16/19 02:48 PM

In other news:

The Astros are cheaters!

This is a huge scandal and they should be punished harshly for it.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/16/19 08:49 PM

In other news:

The Astros are cheaters!

Agreed. After the Red Sox/Yankees fines from earlier, Manfred said going forward, those caught engaging in using technology to cheat will receive harsh penalties. I want to see more than just a lost draft pick and a fine. Let's hope Manfred is a man of his word but from the evidence I've seen so far, going back as early as 2017 and even continuing this year, it doesn't look good for Houston.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/17/19 02:38 PM

In other news:

The Astros are cheaters!

Agreed. After the Red Sox/Yankees fines from earlier, Manfred said going forward, those caught engaging in using technology to cheat will receive harsh penalties. I want to see more than just a lost draft pick and a fine. Let's hope Manfred is a man of his word but from the evidence I've seen so far, going back as early as 2017 and even continuing this year, it doesn't look good for Houston.

I think he will have to make make an example out of them.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/17/19 02:39 PM

I would love to see the yanks make some moves this offseason.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/17/19 10:57 PM

In other news:

The Astros are cheaters!

I think he will have to make make an example out of them.

Agreed. I hope he makes an example out of them. They deserve it if nothing else!

I would love to see the yanks make some moves this offseason.

Me too but I honestly don't think they'll get Cole (too pricey) and I think Strasburg is staying put in DC. I could see them maybe get someone like Wheeler because I think Bumgardner is going to Atlanta. Although, Cole Hamels says he might just do one year deals going forward so I'd love to see the Yankees get him on a 1-year deal for sure!

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/20/19 04:47 PM

Do y'all follow Jomboy on twitter? If not, you should. He has some interesting stuff on the Astros cheating scandal.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/20/19 11:50 PM

I have a Twitter but I'm never on it and have never really used it. Any links to anything you can post? Manfred stated yesterday he has no reason to investigate any other team so he's solely focused on Houston. Also hinted he could go behind what the Cardinals and Braves got recently (fines, loss of draft picks and international spending money).

In other news, Orlando Magic co-founder Pat Williams announced his intentions to spearhead an Orlando-area MLB franchise Orlando Dreamers
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/21/19 02:36 AM

In other news, Orlando Magic co-founder Pat Williams announced his intentions to spearhead an Orlando-area MLB franchise Orlando Dreamers

Interesting. Florida can barely support the 2 teams that are there now.

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/21/19 07:57 PM

Do y'all follow Jomboy on twitter? If not, you should. He has some interesting stuff on the Astros cheating scandal.

I saw a video on YouTube about it

Re: MLB 2019 - 11/21/19 07:58 PM

Big get for the white sox. Grandal is a nice pickup.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/01/19 02:27 AM

I think we will finally start seeing big moves in December. November has been pretty quiet.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/02/19 12:14 AM

The winter meetings are over, so let's see. Hopefully it's busier than the last 2 offseasons have been.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/03/19 01:37 AM

The winter meetings are over, so let's see. Hopefully it's busier than the last 2 offseasons have been.

So far not much action. Moustakas and Grandal have been signed but that’s it. Would like to see some trades happen. I read that the mets are looking to trade for top reliever Josh Hader.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/03/19 08:40 PM

Can't believe Hader is available. I don't think he'll get traded as it'll cost a haul to pry him from the Brewers. I misspoke, the winter meetings are next week. I think what they had recently was the GM meetings. Heard Wheeler's price is already over $100 million and the Yankees are going to meet with both Cole and Strasburg this week.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/05/19 06:01 PM

Can't believe Hader is available. I don't think he'll get traded as it'll cost a haul to pry him from the Brewers. I misspoke, the winter meetings are next week. I think what they had recently was the GM meetings. Heard Wheeler's price is already over $100 million and the Yankees are going to meet with both Cole and Strasburg this week.

The Yanks seem to be all in on Cole.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/07/19 02:11 AM

The Yanks seem to be all in on Cole.

YES! Heard Hal's given the go ahead to spend what they need to get him. It'll be between the Yanks, Angels, and Dodgers. But Cole has already said he has no West Coast preference and if he wants to compete for a title year-in and year-out, he'll go to New York. They should offer him the most money.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/09/19 03:11 AM

Reports are the Yankees are offering Cole 7 years and $245 million. Not only would that break David Price's record 7-year, $217 million, but it would also break Zack Grienke's $34.4 average annual value (as this would have a AAV of $35 million per year). Hopefully, that's enough to get a deal done!

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/10/19 05:56 PM

Reports are the Yankees are offering Cole 7 years and $245 million. Not only would that break David Price's record 7-year, $217 million, but it would also break Zack Grienke's $34.4 average annual value (as this would have a AAV of $35 million per year). Hopefully, that's enough to get a deal done!

After the Strasburg deal it might be closer to $300 million.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/10/19 07:50 PM

Hey, Irish... when you feel the timing is right, feel free to start a new MLB 2020 thread...

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/11/19 12:20 AM

I am really surprised that the yanks let Didi walk for $15 mill. I understand that we have a crowded infield but I think for one year Didi would have been well worth it. While I don’t agree with this move I guess we will just have to move on unfortunately.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/11/19 02:34 AM

After the Strasburg deal it might be closer to $300 million.

Strasburg resigning with DC isn't surprising at all. What is surprising are the numbers: 7-years and $245 million!? With Strasburg's injury history, I definitely think they overpaid. He opted out of his remaining 4 years at $100 million and got basically an extra 3 years at $145 million! Bravo Borris and Strasburg! eek As for Cole, I hear he should sign sooner rather than later. Another reason why I don't like the Strasburg deal is because it's going to drive up the Yankees price on Cole!

Originally Posted by J Geoff

Hey, Irish... when you feel the timing is right, feel free to start a new MLB 2020 thread...

I will after the offseason is complete.

I am really surprised that the yanks let Didi walk for $15 mill. I understand that we have a crowded infield but I think for one year Didi would have been well worth it. While I don’t agree with this move I guess we will just have to move on unfortunately.

I'm sad to see Didi walk, I really am. They didn't offer him a qualifying offer so we essentially get nothing for him. I wish him well and hope he can cash in next year. I've heard rumors Betances might take a 1 year deal to increase his value next offseason as well. If that's the case, I hope the Yankees resign him and get another year out of him.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/11/19 05:26 PM

Wow what a huge get for the Yankees. We finally have an ace at the top of the rotation.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/13/19 03:01 AM

Wow what a huge get for the Yankees. We finally have an ace at the top of the rotation.

No excuses now. World Series or bust. In the long run, the contract will turn out bad (see A-Rod/Ellsbury). 9 year's is a long time for a pitcher (especially when he'll be 38 at the end of it). But, if he can win us some championships in the first couple of years, it'll be worth it. Flags fly forever. SO glad that not only did we get him, but we took him away from Houston as well! The balance of power just changed, not only in the AL, but in all of baseball.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/13/19 04:51 AM

No excuses now. World Series or bust. In the long run, the contract will turn out bad (see A-Rod/Ellsbury). 9 year's is a long time for a pitcher (especially when he'll be 38 at the end of it). But, if he can win us some championships in the first couple of years, it'll be worth it. Flags fly forever. SO glad that not only did we get him, but we took him away from Houston as well! The balance of power just changed, not only in the AL, but in all of baseball.

Great way of looking at it. We must win a few championships for this to be a success in the long run. I am very excited. We have to hope that the bats don’t go dead like they did last October against the astros. Adding another bat like LeMahieu would not hurt us. Then again we do have Andujar coming back.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/13/19 03:59 PM

Yeah, we resigned Garnder and I wanna see what Andujar can do again when healthy, so I hope they hang on to him. But you're right, the reason the Yankees have gotten bounced by Houston in the postseason is because of the lack of hitting. Hopefully we get homefield advantage this time around. I believe it makes a difference.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/15/19 07:02 PM

Who does the Yanks have that can play short? I'd imagine this means LaMahieu is probably moving back to short or 2B.

I have to admit, Hal has really surprised me. I figured they would be a disaster like most sons are with ball clubs but they have made some great deals and of ALL pitchers to throw a huge contract to, Gerrit Cole is the one to get it. He is legit!

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/16/19 12:53 AM

I think so too. Hal opened up the check book. Hopefully it’s for the right guy.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/16/19 07:54 PM

The Yankees are being more financially responsible, which I like (not just throwing $300+ plus to players like Harper/Machado). We didn't need those guys. Gerrit Cole we needed!

And to answer your question dixie, I think the plan is to move Torres to short, which he was in the minors, and put LaMahieu at second.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/17/19 03:05 AM

Do you think they will make any more moves?

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/19/19 05:23 PM

Yeah, rumors are they're in on Josh Hader from Milwaukee via trade. Think they still may need another left-handed bat. Just don't expect it to be on the level of Cole but I think they'll add someone. I'd still like to see them resign Betances.

On another note, looking great in those pinstripes!

Attached picture 1 (1).jpg
Attached picture 2 (1).jpg
Attached picture 3 (1).jpg

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/21/19 01:47 AM

I am very excited for the Gerrit Cole era in New York. I am also interested to see what else Cashman has up his sleeve.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/22/19 10:20 PM

I am very excited for the Gerrit Cole era in New York. I am also interested to see what else Cashman has up his sleeve.

We honestly haven't had an ace since CC in 2009. I'm really excited as well and think Cole will put us over the line. Like I said, not only do we improve, but Houston just got worse at the same time!

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/27/19 04:06 AM

We honestly haven't had an ace since CC in 2009. I'm really excited as well and think Cole will put us over the line. Like I said, not only do we improve, but Houston just got worse at the same time!

That’s the way that I look at it too. I wish we resigned Betances though.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/27/19 10:25 PM

Counting down the days until Opening Day now! Surprised by some moves (I haven't been able to keep up with everything with the holidays) but Ryu went to Toronto and Keichel went to Chicago.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/28/19 12:46 AM

The White Sox are big spenders this offseason. I am interested to see how they fare this upcoming season. Selfishly, I would like to see the yanks make some more moves but in reality we may not need to with key pieces coming back and some prospects waiting in the wings who could be ready to play in the majors in 2020.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/28/19 01:58 AM

The Yankees I don't think need to make many more moves. Remember, this is a team that was ravaged by injuries in 2019 and still won 103 games (plus they just added Gerrit Cole). I'd say they should look into strengthening the bullpen and look into getting another left handed bat and or some depth for the infield possibly. That's about it. They don't need to go wild. But yes, surprised at how much the White Sox are spending too.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/28/19 03:10 AM

White Sox also got Encarnacion (1-year $12 million) and Gio Gonzalez (1-year $5 million) as well. With Cleveland trading Kluber to Texas, looks like Chicago's trying to keep pace with Minnesota.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/28/19 08:33 PM

I think Chicago might have moved past Minnesota with some of the moves that they made.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/30/19 02:21 AM

I think Chicago might have moved past Minnesota with some of the moves that they made.

They could. The AL Central is a weak division. But the top 2 teams in the AL are still the Yankees and Astros.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/30/19 08:00 PM

I think so too unless. Have to watch out for the Rays too.

Re: MLB 2019 - 12/30/19 10:33 PM

White Sox signed Dallas Keuchel today.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/09/20 04:54 PM

White sox are another team that is trying to take that next step.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/09/20 05:01 PM

Yeah and they've spent over $200 million dollars in the offseason. I don't hear anyone complaining about that but they're trying to compete now. The Central can be had. Looks like Cleveland missed their shot in 2016 and Minnesota isn't a big threat.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/12/20 04:26 AM

Betts got a big deal to avoid arbitration. Does anyone think the Red Sox will still trade him?

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/12/20 10:37 PM

If not before the season, by the July deadline. I think he's gone because he's gonna test the open market and I'm not sure Boston wants to let him go for a qualifying offer or less (also depends on where Boston's at in the standings at that time) but my gut tells me he's gone at some point before July.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/13/20 09:26 PM

Houston confirmed to have cheated in 2017. Luhnow and Hinch suspended for the year, plus a $5 million fine and lose of 2020 and 2021 first and second round picks. Beltran was a player at the time so he won't be suspended. Alex Cora will be but his fate has yet to be decided. SInce then Hinch and Luhnow have been fired. Not surprised with the penalties, but the firings did surprise me!

Houston cheated

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/13/20 10:56 PM

Houston got what was coming. Never expected both the GM and manager to get fired though. That was a surprise.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/14/20 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni
Houston got what was coming. Never expected both the GM and manager to get fired though. That was a surprise.

I was surprised as well, but I still think MLB should have taken the title from them. I knew they wouldn't, but THAT'S what they deserve!

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/14/20 11:48 PM

I was surprised as well, but I still think MLB should have taken the title from them. I knew they wouldn't, but THAT'S what they deserve!

Agree.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/15/20 01:49 AM

And now the Red Sox fired their manager Alex Cora for his role in all of this when he was in Houston.

I agree. I know it will stay in the record books but I wish MLB would make them give the trophy back and take down any banners or signage alluding to the 2017 championship like they’ve done with college programs.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/15/20 04:35 PM

And now the Red Sox fired their manager Alex Cora for his role in all of this when he was in Houston.

I agree. I know it will stay in the record books but I wish MLB would make them give the trophy back and take down any banners or signage alluding to the 2017 championship like they’ve done with college programs.

Agreed. That I would be satisfied with. Don't know why he didn't do it. I understand why he didn't punish any players (who really should have been the one's who got it), but they still get off scot free.

Also, glad Cora is gone. A (soon to be) proven 2 time cheater with Houston and Boston. His punishment will be more than Hinch and Luhnow's. Although, something tells me unfortunately, these guys will be back in MLB within 5 years at their old positions.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/15/20 10:07 PM

Will Carlos Beltran be fired too? The Astros are getting what they deserve. If anything, they are getting off easy.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/16/20 01:22 PM

Will Carlos Beltran be fired too? The Astros are getting what they deserve. If anything, they are getting off easy.

I agree, they're definitely getting off easy. As for Beltran, I don't know. He's not going to face any disciplinary action from MLB so it'll have to come from the Mets. I don't think he'll be fired, that's just my gut.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/16/20 07:40 PM

Just a saw an article where they mutually agreed to part ways. Guy never even managed 1 game.

I guess that is a nice way of saying you’re fired.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/17/20 01:06 AM

Just a saw an article where they mutually agreed to part ways. Guy never even managed 1 game.

I guess that is a nice way of saying you’re fired.

Yup, him and Cora step away. So now the Astros, Red Sox, and Mets all need new managers and Spring Training is less than a month away.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/18/20 10:35 PM

There are a lot of accusations being thrown around. I hope my yanks don’t get implicated in anything.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/19/20 06:56 PM

Everyone's throwing around the Apple Watch with the Yankees from 2017 but I think they're clean. Astros now are being accused of wearing electronic devices under their uniforms so when it buzzed, they knew what pitch was coming (would have been for the 2019 season). Video going around showing Altuve doesn't want his jersey ripped off after Game 6 of the ALCS against the Yankees. What could he be hiding?

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/21/20 02:50 AM

I just can’t wait for baseball to start. Are there any moves that the yanks are looking to make?

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/21/20 04:44 AM

I just can’t wait for baseball to start. Are there any moves that the yanks are looking to make?

Me too. Can’t wait for baseball. Best time of the year.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/23/20 01:50 AM

I can't wait either. As for the Yankees, I think they might be done. I don't see them pulling of a trade for Hader and with Gardner back in the fold, I'm not sure they're going to attempt to get another left-handed bat.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/23/20 03:45 AM

On paper the Yankees have to be the favorites. If they stay healthy I don’t see anyone getting past them to the WS.

Re: MLB 2019 - 01/23/20 02:17 PM

Vegas has them as the favorites but I don't put any stock in to that. It's a long season and if last year proved anything, injuries happen. I agree, on paper, the Yankees seem to be the most complete and balanced team. However, games aren't won on paper and I don't think anyone expected the Nationals to win the World Series last year. It really comes down to which team is the hottest heading in to October. Those are the teams that usually do well in the postseason. Hoping the Yankees can get home field advantage for the playoffs (I think that would definitely be a big advantage for them).

Re: MLB 2019 - 02/02/20 01:34 AM

Where will Andujar play?

Re: MLB 2019 - 02/02/20 11:19 PM

Where will Andujar play?

Think I heard they're going to try him out in the outfield since third belongs to Urshela now and they've got first covered with Voit/Ford. I hope they hang on to him and Frazier. I don't want to give up on either. Unfortunately, it seems they both don't have a roster spot but if last year proved anything, you can't have too much depth (and Andujar's bat is why you keep him).

Re: MLB 2019 - 02/05/20 05:58 PM

Dodgers made a big splash by acquiring Mookie Betts.

Re: MLB 2019 - 02/06/20 12:35 AM

Glad to see him out of the AL. Big time talent.

Hate to see James Paxton is going to be out 3 to 4 months now. Guy can’t seem to stay healthy for a full season

Re: MLB 2019 - 02/06/20 02:51 PM

Glad to see him out of the AL. Big time talent.

Hate to see James Paxton is going to be out 3 to 4 months now. Guy can’t seem to stay healthy for a full season

I REALLY wish the Dodgers would stop bailing out the Red Sox with their payroll problems (a la David Price).

Can't believe that about Paxton. Gone 3-4 months, plus German. Open spots already. Hope we get them back soon and healthy!

Re: MLB 2019 - 02/08/20 09:16 PM

Mookie Betts trade may not happen after all.

Re: MLB 2019 - 02/09/20 02:43 AM

Mookie Betts trade may not happen after all.

I think it's being held on a prospects health. I'm sure it'll go through.

Re: MLB 2019 - 02/13/20 08:53 PM

I am so happy spring training has begun.

Re: MLB 2019 - 02/14/20 07:18 PM

I am so happy spring training has begun.

You and me both but scumbag Astros. Even the owner is incapable of remorse and offering up an apology (so now I see where the players get it from). It’s coming from the top down. And I don’t buy for one second he didn’t know what was going on. His quote from yesterday, “I don’t think it (the cheating scandal) had any impact on us winning. We won and now we need to move on.” Give me a freaking break!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET