Home

MLB 2016 Season

Posted By: Mark

MLB 2016 Season - 03/18/16 11:46 PM

Here we go guys! Spring Training is in full swing and Opening Day is right around the corner.

My White Sox are experiencing some Adam LaRoche father/son drama and my Cubs have big expectations this year to win it all.

I like them both but when they play each other, my allegiance is Southside Black & White!

Chime in with your team love early and often...

Play Ball!
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 03/19/16 06:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark
Here we go guys! Spring Training is in full swing and Opening Day is right around the corner.

My White Sox are experiencing some Adam LaRoche father/son drama and my Cubs have big expectations this year to win it all.

I like them both but when they play each other, my allegiance is Southside Black & White!

Chime in with your team love early and often...

Play Ball!

You just have to love that whatever Reinsforf touches, collapses. Seriously, I can't wait for the day when the bulls and white sox get a new owner.

Looking forward to see what the Cubs can do this season, I am afraid that this might be a repeat of 2004. And, I hope that Castro can kick some ass wearing pin stripes.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 03/19/16 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: BAM_233
And, I hope that Castro can kick some ass wearing pin stripes.

You and me both. I'm sure A LOT of people are picking either Toronto or Boston to win the AL East this year but besides Price, Boston's rotation still doesn't scare me. Rodriguez is going to miss about the first month or so, then you've got Clay "I can't stay off the DL" Buchholz, followed by Rick Porcello (4.92 ERA - 2015), and Joe Kelly (4.82 ERA - 2015). And I think losing Price is really going to hurt Toronto's rotation as they don't have anyone to fill his shoes. Not to mention, Mark Buehrle may not be coming back. So that's 2 holes in Toronto's rotation that need to be filled. Sure the bats can slug, but can the pitchers likewise keep runs off the board?

The Yanks (just like last year) are underrated IMO. True, the key for them is going to continue to be health. However, definitely excited to see how Severino develops. Eovaldi had a nice string of starts after the All-Star break before being shut down with inflammation. It's really going to depend on how healthy Tanaka and Pineda can be. Pineda was really frustrating to watch last year due to his inconsistency. Finally, Sabathia has the 5th spot in the rotation. I don't care what the media says. They're paying him $25 million dollars this year and next. No way he's going to the bullpen. Hopefully this new brace works out well for him.

Also hoping to see how Castro is going to do. He seems to be hitting well in spring training thus far. Glad Refsnyder will (hopefully) be able to find his way into the lineup more in 2016. Hopefully Ellsbury and Gardner can remain healthy as well (Ellsbury started off the year hot before going on the DL).
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 03/19/16 04:54 PM

my Cubs have big expectations this year to win it all.

The Cubs are unstoppable, with their best team since the 1969 team that was led by five Hall of Famers. They'll clinch the NL Central very early, then sweep through the playoffs and World Series. No other outcome is possible, or even imaginable.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 03/27/16 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: mustachepete

The Cubs are unstoppable, with their best team since the 1969 team that was led by five Hall of Famers. They'll clinch the NL Central very early, then sweep through the playoffs and World Series. No other outcome is possible, or even imaginable.

Optimism abounds in Spring. May your baseball wishes come true.
Posted By: olivant

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 03/27/16 05:47 PM

Beat 'em Bucs!

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 03/31/16 10:31 PM

Sox and Cubs leave spring training with the most homeruns hit in all the games.

I know, I know... it's just spring training and it doesn't mean anything.

Unless you're a Sox or Cubs fan! smile
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 05/07/16 01:45 AM

First time I've been on here in forever. But the yanks look terrible.

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 05/07/16 11:20 PM

Just took the first 2 against Boston. Looking to sweep tomorrow!
Posted By: SC

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 05/09/16 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Looking to sweep tomorrow!

Only thing they're sweeping is the dust down there in the cellar. They're choking on it.

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 05/11/16 05:09 PM

It's still early Mr. May
Posted By: goombah

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 05/11/16 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Originally Posted By: mustachepete

Optimism abounds in Spring. May your baseball wishes come true.

That would be good for baseball. Cubs are off to an incredible start. Actually both Chicago teams are doing well. But I don't see the White Sox sustaining it over 162 games.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 05/21/16 11:24 PM

4 in a row for the yanks! Still need to get a lot better but it's a start.

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 05/22/16 03:49 PM

And they're now out of last place (ahead of Toronto by 1/2 game)
Posted By: olivant

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 05/28/16 03:23 PM

Beat 'em Bucs!
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 09/25/16 01:41 PM

Already posted in news but what a sad day for baseball

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17632541/miami-marlins-ace-jose-fernandez-dies-boating-accident
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 09/25/16 09:41 PM

RIP Jose Fernandez. That is awful. He's got a kid on the way too?

On a lighter note, Vin Scully's final game, on MLB network. Check it out if you want to hear the voice of a legend one last time.
Posted By: goombah

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 10/07/16 02:25 PM

Two extremely entertaining wild card games to open the MLB playoffs. The Nats/Dodgers pitching matchup of Scherzer vs. Kershaw and Price vs. Kluber in Red Sox/Indians will be fun to watch today as well.

In regard to the Cubs, this series vs. the Giants will be interesting. I think all the pressure is on the Cubs given the regular season they had and their history of failure. Should be a lot of fun.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 11/03/16 05:45 PM

Mark,

congrats to your Cubs.

Wait, hold up something strange outside my window

Now that fan that messed up the Cubbies chances a few years back can come out of WITSEC

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 11/03/16 10:37 PM

lolThanks, gets! It is an awesome win for sure. I'm really happy for our BB buddy, BAM. He is a huge Cubs fan! Cleveland was tough. They put up a heck of a fight.

BAM, this W is for you! clap
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: MLB 2016 Season - 11/04/16 08:12 PM

congrats to BAM too

and to Steve Bartman

He can show his face in Chicago again

ehehehheeheheh
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET