Home

Advice on NFL team

Posted By: GoldenEagle

Advice on NFL team - 02/12/16 05:50 AM

I have found myself in a unique situation and have decided to turn to y'all for some advice. Being as my family is from St. Louis I am an avid Rams and Cardinals fan. As you well know my Rams have been moved and will now be the L.A Rams. This is my question. Does this allow me to become a free agent and find a new team? I am a firm believer that if you are a true fan of a team you have to back that team 100%. I hate people who jump from team to team or say "my teams are the ______ & _____" (fill in blanks with any two teams). You can only have one team. As sports fans, do you think it is ok for me to now find another team or do I have to watch football teamless? I have a couple of teams in mind but I am also willing to listen to fans who would like to recruit my services. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Advice on NFL team - 02/12/16 03:20 PM

I can relate.Just change your username to Gettheserams

)
Posted By: olivant

Re: Advice on NFL team - 06/13/16 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: GoldenEagle
I have found myself in a unique situation and have decided to turn to y'all for some advice. Being as my family is from St. Louis I am an avid Rams and Cardinals fan. As you well know my Rams have been moved and will now be the L.A Rams. This is my question. Does this allow me to become a free agent and find a new team? I am a firm believer that if you are a true fan of a team you have to back that team 100%. I hate people who jump from team to team or say "my teams are the ______ & _____" (fill in blanks with any two teams). You can only have one team. As sports fans, do you think it is ok for me to now find another team or do I have to watch football teamless? I have a couple of teams in mind but I am also willing to listen to fans who would like to recruit my services. Thanks for the help.

Steelers! Steelers!
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Advice on NFL team - 06/13/16 04:56 PM

Does this allow me to become a free agent and find a new team?

Free agency...GRANTED!

Take your time picking a new one. No hurry.

Don't pick the Patriots.
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: Advice on NFL team - 06/13/16 05:02 PM

I'm from Massachusetts so I'm a Patriots fan. If they moved the team to Mongolia I'd still be routing for them. I'd follow the Los angeles Rams if I were you but that's just my opinion. Good luck with your decision.

Re: Advice on NFL team - 06/13/16 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: mustachepete
Does this allow me to become a free agent and find a new team?

Free agency...GRANTED!

Take your time picking a new one. No hurry.

Don't pick the Patriots.

No, no, no. Taking your time is the worst thing you could do. Act now. Steelers! Steelers
Posted By: Mr. Blonde

Re: Advice on NFL team - 06/13/16 10:53 PM

If my team left my city, I'd be furious. Of course you have the right to change teams!

Pick whomever you like. Base it on style of play, personalities, uniforms, fan base, whatever.

Just try to be original about it. I would guess most non-Ram fans in your area are Chiefs or Bears fans so try to avoid those teams if you can help it. Nothing against them but if you don't live in the actual city they play in, don't follow the herd.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Advice on NFL team - 07/01/16 06:20 PM

Nope, you CANNOT chose another team to replace your Rams!! What kind of fan are you? You must remain loyal to them and MAYBE, pick a team closer to home that you like who can be your second favorite team! No excuses!

And I live in Cali, so over here we don't really want your Rams back! But there is money to be made and that's all these ppl think about.

My team has been and will ALWAYS be the NY Giants! Jersey Giants tongue
Posted By: Mark

Re: Advice on NFL team - 07/02/16 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. Blonde
I would guess most non-Ram fans in your area are Chiefs or Bears fans...

Only the intelligent ones... whistle

There is always room for another Bears fan. wink

Come on over, my friend.

Re: Advice on NFL team - 07/02/16 03:34 PM

Chiefs or bears? Madonne! Why? Those teams have an annual objective of avoiding participation in the Superbowl. If you seek a team to support, a team with a realistic chance of making it to the Superbowl, support the Steelers!

Re: Advice on NFL team - 07/02/16 08:18 PM

Chiefs were doing REALLY GOOD last season. Sorry Mark, but I'd have to pick KC over your team. lol You even suggesting them made me laugh my ass off. Just busting you.

And thank goodness moving to Texas didn't turn you into a Cowboys fan, Olivant. I have to agree that Pittsburgh is a good team to suggest as a backup!!

Good luck, GoldenEagle!!

Can't wait til the season starts! Go Giants!
Posted By: Mark

Re: Advice on NFL team - 07/02/16 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Chiefs were doing REALLY GOOD last season. Sorry Mark, but I'd have to pick KC over your team. lol You even suggesting them made me laugh my ass off. Just busting you.

Why I oughtta... lol

Hey, AG, when my Bears beat your Giants this season I will have bragging rights. cool

Yes - we play you guys on November 20th in Jersey.

Re: Advice on NFL team - 07/02/16 10:18 PM

Oh brother Mark, you got me shakin in my boots now! Your Bears beat my Giants lol
Care to wager? Just for that crazy comment, I may have to take a special trip in to Jersey in November and ask my cousin if I can go with him to THAT very game just to watch My Jersey Giants BEAT ur Chicago Bears!!! tongue
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Advice on NFL team - 08/01/16 05:59 AM

So I'm at Hard Rock in Tahoe today and I see the Raiders are 15-1 to win it all? What a pleasant surprise. I think last year we were something like 51-1. Look out for Derek Carr.

Re: Advice on NFL team - 08/01/16 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
So I'm at Hard Rock in Tahoe today and I see the Raiders are 15-1 to win it all? What a pleasant surprise. I think last year we were something like 51-1. Look out for Derek Carr.

Good luck, but that's an awful bet. Maybe in 2018 if they keep progressing...

Re: Advice on NFL team - 08/01/16 11:12 PM

I'm just happy the odds are that good. I could throw away 50 or so bucks on that.

Re: Advice on NFL team - 08/04/16 05:54 AM

It must have been odds to win AFC championship that I was looking at. Because all the current websites have Raiders 17-1 to win AFC Championship, 40-1 to win Super Bowl.

Re: Advice on NFL team - 12/07/16 02:51 AM

Still think it's a bad bet?

Most books have it at about 12 to 1, now. I'm about to put something on it before the payout gets even smaller. For once "next year" might have come early for the Raiders. lol. Still going to be tough to get past NE, especially if we have to play there.

Re: Advice on NFL team - 12/12/16 10:40 PM

Still think it's a bad bet?

Most books have it at about 12 to 1, now. I'm about to put something on it before the payout gets even smaller. For once "next year" might have come early for the Raiders. lol. Still going to be tough to get past NE, especially if we have to play there.

Yeah, I would definitely take it now in a heartbeat. I thought they could be a legit contender in 2018, maybe a wildcard in 2016. Congrats.

That said, I have KC as the AFC favorites, followed by NE, then Oak.

Re: Advice on NFL team - 12/13/16 03:45 AM

KC might not be a bad bet. They just never seem to get it done in the playoffs. NE's probably the safe beat as usual. Especially how easily they're handling Baltimore tonight. I fear Carr's finger injury might be worse than thought.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET