Home

What a fight !

Posted By: MobMan

What a fight ! - 05/10/15 01:38 AM

http://youtu.be/eugcE5Afu1U

If you were disappointed with the Mayweather fight; you should of watched the Canelo-Kirkland fight . Here is my post fight thoughts on it .
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: What a fight ! - 05/11/15 11:28 AM

That was a great fight, brutal knockout.
Posted By: Mr. Blonde

Re: What a fight ! - 05/11/15 04:38 PM

Very fun fight, as expected. HBO has replays tonight (with the May-Pac match predecing).
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: What a fight ! - 11/16/15 12:44 AM

Ronda Rousey got knocked out
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: What a fight ! - 11/16/15 05:30 AM

I'm so glad she got knocked out. I honestly can't see the appeal of her and why people like her. She seems so cocky and arrogant and thinks she's the greatest of all time.

Seeing this makes it even more comical that she thinks she could beat Mayweather in a fight rolleyes
Posted By: F_white

Re: What a fight ! - 11/16/15 06:29 AM

Glad she lost way to cocky,for the sport.

Re: What a fight ! - 11/16/15 05:30 PM

It is nice to see the cocky ones fall. Anderson Silva for example, watching him get knockout was fun to watch, even though he is one of my favorite fighters
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: What a fight ! - 11/16/15 10:37 PM

Ronda got her ass beat! I watch all the UFC cards of course and been a fan since UFC5. Holm straight up dominated her.

And today Rousey still opened as the favorite in a rematch. Talk about stinky fish!
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: What a fight ! - 11/16/15 11:30 PM

Pride cometh befote the fall miss Rousey..

Re: What a fight ! - 11/19/15 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Ronda got her ass beat! I watch all the UFC cards of course and been a fan since UFC5. Holm straight up dominated her.

And today Rousey still opened as the favorite in a rematch. Talk about stinky fish!

Bet on Holly. Easy money.

Re: What a fight ! - 11/29/15 01:32 AM

Wladimir Klitschko lost heavyweight title

Re: What a fight ! - 11/29/15 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Wladimir Klitschko lost heavyweight title

This was the first fight that I saw of him where he looked old, I wonder if he just had a bad day or that father time has finally caught up with him. I guess we find out for sure in their mandatory rematch..

Re: What a fight ! - 11/29/15 08:21 PM

That match was horrible. He only threw like 60 punches in 12 rounds and I'm not kidding. Fury didn't do a whole lot either.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: What a fight ! - 11/30/15 06:40 PM

Say what you want about Fury but, he is certainly an interesting character.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/30/boxings-new-champ-an-uncensored-homophobic-mike-tyson-wannabe/

Re: What a fight ! - 11/30/15 08:22 PM

Deontay Wilder will beat Fury IF they ever fight. Wilder is a lot more quicker than Fury, but both can bang. Neither fighter is real "technical" though.

I just find it funny they make that match sound like Fury put on a clinic with Klitschko when it was boring as hell. I've seen Mayweather fights be more "action packed" than this one was. I could have beaten him when he only throws 5 punches a round. I'm wanting to say Round 4 or so he landed one punch, ONE PUNCH! I've NEVER seen someone so scared to throw punches in a boxing match. He was either hurt, bored, or tired of boxing because he just refused to do anything.
Posted By: Jimmythepen

Re: What a fight ! - 12/05/15 02:33 AM

Fury is an asshole. He won't have the titles for long.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/10/15 03:40 PM

With Jacobs-Quillen over (in unbelieveable fashion), the meaningful fights for 2015 are done. So who was
Fighter of the Year?
Fight of the Year?
Event of the Year?
Upset of the Year?
Knockout of the Year?
And 2016's most anticipated fight?

I have definite opinions but will wait a bit before posting them.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: What a fight ! - 12/10/15 08:44 PM

Interesting MMA fight next week. An Scottish guy I think against Jose Aldo. That is going to be brutal. When Aldo is in NYC he trains his bjj with my son. At Shalin Robiero place.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/10/15 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
Interesting MMA fight next week. An Scottish guy I think against Jose Aldo. That is going to be brutal. When Aldo is in NYC he trains his bjj with my son. At Shalin Robiero place.

Conor McGregor vs Jose Aldo should be a great fight.

When McGregor fought Chad Mendez he looked like he was going to lose but Mendez ran out of steam, if Mendez has more than two weeks to train it would have been a different fight. It will be interesting to see McGregor fight someone who has been training and will bring the fight to the ground.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/13/15 03:27 AM

Conor McGregor vs Jose Aldo should be a great fight.

When McGregor fought Chad Mendez he looked like he was going to lose but Mendez ran out of steam, if Mendez has more than two weeks to train it would have been a different fight. It will be interesting to see McGregor fight someone who has been training and will bring the fight to the ground.

Yeah, can't wait for this fight in a couple of hours!!

It's quarter past 4 in the middle of the night over here in Holland, right now the main card just started and Stephens and Holloway are getting it on..

I've got Luke Rockhold by UD in the c0-main event, but it's gonna be a close fight and Aldo by KO in the main event, he just looked way more fresh at the weigh in, Conor looked even more gaunt than usual and he can't us IV's to rehydrate anymore because of USADA and I think that is going to be a big factor here..

Re: What a fight ! - 12/13/15 06:25 AM

Cardio didn't play a factor in the main event LOL!!!

One left hook flush on the chin and we have a new featherweight champion.. There's only one Conor McGregor hahaha

Was surprised at the domination of Weidman by Rockhold, thought he was gonna win but not in this fashion..

Re: What a fight ! - 12/13/15 06:52 AM

Conor McGregor is a beast.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: What a fight ! - 12/13/15 02:14 PM

Haha "Scottish". Nice trolling.

Conor McGregor proving the Irish hit better and are hung better than everyone else.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/13/15 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Haha "Scottish". Nice trolling.

Conor McGregor proving the Irish hit better and are hung better than everyone else.

You can call him Mystic Mac, cuz he predicts these TINGS!!!

Re: What a fight ! - 12/13/15 04:22 PM

Yesh he doesh.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/13/15 06:10 PM

So when will they have the rematch a month from now?

My Grand daughter just won her Karati tournament at her school.

2 gold medals and a mention in my daughters area newspaper she is very happy.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/13/15 08:05 PM

My thoughts:

Rockhold was in deep trouble in Round 3 and Weidman bailed him out. If you notice Rockhold was pretty tired and Weidman was finding his groove until Weidman tried that dumbass spinning back kick that wouldn't even made contact to his head even if it was thrown right. He kicked Rockhold in the back for freaking sake! As slow as Weidman is, he can't come close to connecting to any top guy with that move. After that Rockhold took advantage and made Weidman pay big time

As for Aldo, what a sore loser cry baby!!!!! Yes moron that was a fight, and you got KTFO!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: What a fight ! - 12/14/15 01:15 AM

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/video-incred...cker-room/54781

vid of aldo crying in lockerroom after fight,i agree dixie

gunner vs maia's fight was great
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: What a fight ! - 12/14/15 08:47 PM

Glad i never stayed up to watch the McGregor fight if it lasted all of 13 seconds lol.

Football Betting Forum

Re: What a fight ! - 12/14/15 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: afriendofours
Glad i never stayed up to watch the McGregor fight if it lasted all of 13 seconds lol.

Even my premature ejaculations are longer than that!
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: What a fight ! - 12/15/15 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: afriendofours

Even my premature ejaculations are longer than that!

lol

I feel for the people who paid to see it, looked quite a weak knock out too from the clip.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/15/15 01:34 AM

Re: What a fight ! - 12/20/15 08:16 PM

My main man Alistair Overeem is back ladies & gentlemen!!!

Re: What a fight ! - 12/21/15 04:17 PM

That is the risk you take on pay for view or spending a lot of money going to a fight. The quick knockout
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: What a fight ! - 12/21/15 11:23 PM

That is the risk you take on pay for view or spending a lot of money going to a fight. The quick knockout

i know people who took out 4 grand loans to be there in person

4 grand for 13 seconds lol

Re: What a fight ! - 12/22/15 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: DonMega1888

i know people who took out 4 grand loans to be there in person

4 grand for 13 seconds lol

If you're Irish, I'm pretty sure all that mattered was McGregor's win so I don't think they cared to much about the 13 seconds..

It's an experience nobody can ever take away from you, an incredible moment in combat sports history

Re: What a fight ! - 05/08/16 02:00 PM

Amir Khan gets knockout in last nights fight

Re: What a fight ! - 05/15/16 11:16 AM

Cyborg made her UFC debut. Meisha Rate won't be holding that belt long

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-1...-seconds-051416

Re: What a fight ! - 05/15/16 01:12 PM

I'm happy for Miocic, seems like a very good dude..

Re: What a fight ! - 05/15/16 10:37 PM

Cyborg has to make 135 to fight Tate, something she has NEVER done.

Re: What a fight ! - 05/15/16 11:07 PM

@Brizzi

Miocic's KO was sick, nice power on his back foot

@dixie

Thought she was fighting at 140 but just looked up she's 144. Nine pounds would be a lot, fight I and I think any MMA fan would love to watch Rousey vs Cyborg

Re: What a fight ! - 05/16/16 11:12 AM

@Brizzi

Miocic's KO was sick, nice power on his back foot

@dixie

Thought she was fighting at 140 but just looked up she's 144. Nine pounds would be a lot, fight I and I think any MMA fan would love to watch Rousey vs Cyborg

She weighed in at 139 last Friday at the weigh in because it was a catchweight fight at 140, so I reckon those last four pounds are possible since she didn't look too depleted imo..

Re: What a fight ! - 08/21/16 12:37 AM

Big fight tonight McGregor v Diaz

Re: What a fight ! - 08/21/16 04:09 AM

Great fight thus far Conor looks tired though

Re: What a fight ! - 08/21/16 04:29 AM

One of the best fight I have seen
Posted By: Dandi

Re: What a fight ! - 08/21/16 05:59 AM

I'm not a MMA man, much prefer boxing if it's at its best, but that was a classic.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/21/16 04:33 PM

One of the best fight I have seen

It was great!!

They should do a trilogy, but not right away, let them fight some other guys now. Conor should fight Aldo or Eddie Alvarez now if it was up to me..

Re: What a fight ! - 08/21/16 05:21 PM

I'd like to see another Aldo fight

Re: What a fight ! - 08/21/16 06:47 PM

That was a great fight last night. All the Diaz fans got their panties in a wad since last night claiming he was screwed. I scored the 1st, 2nd and 4th for McGregor and 3rd and 5th for Diaz so I had it 48-47 McGregor. After seeing him absolutely wore out in the 3rd I thought no way he would finish the fight. After he caught that 2nd wind I knew he wasn't losing the fight. Definitely fight of the year so far.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/21/16 08:21 PM

Agreed Dixie, I scored it exactly the same way.

I love the Diaz bros. but they always think they get screwed over when it comes to decisions and their fans scream robbery but that's absolutely not the case this time..

Re: What a fight ! - 08/23/16 11:33 PM

McGregor has balls like grapefruits fighting a guy like Diaz who has 3 inches on him.

Turned his face into mush for the second fight in a row.

Re: What a fight ! - 02/14/17 05:21 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-s...ticle-1.2972132

Looks like McGregor and Mayweather is going down

Re: What a fight ! - 02/14/17 08:44 PM

Hmmmm. Being a MMA guy I would love nothing more than to see Conor knock that cocky bastard out, but I won't get my hopes up over it or the fight happening just yet. I would definitely watch though!

Re: What a fight ! - 02/15/17 02:35 AM

Mix martial artist can beat a professional prize fight if they fight mix martial arts rules.

But if they fight prize fighter rules. He will get knocked out before the first round ends.

Re: What a fight ! - 02/15/17 11:23 AM

I agree a boxer couldn't compete with MMA rules with it being boxing only Conor won't use as much energy that he would in an MMA match. If it goes down it will be great for UFC if Conor wins, if it does happen I will watch it for surw
Posted By: americafyeah

Re: What a fight ! - 02/21/17 09:11 PM

ready for GGG vs danny jacobs next month. if GGG destroys him like he has everyone else,then he proves once and for all he is the real deal.it's easy to be a GGG hater,and say he has a sh*tty resume and hasn't fought any big names (which is partially true), but this is GGG's chance to prove his detractors wrong. jacobs 1st round ko over quillin was amazing. i used to think quillin would've given GGG a good fight. what do you guys think of GGG vs jacobs? and what do you predict happens if GGG fights canelo? by the way,i think Floyd vs Conor is a joke. Conor hasn't had 1 professional boxing match in his entire life,and we all know Floyd would never agree to fight under MMA rules.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: What a fight ! - 02/22/17 12:47 PM

I think triple G will handle Jacobs no problem. I want triple G vs Canelo.

Re: What a fight ! - 02/22/17 11:01 PM

I see Jacobs challenging GGG for a while. Thing is, in addition to his power, GGG has very good technical skills - he just doesn't often feel compelled to use them. A fight where he did was against David Lemieux. But he is an Olympic Silver medalist from a country without much of an amateur boxing program.

Jacobs has power and technique. I think eventually he will get worn down but it should be compelling getting there.

As far as GGG-Canelo, I actually see Jacobs being more of a challenge. The only thing Canelo has over Jacobs and possibly GGG is his chin. Granted, that is a big factor but it won't be enough vs GGG so long as GGG sticks to a disciplined game plan.

Re: What a fight ! - 03/03/17 09:55 PM

Garcia vs. Thurmond. Saturday night should be good fight.

Re: What a fight ! - 03/09/17 01:00 AM

Keith Thurman vs Danny Garcia started off strong,but turned out to be a dud. I'm pretty much done keeping up with Keith Thurman's career at this point. He's great at self-promotion,but hasn't delivered a quality win in a long time. What were your guys' thoughts?
And in regards to GGG Jacobs, I agree GGG has amazing technical skills. Actually, I was on youtube watching a detailed breakdown of GGG vs Kell Brook and was shocked at how much skill level GGG displayed in cutting off the ring, and in his offense. Did you watch GGG vs Brook? Watching it live,GGG seemed like a madman or brawler. But he actually sets up his offense,and is surprisingly precise. It was really obvious in the Lemieux fight,because poor Lemiuex had no chance. That wasn't much of a fight,since GGG jabbed him into oblivion.What do you find impressive about Jacobs technique? I agree his power is his big strong-point.What strategy do you think he could use to beat GGG? GGG-Canelo is hard to call. Canelo has shown improvement,but GGG seems to be the bigger guy physically and might be too much for him. Jacobs is more his size. Canelo Chavez Jr was just announced. Think that'll be worth seeing?

Re: What a fight ! - 03/11/17 04:06 AM

I was wrong about Garcia vs. Thurman. Very disappointed. The last 4 or 5 rounds almost put me asleep.

I hope we see GGG vs. Canelo within a year.

Re: What a fight ! - 03/17/17 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By: flamingokid123
I was wrong about Garcia vs. Thurman. Very disappointed. The last 4 or 5 rounds almost put me asleep.

I hope we see GGG vs. Canelo within a year.

lol!! yeah,garcia vs thurman was disappointing. keith thurman's decision to run, and coast his way to a decision towards the end of the fight was pretty sad. thurman put on an unimpressive performance,but danny garcia wouldn't throw moar than 1 punch at a time,and looked slow and so the fight s*cked. not interested in a rematch,are you? i'm ready for GGG Canelo too! Canelo has shown so much improvement since fighting Floyd,he's much better now. who do you think will win? only 1 moar day until GGG vs Jacobs! can't wait. this is almost guaranteed to be an exciting fight. any predictions?

Re: What a fight ! - 03/17/17 08:31 PM

Regarding Thurman-Garcia, it was a decent fight that fell well short of the hype. The trouble was Thurman won the first round, Garcia was unable to adjust his game plan, and Thurman wasn't going to mess with a winning formula until he had to (which he never did) or until he could coast in the final rounds to avoid any chance of getting nailed. I didn't like him running at the end but beyond that, the blame falls to Garcia. He really could benefit from a seasoned trainer instead of his attention-seeking father.

For tomorrow's fight, Jacobs is a live one. I expect GGG to win but it won't be easy. Ironically, I think the best chance Jacobs has is to trade with GGG early. I don't like Jacobs' chances of being able to absorb much punishment from GGG but if he lands first, he has the power to do damage. I haven't seen GGG seriously hurt before but I haven't seen him take many significant shots either, certainly not of the caliber Jacobs can deliver. So to me, his chin remains untested.

Canelo-Chavez will be an entertaining spectacle but shouldn't be much of a matchup unless I am grossly underestimating the weight issue (it is at 165 lbs; the heaviest Canelo has weighed in for a fight is 155 lbs). If Chavez Jr. had his father's work ethic, he'd be elite-level, but he's far from that. If I could only watch one fight, I'd pick GGG-Jacobs over Canelo-Chavez in a heartbeat.

Re: What a fight ! - 03/17/17 09:45 PM

Turns out there is a 'hold' on the T-Mobile Arena in Vegas June 10th for the Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor boxing match:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ufc/596...-Vegas-UFC-News

Even Dana White thinks it will happen now. A month ago, a couple of days before the Super Bowl game, he said that there was a bigger chance of him being Tom Brady's backup quarterback.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/18919...mcgregor-happen

Re: What a fight ! - 03/18/17 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr. Blonde
Regarding Thurman-Garcia, it was a decent fight that fell well short of the hype. The trouble was Thurman won the first round, Garcia was unable to adjust his game plan, and Thurman wasn't going to mess with a winning formula until he had to (which he never did) or until he could coast in the final rounds to avoid any chance of getting nailed. I didn't like him running at the end but beyond that, the blame falls to Garcia. He really could benefit from a seasoned trainer instead of his attention-seeking father.

For tomorrow's fight, Jacobs is a live one. I expect GGG to win but it won't be easy. Ironically, I think the best chance Jacobs has is to trade with GGG early. I don't like Jacobs' chances of being able to absorb much punishment from GGG but if he lands first, he has the power to do damage. I haven't seen GGG seriously hurt before but I haven't seen him take many significant shots either, certainly not of the caliber Jacobs can deliver. So to me, his chin remains untested.

Canelo-Chavez will be an entertaining spectacle but shouldn't be much of a matchup unless I am grossly underestimating the weight issue (it is at 165 lbs; the heaviest Canelo has weighed in for a fight is 155 lbs). If Chavez Jr. had his father's work ethic, he'd be elite-level, but he's far from that. If I could only watch one fight, I'd pick GGG-Jacobs over Canelo-Chavez in a heartbeat.

yeah,exactly. i've gotten used to Thurman running in fights,though. everyone is saying he should change his nickname to "Run Time" or "Decisions For Life" lol. his style is effective,and he wins rounds but not convincingly,and it's not fan friendly. wasn't the crowd booing the fight? pretty sure Thurman got booed when he won the decision against Danny Garcia,and the crowd also booed him when they announced he won vs. Sean Porter. i really have no interest in seeing keith thurman fight in the future,do you? i felt like Garcia took a worse beating vs. Mauricio Herrera and Lamont Peterson than he did against Thurman,what about you? so his win wasn't that impressive. and Garcia should have had another game plan. he must have been watching tape of Thurman's past fights where he looked vulnerable to body shots,because he was concentrating there a lot. it didn't seem to affect Thurman that much this time.what do you think garcia could've done differently? garcia needs a new trainer,that's for sure.
i'm realy looking forward to GGG vs Jacobs! i'm with you on that,it's a much better match up than Canelo Chavez. who knows which version of Chavez is going to show up to that fight? he's looked like cr*p in so many of his fights,and other times he seems to have great potential and heart,like his 12th round comeback against sergio martinez. but i agree,'spectacle' is the best word for Canelo Chavez jr. we'll see how the weight issue plays out,it seems like both Canelo and Chavez have used weight to gain an advantage over their competition in the pabst. but tomorrow,i'm hoping for an exciting fight which all of GGG's fights are. the only time i've been disappointed with a GGG match was when it was too easy for him,like when he KO'd rubio who didn't even try,or when he gave a completely 1 sided beating against lemieux. i expect Jacobs to be competitive. Jacobs' chin is the big question,and everyone is curious to see how it holds up against GGG. i also think Jacobs has the power to hurt GGG,and it's true GGG's chin hasn't been tested against anyone as strong as Jacobs. what do you think of the idea that GGG 'likes' getting hit? or does it for the fans? a lot of people believe that,but i'm not sosure i think his defense has holes and hopefuly Jacobs can do something. where do you plan to watch the fight?

Re: What a fight ! - 03/18/17 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
Turns out there is a 'hold' on the T-Mobile Arena in Vegas June 10th for the Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor boxing match:

Even Dana White thinks it will happen now. A month ago, a couple of days before the Super Bowl game, he said that there was a bigger chance of him being Tom Brady's backup quarterback.

lol!! yep,heard about that.who do you think wins?do you think it'll be a good fight?

Re: What a fight ! - 03/18/17 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: americafyeah

lol!! yep,heard about that.who do you think wins?do you think it'll be a good fight?

Conventional wisdom says that Floyd would win, but we must not forget that Floyd is 40 and Conor only 27. Plus Conor is taller and has longer reach and also hits like a ton of bricks, so I'd never rule out an upset.

Re: What a fight ! - 03/19/17 01:59 AM

Re: What a fight ! - 03/20/17 09:47 PM

America, sorry I didn't get a chance to post a response to yours before the fight.

That turned out to be one of the best PPVs I've seen in a long time! (For those that missed it, HBO will replay the ME and the Chocolatito fight on Saturday). Two outstanding fights to end the broadcast.

Jacobs made the most of the weight issue, refusing to weigh in on the day of the fight and costing him a chance to win 1 of GGG's 3 belts. Jacobs was clearly bigger than GGG and gave GGG the fight of his life. I agreed with the 114-113 scorecard. It was that close.

Re: What a fight ! - 04/06/17 11:15 PM

America, sorry I didn't get a chance to post a response to yours before the fight.

That turned out to be one of the best PPVs I've seen in a long time! (For those that missed it, HBO will replay the ME and the Chocolatito fight on Saturday). Two outstanding fights to end the broadcast.

Jacobs made the most of the weight issue, refusing to weigh in on the day of the fight and costing him a chance to win 1 of GGG's 3 belts. Jacobs was clearly bigger than GGG and gave GGG the fight of his life. I agreed with the 114-113 scorecard. It was that close.

Oh nice!! Glad you got to see GGG vs Jacobs and the Chocolatito fight! i agree it was a close fight! i had GGG winning by a point,or possibly a Draw. i thought Jacobs did a good job,and had a pretty epic comeback after the knockdown. i like both fighters equally but was rooting for Jacobs for beating the odds and holding his own, going 12 rounds with GGG when everyone i was watching it with thought he would be KO'd easily. but youre right,the weight helped Jacobs. a rematch would be good. who would you pick to win if they fought again?who do you want to see Jacobs fight next?what abobut GGG? at 35, GGG is probably towards the end of his career.hopefuly we get to see him and Canelo. i could see Chavez Canelo being a close fight like this as well.again,because of the weight and size issue.what'd you think of the Chocalitot deicision?

Re: What a fight ! - 04/07/17 02:40 PM

Oh nice!! Glad you got to see GGG vs Jacobs and the Chocolatito fight! i agree it was a close fight! i had GGG winning by a point,or possibly a Draw. i thought Jacobs did a good job,and had a pretty epic comeback after the knockdown. i like both fighters equally but was rooting for Jacobs for beating the odds and holding his own, going 12 rounds with GGG when everyone i was watching it with thought he would be KO'd easily. but youre right,the weight helped Jacobs. a rematch would be good. who would you pick to win if they fought again?who do you want to see Jacobs fight next?what abobut GGG? at 35, GGG is probably towards the end of his career.hopefuly we get to see him and Canelo. i could see Chavez Canelo being a close fight like this as well.again,because of the weight and size issue.what'd you think of the Chocalitot deicision?

I like Jacobs but was pulling for GGG and thought he earned a very close victory. I had it even going into the final round, so had Jacobs won that round, I would have had him the winner (though on the official scorecards, that would only have changed it from a unanimous decision to a split decision for GGG).

Jacobs should get a rematch and would be very dangerous in one. However, I think the Canelo camp sees what they think are weaknesses in GGG and now seem willing to make the fight for September. I'd like to see Canelo-GGG, as it should excite the public and make for an action fight, with Jacobs taking on another heavy hitter in David Lemieux, with the winners meeting in early 2018 (which I would expect to be a GGG-Jacobs rematch). If that happens, I would see the rematch as a pick-em fight.

The Chocolatito fight was outstanding but marred by the bad scorecards. Clearly, Sor Rungvisai had command early and shocked everyone by knocking down Gonzales, but Gonzales fought back, through blood covering his face, and eventually took control and should have won the rounds. I had Chocolatito up 115-111 at the end, and that's without what should have been point deductions for Sor Rungvisai for the headbutts that caused the blood to stream in the first place.

Re: What a fight ! - 04/10/17 12:02 AM

Tyson Fury and Irish crime boss, Daniel Kinahan.

Re: What a fight ! - 04/10/17 07:54 PM

Tyson Fury and Irish crime boss, Daniel Kinahan.

Interesting timing. Fury has "announced" he is coming out of retirement (though he hasn't been cleared yet and could be subject to suspension). Wonder if he has any debts he needs to pay off...

Re: What a fight ! - 04/24/17 02:46 PM

This weekend we finally get Joshua-Klitschko, the biggest heavyweight fight in 14 years (since Lennox Lewis-Mike Tyson). Coming from London, it will be live on Showtime, prime time replay on HBO, which is a first. I am amped!

One week later is the big event of Canelo vs Chavez. Not necessarily a fight I've been longing for but it's always good to see big fights that attract the public's attention and this one will certainly do that.

Re: What a fight ! - 04/24/17 10:02 PM

Hoping Wilder finally fights the winner! #Bombzquad!

Re: What a fight ! - 04/24/17 10:39 PM

Hoping Wilder finally fights the winner! #Bombzquad!

I would love to see that myself. Joshua vs Wilder would be enormous. Wilder goes where the money is at - I doubt he would balk at going to London, where that fight would be truly monumental!

Re: What a fight ! - 04/25/17 09:53 PM

Oh yea, he was willing to go to Russia to fight Povetkin so they definitely follow the money. I wished they would raise the money here in Alabama and try to bid it here because his tickets sell like wildfire here but it will probably never happen.

I expect Joshua to beat the old man. Especially if he boxes like he did against Fury.

Re: What a fight ! - 04/25/17 10:07 PM

Oh yea, he was willing to go to Russia to fight Povetkin so they definitely follow the money. I wished they would raise the money here in Alabama and try to bid it here because his tickets sell like wildfire here but it will probably never happen.

I expect Joshua to beat the old man. Especially if he boxes like he did against Fury.

Wilder has fought a lot of times in Alabama, even after winning his belt, a luxury smaller market hometown fans don't often get. Him in Bama and Crawford in Omaha are the exceptions right now.

I'm picking Joshua too, albeit more hesitantly. Joshua isn't the awkward giant Fury was. Klitschko will be the larger man as usual and Joshua will come at him in a more conventional style, which is what Wlad is used to. If Joshua can establish his jab against the longer-armed Wlad, he will have won the first battle.

There are so many angles to this fight, and so many questions, it's unreal. Will Joshua be energized or intimidated by the crowd? Who will have the edge in stamina, the old/experienced Wlad who knows how to reserve energy or the young Joshua who has never gone the distance? Wlad's chin is suspect, but Joshua's has only been tested once with discouraging results, so who does a brawl truly favor? Intrigue abounds!

Re: What a fight ! - 04/26/17 07:30 PM

Should be about 3 or 4 fights here since the belt, one of his defenses were in Brooklyn. I went to the Molina fight of course and the 3rd fight but I had to leave and work a storm in Arkansas so I basically ate that one. There have been rumors he wants a fight at Coleman Coliseum in Tuscaloosa but that will be hard to pull off.

Re: What a fight ! - 04/26/17 09:21 PM

i think Joshua beats Klitschko decisively.moast likely by KO,or stoppage. Fury Klitschko was one of the worst fights ever.Klitschko's too hesitant to throww punches. he also lookeded bad against Bryant Jennings,and that was over 2 years ago. he practically waited until the 12th round to start fighting,

Joshua beats Wilder,i.m.o. unless Wilder lands one of his bombs,he would be easily outboxed. Povetkin probably would've beat him,too. Wilder is such an unrefined boxer. he fights like a country boy.just about everyone i know that watches boxing hates his style and roots for him to lose.on the other hand, his power is the real deal. i personaly think he's exciting to watch. and he doesn't get much credit. it could be because of his antics,he's a cocky Libra and some people are turned off by that. i understand it because i have had a lot of Libra freidns my entire life.

Re: What a fight ! - 04/27/17 10:53 PM

He's not as cocky as you think. They really play him up during promotions for his fights. I actually know his sister and nephews. They are good people.

As for his style yes he is a brawler. He is not refined as a boxer, but I don't think Povetkin nor Joshua could make him pay for that either. Everyone said Stiverne would finally expose him as well and yet he still won. Povetkin needed drugs to stay in the game like Fury. Klitschko is scared to throw a punch anymore against anyone. Like you said his fight with Fury was the worst fight I've ever seen and that's the truth. I think Klitschko landed like 52 punches for the WHOLE fight and I'm not exaggerating either. Boxing refs need a red and yellow card like the refs did in PRIDE Fighting in Japan. You got the red and you lost 10% of your purse to PRIDE.

Wilder has showed he has a chin and he has shown he is not going anywhere any time soon. He definitely has shown he has the power to put most HW's to sleep.

Re: What a fight ! - 04/28/17 09:11 PM

He's not as cocky as you think. They really play him up during promotions for his fights. I actually know his sister and nephews. They are good people.

As for his style yes he is a brawler. He is not refined as a boxer, but I don't think Povetkin nor Joshua could make him pay for that either. Everyone said Stiverne would finally expose him as well and yet he still won. Povetkin needed drugs to stay in the game like Fury. Klitschko is scared to throw a punch anymore against anyone. Like you said his fight with Fury was the worst fight I've ever seen and that's the truth. I think Klitschko landed like 52 punches for the WHOLE fight and I'm not exaggerating either. Boxing refs need a red and yellow card like the refs did in PRIDE Fighting in Japan. You got the red and you lost 10% of your purse to PRIDE.

Wilder has showed he has a chin and he has shown he is not going anywhere any time soon. He definitely has shown he has the power to put most HW's to sleep.

i believe you. his outspokenness is part of his job,to sell the fights. he seems to be a dedicated family man,so i don't doubt that he's good peeps. have you spoke with his family about what they think of his career,and rise to become HW champ? do you live in the same city as like,he does? it's true he's moar of a brawler. particulary when he sees an opening,or senses his opponent is hurt,he fricking flails his fist like a madman,but his strength is his number one leverage.he has the advantage of his height,and being 1 of the hardest hitting HW's,in terms of KO power.he could be getting his a** kicked,but at any time in the fight if he lands,he could turn the fight around and win by KO.like,did you see his last performance against gerald washington? he was doing prety bad job boxing,but once he landed cleanly the fight was over. same with the arthur spilka fight. he did well against Stiverne,that's his only win that wasn't by KO. i'd like to see Wilder fight other top competitors.you're right,povetkin used Roids and i cant fault Wilder for declining to fight him. who would you like to see Wilder up against? how do you think Wilder vs AJ would go? i fully expect AJ to win on saturday. Klitschko barely landed any punches against Fury. 52 in an entire fight is like less than 5 punches thrown per round.prety sad. it's obvious Klitschko wants to go out with one big payday,and it's a passing of the torch to the new HW king.whats your prediction for the fight?

Re: What a fight ! - 05/01/17 12:25 PM

Of course I'd probably be biased towards Wilder beating AJ but it's just hard to tell. His fight against Washington he was coming back from tearing his bicep and was very rusty, and I don't think he fully trusted the right hand because of it. He also had hand surgery as well before that fight. Once he can get a good jab down and get more technical he will be very hard to beat.

His sister and nephews live in the same city as me but Wilder himself still lives in Tuscaloosa, which is West of me. One of his nephews is a pretty good football player too so the whole family has athletes.

Re: What a fight ! - 05/03/17 11:00 PM

I can't favor Wilder vs Joshua. Not saying it would be a shocking upset if he won, but I would consider it unexpected.

Nevertheless, it would be a very entertaining fight and one I would love to see happen this year.
Posted By: pilliano

Re: What a fight ! - 05/04/17 06:33 AM

I like wilder,but I believe as soon as he's hit properly he's going..He also swings most of his punches as soon has he's rattled,ok if they connect they can do some damage but he's got to be really tested..I would love to see wilder v fury,to big tall fellas who will throw a game plan out the window and go for it,with,hopefully wilder knocking the big prick out.

Re: What a fight ! - 05/04/17 02:50 PM

I honestly don't think Fury can hang with the top heavyweights of the new generation (Joshua, Wilder, Ortiz). I would favor Klitschko in a rematch against him too.

If Fury intends to resume his career, his best bet is to grab the biggest payday, which would be against Joshua, before getting exposed. I wouldn't have him take any tune-ups, as he very easily could be upset. Just look at his fight against longtime cruiserweight Steve Cunningham, who was good but dwarfed by Fury and should have been overwhelmed but actually put Fury on the deck.

Of course, I personally would rather see Joshua in against several others before or instead of Fury.

Re: What a fight ! - 05/04/17 04:13 PM

Totally agree with you.There are some over here that think fury Is the white Ali because he beat WK,who had a very bad day at the office.I am 30 miles up the road from fury so the rumour mill gets around,and it's well known the big tit is a chronic steroid user and a Coke head..His cousin and stable partner,hugie fury,blamed a out break of boils and spots all over his body on it being acne,so when they were busted for banned steroid use,they blamed it on eating wild boar and hedgehogs they eat as gypsies..I remember the Cunningham fight and was jumping everywhere when Steve put him on his arse.Size told in the end.

Re: What a fight ! - 05/08/17 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: pilliano
Totally agree with you.There are some over here that think fury Is the white Ali because he beat WK,who had a very bad day at the office.I am 30 miles up the road from fury so the rumour mill gets around,and it's well known the big tit is a chronic steroid user and a Coke head..His cousin and stable partner,hugie fury,blamed a out break of boils and spots all over his body on it being acne,so when they were busted for banned steroid use,they blamed it on eating wild boar and hedgehogs they eat as gypsies..I remember the Cunningham fight and was jumping everywhere when Steve put him on his arse.Size told in the end.

Fury has used steroids?? How come that even with that stuff his body still looked like shite LOL

Re: What a fight ! - 05/09/17 05:33 PM

Canelo-Chavez turned out to live down to the expectations I had for it. What redeemed the telecast was the announcement of Canelo-GGG for September 16, complete with WWE-style showmanship. Worth catching the last 15 minutes of the HBO replay this weekend to see that part of it.

Re: What a fight ! - 05/09/17 05:49 PM

Fury has used steroids?? How come that even with that stuff his body still looked like shite LOL

He has the physique of a newborn mother after giving birth to triplets.

Re: What a fight ! - 05/09/17 08:47 PM

Canelo-Chavez turned out to live down to the expectations I had for it. What redeemed the telecast was the announcement of Canelo-GGG for September 16, complete with WWE-style showmanship. Worth catching the last 15 minutes of the HBO replay this weekend to see that part of it.

you were right all along Mr. Blonde. that was 1 of the worst boxing ppv events i've seen. 12 rounds to 0 Canelo on all 3 scorecards. it was pitiful. like you said,the only solace is hearing Canelo/GGG get officially announced. the WWE style announcement,and the confetti made it clear that the outcome of Canelo/Chavez was pre-determined. some people are debating whether or not Chavez even tried or purposely threw the fight,but it doesn't matter either way the fight was terrible. i have to admit, when Canelo and GGG stood side-by-side it was clear as day that GGG is much bigger and is probably much stronger

Re: What a fight ! - 05/10/17 03:02 PM

I don't think Chavez threw the fight per se. I think he tried to box him from a distance but was unsuccessful and didn't have a Plan B and became content to go the distance after the first three rounds.

He should have known fans would revile him much more for that than if he opened up, went for the stoppage and got stopped himself. Of course, maybe he couldn't bring himself to endure the punishment of such a fate after tasting Canelo's power. Canelo and countless other boxers would not have hesitated in going for the win, hopeless as it may appear, rather than coasting to a decision loss.

Re: What a fight ! - 05/20/17 10:22 PM

Sorry that I couldn't post this much sooner, it's the Glory 41 card:
Rico Verhoeven vs Khalid Lazaar!!

But here you go gents:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyT3kWwxUTo
Posted By: Hollander

Re: What a fight ! - 05/21/17 06:34 PM

Sorry that I couldn't post this much sooner, it's the Glory 41 card:
Rico Verhoeven vs Khalid Lazaar!!

But here you go gents:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyT3kWwxUTo

Lazaar fought bravely, he's just not strong enough. Let's hope they find more good hw's otherwise Rico will be the Champ forever. The other fights were pretty good.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/01/17 10:48 PM

If you missed it last weekend, try to find a replay of the Kell Brook-Errol Spence fight from the U.K. Very good fight that, in retrospect, could be seen as the coronation of the next big American star and the heir to Floyd Mayweather.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/14/17 10:08 PM

So Mayweather-McGregor is now official for August 26 at the MGM Grand Garden.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19...inalized-aug-26

If you are only going to order one fight the rest of the year,... make it Canelo-GGG, not this. The chances of this fight being competitive are minimal.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/14/17 11:07 PM

So Mayweather-McGregor is now official for August 26 at the MGM Grand Garden.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19...inalized-aug-26

If you are only going to order one fight the rest of the year,... make it Canelo-GGG, not this. The chances of this fight being competitive are minimal.

Canelo vs GGG is a great fight with tremendous boxers and I'll definitely watch it, but come on!! McGregor vs Mayweather is something that I wouldn't want to miss for the world.

I know there's a 99% chance Floyd wins and maybe doesn't even get touched, but McGregor is a very unique individual, who has proved me wrong more that once, so I will watch this fight for sure..

Re: What a fight ! - 06/14/17 11:49 PM

Re: What a fight ! - 06/15/17 12:29 AM

Don't get me wrong - I will watch May-Mac. But if I only bought a few fights due to either budget concerns or pure principle, Canelo-GGG would trump this in a heartbeat.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/15/17 01:43 AM

I know there's a 99% chance Floyd wins and maybe doesn't even get touched, but McGregor is a very unique individual, who has proved me wrong more that once, so I will watch this fight for sure..

Agreed. I expect Mayweather to win, but if Conor can touch him with that left then we have a match. Everybody knows I'm a MMA guy too but I just don't see it.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: What a fight ! - 06/16/17 03:25 AM

Agreed. I expect Mayweather to win, but if Conor can touch him with that left then we have a match. Everybody knows I'm a MMA guy too but I just don't see it.

Don't you think that Mayweather will seriously injur Conor? How is an MMA guy going to fight a real championship boxer? This sounds like the most idiotic match ever.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/16/17 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Don't you think that Mayweather will seriously injur Conor? How is an MMA guy going to fight a real championship boxer? This sounds like the most idiotic match ever.

With all do respect AG, but when was the last time that Floyd seriously hurt anyone? Not counting the sneaky KO vs Ortiz, when the poor guy wasn't looking wink

Re: What a fight ! - 06/16/17 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl

With all do respect AG, but when was the last time that Floyd seriously hurt anyone? Not counting the sneaky KO vs Ortiz, when the poor guy wasn't looking wink

Maybe so but all of Floyd's fights have been against legitimate pro boxers at or near the top of their game. Conor is making his pro debut, no matter how you slice it. A serious injury to Conor is sadly not out of the question.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/16/17 05:05 PM

On another note, a much better fight takes place tomorrow, the rematch between Andre Ward and Sergei Kovalev. HBO will be replaying the first (very good and hotly contested) fight tonight and tomorrow. I'm not a fan of the undercard but this is another PPV that will give the buyer a much better show than May-Mac.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/16/17 09:28 PM

Yea I'm not worried about Conor at all. You have to realize they train almost every single day in the MMA world which includes boxing.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: What a fight ! - 06/16/17 10:22 PM

@Dixie I'm worried about Conor because he has never fought as a professional boxer before.

@BillyB Yeah I know how Mayweather plays it safe but still he is fighting an amateur boxer. He could really injur him.

@Mr. Blonde I agree

Re: What a fight ! - 06/16/17 11:02 PM

I will be watching Ward/Kovalev tomorrow night. Mayweather/McGregor on the other hand is a sham. if you felt ripped off pyaing $100 for Mayweather/Pacquiao then this is going to be 10 times worse. aside from the fact that Conor has an official boxing record of 0-0, he's had horrible stamina in his past fights, and Floyd is going to wear him down and easily KO him. it will be an embarassment. Conor is strong but i would be surprised if he's able to touch Floyd. moast people watch Floyd fights hoping someone will land that 1 punch to KO him but it never happens. and it's almoast impossible that a non-boxer will be the one to do it.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/17/17 02:50 AM

I will be watching Ward/Kovalev tomorrow night. Mayweather/McGregor on the other hand is a sham. if you felt ripped off pyaing $100 for Mayweather/Pacquiao then this is going to be 10 times worse. aside from the fact that Conor has an official boxing record of 0-0, he's had horrible stamina in his past fights, and Floyd is going to wear him down and easily KO him. it will be an embarassment. Conor is strong but i would be surprised if he's able to touch Floyd. moast people watch Floyd fights hoping someone will land that 1 punch to KO him but it never happens. and it's almoast impossible that a non-boxer will be the one to do it.

I agree with almost everything you said, but not that Conor's stamina is in question. It was only a problem in his first fight with Nate Diaz, in the second fight he fixed it and he went the full 5 rounds without any big problems.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/17/17 06:05 PM

Holly's Back!!!
Instant karmic justice.. Flawless executed technique, a real thing of beauty smile

Re: What a fight ! - 06/17/17 10:57 PM

Holm is still too tentative. The ref had already warned them about actually doing something! Why fight if all you're going to do is wait for the other person to swing first? It's like she has to work herself up to have that killer instinct.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/18/17 05:51 AM

What are the rules for the Mayweather v McGregor if it is just boxing rules. Mayweather will knock him out easy.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/18/17 05:57 AM

People really believe this will be a good fight. When I was a kid I would go see wrestling matches at the old and the new garden. I once saw Waldo Von Erick stabbed by a fan as he walked into the ring. Everyone thought it was real.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/18/17 10:08 AM

Man I'm pissed i missed that fight.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/18/17 01:12 PM

Man I'm pissed i missed that fight.

Actually, you didn't miss a whole lot dude, Holm was too tentative the majority of the fight just like Dixie said. She made up for it with that KO though..

Re: What a fight ! - 06/18/17 07:52 PM

Foots,

Mayweather/McGregor is a boxing match.

I honestly don't expect much either. But I do find it funny that some people will say McGregor won't be able to touch him. How many boxing matches have you seen where one of the boxers did not land a punch the whole fight? I'm not talking about quick KO's and such, I seriously doubt Mayweather can KO him in the first 3 rounds.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/18/17 08:27 PM

Foots,

Mayweather/McGregor is a boxing match.

I honestly don't expect much either. But I do find it funny that some people will say McGregor won't be able to touch him. How many boxing matches have you seen where one of the boxers did not land a punch the whole fight? I'm not talking about quick KO's and such, I seriously doubt Mayweather can KO him in the first 3 rounds.

Co-signed 100%

Re: What a fight ! - 06/18/17 10:20 PM

Ward-Kovalev II was not free of controversy but may cement Ward as the #1 P4P fighter today. I want to digest it a bit more before making such a proclamation myself (I had Terence Crawford as #1 P4P beforehand).

Re: What a fight ! - 06/18/17 11:39 PM

Did you guys here what happened to Matt Hughes he was riding in his pick up truck and did not see a train coming. He had no broken bones but he is probably a dead man. Ever heard what happens to a baby if you shake him to hard. I think that happen to Hughes.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/19/17 05:03 PM

UFC Heavyweight Tim Hague dies after being KOed in a boxing match on Friday. http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19672728/ex-ufc-fighter-tim-hague-dies-knocked-boxing

Re: What a fight ! - 06/19/17 05:06 PM

On a brighter note, Manny Pacquaio's next fight will actually air live on ESPN on July 1. Unquestionably the biggest fight in ESPN's long history.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/19/17 06:34 PM

Did you guys here what happened to Matt Hughes he was riding in his pick up truck and did not see a train coming. He had no broken bones but he is probably a dead man. Ever heard what happens to a baby if you shake him to hard. I think that happen to Hughes.

We still don't know what happened, so I'm not going to pass judgement yet. I will say that RR crossings at least here in the South we have a LOT of crossings with no warning lights and no crossing arms. Some have one, both, or mainly NONE. I have one near my house that you can't see until the front of your vehicle is over the tracks.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/20/17 08:27 PM

Ward-Kovalev II was not free of controversy but may cement Ward as the #1 P4P fighter today. I want to digest it a bit more before making such a proclamation myself (I had Terence Crawford as #1 P4P beforehand).

congratulations to Andre Ward. imo he deserves the p4p #1 slot. the Andre Ward haters are mad. no excuses!

Re: What a fight ! - 06/21/17 06:11 PM

congratulations to Andre Ward. imo he deserves the p4p #1 slot. the Andre Ward haters are mad. no excuses!

After contemplation, I ultimately agree that Ward has earned the #1 P4P spot.

FWIW, my P4P list is;
#1 Ward
#2 Crawford
#3 GGG
#4 Loma
#5 Chocolatito
#6 Canelo
with a pretty steep dropoff after that. Those top 6 though are very close, where I think I could elevate any to the #1 spot with a dominating performance over a worthy foe.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/21/17 10:35 PM

I agree with Ward being the p4p best atm, but if GGG wins in impressive fashion I probably will choose him..

Re: What a fight ! - 06/22/17 12:30 PM

I'll go with that aswell Billy..Also ggg has been more active.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/26/17 10:55 AM

I'll go with that aswell Billy..Also ggg has been more active.

Have you seen Fedor vs Mitrione this weekend S.?
Was hard for me to watch the legend get knocked out like that..

Re: What a fight ! - 06/28/17 01:30 AM

If he got up a split second earlier he gets the KO instead of Mitrione. I've said from the minute he said he was coming back that he shouldn't have. He's just too old now and has lost his chin.

As for that double knock down, that was some crazy shit. Somewhere Sylvester Stallone is ready to sue for trademark infringement on Rocky's/Creed's double punch after Rocky 3 I think?

Re: What a fight ! - 06/28/17 08:10 AM

I did,it's seems a bit of a shame when they go out like that.Its age Billy,it's a fucker lol.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/28/17 12:00 PM

If he got up a split second earlier he gets the KO instead of Mitrione. I've said from the minute he said he was coming back that he shouldn't have. He's just too old now and has lost his chin.

As for that double knock down, that was some crazy shit. Somewhere Sylvester Stallone is ready to sue for trademark infringement on Rocky's/Creed's double punch after Rocky 3 I think?

Yep, that was the favor Rocky owed for Apollo training him. I couldn't help but think of that scene too when that double knockdown happened.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/28/17 04:57 PM

EXACTLY the same thing I thought! lol

Re: What a fight ! - 06/29/17 02:38 PM

That double knockdown was certainly a sight. In a real fight, I had only seen that happen once before - in an amateur boxing match decades ago whose participants I have long forgotten.

On another front, Manny Pacquaio fights Saturday in Australia. This will actually be live on ESPN, probably the biggest live fight in ESPN's history. Jeff Horn doesn't look like much of an opponent but he is from Australia, undefeated, and 9 years younger than Pacman.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/29/17 04:43 PM

Fedore and the has been football player. How old are they got to be in their 50s or older. He knocked out Fedore. I don't want to see old guys fight. If I did I would have some one film me. Last fight I had i was in my mid 50s. I fought a Russian in his 30s right on the east river drive highway near Houston street at 3 am in the morning. Took me a long time to knock him off his feet. He cut my lip, broke my glasses. I would have ran him over in his own car but guys were stopped on the high way watching it.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/29/17 04:55 PM

I saw two MMA guys knock each other down at the end of a fight. One was a student of Matt Serra Pete Sell. I forget the other guys Scott smith a good fighter with his hands. Had the fight won but Sell connected at the end of the fight as well Both went down. But smith got up before being counted out and won.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/29/17 05:01 PM

I saw two MMA guys knock each other down at the end of a fight. One was a student of Matt Serra Pete Sell. I forget the other guys name a good fighter with his hands. Had the fight won but Sell connected at the end of the fight as well as get hit. But the Serra guy Sell got up before being counted out.

I always liked Drago, this fight was also very memorable:

Re: What a fight ! - 07/02/17 09:11 AM

Kudos to Horn!

Re: What a fight ! - 07/02/17 05:08 PM

That was a HORRIBLE decision. The judge that had it 117-111 should be shot! That means he gave Horn all but 3 rounds. What a joke!

Re: What a fight ! - 07/02/17 08:50 PM

That was a HORRIBLE decision. The judge that had it 117-111 should be shot! That means he gave Horn all but 3 rounds. What a joke!

Mick Gatto fixed the fight. wink

Re: What a fight ! - 07/02/17 10:24 PM

Bad decision ruined what should have been a very good night for boxing. Fight has good, albeit sloppy, action and drew a big rating, not to mention a huge crowd in Australia.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/06/17 09:09 PM

You know, I watched the fight a second time, this time without audio, and I scored it closer than I had the first time. Without audio, I scored it 114-113 Pacquaio, but those 115-113 Horn scorecards did not seem unreasonable at all. Teddy Atlas' championing of Pac the whole fight affected me, as it probably did most U.S. viewers (who had a different viewpoint than non-U.S. viewers from what I've read).

Re: What a fight ! - 07/07/17 01:59 AM

I never pay much attention to the guys calling the fight because most are irritating anyways. I just cannot find any way to score that fight in Horn's favor.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/11/17 05:01 PM

Came back from a vacation yesterday and was treated on this gem of a fight that I recorded. What a fight indeed!!!

Re: What a fight ! - 07/11/17 06:06 PM

That was an awesome fight. Going to be a great card the 29th as well, Jon Jones is back!!!

Did y'all see where Mayweather filed some papers trying to push his date back where he owes the IRS from 2015? He owes on 220 million. He is either playing hard to get for the IRS, or he is really broke. The second sounds more like it with him taking this fight with McGregor.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/11/17 06:12 PM

That was an awesome fight. Going to be a great card the 29th as well, Jon Jones is back!!!

Did y'all see where Mayweather filed some papers trying to push his date back where he owes the IRS from 2015? He owes on 220 million. He is either playing hard to get for the IRS, or he is really broke. The second sounds more like it with him taking this fight with McGregor.

I agree. Conor even commented on it at TMZ:

Re: What a fight ! - 07/14/17 12:08 PM

Looks more like a circus than a press conference imo:

I thought the height difference would be a lot bigger in Conor's favor, but it's almost non-existent:

Re: What a fight ! - 07/14/17 02:17 PM

This is where the entertainment factor for this fight will come from - the prefight exchanges, which have been pretty fun (unless you mind lots of cursing and/or MacGregor's borderline racist taunts).

Re: What a fight ! - 07/14/17 05:22 PM

This is where the entertainment factor for this fight will come from - the prefight exchanges, which have been pretty fun (unless you mind lots of cursing and/or MacGregor's borderline racist taunts).

Floyd let his guys loose on Conor, if something would've happened, that would've been a big mistake. I don't care about the weight difference, they would get their asses kicked by Conor and his teammates. Only the big black guy could've gotten away unscathed because of his sheer size, if he could manage to stay on his feet that is, otherwise all bets are off LOL

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/14/15...-have-to-happen

Re: What a fight ! - 07/15/17 11:42 AM

This shit is just too funny!! The little weasel LOL

Re: What a fight ! - 07/15/17 04:17 PM

Americans are funny. They don't have any problem with fighters making racist comments about McGregor to sell a fight but when McGregor calls Mayweather "boy" or mentions favelas they get all hoity-toity all of a sudden.

Racism is racism.

What McGregor's saying is embarrassing but it's not as bad as what guys like Clay Guida and Urijah Faber have said about the Irish, and I don't remember any faux outrage over that.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/16/17 12:15 AM

Billy, if you'll notice Floyd had some high soled shoes on during that presser. Look at the face off in L.A. then look at Brooklyn. Floyd obviously grew 2" or so in that time.

The Brooklyn and the last presser was just flat out awful.

And Moe you don't have a clue about American's so you might want to bow out of that discussion right away.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/19/17 04:20 PM

Americans are funny. They don't have any problem with fighters making racist comments about McGregor to sell a fight but when McGregor calls Mayweather "boy" or mentions favelas they get all hoity-toity all of a sudden.

Racism is racism.

What McGregor's saying is embarrassing but it's not as bad as what guys like Clay Guida and Urijah Faber have said about the Irish, and I don't remember any faux outrage over that.

I think we are too politically correct when it comes to racism. I am probably the least racist of anyone I know. Hard to be a racist when you coach our football and want to win.

But as a kid I loved to fight. To get people to fight I would say anything to get them to fight including racist remarks. Then I had a reason to kick there ass. Soccer players do it to opponents to get into their heads.

Recently very recently there was a Dutch professional who just signed a contract. He is 22 years old I don't care what anyone says a 22 yr old is still a kid no matter how good he can play. He is an Ajax fan and he was on their twitter account talking shit about Ajax now that he is on another team who they will be playing against. I guess he said something racist. One of the guys on that twitter read it and found it nesscessary to tell his new club about it. The club voided his contract. So his career might be destroyed for what he said. That is why I am not on Facebook, twitter or Linkined what ever that is.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/19/17 08:15 PM

Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin didn't cause his contract to be voided, he did that to himself.

People are too quick to blame social media when 99% were the cause of their own downfall. Just because you're on social media it doesn't mean your secrets are posted, it's just like a message board, what you post is what gets out there. If you don't want it out there then don't post it.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/19/17 09:21 PM

Cotroni fought in Jamaica last month.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/21/17 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Hollander
Cotroni fought in Jamaica last month.

Thanks for sharing. Some good action in that fight.

(And Jamaica has some very nice round card girls whistle )

Re: What a fight ! - 07/21/17 09:48 PM

Glad you liked it Mr. Blonde, video is no longer available because of a copyright claim by Television Jamaica Limited.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/21/17 09:58 PM

No idea if guys here are into kickboxing, but GLORY 42 Paris will go down as one of GLORY's most notorious events.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/22/17 09:13 PM

I love kickboxing. I don't watch like I used to during K1's prime, and since Bojansky retired (last I seen) I haven't watched it like I would like. If Badr Hari is fighting I will probably watch too.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/24/17 05:33 PM

Pretty good card coming up on Saturday on Showtime. Main event of Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia is a great clash of styles, and Jermall Charlo on the undercard is definitely worth watching - he may be the future of the middleweight division. The winner of the Charlo-Heiland fight will be named the #1 contender for the GGG-Canelo winner. Some other very good matchups on that card are sadly not being televised but hopefully they show some highlights.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/24/17 06:28 PM

It's UFC for me this weekend. Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/24/17 08:09 PM

It's UFC for me this weekend. Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier.

You and me both, Dix.. I think this fight is as good as it's gonna get, fight quality wise, MMA of the highest level. Both fighters are extremely well-rounded and have incredible fight IQ. Personally I don't understand were all the hate for Cormier comes from, he's a class act in my book.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/25/17 01:29 AM

People these days like someone flawed, we don't want to root for some dude that acts like he's Mr. Perfect wink

Re: What a fight ! - 07/25/17 11:08 AM

I love kickboxing. I don't watch like I used to during K1's prime, and since Bojansky retired (last I seen) I haven't watched it like I would like. If Badr Hari is fighting I will probably watch too.

K1 is still around. https://k-1world.com/

Rico Verhoeven will fight in the first GLORY event in China in October.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/26/17 12:19 PM

People these days like someone flawed, we don't want to root for some dude that acts like he's Mr. Perfect wink

You mean the way Jon Jones acted before he crashed and burned grin

Re: What a fight ! - 07/26/17 07:05 PM

Nah even when he acted right there was rumors of his coke snorting and partying. DC is on UFC Tonight and does preview shows too and some 3rd mic on the announcement team because he is squeaky clean.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/28/17 03:57 PM

Latest rumor is if Bones Jones wins, he will next fight... Brock Lesnar

Proof positive that the UFC does not expect Conor MacGregor to return to the octagon and needs to come up with some outside-the-box events to keep money rolling in.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/28/17 07:57 PM

It depends on what happens in the May/Mac fight though. If Mac is dominated he's definitely more than likely coming back to the UFC. If he upsets Mayweather then chances are they will have a rematch and he's definitely never coming back.

The Jones/Lesnar fight could happen whether Jones wins or not. It would be a super fight no matter what happens to Jones Saturday night and would sell pretty good. I don't care to see it as Lesnar would lay and pray over Jones unless Jones bulks up big time. Otherwise Lesnar's wrestling takes over. This is a super fight the UFC would be dumb not to make, but most of this comes from Jones saying all week that he would fight Lesnar and the fact Lesnar is joining the USADA pool.

As for this weekend, I got Jones, Woodley, Cyborg, Lawler and Manuwa. Lawler/Cerrone could go either way I think.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/06/17 11:58 AM

Wah wah wah wah wah wah.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/mcgregor...s-36004431.html

Re: What a fight ! - 08/07/17 02:08 AM

Thanks grin

I think many people underestimate Conor like most Irish he knows boxing it's in their blood.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/07/17 03:51 AM

Ever fight a good professional boxer? I have could not touch him. He hit me and pushed me out of the way so I could not hit him back. Then when I regained my balance he hit me again then pushed me away. The jab could knock out most people. I was very surprised by the power in a straight jab.

If he is motivated to make an example out of Conor he will fuck him up in no time.
If he isn't it will be a joke. I have no urge to see it either way.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/07/17 09:35 AM

Ever fight a good professional boxer? I have could not touch him. He hit me and pushed me out of the way so I could not hit him back.

I hear ya Foots. I always thought I was pretty good with my hands, until I sparred a few rounds with a bonafide professional. The guy was a brilliant counter puncher and had incredible footwork, so it didn't matter that I hit hard because every time I threw a punch he just slipped or blocked it and he just continued to jab me silly..

The whole experience was very damaging to my ego LOL

Re: What a fight ! - 08/07/17 10:04 AM

Mayweather doesn't fuck people up. For all his strengths, he is not a power puncher. It's just VERY hard to even get close enough to do damage to him.

The fight will probably go the distance and Mayweather will take the decision.

But I don't count Conor out.

People said Mendes, Aldo and Alvarez would easily account for him but that didn't happen either.

Punchers chance.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/07/17 01:06 PM

Moe, I learned a long time ago never to count Conor out..

On one hand I want Conor to win by epic KO, but on the other I want him to lose because I'm afraid that if he wins he'll never step foot in the Octagon again. I think he would just focus on boxing and the multi-million dollar paydays that go with it.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/07/17 01:14 PM

Ever fight a good professional boxer? I have could not touch him. He hit me and pushed me out of the way so I could not hit him back.

I hear ya Foots. I always thought I was pretty good with my hands, until I sparred a few rounds with a bonafide professional. The guy was a brilliant counter puncher and had incredible footwork, so it didn't matter that I hit hard because every time I threw a punch he just slipped or blocked it and he just continued to jab me silly..

The whole experience was very damaging to my ego LOL

When I was a kid I saw someone try to fight a jujitsu guy on the street this was in the 60s. He could not hit him either jujitsu player kept throwing him to the ground. Remember no rules in a street fight. Finally the guy said fuck this and shot the jujitsu guy in the chest and walked away.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/07/17 01:23 PM

Mayweather doesn't fuck people up. For all his strengths, he is not a power puncher. It's just VERY hard to even get close enough to do damage to him.

The fight will probably go the distance and Mayweather will take the decision.

But I don't count Conor out.

People said Mendes, Aldo and Alvarez would easily account for him but that didn't happen either.

Punchers chance.

Aldo could not do a number on him. When Aldo is in NYC he rolls with my son and Shaolin they work on his BJJ.

Mayweather is not a knock art artist just a boxing artist. If he is serious he will knock him out or they will stop the fight in the first round. Or Conor will do some MMA on him breaking the rules to save himself from being knocked out or hurt bad.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/07/17 07:07 PM

Some of y'all forget one thing though, Conor is not just some bum off the streets going against a boxer.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/09/17 04:31 PM

My son had ideas about going into MMA because he was so good in BJJ. So he goes to a boxing gym those ideas left him in a hurry. He has a blind side on one side of his face. Can't see the punch coming until it's to late. He hits hard but not hard enough not to get hit himself.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/11/17 11:39 AM

LOL

https://www.fightsports.tv/sapp-gets-kod-in-return-to-kickboxing/

Re: What a fight ! - 08/11/17 05:51 PM

This is a disgrace, he wasn't even trying to make it look realistic.. Why in God's name are they still booking him?

Re: What a fight ! - 08/11/17 05:53 PM

Bob Sapp has always been a bitch.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/24/17 12:25 AM

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.mmamania...treet-fight-mma

Pretty cowardly kicking a guy in the face when he's on the ground, and punching him four times when he's unconscious. It's murder and I hope he goes to prison for a long time.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/24/17 05:34 PM

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.mmamania...treet-fight-mma

Pretty cowardly kicking a guy in the face when he's on the ground, and punching him four times when he's unconscious. It's murder and I hope he goes to prison for a long time.

This is what can happen if you engage in a street fight, plain and simple. These gentlemen don't adhere to Marquess of Queensberry rules.. And it's not murder because the other guy participated voluntarily, he will probably be charged with manslaughter..

Re: What a fight ! - 08/24/17 10:24 PM

The footage didn't show that before this fight the victim was beaten up by a group of guys. It seems that the two knew eachother for a long time they used to train at the same fight club. Russia fight clubs are notorious.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/25/17 02:26 PM

The victim was an unwilling participant in the fight if reports are to be believed.

According to what I read the attacker had already sucker punched him several times.

And I suspect that if the victim gained the upper hand then he would have been set upon anyway.

The attacker's brother is already in prison for murder; the two are infamous members of a gang that specialises in extortion etc.

I can't stand when people punch others repeatedly in the head when they are already unconscious.

He's looking at 20 years.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/25/17 04:45 PM

I can't stand when people punch others repeatedly in the head when they are already unconscious.

Me neither pal but like I said before, these guys are savages..

Re: What a fight ! - 09/11/17 03:21 PM

We are finally less than a week out from the REAL Fight of the Year, Canelo vs GGG. I've been going back and forth in my mind and cannot yet make a prediction, other than for an explosive fight.

Re: What a fight ! - 09/15/17 01:48 AM

We are finally less than a week out from the REAL Fight of the Year, Canelo vs GGG. I've been going back and forth in my mind and cannot yet make a prediction, other than for an explosive fight.

so have i grin i keep changing my pick,but for now im going to go with Canelo for the win. this is going to sound like far fetched,but i watched the face-off and Canelo has the look in his eyes like he wants to win.lately i've had like almoast 100% accuracy predicting the outcome of fights based on watching the face-off lol!!!! like when Kovalev was all antsy,and couldnt look Andre Ward in his eyes before the last fight,i knew Andre Ward would win. GGG seemed to be too giddy,and like hes knot taking it as seriously.Canelo is all business.but like you said,im excited for this Saturday. why do you think either Canelo or GGG has a chance to win?what like,do you think are their best qualities and what should they try to do to win the fight?

Re: What a fight ! - 09/19/17 11:21 AM

Me neither pal but like I said before, these guys are savages..

He surrendered after a month on the run.

https://en.crimerussia.com/gromkie-dela/...renders-to-fsb/

Re: What a fight ! - 09/26/17 05:54 PM

so have i grin i keep changing my pick,but for now im going to go with Canelo for the win. this is going to sound like far fetched,but i watched the face-off and Canelo has the look in his eyes like he wants to win.lately i've had like almoast 100% accuracy predicting the outcome of fights based on watching the face-off lol!!!! like when Kovalev was all antsy,and couldnt look Andre Ward in his eyes before the last fight,i knew Andre Ward would win. GGG seemed to be too giddy,and like hes knot taking it as seriously.Canelo is all business.but like you said,im excited for this Saturday. why do you think either Canelo or GGG has a chance to win?what like,do you think are their best qualities and what should they try to do to win the fight?

I guess I haven't been around here in a while and missed these questions before the fight.

My final pick was GGG by split decision but this should have been a UD. Canelo didn't win 6 rounds and definitely didn't win 10. Admittedly, there is a significant percentage (including the AP) who scored it a draw and a few who had Canelo 7-5. I had GGG 9-3 (though 8-4 would be reasonable and I could see 7-5).

Having said that, it was an action packed fight. As I suspected, the power display was second only to each fighter's ability to take punishment. No way does any other middleweight go into that climate and avoid getting knocked down. Not quite Fight of the Year but firmly in the Top 5.

Re: What a fight ! - 09/27/17 09:39 PM

I had GGG as well, he turned it on in the later rounds. That dumbass that had it 10-2 Canelo should be suspended...

Re: What a fight ! - 09/29/17 04:22 PM

I had GGG as well, he turned it on in the later rounds. That dumbass that had it 10-2 Canelo should be suspended...

She'll never work a meaningful fight again, even if she is a referee's wife.

Re: What a fight ! - 09/30/17 08:36 AM

Tonight Briedis vs Perez in the World Boxing Super Series.

Re: What a fight ! - 09/30/17 05:12 PM

Either folks are scared of Wilder or they love messing with him because now the THIRD opponent of his has failed a pre-fight drug test.

At least there is hope for Joshua/Wilder next year!

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/121...r-or-luis-ortiz

Re: What a fight ! - 10/04/17 04:29 PM

Either folks are scared of Wilder or they love messing with him because now the THIRD opponent of his has failed a pre-fight drug test.

At least there is hope for Joshua/Wilder next year!

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/121...r-or-luis-ortiz

It is unreal. Both Povetkin and Ortiz were supposed to be major challenges for him, but they were too scared to fight clean. Too bad, because the experience of fighting those guys (especially Povetkin in Moscow) would have been invaluable. Hopefully, he gets the Stiverne rematch out of the way in November and moves on to Joshua in the spring.

Re: What a fight ! - 10/07/17 03:43 PM

Tonight WBSS Eubank Jr. vs Yildirim.

Re: What a fight ! - 10/10/17 01:39 PM

The fabled Kronk Boxing Gym, once home to dozens of world champion prize fighters and the “King of Kronk” himself, legendary trainer Emanuel Steward, burned to the ground on Detroit’s westside over the weekend. Authorities speculate arson was involved in the fire that torched the building back on Saturday.

Scott Burnstein wrote about it on his site.

Re: What a fight ! - 10/10/17 09:54 PM

The fabled Kronk Boxing Gym, once home to dozens of world champion prize fighters and the “King of Kronk” himself, legendary trainer Emanuel Steward, burned to the ground on Detroit’s westside over the weekend. Authorities speculate arson was involved in the fire that torched the building back on Saturday.

Scott Burnstein wrote about it on his site.

I hadn't heard about this. Very sad

Re: What a fight ! - 12/08/17 04:38 AM

Last month was the fastest KO in a title fight in boxing history.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/09/17 02:08 AM

predictions for Loma vs Rigo tomorrow night? smile

Re: What a fight ! - 12/11/17 11:06 PM

There has been talks about an AJ-Fury fight could be interesting lol.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/12/17 12:43 PM

Did you see Rico vs Ben Siddik H? Was a very good fight..

Re: What a fight ! - 12/12/17 02:22 PM

Ofcourse, reminded me of the glory days of K-1. Rico is becoming a true legend and 28 is still pretty young.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/12/17 06:04 PM

Ofcourse, reminded me of the glory days of K-1. Rico is becoming a true legend and 28 is still pretty young.

Glory can be happy with him as champion. His English is perfect and he has the looks and charisma to appeal to the North American market..

Without him and Badr Glory would have nothing appealing for the international scene. Rico really carries the brand on his shoulders at this point. If he keeps winning, I can see him making the step towards a superfight in MMA. Licensing him wouldn't be a big deal because he already has a win on his record..

Re: What a fight ! - 12/12/17 08:37 PM

Glory can be happy with him as champion. His English is perfect and he has the looks and charisma to appeal to the North American market..

Without him and Badr Glory would have nothing appealing for the international scene. Rico really carries the brand on his shoulders at this point. If he keeps winning, I can see him making the step towards a superfight in MMA. Licensing him wouldn't be a big deal because he already has a win on his record..

I can see him make the switch to UFC more fame and money. A fight with that animal Francis Ngannou would be very interesting. Did you see the Overeem KO lol.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/12/17 11:55 PM

I can see him make the switch to UFC more fame and money. A fight with that animal Francis Ngannou would be very interesting. Did you see the Overeem KO lol.

Ngannou is incredible..

Never thought there could be a heavyweight that strong, but at the same time still very athletic and agile, in the Post-USADA era.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/18/17 02:31 PM

A new match between Badr Hari and Rico Verhoeven is not yet a fact. The 'bad boy' kickboxer from Amsterdam-East who was fired from prison recently will have to fight against 'fighterheart' Hesdy Gerges. A martial artist from whom he lost in 2010 at a much-discussed bout in the Amsterdam Arena. The 'rematch' between these two old acquaintances is scheduled by GLORY for March 3, 2018, in Rotterdam's Ahoy.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/21/17 09:49 PM

Ngannou is incredible..

Never thought there could be a heavyweight that strong, but at the same time still very athletic and agile, in the Post-USADA era.

Ngannou has a very good chance of KO'ing Miocic

Re: What a fight ! - 01/12/18 02:22 AM

HULK VS BIGFOOT Brutal video shows giant Travellers swap blows in car park for €70k purse

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2025384/bruta...for-e70k-purse/

Re: What a fight ! - 01/14/18 05:02 PM

AJ’s world heavyweight unification fight against Joseph Parker will take place in Cardiff on March 31.

Re: What a fight ! - 01/15/18 01:14 AM

Wilder fights March 3rd against Ortiz.

God I hope it's Wilder/Joshua after they fight. If not, it's garbage.

Re: What a fight ! - 01/16/18 07:30 PM

Wilder fights March 3rd against Ortiz.

God I hope it's Wilder/Joshua after they fight. If not, it's garbage.

Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing, has suggested Wilder should first fight British contender Dillian Whyte, reportedly offering a $3m purse plus the US television rights to the American with a handshake deal to fight Joshua next, but Wilder wants it in writing: “They’re stuck on this Dillian Whyte because Dillian Whyte gave Joshua somewhat of a time. They want to compare, use Dillian as a measuring stick. That’s an easy fight. Of course that’s an easy fight.

Re: What a fight ! - 01/17/18 10:44 PM

See that is what is driving me crazy in all of this, Hearn is doing nothing but stalling. And yet they say Wilder won't fight anyone, yet he agreed to fight Povetkin in Russia, and I can tell you he'll fight Joshua anywhere but Hearn won't do it for some reason. Nobody cares to see Wilder/Whyte, everyone wants to see Joshua/Wilder. They wonder why boxing still hasn't gotten back to the mainstream like the days of old and this is why.

Re: What a fight ! - 01/19/18 12:07 AM

I agree but Hearn is a smart business guy, he knows boxing fans can't wait much longer for the dream fight between Joshua and Wilder.

Re: What a fight ! - 01/31/18 09:08 PM

GGG-Canelo II formally announced for Cinco de Mayo

Re: What a fight ! - 02/18/18 11:13 PM

I'm now watching yesterday's fight between Groves and Eubank Jr.

Re: What a fight ! - 02/26/18 01:44 PM

RIP Scott Westgarth.

Re: What a fight ! - 02/26/18 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander
RIP Scott Westgarth.

Never heard of the guy tbh, but damn' that is some tragic news and the weird thing is he didn't even lose his fight, he won.. RIP

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5671...r-tragically-dies-after-rushed-hopsital/

Btw H, did you see Holzken's fight last Saturday? He did pretty good, even the (German!!) crowd was on his side at the end.

Re: What a fight ! - 02/26/18 10:38 PM

Wilder and Ortiz fight this weekend! Can't wait.

Bommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbzquuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: What a fight ! - 02/26/18 11:32 PM

RIP Scott Westgarth.

Sad, R.I.P.

Re: What a fight ! - 03/02/18 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by BillyBrizzi

Btw H, did you see Holzken's fight last Saturday? He did pretty good, even the (German!!) crowd was on his side at the end.

Yeah he did better as in Glory lately. The only thing he should work on are his punches for points he now only went for the big swings and hooks, if he learns to box for points he can handle himself against the top in a boxing ring.

Re: What a fight ! - 03/05/18 01:22 AM

Wilder Ortiz was fun. Ortiz f****ed up taking his foot off of the gas in the 8th when he almoast had Wilder KO'd at the end of the 7th round. once Wilder got his wits and legs back,he knew to go for the knockout. I had Ortiz winning before the stopage,what about you guys?

Re: What a fight ! - 03/12/18 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by americafyeah
Wilder Ortiz was fun. Ortiz f****ed up taking his foot off of the gas in the 8th when he almoast had Wilder KO'd at the end of the 7th round. once Wilder got his wits and legs back,he knew to go for the knockout. I had Ortiz winning before the stopage,what about you guys?

Yeah, I had Ortiz up 3 at the time of the stoppage 86-83.

Wild fight for sure, between that and Sor Rungvasai-Estrada for early lead for fight of the year. Great time to follow boxing

Re: What a fight ! - 03/14/18 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde

Wild fight for sure, between that and Sor Rungvasai-Estrada for early lead for fight of the year. Great time to follow boxing

It was exciting to watch. The only thing that bothered me about the fight,is when they announced that all 3 judges had Wilder ahead on the scorecards lol wtf. I have to go back and watch the Sor Rungvasai fight. I heard it was close,is that true? He surprised me last year when he KO'd Chocolatito. Looking forward to Joshua Parker at the end of the month. Who's your pick? What do you think about the Canelo drug testing controversy?

Re: What a fight ! - 03/14/18 10:05 PM

It was exciting to watch. The only thing that bothered me about the fight,is when they announced that all 3 judges had Wilder ahead on the scorecards lol wtf. I have to go back and watch the Sor Rungvasai fight. I heard it was close,is that true? He surprised me last year when he KO'd Chocolatito. Looking forward to Joshua Parker at the end of the month. Who's your pick? What do you think about the Canelo drug testing controversy?

Yeah, the Sor Rungvasai fight was sustained action compared to the peaks and valleys of Wilder-Ortiz. It was very close.

I clearly favor Joshua over Parker, though this may be the first time he has to go the distance.

Really unsure about the Canelo situation. I have heard many Mexican soccer players and other athletes from there have tested positive for this substance, presumably due to ingesting Mexican beef. I looked into it a little bit and it is something that is banned in cattle here and in Europe but is allowed in Mexico. The reason it is banned is because it allows for greater oxygen intake and therefore has a rejuvenating effect during times of physical fatigue. The documentation of prior Mexican athletes works both ways - yes, it shows (presumably) that it is in foods, but Canelo's staff should have known this and taken precautions to avoid it. Not hard to do if it is only in beef. And in this day and age, boxers should know not to eat beef while in camp anyway. Get your protein from turkey and fish.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: What a fight ! - 03/16/18 06:10 AM

Wilder looked pretty terrible for more than the first half of that fight. Didn't throw much. Ortiz way ahead. Wilder almost down and out in the 7th, looked out on his feet in his corner. Also looked amateurish when he had Ortiz in trouble--flailing away; if Ortiz had been a little sharper, he'd have gotten right through. But: Wilder won fair and square.

Re: What a fight ! - 03/19/18 04:41 PM

Y'all know I'm a huge Wilder fan because he's from Bama and we've never had someone at the top like this. After saying that, there is NO WAY he was leading that fight before he KO'd Ortiz. I had to watch it on a cell phone going down the road as we got called out to New Jersey to work that Nor'easter that hit Jersey hard so I might have missed a few things or seen things differently. I'm wanting to say I had Wilder down 3 rounds I think it was (it's been a long 2 weeks working 16 hours a day and things run together very easily) before he finished the fight. He has to quit trying to act like Ali or Anderson Silva and play with folks and not wait until he eats a shot before deciding to get "serious" and end the fight. He could have done that anywhere in the fight and never would have ate that shot but he continues to do just that and showboat.

As for the wild stuff, that has ALWAYS been a part of Wilder's game. Everyone claims it will cost him yet it hasn't hurt him yet. It's just his style. Ortiz simply ran out of gas trying to KO Wilder and then once Wilder cleared the cobwebs he pulled out that right and put Ortiz on his ass. And people still want to act like he has no power. If he opens up his game against Joshua he beats him. If he shows up doing the shit he did the other night, then Joshua easily outpoints him and it's over. I also think people finally realized that Wilder DOES have a chin as that shot KO's many Heavyweights.

#Bommmmmmmbbbbzquuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaad

Re: What a fight ! - 03/21/18 02:41 PM

Roël Mannaart won the K-1 heavyweight title in Japan. The Dutchman defeated the Croatian Antonio Plazibat on Wednesday. After three rounds, he was selected as the winner by the jury.

Mannaart entered the fight as a challenger, but managed to keep his head cool throughout the fight. He fought from a closed cover and held the middle of the ring, so his Croatian opponent barely managed to create damage.

The son of four-time world champion André Mannaart also proved conditionally stronger. The Croat had trouble defending and therefore also suffered a lot of punches on his head and liver, so Mannaart took the win.

The K-1 was declared bankrupt a few years ago, but is currently undergoing a revival in Japan. In the past, the Netherlands were extremely successful, Ernesto Hoost, Peter Aerts, Remy Bonjasky, Semmy Schilt and Alistair Overeem all won the K-1 World Grand Prix.

Re: What a fight ! - 04/06/18 04:19 PM

Conor McGregor fucked himself big time yesterday.. Stupid shit!!!

Though I respect Conor's sentiment (sticking up for a friend), I unequivocally condemn his methods..

Re: What a fight ! - 04/07/18 05:31 PM

Yea they could have had plenty of chances to jump Khabib elsewhere and there was no need to act like fools. This card is fucked tonight! Only fights I'm interested in now are all 3 women fights and Khabib/Raging Al. Al has a punchers chance, but Khabib will just hump him into submission.

Re: What a fight ! - 04/17/18 05:48 PM

Conor and Canelo have stained the spring schedule of their respective sports.

Hoping against hope that Joshua-Wilder is signed soon.

Re: What a fight ! - 04/19/18 10:32 AM

Conor and Canelo have stained the spring schedule of their respective sports.

Hoping against hope that Joshua-Wilder is signed soon.

Eddie Hearn has said that he will meet with Wilder's team in New York this week, fingers crossed.

Re: What a fight ! - 04/19/18 11:58 AM

Wilder vs Joshua would be awesome!!! The winner would be the bonafide undisputed HW champion..
Posted By: F_white

Re: What a fight ! - 04/19/18 02:12 PM

Wilder vs Joshua will be the fight of the year if it happen.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/03/18 01:13 AM

King Rico!

[Linked Image]

Re: What a fight ! - 06/09/18 09:00 PM

I'm watching UFC 225 solely due to the car crash that will be the CM Punk/Mike Jackson fight.

I'd be amazed if Punk doesn't get embarrassed again.

The way he approached Mickey Gall at the start of his last fight, and the lack of conviction in the weak ass punch he threw at him - it doesn't augur well for tonight.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/12/18 10:17 PM

Yes! Deontay Wilder claims he has agreed to unification of all belts with Britain's Anthony Joshua in the UK.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/13/18 01:44 PM

Yes! Deontay Wilder claims he has agreed to unification of all belts with Britain's Anthony Joshua in the UK.

It's about time! This should be the boxing event of the year, especially in the U.K.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/21/18 12:21 PM

First AJ fights Povetkin on 22 September at Wembley. He defends his belts of the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/21/18 06:26 PM

Big risk for AJ taking that fight. Povetkin is no joke!

Re: What a fight ! - 07/22/18 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by dixiemafia
Big risk for AJ taking that fight. Povetkin is no joke!

Agreed.. I don't feel good about this fight, history has proven that these kind of ''squeezed in fights'' before the Big Fight often jinx everything up.

Re: What a fight ! - 07/30/18 09:08 AM

Dillian Whyte and Chisora wins show Eddie Hearn’s growing power

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/b...isora-wins-eddie-hearn-heavyweight-power

Re: What a fight ! - 08/22/18 12:32 AM

Wilder accepted a fight with Tyson Fury lol. Should be interesting.

Re: What a fight ! - 08/26/18 05:53 PM

Just a clip of Ronda Rousey flicking the bean to Conor McGregor's Irish accent and rapier wit.

Re: What a fight ! - 09/08/18 04:17 PM

Anyone watched legal BKB? Tonight on Viceland.

Bare Knuckle Boxing 13 takes place at the Indigo Arena at the O2 complex this Saturday (September 8, 2018). For those unaware of the rules, fights are anywhere between three and five rounds, with each round being two minutes. Scoring is similar to boxing and MMA with a maximum of 10 points per round. Fighters are not permitted to headbutt, hit below the belt, hit the back of the head, or use anything other than their hands to strike an opponent.

Professional Oddsmaker Nick Kalikas created betting odds for most of the Bare Knuckle Boxing 13 event

Re: What a fight ! - 09/21/18 12:04 AM

Oow Yeah!!! IT'S ON!!! grin

Re: What a fight ! - 09/22/18 08:51 PM

AJ vs Povetkin in a while.

Re: What a fight ! - 09/22/18 09:49 PM

Down goes the Russian..
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: What a fight ! - 09/25/18 03:32 AM

Speaking of Russian:
Watched Canelo/GGG II last night. Great fight. Canelo took the first half, GGG the second half. I thought GGG hurt Canelo more in the second half than Canelo hurt him in the first half. But, since there were no knockdowns, I thought the fight was another draw.

Re: What a fight ! - 10/07/18 06:03 AM

McGregor got his ass whipped. frown

Ah well, there's always the memories of Ronda flicking the bean to him to cherish.

Re: What a fight ! - 11/17/18 02:23 AM

Tyson Fury is working with Freddie Roach for the Wilder fight next month.

Re: What a fight ! - 11/23/18 01:45 AM

The Gypsy King looks in great shape, Wilder beware !

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article13582010.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_Tyson-Fury.jpg

Re: What a fight ! - 11/23/18 01:57 AM

Re: What a fight ! - 12/03/18 12:29 AM

Good fight but AJ will destroy both of them.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/03/18 01:06 PM

I don't think AJ can beat either of them.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: What a fight ! - 12/03/18 05:12 PM

Despite being knocked down twice,i thought Fury should have won the fight. Wilder is a one trick pony who relies on his jab. He was out boxed by Fury..

Re: What a fight ! - 12/04/18 02:18 PM

It was not as lopsided as some claim. Just take a look at the CompuBox numbers, there was NUMEROUS rounds where 1-3 punches landed separated the round for each fighter. Hard to say Fury "dominated" when Wilder landed 2x more punches in a couple of rounds and had similar numbers as Fury in others. That's why we seen such a difference in the scoring as that fight truly could have went either way.

I had it a draw as well in my worthless live scoring.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/10/18 06:17 PM

I had it 115-111 Fury; 9 rounds to three minus a point for each knockdown. That seems to be the majority opinion though the AP had it a draw and ESPN scored it for Wilder.

This was a "Jaws" fight - slow build to an outstanding conclusion, making the fight as a whole legitimately great. I'm on board for the rematch. Joshua who?
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: What a fight ! - 12/11/18 04:53 AM

Fury won. The final round should have been 10-9 wilder.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/20/18 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by BillyBrizzi
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.mma...ting-champion-in-brutal-street-fight-mma

This is what can happen if you engage in a street fight, plain and simple. These gentlemen don't adhere to Marquess of Queensberry rules.. And it's not murder because the other guy participated voluntarily, he will probably be charged with manslaughter..

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/mma-fighter-filmed-killing-powerlifter-13759948

Guy received 18 years in prison.

Re: What a fight ! - 05/08/19 01:04 AM

AJ, world champion of the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO will face a Mexican in his first title fight abroad. The 29-year-old Andy Ruiz, who lives and trains in California, will have the opportunity on June 1 in New York.

Re: What a fight ! - 05/08/19 05:46 PM

I had it 115-111 Fury; 9 rounds to three minus a point for each knockdown. That seems to be the majority opinion though the AP had it a draw and ESPN scored it for Wilder.

This was a "Jaws" fight - slow build to an outstanding conclusion, making the fight as a whole legitimately great. I'm on board for the rematch. Joshua who?

There was no way Fury won 9 of 12 rounds. There's a reason it was scored a draw. There's also no way the last round was 10-9, Fury got knocked down! Unless he comes back and knocks Wilder down in the same round, it's a 10-8 round all day of the year.

Joshua is a clown until he actually fights Fury or Wilder. He flat out ran from Wilder and then tried to save face and got booed for it, and he seems like he doesn't want any of Fury either. People forget that Tyson Fury is still considered the lineal champion because he didn't lose his belts via a fight but was stripped. How he got up against Wilder in the 12th I'll never know. That was some Undertaker in Wrestlemania type shit.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: What a fight ! - 06/02/19 08:41 AM

Lol yesterday was another showcase how corrupted the boxing game is. Taylor got her ass kicked, but still got the victory handed to her because of the almighty marketing machine.
Man, I spit my drank all over the place and laughed out loud when they announced her as the winner. Theft at its finest.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/02/19 09:47 AM

Wow first time abroad and AJ got his ass kicked. Should be a wake up call.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: What a fight ! - 06/02/19 10:57 AM

Wow first time abroad and AJ got his ass kicked. Should be a wake up call.

Lmao yeah that was some humiliating asskickery.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/02/19 01:15 PM

Tried to tell y'all that Wilder is the best in the HW division

Re: What a fight ! - 07/29/19 12:41 AM

Too bad AJ lost I want to see a fight against Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury.

Re: What a fight ! - 11/03/19 05:00 AM

Well that was a disappointing ending. I thought Masvidal was going to win by decision. But was looking forward to all 5 rounds.

Great knockout by Kevin Lee and great hoss fight between Lewis and Ivanov.

Till bored his way to victory. Great performance all the same.

The guys who won generally in control from the beginning.

Rogan just saying that Diaz's cut wasn't the worst he seen, didn't hamper his performance, and that the stoppage was unnecessary. Can't disagree with any of that.

Re: What a fight ! - 11/07/19 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Well that was a disappointing ending. I thought Masvidal was going to win by decision. But was looking forward to all 5 rounds.

Great knockout by Kevin Lee and great hoss fight between Lewis and Ivanov.

Till bored his way to victory. Great performance all the same.

The guys who won generally in control from the beginning.

Rogan just saying that Diaz's cut wasn't the worst he seen, didn't hamper his performance, and that the stoppage was unnecessary. Can't disagree with any of that.

It was a good stoppage. It was a bad cut and was close to going 3/4 of the way across his eye as Masvidal was stomping his ass. The Diaz fans make me laugh, they honestly thought he had a chance to win that fight. Masvidal dominated the fight and wasn't falling off like McGregor did.

I don't see how Ivanov was standing, he took some punishment! Stephen Thompson looked good too.

Re: What a fight ! - 11/07/19 07:01 PM

Wilder/Ortiz II is in 2 weeks!

Bombzquuuuaaaaaaddddd!!

Re: What a fight ! - 12/06/19 01:53 AM

Andy Ruiz Jr vs Anthony Joshua 2 on Saturday in Saudi Arabia second time he fights abroad. Don't let us down again AJ.

Re: What a fight ! - 12/08/19 12:11 AM

Good open fight, not much hugging and kissing like we often see with heavyweights. AJ just did enough to get the win.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: What a fight ! - 12/08/19 01:07 PM

So it turns out that the beer, pizza and cheeseburger training diet is not actually the path to consistent success for a boxing champion. Who knew?

https://production-livingdocs-bluew...2a5996bd8bbc.jpeg?w=3067&auto=format

Re: What a fight ! - 01/19/20 01:09 AM

Conor vs Cowboy in a few hours, should be a great fight. grin
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: What a fight ! - 01/19/20 05:38 AM

Sure didn’t last very long. Those shoulders to the face were vicious. And once the kick to the jaw landed it was over.

Re: What a fight ! - 01/25/20 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni

Sure didn’t last very long. Those shoulders to the face were vicious. And once the kick to the jaw landed it was over.

Cerrone lost that fight before it even started. I always got the impression he was just there for the ride.

Re: What a fight ! - 01/28/20 04:26 PM

ANYBODY that's ever followed MMA and seen Cowboy fight knows he wasn't "just there for the ride". He's a scrapper and always has been, he's notoriously known for starting slow and that's why he was dominated early

Re: What a fight ! - 01/29/20 01:14 AM

And anybody that follows MMA knows that Cerrone is past his peak, has a mental block when it comes to big fights, and wanted this spot because it would financially set him up for life, not because he genuinely thought he could hang.

Just look at his demeanor in the build up to the fight. I could be wrong, as I said it's merely my impression, but he seemed happy to be there.

The whole prelude to the fight was like one big love-in between Conor and him.

That said, it goes both ways.

Conor's attitude in the build-up to the Khabib fight was all wrong. He gave Khabib all the incentive in the world to beat him and way underestimated him. He didn't take his training camp seriously at all. And he still managed to take a round off Khabib and hang with him in a way that other fighters haven't.

LOL at Joe Rogan's biased "Khabib is smashing his face in" commentary. He clearly didn't do that if Conor's face was virtually unscathed after that fight.

Re: What a fight ! - 02/21/20 11:43 PM

At long last, the Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury rematch is tomorrow. I cannot remember a rematch between two undefeated fighters at the elite level, and this is the biggest heavyweight fight since at least Lewis-Tyson (I would say the biggest since the Holyfield-Tyson rematch in 1997).

Hoping for a worthy second installment to follow the first. Also hoping that Wilder finally ascends to Linear World Champion status.

Re: What a fight ! - 02/22/20 08:37 AM

Let's hope for the sake of boxing Wilder beats him..

Re: What a fight ! - 02/24/20 01:51 PM

Tyson Fury was brilliant Saturday night.

But it's still a Mediocre weight class.

Re: What a fight ! - 05/17/20 10:43 PM

Evander Holyfield (57) and Mike Tyson (53) are going to compete again in the ring on July 11 in Saudi Arabia.

Re: What a fight ! - 06/10/20 05:05 PM

Anthony Joshua and his fellow countryman Tyson Fury have agreed on the financial conditions for their titan fight. According to the English boxing promoter Eddie Hearn, it will be a fight over two parties.

Negotiations between Joshua and Fury managers started in early May. "It looks good now, the two men have agreed on the financial terms. But we still have a long way to go. We are now going to look at data and locations, ”said Hearn.

Fury thanked Daniel Kinahan for making this possible.

Re: What a fight ! - 09/21/21 05:29 PM

Joshua vs Usyk is Saturday. Fascinating fight on many levels.

Rare heavyweight matchup between two Olympic gold medalists. The first since Lennox Lewis vs Ray Mercer in the mid-1990s.

Usyk is the first southpaw AJ will face professionally.

Size difference. Holyfield proved cruiserweights can transition into successful heavyweights and Usyk is the second-greatest cruiserweight since Evander himself. Still, the height and weight differences are considerable.

Joshua still has a lot to prove, as this will be just his third fight since getting kayoed by Ruiz.

Should be fun!

Re: What a fight ! - 10/06/21 09:01 PM

Apparently there was little interest here for Joshua-Usyk. Is there any more for Fury-Wilder III, which is this Saturday?

Re: What a fight ! - 10/06/21 09:17 PM

Apparently there was little interest here for Joshua-Usyk. Is there any more for Fury-Wilder III, which is this Saturday?

I watched it, great event, more than 60,000 fans at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium like the old days of boxing. AJ didn't look good at all, the Ukranian dominated well deserved win.

Re: What a fight ! - 10/10/21 11:44 AM

Posted By: CNote

Re: What a fight ! - 11/07/21 11:20 AM

Canelo put on a clinic last night, coming in from crazy angles and throwing punches with Baaad intentions he dismantled a good defensive fighter systematically.

Re: What a fight ! - 01/14/22 12:04 AM

Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua told they have "no skills" by heavyweight legend
Former world heavyweight champion Larry Holmes has slammed the stars of today, including Fury and Joshua, as not being up to the standard of his generation's top fighters

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-anthony-joshua-news-25899965
Posted By: Giacalone

Re: What a fight ! - 01/14/22 12:11 AM

Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua told they have "no skills" by heavyweight legend
Former world heavyweight champion Larry Holmes has slammed the stars of today, including Fury and Joshua, as not being up to the standard of his generation's top fighters

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-anthony-joshua-news-25899965

Could not agree more lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET