Home

NFL 2015

Posted By: olivant

NFL 2015 - 05/02/15 08:43 PM

Well, it's never too early to start talking NFL football.

I think my Steelers had a great draft and I wouldn't be surprised if all of their picks made the team.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/02/15 09:31 PM

well, last year you would have won that playoff game if you would have had bell healthy.

you could be tough.

I look for the eagles to be vastly improved.

over in the nfc a healthy aaron Rodgers could put green bay over the top. I think the seahawks are going to suck this year.

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/07/15 11:37 PM

Are the Cowboys becoming a half-way house?
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/09/15 04:36 AM

The best thing about ESPN completely fucking over their site is that it's made me seek out other avenues. For instance, as of this posting, there's not a single word on ESPN about a potential Tom Brady suspension:

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasy...oming-next-week

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-e...n-coming-050815

From what I'm seeing, it may be as minor as 1-2 games, or 6-8 games, or in some extreme cases up to a year.

Personally, I'm hoping it's a year and it's nothing against Brady or the Patriots. I'm hoping it's finally the straw that breaks the camel's back and forces the owners to get rid of Roger Goodell.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/09/15 06:10 PM

Suspend Brady for a year and give rise to MIAMI!!! FINS UP!!!

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/09/15 08:28 PM

what did he do so bad? at half time the balls were reinflated, and he did better in the 2nd half, than he did in the first.

it had no bearing on the game at all. its such a minor thing, why not let it go.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/09/15 09:02 PM

Binnie,

If it didn't come after SpyGate...I don't think the interest would be as high. I think some of Brady's completion and turnover numbers are called into question as nobody knows how long he was allegedly doing this.

Eli Manning > Tom Brady head to head....cheating or not

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/09/15 09:21 PM

I just don't see how a deflated ball can turn the tide of a game. if It could every qb in the league would have their balls deflated.

its a minor violation. and hasn't determined the outcome of any game.

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/11/15 06:38 PM

Brady hit with 4 game suspension &
Pats hit with million dollar fine for deflate gate

I watch sports reporters on espn on Sunday mornings....one of the only halfway decent shows on that network..Bob Ryan, the Boston sports guy, is a usual panelist...when he didn't appear this sunday.....I knew the hammer was about to come down on Brady

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/11/15 08:30 PM

too severe of a punishment, the crime doesn't rate a four game suspension. could cost the pats the playoffs this coming year.

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/11/15 09:29 PM

It's fine with me because my Steelers open against the Patriots and the Steelers will be without Le'veon Bell.
Posted By: jipjones

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/12/15 02:35 AM

YES I CANt wait to c wat MY BUFFALo BILLS do to them in week 2!! HOPE da D CRUSES GAROPOLO!!! Sry Binnie The PATS r THE BIGGEST SCUMBAG BELICHEAT ERA FRANCHISE of all time gotta ASTERISK THEM I bet Joe Montana 49ers Superbowl run team of the 80's didn't do ne of that shit! SAME wit BRADSHAW TEAAM or AIKMEN!! there first 2 SUPERBOWLS r prolly tainted THE PANTHERS think they were being tape in there SUPERBOWL walk through.. prolly same with the RAMS.. Im not saying there not a good team or ne thing like that but BIGGEST SCUMBAG FRANCHISE dynasty in history gotta asterisk it they aint up there wit Joey Montana or bradshaw or aikmen excedera.. TAINTED!!
Posted By: Lilange

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/12/15 10:39 AM

The big deal is that he took air out of the ball against the ravens the week before and that was a night game and brutality cold and the pats win a close game do they win that game with a proper ball? stats don't lie they had the least fumbles in the nfl the last 5/6 season is that just a coincidence Danny amandolla was a fumble machine before he came to the pats now he's sure handed that's the big deal the ravens went nuts after the game called league officials and got nowhere so the next call was to the colts the only saving grace was the colts got destroyed the ball had nothing to do with it. But if that's a close game what a disaster for the league.

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/12/15 10:40 AM

* caught cheating. Lol
Posted By: Oscarthedago

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/12/15 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
Well, it's never too early to start talking NFL football.

I think my Steelers had a great draft and I wouldn't be surprised if all of their picks made the team.

While I grew up outside of Pittsburgh as well, have you seen their draft picks over the last 5 years? They've missed on most picks unfortunately.

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/12/15 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
too severe of a punishment, the crime doesn't rate a four game suspension. could cost the pats the playoffs this coming year.

Agreed...but the fact that TB12 was not cooperative, the NFL has to drop the hammer...especially after so many high profile cases involving NFL players. The offense is "minimal" in my opinion, but TB12 also lied about it (as would I). Problem is...he got caught.

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/12/15 02:54 PM

if I would Robert craft [PATS OWNER] I would appeal, appeal, appeal, all teams deflate balls. hell, Oscar in the game between the pats, and colts, the balls were infalated in the 2nd half and brady had a better 2nd half than he did the first.

meaning the deflated balls had no impact on the game at all.

@ jipjones... boy, are you hard on the pats. nfl games don't depend on defalated balls, the balls don't determine the winner.

im glad jipjones isn't the NFL commissioner, he would run the pats out of the league.

are you saying brady isn't worthy of the hall of fame now?

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/12/15 03:02 PM

if I would Robert craft [PATS OWNER] I would appeal, appeal, appeal, all teams deflate balls. hell, Oscar in the game between the pats, and colts, the balls were infalated in the 2nd half and brady had a better 2nd half than he did the first.

meaning the deflated balls had no impact on the game at all.

@ jipjones... boy, are you hard on the pats. nfl games don't depend on defalated balls, the balls don't determine the winner.

im glad jipjones isn't the NFL commissioner, he would run the pats out of the league.

are you saying brady isn't worthy of the hall of fame now?

He's definitely worthy of the HOF...but he LIED and was NOT cooperative. It's like a Pitcher in baseball putting some vaseline on the baseball to get a little extra spin on the ball. Brady likes under-inflated balls because he could grip them better, thus have more control over the ball getting away from him in rainy conditions. It's always the cover up that makes things look worse than they are...and he knows it.

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/12/15 03:05 PM

well, the bad thing is when brady comes back after 4 games, the pats are liable to be 1-3, and that could kill their season.;

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/12/15 03:09 PM

well, the bad thing is when brady comes back after 4 games, the pats are liable to be 1-3, and that could kill their season.;

Trust in Bill...He WILL find a veteran QB and because he is one of the best coaches in NFL history (and it pains me to say that, but its the truth), they'll come out of the gate easily at 2-2 based on coaching alone. Heavy doses of LeGarrette Blount and short passes to Edelman and Gronk...end of story.

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/12/15 03:28 PM

If it's no big deal and didn't make a difference why did he do it.

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/12/15 03:34 PM

Forget the colts game the ravens game it's was done and you can't tell me it's not an advantage to the running backs and receivers. Go have a catch when it's -5 with wind see how many you hold on to. It's also his FU attitude at the press conference. One again if it makes no difference why do it. And you can't say he knows nothing about he had an hour long meeting after the story first broke with the equipment guy.

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/12/15 03:36 PM

Nfl only cares about one thing the gambling be on games fantasy what have you. Once that's gone so is the revenue
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/13/15 08:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Lilange
Forget the colts game the ravens game it's was done and you can't tell me it's not an advantage to the running backs and receivers. Go have a catch when it's -5 with wind see how many you hold on to. It's also his FU attitude at the press conference. One again if it makes no difference why do it. And you can't say he knows nothing about he had an hour long meeting after the story first broke with the equipment guy.

It was odd watching that Patriots/Ravens game, especially the second half as conditions worsened. The Patriots ran 66 passing plays against 13 rushing plays, and there were a few offhand remarks here how unusual it was as we were watching the game.

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/13/15 10:07 AM

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/13/15 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By: getthesenets

That was great

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/13/15 03:42 PM

Agreed 110% Lilange! It's Tom Brady's (fuck you attitude) to everybody. His ego is as big as Texas and that is evident by his high profile relationship with Bridget Moynahan until he moved on to his Brazilian ATM machine. The Boston Herald put out the most ridiculous cover page about everybody being jealous of the Patriots. Here's my question:

The Steelers of the 1970's, the 49ers of the 1980's, the Cowboys of the 1990's...all dynasties, right? Yet, none of those teams or QB's were grilled for breaking the rules or cheating. Why is everybody jealous of the Patriots/TB12 but none of the other dynasties that they would allege misconduct? There have been plenty of dynasties but you don't see Joe Montana, Troy Aikman or Terry Bradshaw being accused of doctoring the footballs to secure a competitive edge. Not saying that none of these teams didn't cheat, but none of them were caught videotaping opponents practices, intentionally doctoring a football to gain a better grip and then blatantly lied about it and would not fully cooperate. If Brady admitted it, he would have been suspended for the Super Bowl...Do I think that TB12 is one of the greatest? Absolutely. But he also benefited from rule changes that completely favor an offense and "The Brady Rule." Hard to compare eras, especially with all the rule changes. TB12 is an arrogant prick who got caught lying to the national media. And today, we live in a technological age where you just can't do that.

Re: NFL 2015 - 05/13/15 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Oscarthedago

Agreed 110% Lilange! It's Tom Brady's (fuck you attitude) to everybody. His ego is as big as Texas and that is evident by his high profile relationship with Bridget Moynahan until he moved on to his Brazilian ATM machine. The Boston Herald put out the most ridiculous cover page about everybody being jealous of the Patriots. Here's my question:

The Steelers of the 1970's, the 49ers of the 1980's, the Cowboys of the 1990's...all dynasties, right? Yet, none of those teams or QB's were grilled for breaking the rules or cheating. Why is everybody jealous of the Patriots/TB12 but none of the other dynasties that they would allege misconduct? There have been plenty of dynasties but you don't see Joe Montana, Troy Aikman or Terry Bradshaw being accused of doctoring the footballs to secure a competitive edge. Not saying that none of these teams didn't cheat, but none of them were caught videotaping opponents practices, intentionally doctoring a football to gain a better grip and then blatantly lied about it and would not fully cooperate. If Brady admitted it, he would have been suspended for the Super Bowl...Do I think that TB12 is one of the greatest? Absolutely. But he also benefited from rule changes that completely favor an offense and "The Brady Rule." Hard to compare eras, especially with all the rule changes. TB12 is an arrogant prick who got caught lying to the national media. And today, we live in a technological age where you just can't do that.

Oscar Best part is Brady and manning lobbied for the new handling of the footballs and range of psi rule change. Great qb I own a b12 jersey he did nothing in the first sb win that was all defense and taping of the practice walk through Rams players swear something was fishy I just find it strange after the got caught they had a hard time winning the big game But let's face it Pete Carroll or Wilson has any balls and changes the play and hands the ball off that's 3 super bowls they loose in the last minute. I'm not a Brady hater like I said one of the best only had a top deep threat one and destroyed the records that season.

Re: NFL 2015 - 07/09/15 06:22 PM

Giants pro bowler Jason Pierre Paul allegedly had his index finger AMPUTATED after a fireworks accident.wonderful. mad

Re: NFL 2015 - 07/10/15 01:07 AM

Rest In Peace to Ken Stabler...Just Win Baby!!!
Posted By: Mark

Re: NFL 2015 - 07/10/15 01:09 AM

The Snake. What a legend for the Raid-ahs... RIP.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: NFL 2015 - 07/10/15 02:58 AM

Oh, thats Sad.

Re: NFL 2015 - 07/10/15 03:24 AM

Christ im getting old, I remember him and all those title games with the steelers.

you know the ones that determine who goes to the super bowl.

Re: NFL 2015 - 07/28/15 08:26 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000504258/article/roger-goodell-upholds-tom-brady-suspension

actual ruling is here

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2015/07/28/0ap3000000504265.pdf

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has upheld Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for violating the league's policy on integrity of the game, the league announced Tuesday.

The full final decision from Goodell can be read here, although it doesn't necessarily end this saga. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that Brady will sue. Brady's camp will seek an injunction on this suspension to try to keep Brady on the field.

Goodell indicated that Brady's destruction of evidence was a factor in upholding the suspension.

"The most significant new information that emerged in connection with the appeal was evidence that on or about March 6, 2015 -- the very day that he was interviewed by Mr. Wells and his investigated team -- Mr. Brady instructed his assistant to destroy the cellphone that he had been using since early 2014, a period that included that AFC Championship game and the initial weeks of the subsequent investigation," Goodell wrote in the final decision on the appeal.

"During the four months that the cell phone was in use, Brady had exchanged nearly 10,000 text messages, none of which can now be retrieved from that device. The destruction of the cell phone was not disclosed until June 18, almost four months after the investigators had first sought electronic information from Brady."

The four-time Super Bowl winner is eligible to play Week 6 in Indianapolis against the Colts. Jimmy Garoppolo, who played sparingly as Brady's backup last year, is expected to start the team's first four games of the season. Brady remains eligible for training camp and the preseason.

Rapoport reported earlier Tuesday that the NFL and NFL Players Association exchanged offers for a potential settlement for Brady's suspension. However, Brady was not willing to accept any offer that included him sitting out games, and the league almost certainly wanted an acknowledgement of contrition from Brady.

Brady was suspended on May 11 after a report by Ted Wells, an investigator contracted by the league, asserted Brady's connection to the deflation of footballs used in the AFC Championship Game, which the Patriots won, 45-7. Wells did not allege that Brady himself improperly handled the footballs, but the investigator wrote that he believed Brady was "at least generally aware" of the alleged involvement of Patriots staff in deflating the footballs. Wells also noted that Brady did not fully cooperate with his requests during the investigation.

The Patriots franchise was also handed down discipline stemming from the incident, but owner Robert Kraft ultimately chose not to fight those sanctions, which included a $1 million fine and the loss of a 2016 first-round pick and 2017 fourth-round selection.

Around The NFL will have more on this developing story.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: NFL 2015 - 07/29/15 10:21 PM

WOOOOO training camp starts tomorrow!! Lets go PHINS!!!
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/09/15 12:43 AM

Giants pro bowler Jason Pierre Paul allegedly had his index finger AMPUTATED after a fireworks accident.wonderful. mad

We still don't know how many fingers he has. Just put one of those big tape jobs on it and get out there. Come on!

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/09/15 02:22 AM

im anxious to see if tebow can stick it out with Philadelphia, be interesting if he makes it.

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/10/15 03:25 PM

Rest in Peace to New York Giant great,Frank Gifford.

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/11/15 12:40 AM

Rest in Peace to New York Giant great,Frank Gifford.

When I was a kid (8-12 years old) Frank G was my hero. Coming from a NYC suburbs back then we saw a few games each years. He was so smooth on the field. I hated Chuck Bednarik for tackling him so hard. Thanks Frank.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/11/15 05:45 PM

R.I.P. Frank Gifford
I love your story MaryCas.

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/11/15 06:33 PM

Hey JETS fans...

while you're laughing at the Giants for offseason F ups by JPP

your starting QB was just Knocked the F out and jaw broken in training camp

out for 6-10 weeks

http://news.rotowire.com/Ikemefuna-Enemkpali-googid304541-spnfl.htm

lol

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/11/15 07:33 PM

just to give one an Idea about salaries, in 1956, frank Gifford was the most valuable player in the NFL, he made 25,000.

all the NFLERS had off season jobs. and ticket prices were affordable. 3.50 for general admission.

anyone know how much it cost to get in an NFL game today?remember parking is 30-50 dollars in most stadiums.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/11/15 08:59 PM

If you need to ask the price then don't go watch it at home.

I went to a Yankee game last year. I sat near the field. Order food inside the cost was 600 dollars.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/11/15 09:04 PM

One of my soccer players was the MVP in the best team in the USA. He got a two year contract in the MLS their first year metro stars total for the two years was 40 thousand dollars.

A cop made more money at the time 32 thousand a year

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/11/15 10:15 PM

Stories about Bears players holding down regular jobs in the off season are plentiful around Chicagoland back in the day. I'm sure it was the same nationwide with all NFL teams. They never got paid enough back then. Many of them sold cars, insurance and if they were popular enough, book personal appearances.

This gave birth to the pro athlete owned bar, restaurant & club phenomena in the 50's, 60's & 70's. Tons of Chicago pro athletes did this, including; Joe Pepitone, Dave Kingman, Redd Kerr, Stan Mikita, Ron Santo & Ed O'Bradovich.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/12/15 01:31 AM

I have no faith in my Bears, anything over 8-8 would shock me.

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/12/15 05:59 AM

I think you will see the bears on an upswing, prepare to get shocked this year.

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/12/15 03:29 PM

The owner of the Browns FAMOUSLY demanded that Jim Brown quit his offseason job and get back to training camp.

Jim Brown told him to F off and finished shooting The Dirty Dozen and retired from the league.

@Binnie,

Giants tickets and Meadowlands parking (yes...meadowlands...I will NEVER call it met stadium) is ridiculous....at least now there is rail service to the games.

@Foot,

I haven't followed MLS is a few years but when it started it was a third tier soccer league...so not surprised that the athletes didn't get the big bucks. I used to joke that American soccer league was like European basketball leagues....ex NBA guys go play in Europe when they are washed up here......and ex elite European soccer players come play here when they are washed up in Europe.Full disclosure, I was never good enough to play ANY pro sport..so maybe I'm hating just a little bit.

@Mark

Great point about athlete /restaurants and bars. My family who travel say that it's a Chicago tradition still even with million dollar salaries. Said he went to Jordan's old restaurant and later to Sosa's (might have been same location different name)..said the food sucked.

There was an All Star Cafe out here in Times Square around the time that area got fixed up...it was allegedly owned by Gretsky,Griffey Jr. etc... food was terrible but the T shirts were cool

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/12/15 10:35 PM

Gets, I still call it Giants stadium. I love flying over it when there's a game going on. Best part of my flight into NEWARK wink

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/12/15 10:40 PM

@gets - I hear you about the food sucking at certain places. Me & Mrs. Mark were at Harry Caray's a few weeks ago and that place rocks. Great atmosphere, delicious food and tons of terrific memorabilia.

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/12/15 11:18 PM

Hey JETS fans...
while you're laughing at the Giants for offseason F ups by JPP
your starting QB was just Knocked the F out and jaw broken in training camp
out for 6-10 weeks
http://news.rotowire.com/Ikemefuna-Enemkpali-googid304541-spnfl.htm
lol

guy was promptly picked up by the Bills

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article...11-046d2a984677

can't make this stuff up

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/12/15 11:28 PM

@AG,

never had the pleasure of flying over Giants Stadium, but seems like that's a great view

When I've flown out West , it's been out of Laguardia...

The city of Newark has been the target for jokes for years but in terms of airports EWR > LGA

@Mark,

Chicago is one of those GREAT food towns, my cousin said that from the greasy spoons to the high end restaurants Chicago's food was some of the best he'd ever had.
but he was disappointed with the athlete themed places.

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/12/15 11:35 PM

@Gets, I read somewhere that they are going to be putting a lot of money into La Guardia Airport, giving it a total makeover. I've never flown into or out of La Guardia just JFK, and of course Newark.

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/12/15 11:41 PM

Chicago is one of those GREAT food towns, my cousin said that from the greasy spoons to the high end restaurants Chicago's food was some of the best he'd ever had.

True dat. We invented the size 2XL shirt. smile

Re: NFL 2015 - 08/21/15 02:46 AM

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/...suicide-attempt

Former Bears quarterback Erik Kramer shot himself Tuesday in an apparent suicide attempt at a motel in Calabasas, Calif., according to NBC. Kramer, 50, reportedly didn’t suffer life-threatening wounds.

From NBC:

Two people were transported by the Los Angeles Fire Department, fire officials said, and a source identified the shot man as Kramer. A person listed in public documents as a relative could not immediately be reached.

Kramer lost his 18-year-old son, Griffen, to a heroin overdose in 2011.

Kramer played for the Bears from 1994 to 1998, leading Chicago to one playoff appearance in 1994. He played for four teams throughout his 10-year NFL career

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/03/15 05:59 PM

judge overturns brady suspension, nfl to appeal

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/...suspension.html

patriots are f'in cheaters, everyone knows it

eli still beat them twice in superbowl

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/07/15 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
And remember if you ain't cheating you ain't trying. Boys n girls.

lol lol lol lol lol So funny.

(I moved your quote over here because that thread was getting pretty serious, didn't want to interrupt)

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/07/15 11:21 PM

Former Bears quarterback Erik Kramer shot himself Tuesday in an apparent suicide attempt at a motel in Calabasas, Calif., according to NBC. Kramer, 50, reportedly didn’t suffer life-threatening wounds.

From NBC:

Two people were transported by the Los Angeles Fire Department, fire officials said, and a source identified the shot man as Kramer. A person listed in public documents as a relative could not immediately be reached.

Kramer played for the Bears from 1994 to 1998, leading Chicago to one playoff appearance in 1994. He played for four teams throughout his 10-year NFL career

One of the nicest genuine guys you would ever want to meet. I can't find any news on his condition but have a couple of feelers out. Soon as I find anything out I will post it.
Posted By: jipjones

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/09/15 12:02 AM

CANT wait to c My BUFFALO BILLS! D go against LUCK in da Homeopener hopefully Rex takes us in the right direction and we finally make the Playoffs after 15 Years

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/09/15 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark

From NBC:

One of the nicest genuine guys you would ever want to meet. I can't find any news on his condition but have a couple of feelers out. Soon as I find anything out I will post it.

From his ex-wife's Facebook page...

Positive update on Erik...The past two nights Dillon has visited his dad and had him all to himself for his visit...( this makes this mama bear happy) So this information I am sharing is not from any professionals it's from my son Dillon to me about his fathers status... I would guess he is still probably heavily medicated however not enough to be in the coma he was put in...I can see Dillon now testing all his responses like that of a doctor...When Dillon said dad he looked at Dillon and knew who he was...He asked him yes or no questions to which Erik responded by shaking his head...He is strapped down as not to pull out all the apparatus he needs at this time to maintain life...There is some emotional stuff that I will respectfully keep private...I'm not savvy to brain injury. I don't know the prognosis. I do know the frontal lobe is damaged as I thought was already damaged from his years
Of playing football in the NFL in the first place...The frontal lobe is the part in our brain that makes us most "human"...decisions...cognitive function...connectedness...anger control...etc...etc...I would imagine it's a long journey ahead to know what he will and won't be capable of...and I have to be honest and say I pray he walks out of that hospital...however I truly don't know if because he responds in these ways today if that's what tomorrow will bring...so I'm staying positive and please keep lifting our family and Erik and our sons up in prayer, warm thoughts, positive vibes or however you roll when you find yourself in a situation bigger than you. All of our love to everyone who just cares

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/10/15 12:19 AM

Bummer. You never know the pain that people are carrying around. Peace to Erik.

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/11/15 01:21 AM

Thanks for the update,Mark.

I had a person very close to me that went through what Erik tried to do. He's not here anymore.

Hope the Kramer family can support each other through this difficult time.

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/11/15 01:27 AM

Thanks for the update,Mark.

I had a person very close to me that went through what Erik tried to do. He's not here anymore.

Hope the Kramer family can support each other through this difficult time.

Sorry for your loss, gets. I couldn't begin to even think how terrible that must be for all involved.
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/11/15 04:00 AM

Pats offense looked pretty good tonight. Gronkowski with 3 TD's. He's gonna have 20 TD's this season... IF he stays healthy.

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/11/15 04:24 AM

they look awesome, good chance to repeat.

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/11/15 07:58 PM

My Steelers lost, but accumulated 450 yds. of offense with D'Angelo Williams in place of L'veon Bell, no Martavis Bryant or Maurkice Pouncey, but Ben behind center and Antonio Brown on the outside. If they can generate a decent secondary, they ought to overwhelm most of their opponents

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/11/15 09:22 PM

@Mark,

Thank You.

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/18/15 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
We still don't know how many fingers he has. Just put one of those big tape jobs on it and get out there. Come on!

picture of Jason Pierre Paul and his mangled hand was released yesterday

click at your own discretion

http://cdn29.elitedaily.com/content/uploads/2015/09/17143542/JPP-600x300.jpg

League is not gonna let him wear the Gene Upshaw mitts.

His playing career is over unless, they give him the Steve Austin 6 million dollar man operation for his hands.

He's lucky....some people who are foolish enough to handle fireworks lose eyes or even their lives.

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/22/15 07:29 PM

Posted By: goombah

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/23/15 04:54 PM

So what do we know about the NFL after two weeks of the 2015 season?

1) The Colts and Eagles are in a lot trouble. Andrew Luck has no line and no running game. Defenses have figured out Chip Kelly and the latest gimmick offense is about to be shown the door.

2) Once elite QBs such as Drew Brees & Peyton Manning look very average.

3) The NFC East is an abomination. Jerry Jones must have been drunk when he went on the radio touting the praises of Brandon Weeden. The Cowboys may actually win that pathetic division with 6 or 7 wins.

4) The Seahawks may borrow Aaron Rodger's advice to fans from last year to R-E-L-A-X

5) The Patriots pass, pass, and then pass some more. And still nobody can effectively stop them.

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/23/15 05:32 PM

... and the Steelers are going to the Superbowl!

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/24/15 12:58 AM

To watch the Giants beat the Jets!

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/24/15 11:14 PM

A SB to watch as exciting as watching paint dry.

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/26/15 12:43 AM

Kind of like a Steelers - Eagles Super Bowl. whistle

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/26/15 01:33 AM

Kind of like a Steelers - Eagles Super Bowl. whistle

Eagles frequently have flights of fancy ... as do their fans.
Posted By: rockstar_man45

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/26/15 06:40 AM

For the love of God can someone take out the Patriots? I don't care who. They and their stupid fans need to be taken down a few pegs

Re: NFL 2015 - 09/28/15 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45
For the love of God can someone take out the Patriots? I don't care who. They and their stupid fans need to be taken down a few pegs

Don't worry, their kryptonite opponent, the NYG is scheduled for Nov. 15th.

Re: NFL 2015 - 10/05/15 05:44 PM

Giants seem to have righted the ship
...now 2-2

still think Coughlin should go

bring in a new guy while Eli is still in decent physical shape

and for all the defensive co-ordinators out there

shame-on-you-when-you-single-team---the ODB
brooklyn zoo!

won't get my hopes up until Cruz returns but 2-2 is better than 0-4, which is where I thought they were heading

Re: NFL 2015 - 10/06/15 02:07 AM

Or paid off th Ref's

17 Flags against Bills, Maybe 10.

The bogus calls were real game changers.

Re: NFL 2015 - 10/06/15 02:56 PM

@DP,

I saw a clip of the highlights after reading your post....and I also hate to see bad officiating. I caught the game on the radio as I was painting so I didn't see the actual plays.

Usually the Giants are on the receiving end of terrible calls....there's a playoff game in SF years ago that comes to mind.(which I'm convinced has shaved 3 months from the lifespan of any Giants fan who watched it).

But you are right....they were some borderline game fixing calls in the Bills game.

Re: NFL 2015 - 10/12/15 03:48 AM

#84 is my favorite number tonight!!! Way to go Giants!! Amazing catch wasn't it?

Re: NFL 2015 - 10/12/15 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
#84 is my favorite number tonight!!! Way to go Giants!! Amazing catch wasn't it?

It was!!!!!

Re: NFL 2015 - 10/13/15 04:46 PM

Gets, thnx for sharing. That was so cool. Amazing catch.

Re: NFL 2015 - 10/17/15 05:20 PM

up here the northwest country word is the seahawks don't have any confidence in pete carroll anymore.

I predicted their downfall, they will be lucky to wind up 8-8

Re: NFL 2015 - 10/20/15 12:17 AM

Giants/Eagles

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Re: NFL 2015 - 10/20/15 08:17 PM

Giants looked lost out there last night.

Roughing the passer?...2 seconds after he releases the ball, you pick him up and slam him? Running into the kicker? Getting the ball taken from you on open field runs?

Gave the game away.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: NFL 2015 - 10/27/15 03:09 AM

AFC south is trash

Re: NFL 2015 - 12/01/15 01:54 AM

Patriots/Broncos game is the game of the year so far.

Gronk is going to get hurt every year because of the way the offense uses him and routes they have him run. DBs are ALWAYS going to hit him below the waist...because there is no other way to tackle a man that size with that kind of athleticism.

Re: NFL 2015 - 12/01/15 09:53 PM

Patriots/Broncos game is the game of the year so far.

Gronk is going to get hurt every year because of the way the offense uses him and routes they have him run. DBs are ALWAYS going to hit him below the waist...because there is no other way to tackle a man that size with that kind of athleticism.

The Seattle-Steelers game was right behind. No defense from either team, but it was an offensive shootout.

I am surprised Gronk lasted this far into the season. He reminds me of a faster Mark Bavaro, who played TE with Phil Simms.

Re: NFL 2015 - 12/04/15 06:23 PM

The Ravens score on the game's last play with no time left and then the Packers score and win the game on the last play with no time left. Madonne!

Re: NFL 2015 - 12/08/15 04:16 PM

Goombah ,
Interesting comparison.Since Shannon Sharpe this modern TE s are almost a different class athletically than the older guys.

Re: NFL 2015 - 12/08/15 05:10 PM

Goombah ,
Interesting comparison.Since Shannon Sharpe this modern TE s are almost a different class athletically than the older guys.

That is a great point Getthesenets. Tony Gonzalez & Shannon Sharpe did a lot to revolutionize the position with their combination of size, speed, and athleticism.

Re: NFL 2015 - 12/08/15 07:27 PM

Yes. Gonzalez is always used as the turning point..and he was a phenomenal athlete....he was on the Cal basketball team that Jason Kidd led to the ncaa run in 93...but Sharpe, his skillset and how he was used in Denver, Elway being the QB is what really opened up the Tight End position.

The NFL rules about what defenses can and cannot do , have led to more prolific offenses in the modern era.

Marino and Fouts were the rare QBs who were throwing for the kinds of numbers back then that average QBs throw for today. Tight End used to be a blocking position mainly..but now the value of TE's come from their ability to catch passes and blocking is secondary.

Mark Bavarro was a great blocker and had great receiver instincts/athleticism and hands..and TOUGH as nails...but a little ahead of his time. Kellen Winslow too.

Re: NFL 2015 - 12/09/15 01:52 PM

Getthesenets, are you old enough to remember Winslow's tour de force performance in the 1982 OT playoff game? He had 13 catches for 166 yds and at least one (possibly two) blocked FGs. To this day, I still contend it is the best NFL game I have ever watched. SD was up 24-0 at the end of the 1st quarter, Miami had its backup QB Don Strock, the hook & ladder play, and so much more.

[video:youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SdBOT_FTio[/video]

Re: NFL 2015 - 12/10/15 09:42 PM

Goombah,

didn't see it live but have seen and read about that game.
He did all that in the Miami heat..and the image and footage of him being carried off the field is one of the most memorable in sports history.

Winslow was great.

I see Sharpe and Gonzales as having more impact because teams started drafting more athletic guys to play TE...and revamped their offensive playbooks because of those guys.

Re: NFL 2015 - 12/11/15 01:05 AM

When OSU played Miami in the 2002 Nat'l Championship game, Kellen Winslow II was incredible. I remember thinking the Browns needed to do whatever they could to draft K2. I was so pumped when they did two years later. But his career was over after he tore his knee trying to imitate Evil Kneivel.

Re: NFL 2015 - 12/11/15 10:52 PM

He arrived in Cleveland at a bad time. You can correct me but I read that the franchise was in disarray in SEVERAL ways....and that a few athletes , including K2, caught staph infections in the locker room.

I remember that part of the story because recently a Giants player got a staph infection that effectively ended his career.

Billion dollar organization, million dollar franchises....and athletes get staph infections? pathetic

Re: NFL 2015 - 12/12/15 01:50 AM

That happened in 2006. It was Winslow, Jurevicus, & LeCharles Bentley. The Browns have been in disarray since the '95 move & have not recovered. Bentley's infection was so bad that he almost lost his leg.

I'm hearing rumors that they may be sold to the Apple CEO, Cook, and then relocated.

Re: NFL 2015 - 12/30/15 01:17 AM

grand opening....grand closing for Chip Kelly

fired from the Eagles

Re: NFL 2015 - 12/31/15 01:53 AM

The Eagle fans are ecstatic. Their patience for a winner lasts about one week.

Re: NFL 2015 - 01/04/16 01:49 AM

Steelers are goin' to the Superbowl...I gotta feelin'!

Re: NFL 2015 - 01/04/16 03:12 AM

good luck to fans of teams that made playoffs

i say steelers/seahawks superbowl

Re: NFL 2015 - 01/10/16 08:14 PM

How 'bout them Steelers!

It was the Burfict ending to a game.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: NFL 2015 - 01/11/16 03:06 AM

The Bengals had it won then they f'd it up.

Re: NFL 2015 - 01/12/16 03:49 PM

The Bears are my favorite team , however, I consider Cincinnati my second.

Very bad showing, Bengals. I think it's time that Mike Brown reconsiders Marvin Lewis' employment status... not your finest hour.

Re: NFL 2015 - 01/13/16 10:56 PM

The tragic life of Lawrence Phillips has come to an tragic end.

The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation announced Wednesday that Phillips -- a former college star at Nebraska whose NFL career was derailed by off-the-field issues -- was found unresponsive in his cell at Kern Valley State Prison early Wednesday morning. He was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Phillips was 40. Prison officials are investigating the death as a possible suicide.

Re: NFL 2015 - 01/14/16 01:31 AM

I expect to see a member, from MO to join here soon named "Get These Rams". "Get These Chargers" in about a year.
heeheheheheh

L.A. big city of dreams, but everything in L.A. ain't always what it seems

Re: NFL 2015 - 01/20/16 06:50 AM

I told everyone about that clown, johhny manziel, well, Cleveland cant wait to dump the bum.

big mistake Cleveland made.

Re: NFL 2015 - 01/21/16 03:39 AM

BC,

I think the Browns picked him to sell tickets and jerseys.He's on a self destructive path that he won't get off until maybe he's injured and can't make money playing sports anymore.

Re: NFL 2015 - 01/21/16 05:48 PM

BC,

I think the Browns picked him to sell tickets and jerseys.He's on a self destructive path that he won't get off until maybe he's injured and can't make money playing sports anymore.

I remember they were selling his jerseys before he played game one with the Browns. I thought WTF!!

Re: NFL 2015 - 01/21/16 07:52 PM

Mig,

If I remember correctly. The DAY after he was picked, the Browns season tickets were sold out for the year.

Browns organization not committed to winning, just to making money.

Re: NFL 2015 - 01/21/16 11:15 PM

Mig,

If I remember correctly. The DAY after he was picked, the Browns season tickets were sold out for the year.

Browns organization not committed to winning, just to making money.

That's pitiful. Die hard Browns fans keep getting disappointed year after year. Me for one.

Re: NFL 2015 - 03/20/16 06:17 PM

Would have been better if they let him in earlier.

Re: NFL 2015 - 07/01/16 02:06 AM

rest in Peace to Buddy Ryan

Re: NFL 2015 - 07/01/16 03:21 PM

An innovator. Of the modern era, the '85 Bears are often considered to be the best defensive team. They should have had more than one title, but I think egos got in the way.

I still remember watching their only loss in '85. It was against the Marino-led Dolphins on Monday Night Football. That Super Bowl thrashing of New England was one in a string that were highly non-competitive. The only exception was the '88 game between SF & Cincy.

Re: NFL 2015 - 12/02/16 12:46 AM

Gronk out for rest of season(2 months). Is this just a nagging chronic problem or is him getting hurt this time a function of where they have him running routes?

Also, I caught a podcast of the show Sharpe does with Skip Bayless and was shocked to hear that his playing weight was 228.

At my heaviest, I've gotten up to 210 and it's hard for me to beleive that Sharpe was only 228 when he played.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET