Home

Doug Buffone

Posted By: NickyEyes1

Doug Buffone - 04/20/15 04:09 PM

This is sad news.

Doug Baffone died today. One of the all time great Bears. RIP.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Former-Bears-LB-Doug-Buffone-Dies-at-Age-70--300694891.html

Him and Ed O'Bradovich had a very entertaining post game Bears radio show. I'm sure Mark and some of the other Chicago guys have listened to it.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Doug Buffone - 04/20/15 04:44 PM

old George halas loved those guys.

Re: Doug Buffone - 04/20/15 05:02 PM

Listening to him and OB's post game show after a horrible Bears game was always fun to listen to. Literally having tirades about every player and coach. I'll post some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osIzg4zyKVM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kBGy64l1Ps
Posted By: Mark

Re: Doug Buffone - 04/20/15 05:39 PM

Wow. This is sad news, indeed. Doug & OB's post game Bears shows were classic. Especially this past couple of years with all that stink going on at Halas Hall.

Doug was one of the last sports radio guys in town that wasn't a douche bag. He was sincere, genuine and funny as any comedian on television.

Doug and Chet Coppock were putting the final touches on Buffone's biography set to be released this summer. Doug was one of my favorite Bears of all time.

One of the funniest stories he told was about the 1969 dismal Bears season. The Bears won only a single game that year and the offense was absolutely terrible. At one of the midseason practices, Buffone and the rest of the starting defensive unit lined up and began running all the offensive plays in the Bears playbook! The offense was angry because the defense actually ran the plays more efficient and successful!

Buffone said he never saw Head Coach Jim Dooley so angry. By the way, George Halas was angry as well! lol

Re: Doug Buffone - 04/20/15 05:42 PM

Him and OB are as old-school Chicago as it gets.

This last football season I was happy whenever the Bears lost just because I knew how great OB and Doug would be lol

Sad day for Chicago.

Re: Doug Buffone - 04/20/15 05:47 PM

lol Oh, yeah, Nicky... those post game shows were epic! Truth be told, it probably put Big Doug in his early grave! He would get so angry at Trestman and Cutler!

Old school Chicago for sure. Doug was the type of guy that would hold court in any restaurant or neighborhood bar and tell stories and entertain for hours! He will be missed.

Re: Doug Buffone - 04/21/15 05:03 PM

Heard a great Buffone story from HOF Bears defensive end Dan Hampton today on radio.

Doug Buffone was playing in his rookie year for the first time in Green Bay. Legendary coach Vince Lombardi was guiding the Packers to another successful season.

On one play, rookie linebacker, Doug Buffone chases Paul Hornung out of bounds and they both fall and roll near Lombardi's feet. Buffone looks up with scared eyes knowing that he almost knocked over Vince Lombardi.

Before Buffone could get up, Lombardi had bent over and began screaming at him. "Buffone?!? You Italian, Buffone?!?" Buffone replied with a scared nod of his head and a weak, "Yes, sir." Lombardi then said, "Then you know ‘Buffone' means clown in Italian! Get the hell off my sideline, clown!!!!"

lol

Re: Doug Buffone - 04/23/15 05:06 PM

lol Great story Mark.

I was listening to 670 the day he died, the amount of crazy, funny stories people were telling about him was crazy. You could fill 10+ pages on here of stories about him. He'll be missed.

Re: Doug Buffone - 04/23/15 10:49 PM

Yeah, The Score is really gonna miss him. They been playing a lot of his jokes and they are pretty good! I listen to 670 every day, Nicky. You?

Re: Doug Buffone - 04/24/15 12:50 AM

Pretty often! Always entertaining.

Listen to this call-in, I was listening to it on on-air when it happened and found it online. Elmwood Park Italian guy with a strong Chicago accent, hilarious.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/10/10/caller-of-the-show-jimmy-from-elmwood-park/

Re: Doug Buffone - 06/19/15 10:50 PM

Nicky, not sure if you heard but OB is joining Dan Hampton and Greg Kozlowski on a new Bears post game show on WGN Radio this season.

OB is leaving The Score after 20+ years.

Re: Doug Buffone - 06/20/15 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark
Nicky, not sure if you heard but OB is joining Dan Hampton and Greg Kozlowski on a new Bears post game show on WGN Radio this season.

OB is leaving The Score after 20+ years.

Damn he was on the score for a while. At least we can still listen to him after games! Dan Hampton will be a good fit, but nobody can ever replace Doug.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET