Home

Mets

Posted By: DuesPaid

Mets - 04/13/15 09:35 PM

Let's Go Mets!

Looking good.

Love when they beat the "Girls".... I mean the phillies.

L lolL
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Mets - 04/13/15 10:10 PM

The Braves put it on them. Might be a long year for the Mets (and I'm a Red Sox fan......lol)

Re: Mets - 04/13/15 10:51 PM

Braves do look good but they are are not 4-0 worthy. They had it, but not this year, as quick as they won four in a row they will loose four in a row this year.
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: Mets - 04/13/15 11:13 PM

I have to say Julio Teherán for the Braves has some nasty stuff but think it's too early to make any predictions a lot can happen over the course of a season. That being said Mets are going to dominate lol

Re: Mets - 04/13/15 11:52 PM

Yea the Braves have a STRONG rotation but they are very young. I too think it is too early to say one way or another who is good and who is bad, but finally they started building a team again with a strong rotation but they will take their lumps for sure.

Re: Mets - 04/14/15 10:33 AM

Mets play the Girls again tonight at 7pm.

LGM

Re: Mets - 04/14/15 01:23 PM

It is funny because the Braves were "supposed" to be the worst team in the NL east they are playing well now they will slow down.

It should be a good game Harvey v Buchanan, Matt Harvey last game 6.0 innings 9 k 1 bb 0 runs 4 hits, David Buchanan last game 3.0 innings 1 k 6 runs 4 BB 7 hits. Odds look like they are in the Mets favor

Re: Mets - 04/14/15 01:35 PM

Well dude, the thing about the Braves is if those pitchers hold up they will win a few games for sure. I think once the pressure kicks in probably after the all-star break if it takes that long, they will drop. Just too young. Like I say I'm a big Red Sox fan, but I do root for the Braves since they are considered our "home" team.

On a side note that will bore you, the only MLB game I ever went to was about 84 or 85 at the old Fulton County Stadium against your Mets. I remember Darryl Strawberry was my favorite player then and I was so happy to see him in person. And yes I agree, with Harvey going I like y'alls odds.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Mets - 04/14/15 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: DuesPaid

LGM

Dues, I live down here in Girl country, but coming from NY, I love when the Mets beat the Fillies. I love to hear the Fillie fans whine. Its even better when the Giants beat the Eagles.

Re: Mets - 04/14/15 07:45 PM

Not boring wish I could have seen the Mets live during the 80's fortunately my dad's idea of watching the kids was putting on old Met games he recorded to keep us occupied so I was able to watch those games.

I'm actually going to the game this Friday, Bartolo Colón is pitching but they are giving Harvey shirts away

Re: Mets - 04/14/15 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas

LGM

Dues, I live down here in Girl country, but coming from NY, I love when the Mets beat the Fillies. I love to hear the Fillie fans whine. Its even better when the Giants beat the Eagles.

How funnie, great.

Quick story, remember once when having lunch after a round of golf, game was on in Resturant , Phillies & Mets.... Phillie hit a HR, place went nuts, I was like...WTF, then realized I was deep in Jersey, never forgot that or ever went back, L lolL

Re: Mets - 04/16/15 12:09 AM

Nice rompin on dem Skirts.

Who's next.

Re: Mets - 04/16/15 12:15 AM

Yeah offense is waking a little

Next 4 game series with Marlins

Re: Mets - 04/16/15 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Yeah offense is waking a little

Next 4 game series with Marlins

And without Wright.

I think they confirmed he will be out 12-15 days

Re: Mets - 04/16/15 11:27 PM

Hopefully Duda and d'Arnaud stay hot while he is on the DL

Re: Mets - 04/16/15 11:31 PM

They called up Eric Cambell, it will be fine for 15days.

Then we get Davie Hustle back

Re: Mets - 04/20/15 04:05 AM

Dude,

Who are the top Mets prospects and what is the outlook on them? My nephew collects prospects that he thinks will make it big, but I know he doesn't check out the Mets often as they never seem to have a 1-5 pick. Any good ones coming down the pipeline?

Re: Mets - 04/20/15 11:43 PM

Noah Syndergaard 22 yr old right handed pitcher is supposed to be next big thing, Mets got him from Toronto when they traded R.A. Dickey. Stephen Matz 23 yr old left handed pitcher pitch well during spring training. Rafael Montero 24 yr old right handed pitcher look pretty good, he was a reliever the first week but recently moved to AAA, rumor is they are trying to get him ready as a started to maybe replace Dillon Gee

Kevin Plawecki 24 yr old catcher has some pretty decent minor league stats he was just moved up from minors to replace Travis d'Arnaud who is out with a fractured hand. Michael Conforto 22 yr old outfielder hit well for St. Lucie Mets last year. Dilson Herrera 21 yr old second baseman is hitting well and is said to be a decent fielder, probably won't see majors due to Daniel Murphy though so far he isnt hitting at all and isn't a the best fielder (in my opinion)

Re: Mets - 04/21/15 01:23 AM

Thanks man. I'm actually in business with him, but I don't deal with baseball much anymore. I do my investing in UFC cards as we have been hot there.

We had a local kid (I say local but about 40 minutes to my West) named David Dahl that went early in the 1st to the Rockies. He is an outfielder and looks like he should be moving up soon. I need to look around at our other top prospects from Bama and start following them, but I doubt I get into investing in them yet as I'm too old to sit on cards for years like my nephew can.

Re: Mets - 04/22/15 09:37 PM

2 - 1 Braves Top of the 7th.

LGM

Re: Mets - 04/24/15 10:57 AM

Subway Series.

Re: Mets - 04/24/15 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Thanks man. I'm actually in business with him, but I don't deal with baseball much anymore. I do my investing in UFC cards as we have been hot there.

We had a local kid (I say local but about 40 minutes to my West) named David Dahl that went early in the 1st to the Rockies. He is an outfielder and looks like he should be moving up soon. I need to look around at our other top prospects from Bama and start following them, but I doubt I get into investing in them yet as I'm too old to sit on cards for years like my nephew can.

I used to collect cards a lot, went for a lot of rookie cards from the 80's and 90's. Steroid era brought the value of a bulk of my cards down so I slowed down a little. Luckily my dad gave me his so I have a good "vintage" collection.

UFC cards really? Love watching it never really though about the cards though.

Subway Series.

This should be a good series, they are both playing well.

Jacob deGrom is pitching really well, 0.93 ERA 1.14 WHIP

Hopefully Matt Harvey's ankle isn't bothering him much.

[Edit]

deGrom 5.0 innings 8 hits 6 runs. Not a well pitched game, I don't like this umpires strike zone, too inconsistent
Posted By: olivant

Re: Mets - 04/25/15 12:04 PM

Hey New Yorkers! I've always been under the impression that New York is a Yankees town. True? What's the breakdown in NY between those loyal tot he Yankees and those loyal to the Mets?

Re: Mets - 04/25/15 06:32 PM

Predominantly Yankee fans where I live. I know Met fans but they are few and far between

Re: Mets - 04/25/15 07:55 PM

My area LI and the Boro's, excluding The Bronx, I feel seam pretty much split 50/50

Great game today, look forward to tomorrow's.

Re: Mets - 04/25/15 08:12 PM

Bottom end of the lineup hit well Juan Lagares 4-4 3 R Wilmer Flores 2-4 Kevin Plawecki 2-4 3 RBI 1st career HR. I am wondering when Daniel Murphy is going to pull his head out of his butt and start playing baseball
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Mets - 04/26/15 12:17 AM

Bottom end of the lineup hit well Juan Lagares 4-4 3 R Wilmer Flores 2-4 Kevin Plawecki 2-4 3 RBI 1st career HR. I am wondering when Daniel Murphy is going to pull his head out of his butt and start playing baseball

Murphy's days are numbered. Dilson Herrera is tearing up AAA, and is a huge upgrade in defense.

Re: Mets - 04/26/15 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou

Murphy's days are numbered. Dilson Herrera is tearing up AAA, and is a huge upgrade in defense.

Yeah Herrera is batting .364 .394 OBP .485 SLG

I am hoping they trade Daniel Murphy it will be a waste to have 8 million dollar player sitting the bench. Someone will want him he is a veteran player who was 2nd in hits in the NL last season, he will obviously get out of this slump hopefully soon but the Mets aren't going to sign him again so hopefully we can get some prospects for him

Re: Mets - 04/28/15 07:55 PM

Rafael Montero is pitching well so fatr5 k through 3 innings hopefully he can keep it up and get the win

Re: Mets - 05/11/15 09:12 PM

Noah Syndergaard makes his major league debut against the Chicago Cubs tomorrow, exciting stuff.

[Edit]

Noah Syndergaard 5.1 Innings 6 H 3 R 4 BB 6 K

Mets amazing offensive show of 1 hit 0 R really helped him, sigh frustrating

Re: Mets - 05/13/15 10:33 PM

Matt Harvey 7 Innings 3 H 0 R 2 BB 9 K

It wouldn't be the Mets without the bullpen blowing wins for starters and 1 for 7 with runners in scoring position

Mets DL:
Pitchers
Black, Blevins, Mejia (plus suspension) Edgins (season), Gee, Montero, Parnell, Wheeler(season)
Position Players:
d'Arnaud, Wright, Lagares (day to day)

Re: Mets - 05/14/15 02:48 AM

Man that DeGrom (sp?) kid is no joke! That rookie that went last night I think it was wasn't too bad either. I think the manager just kept him in too long.

Harvey is solid as usual.

I'm telling you, the Mets have the kind of rotation this year to make noise. These young guys are looking nasty.

Re: Mets - 05/14/15 12:25 PM

deGrom's command wasn't where it should have been against the Cubs but when he is on point it is a pleasure to watch

Noah Syndergaard definitely has some nasty stuff, he has great movement on his change and curve. I thought he pitched well for a 22 year old rookie, it was unfortunate when Daniel Murphy didn't get the out when he threw a lollipop to first, which resulted in 18 more pitches in the inning.

These injuries are a major problem; more pressure on the bullpen who are not pulling their weight. I like Plawecki and Herrera they are talented players, I think they are still AAA players, they need more time before they can really make an impact.

Kirk Nieuwenhuis has no business playing in the majors he is a career AAA player.

Mets rant over
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Mets - 05/14/15 02:52 PM

that kid Harvey pitched a good game , but, the mets could not win it for him, gotta wonder how much longer these guys will be leading their division.

is something going wrong?

Re: Mets - 05/14/15 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
that kid Harvey pitched a good game , but, the mets could not win it for him, gotta wonder how much longer these guys will be leading their division.

is something going wrong?

From the MLB 2015 thread i said this during spring training
Mets have a nice relatively young team with one of the best rotations in baseball, if everyone stays healthy I am thinking the Mets make the playoffs this year(I say this before every season).

Injuries are playing a big roll in the Mets not playing well, Terry Collins has to change the lineup and since that BA and OBP have dropped. Bad fielding, mental mistakes and errors from the infield. Mets also have 5 bullpen pitchers on DL and Jenrry Mejia is suspended for 80 games, which stacks innings on the current bullpen and adds pressure

Healthy Mets line up:
Granderson
Wright .333 BA .371 OBP 4 RBI before injury
Duda
Cuddyer
Murphy
Lagares .276 BA .301 OBP 13 RBI before injury 2014 GG winner
d'Arnaud .317 BA .356 10 RBI before injury
Flores
P

Before injuries: the 2,3,4,8 hitters all batting over .300

Mets Current line up:
Granderson
Murphy
Cuddyer
Duda
Flores
Plawecki Rookie
Nieuwenhuis .088 BA .139 OBP Career AAA player
or
Mayberry Jr. .103 BA .188 OBP
Herrera Rookie
P

Yesterday Mets went 1-7 with RISP. I said in an earlier post Herrera and Plawecki are good players but I think they need more time in AAA to mature. Having AAA players is affecting the line up

Obviously a pitcher will take a different approach with who is hitting next or who is on base and who they are facing. Baseball is definitely a mental game

Re: Mets - 05/14/15 06:05 PM

well, you certainly know your mets, and its been forever since they won a worlds championship, you deserve one.

what caught my eye on your post was " five bullpen pitchers on the DL" no team can win without good relievers.

I will be keeping an eye on them. they seem to have a couple of good starters.

Re: Mets - 05/14/15 09:42 PM

Mets DL:
Pitchers
Black, Blevins, Mejia (plus suspension)

80 friggin games...rediculous ...

Re: Mets - 05/14/15 11:16 PM

well, you certainly know your mets, and its been forever since they won a worlds championship, you deserve one.

Yeah I like the Mets, I go to spring training every year with my dad so he has had me on the Mets train since childhood, don't follow any other sports team as much. Yes 1986 it has been a while

I will be keeping an eye on them. they seem to have a couple of good starters.

Yeah well pitch game are the best

Future rotation of Harvey, deGrom, Syndergaard, Matz and Wheeler will be nice to watch

80 friggin games...rediculous ...

Yeah total disappointment

Re: Mets - 05/15/15 08:54 PM

Dilson Herrera on 15 day DL

Re: Mets - 05/16/15 08:44 PM

Last night 3 hit shutout, Tonight 13 hits 10 runs through 4 DeGrom 3-3 2 hits in one inning Wilmer Flores grand slam. I can only hope this is the Mets bats waking up

Re: Mets - 05/19/15 03:59 PM

Darrell Ceciliani CF called up from AAA making his major league debut

Re: Mets - 05/19/15 04:43 PM

Harvey pitched a good game, but he didn't get the win, im following him and hes been good last two games.

Re: Mets - 05/19/15 07:11 PM

Harvey 8 innings 6 H 0 R 1 BB 9 K

So far this season 1.98 ERA .091 WHIP 56 K darn good stats

Yeah last night was frustrating 14 innings, I am just glad they got the win keep the momentum moving forward especially against the 25-13 Cardinals

[Edit] And it is 1-0 Cardinals

In other news Kirk Nieuwenhuis designated for assignment

Re: Mets - 05/19/15 10:46 PM

WTF

Re: Mets - 05/21/15 03:27 PM

Jacob deGrom 8.0 Innings 1 H 0 R 11 K

Duda through 42 games in 2014: 5 HR 19 RBI .237 BA
Duda through 42 games in 2015: 5 HR 19 RBI .302 BA

Re: Mets - 05/21/15 03:29 PM

you are having a tough time against the cardinals. im rooting for your mets, the cardnials have been there too many times.

Re: Mets - 05/21/15 03:32 PM

you are having a tough time against the cardinals. im rooting for your mets, the cardnials have been there too many times.

Yeah bad pitching by Neise and Colon and thanks we can use as much support as possible. Who do you generally root for?

[Edit]
Splitting the series with the Cardinals even with all the injuries isn't a horrible sign

Re: Mets - 05/21/15 04:01 PM

I root for the angels in the American league, next I root for the redsox, [I hate the Yankees]

in the national I root for the giants, and the mets,[ I hate the dodgers]

Re: Mets - 05/22/15 12:09 AM

I root for the giants, and the mets,[ I hate the dodgers]

LGM

Re: Mets - 05/23/15 02:29 PM

hey, man that pitcher you got degroom, this kid allowed a

single in the first inning, then retired 23 in a row.

the angels will trade you pujols for him. ok. by the way synergaard sucked.

Re: Mets - 05/23/15 04:46 PM

hey, man that pitcher you got degroom, this kid allowed a

single in the first inning, then retired 23 in a row.

the angels will trade you pujols for him. ok. by the way synergaard sucked.

That pitcher we have Jacob deGrom for Albert Pujols? Idaho must have some high quality stuff you are smoking. Why would the Mets give up a 26 year old pitcher for a 35 year old infielder who stats are have been in decline.

Noah Syndergaard is 22 I don't think anyone expected him to be the best pitcher in the the majors, I don't know very many pitchers who have dominated when they are first brought up, but thank you for your assessment of his pitching ability.

Re: Mets - 05/23/15 07:15 PM

well, I thought you might get a kick out of that trade, ive been cussing the angels ever since they gave that guy 400 million, they got to pay that bum when he is 40.

you got the pitching, and you got a good shot this year, you deserve a shot in the series, been awhile for your team. [15 years ]

Re: Mets - 05/26/15 08:43 PM

the dude abides87..... just read about the mets new 6 man rotation.

what do you think.

Re: Mets - 05/26/15 09:25 PM

[quote=Binnie_Coll] the dude abides87..... just read about the mets new 6 man rotation.

what do you think. [/quote

Don't like it.

I think messing with a pitchers routine is bad and I think when they get too much rest it effects command.

From what I've read its about innings and pitch counts, probably has something to do with Matt Harvey's dead arm. Matt Harvey had 17 months recovery before this spring training. I say let him pitch

I would rather have Noah Syndergaard over Dillon Gee, I say let Noah pitch he has A quality stuff, let him go through his growing pains by August he will be performing better than Gee.

Re: Mets - 05/26/15 10:14 PM

Let him pitch

Re: Mets - 05/28/15 03:41 PM

I take back what I said about syndergaard, the kid can pitch. this mets team has a lot of potential, especially pitching. they could have one of the best staffs in the n.l. east.

Re: Mets - 06/02/15 04:00 PM

I take back what I said about syndergaard, the kid can pitch. this mets team has a lot of potential, especially pitching. they could have one of the best staffs in the n.l. east.

I would love to say the will be the best in NL east but could is unfortunately the proper verb.

Re: Mets - 06/02/15 04:21 PM

I would love to say the will be the best in NL east but could is unfortunately the proper verb.

if you give up on them, they will surprise you, I firmly believe they are on the right track. I guess you have to credit their G.M. for their pitching staff.

Re: Mets - 06/05/15 11:53 PM

Harvey definitely isn't dominating like deGrom has been but he got the win last night with 9 K. Tonight Neise pitched well gave up 3 runs, hopefully Mets offense can put something together in 8 & 9

[Edit] Bullpen really let this game up giving up 4 runs in the bottom of the eighth

Re: Mets - 06/06/15 08:13 AM

I love when they are on the west coast and the games are late in the evening.
Posted By: rockstar_man45

Re: Mets - 06/06/15 02:03 PM

Come on you guys. There's way more Yankees fans than Mets fans and it doesn't take a genius to figure out why.

27 World Series compared to 2. The winning isn't even comparable

Re: Mets - 06/06/15 09:38 PM

What the what,,,,

I like both teams but if I was watching a subway series with you I would be rootin for the Mets.

LGM

Re: Mets - 06/06/15 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45
Come on you guys. There's way more Yankees fans than Mets fans and it doesn't take a genius to figure out why.

yeah that is true, is this is response to the who has a bigger fan base post?

What the what,,,,

I like both teams but if I was watching a subway series with you I would be rootin for the Mets
LGM

One team guy for me Mets fan only, I have been on since I was a kid my dad had my room painted blue and orange.

Re: Mets - 06/06/15 10:21 PM

I like the mets over the Yankees, haven't the Yankees won enough?
Posted By: rockstar_man45

Re: Mets - 06/06/15 10:38 PM

What the what,,,,

I like both teams but if I was watching a subway series with you I would be rootin for the Mets
LGM

One team guy for me Mets fan only, I have been on since I was a kid my dad had my room painted blue and orange.

Yes that was a response to the fanbase question. I think the Yankees definitely have more pull internationally as well. It's gotta better brand. I don't hate the Mets at all, it's just annoying when their fans try to one up you all the time listing their sparse accomplishments while simultaneously saying things like "the Mets are going to become New York's NEW no. 1 baseball team"

Please lol

Re: Mets - 06/06/15 10:49 PM

What the what,,,,

LGM

Yes that was a response to the fanbase question. I think the Yankees definitely have more pull internationally as well. It's gotta better brand. I don't hate the Mets at all, it's just annoying when their fans try to one up you all the time listing their sparse accomplishments while simultaneously saying things like "the Mets are going to become New York's NEW no. 1 baseball team"

Please lol

Yeah that is all media hype because of the young pitching Mets have, will never happen

Re: Mets - 06/10/15 07:46 PM

jeeeez pard, the giants no-hit you. and syndergaard pitched horrible, you have got to bounce back now, you are still in striking distance of the lead.

once you start hitting, you are going to be trouble, I see you in first place in the N.L. east, within a few weeks.

ive been following you, and ive seen a lot of guys that could be hitting better,

Re: Mets - 06/10/15 07:52 PM

Yeah that was ugly, Syndergaard going through his growing pains. Matt Harvey tonight hopefully Mets offense will show up tonight

Re: Mets - 06/11/15 02:39 AM

Yeah that was ugly, Syndergaard going through his growing pains. Matt Harvey tonight hopefully Mets offense will show up tonight

When the offense shows up, they can't get anyone out. The team is gonna be in 4th place shortly.

Re: Mets - 06/11/15 03:39 AM

Crazie,,, WTF

Pitching matchup Tomorrow looks good.

LGM

Re: Mets - 06/11/15 03:58 AM

Yeah it is looking that way, Harvey must being going through some type of mental issue or something because he has shown his stuff and sometimes he looks dominant other times not so much. Jon Niese era 7.96 over the last five games hopefully he can turn things around

Mets maybe looking to trade for Aramis Ramirez

Re: Mets - 06/12/15 03:30 AM

Salvaged the series with a win

Re: Mets - 06/12/15 03:58 AM

If the Mets trade for Ramirez, that says David Wright isn't coming back anytime soon.

Re: Mets - 06/13/15 02:43 PM

If the Mets trade for Ramirez, that says David Wright isn't coming back anytime soon.

Yeah that's what it is looking like, I hope they don't give up much for a 36 year old player who may be in his final season or look for a younger player.

Bartolo Colon 9-4 kind of a high ERA at 4.41 WHIP 1.15 over 60 K, can't ask much more from a 40+ pitcher

Re: Mets - 06/13/15 06:17 PM

When the offense shows up, they can't get anyone out. The team is gonna be in 4th place shortly.

I think you are wrong about that. they are 1 1/2 games up, they have the talent to take the NL east.

Re: Mets - 06/13/15 11:45 PM

deGrom 5 H 1 R 1 BB 9 K - No decision

Another game blown by the bullpen and horrible infield defense

Re: Mets - 06/14/15 06:39 PM

yeah, looks like degroom pitched well, I hope that bullpen gets shored up for you. don't be like the angels or red sox, lose game after game because of your pen.

Re: Mets - 06/16/15 12:29 AM

Syndergaard throwing 98 on the black, pitching can truly be beautiful. 9 K in five innings hopefully offense will help him get the W

[Edit] 92 pitches through five so hopefully the bullpen throw the game into the wind

Re: Mets - 06/16/15 12:45 AM

Syndergaard throwing 98 on the black, pitching can truly be beautiful. 9 K in five innings hopefully offense will help him get the W

[Edit] 92 pitches through five so hopefully the bullpen throw the game into the wind

well, you are on top again, you get things together you can take a big lead on Washington.

Re: Mets - 06/17/15 08:04 PM

the mets last two games have seen some great pitching.

Re: Mets - 06/17/15 10:42 PM

Will we ever see Mejia again?

Maybe not if they keep this up.

Re: Mets - 06/17/15 11:57 PM

Mejia is supposed to be back July 7 I think and in my opinion he can replace Carlos Torres that guy has been garbage.

Steven Matz today 7.0 innings 4 H O R 1 BB 5 K
Season 7-4 ERA 2.11 81 K 1.14 WHIP
Hopefully we can see him in the majors within the next few weeks

Re: Mets - 06/28/15 08:48 PM

Lefty Steven Matz makes his major league debut

[Edit] First major league at bat 2 run double

[Edit] 3-3 4 RBIs
7 innings 5 H 2 ER 2 BB 6 K

Re: Mets - 06/29/15 10:46 PM

Lefty Steven Matz makes his major league debut

[Edit] First major league at bat 2 run double

[Edit] 3-3 4 RBIs
7 innings 5 H 2 ER 2 BB 6 K

That was great, cant wait to see again.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Mets - 06/30/15 11:43 PM

Watching the Cubs @ Mets tonight. That is a very good looking ball park. Nice comfy seats behind home plate...

Re: Mets - 07/01/15 12:52 AM

Wave, I will tell you if I see.

Re: Mets - 07/10/15 11:56 PM

Mets leading Dbacks

4-1

Re: Mets - 07/11/15 08:50 PM

I still think you are going to take the N.L. east. if you had a Bryce harper, nobody could beat you.

the red sox go against the Yankees today. love to see the Yankees lose.

Re: Mets - 07/12/15 02:09 PM

Lets Go Mets
Today, 1:10 PM
Citi Field, Flushing, New York
Arizona
Diamondbacks
(42-44)

@
New York
Mets
(46-42)
All times are in Eastern Time

Lets Go Yankees
Today, 1:35 PM
Fenway Park, Boston, Massachusetts
New York
Yankees
(47-40)

@
Boston
Red Sox
(42-46)
All times are in Eastern Time

Re: Mets - 07/12/15 02:41 PM

Looks like a good day for baseball.

Glad to see Matt Harvey pulled his head out of the dirty because his last few starts he was looking more like a three and not our ace.

7.0 innings 5 H 2 R 4 BB 9 K

Looking good with the strikeouts.

Hopefully Niese will have a good outing today

Re: Mets - 07/12/15 02:59 PM

Sister, Brother and nephews were sitting right behind the plate yesterday.

Think they are there again today with other relatives.

My wife and I were with them last year. Hope to get the chance to do that again this year again.

Re: Mets - 07/12/15 03:10 PM

I unfortunately hardly get to see Mets home games, my buddy has season tickets to the Yankees so I get to see Mets Yankees. The last two home games I made it to was this April prior to that it was Shea Stadiums last season, my dad brought me for my 21st birthday and my first and last beer at Shea on the same day lol

Re: Mets - 07/12/15 06:45 PM

Looks like a good day for baseball.

Glad to see Matt Harvey pulled his head out of the dirty because his last few starts he was looking more like a three and not our ace.

7.0 innings 5 H 2 R 4 BB 9 K

Looking good with the strikeouts.

Hopefully Niese will have a good outing today

ive got a solution to all of the mets problems, if you act for a moment like you are the mets GM, I have a way to put more power in your line-up so you can get in the world series.

here is my offer I will give you pujols for your degromm.
you can't turn that one down, can you?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Mets - 07/12/15 07:59 PM

Heading into the all-star break on a high and five games over .500. All in all, feeling pretty good.

Re: Mets - 07/13/15 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Heading into the all-star break on a high and five games over .500. All in all, feeling pretty good.

Yeah absolutely, if you were to tell me we would be 5 over .500 with Wright only playing 8 games d'Arnaud playing 18 and Zack Wheeler being out all season I would bet against it, definitely pleasantly surprised.

ive got a solution to all of the mets problems, if you act for a moment like you are the mets GM, I have a way to put more power in your line-up so you can get in the world series.

here is my offer I will give you pujols for your degromm.
you can't turn that one down, can you?

Binnie, my dude I am sorry but a poential ace for a 35 year old, he is playing well but I would rather have a deGrom. Angels could use a deGrom and the Mets could use a Pujols but looking towards the future I would rather keep deGrom. In three seasonal where will Pujols be and where will deGrom be?

Re: Mets - 07/13/15 12:38 AM

ok, I thought I could slip that one by you.

Re: Mets - 07/13/15 12:51 AM

Yeah absolutely, if you were to tell me we would be 5 over .500 with Wright only playing 8 games d'Arnaud playing 18 and Zack Wheeler being out all season I would bet against it, definitely pleasantly surprised.

And Dude? Just so you don't think I'm late to the party here, you might want to check out the originator of this thread which was started over eight years ago wink. But there's no need to revive it. This thread is fine. Just pointing out that I was a Mets fan before you were even a thought smile.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=573434&page=1

Re: Mets - 07/13/15 01:17 AM

And Dude? Just so you don't think I'm late to the party here

Late? Right on time, all Met fans are welcome young and old

Just pointing out that I was a Mets fan before you were even a thought smile.

That is fine my dad would probably say the same thing I am not competing with anyone.

Re: Mets - 07/13/15 01:39 AM

Just pointing out that I was a Mets fan before you were even a thought smile.

That is fine my dad would probably say the same thing I am not competing with anyone.

Of course. It was meant with the best of intentions smile.

Re: Mets - 07/13/15 02:21 AM

Re: Mets - 07/14/15 12:05 AM

What the heck was up with Kirk Nieuwenhuis 3-4 three home runs

Re: Mets - 07/14/15 12:41 AM

He'll probably be 6 for his next 50.

Re: Mets - 07/14/15 11:52 PM

He'll probably be 6 for his next 50.

Yeah that will probably be accurate. This will be the game of his career

Re: Mets - 07/19/15 11:49 PM

Fell asleep in the 12th and just woke up to see they are in the 17th inning.

LGM

Re: Mets - 07/20/15 10:28 AM

Fell asleep in the 12th and just woke up to see they are in the 17th inning.

LGM

Horrible display of hitting, I think they left like 23 players on base. Didn't think I would ever say this but thank God for Granderson

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...ticle-1.2297398

Re: Mets - 07/24/15 04:28 PM

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...ticle-1.2303169

Mets call up Michael Conforto

Re: Mets - 07/24/15 08:01 PM

dude.... those Washington nats are hanging tough, but, you are only two games behind.

I still think you will win the division, your pitching in the last weeks and playoffs will carry you to the world series.

Re: Mets - 07/25/15 01:19 AM

Just watched him ground out, hope he does well.

Good luck kid.

Re: Mets - 07/26/15 01:58 AM

Mets up 14-2 (AAA pitching for LA), Michael Conforto 4-4 4 R 1 RBI, Kirk Nieuwenhuis is 7-8 with 3 HR 8 RBIs in his last 2 games at Citi

Re: Mets - 07/26/15 03:07 AM

Outstanding.

Did not see one play today or report, happy to see this.

cool

Re: Mets - 07/27/15 08:05 PM

degroom, pitched a masterful game against the dodgers,[ I hate the dodgers] hes one of the big reasons I think you will take the east divison.

Re: Mets - 07/28/15 11:11 AM

He is pitching Cy Young caliber season.

Re: Mets - 07/29/15 01:29 AM

Jenrry Mejía suspended 162 for failing drug test.

Noah Syndergaard 8.0 innings 2 H 0 R 0 BB 9 K

Re: Mets - 07/29/15 11:40 PM

Jenrry Mejía suspended 162 for failing drug test.

WTF

Re: Mets - 07/29/15 11:44 PM

mets one game out in n.l. east, the nats can't pull away.
Posted By: barry

Re: Mets - 07/30/15 02:19 PM

You ever meet a girl who come's on to you , then tell's you she like's you then say's i have boyfriend ... that's the MET'S. there's no way in hell they can win the east with no HITTING.BIG TEASE !

Re: Mets - 07/30/15 02:26 PM

THIS QUESTION IS FOR PIZZABOY,in your estimation are the '88' mets the best team they ever had ? top to bottom ?

Re: Mets - 07/30/15 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: barry
THIS QUESTION IS FOR PIZZABOY,in your estimation are the '88' mets the best team they ever had ? top to bottom ?

one thing for met fans....... get rid of colon!!!!

Re: Mets - 08/01/15 06:50 PM

Jacob deGrom pitching tonight and Yoenis Cespedes first game with the Mets at 7 EST

Re: Mets - 08/01/15 11:09 PM

this cespedes, how good is he.

Re: Mets - 08/02/15 01:24 AM

Tied it Up

Re: Mets - 08/02/15 12:32 PM

this cespedes, how good is he.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/cespeyo01.shtml?mobile=false

You can make your own assessment but he is a good bat to have in the lineup

Tied it Up

Duda coming in the clutch last night

Re: Mets - 08/02/15 03:15 PM

Good Game.

Re: Mets - 08/03/15 02:55 AM

Tied for first place. Now it's off to Miami. It's been so fucking hot up here, I may just follow them down for a game lol.

Re: Mets - 08/04/15 01:27 AM

Mets dominating the Marlina right now.

Re: Mets - 08/05/15 05:12 AM

I was at the Nationals games Sunday Night. Citi Field was rocking like I've never seen it before.

Re: Mets - 08/05/15 06:20 PM

nats playing tough, holding on to that lead. mets to go on a long winning streak here shortly. I predict.

Re: Mets - 08/06/15 01:06 PM

Played well and took another.

Harvey all over it.

Re: Mets - 08/07/15 11:31 PM

No Gary Cohen on SNY think he is on vacation, I like Keith and Ron but Gary has the best play by play voice

[Edit] Interesting, putting infield shift on Michael Conforto

Re: Mets - 08/07/15 11:34 PM

No Gary Cohen on SNY think he is on vacation, I like Keith and Ron but Gary has the best play by play voice

I like devoted fans of their fave teams, dude. Keep it up! Baseball is the greatest sport in the world.

Re: Mets - 08/08/15 12:01 AM

[quote=thedudeabides87]No Gary Cohen on SNY think he is on vacation, I like Keith and Ron but Gary has the best play by play voice

These three are the best in the business.

Re: Mets - 08/08/15 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark
Baseball is the greatest sport in the world.

Re: Mets - 08/08/15 12:14 AM

These three are the best in the business.

100% agree

Re: Mets - 08/08/15 12:35 AM

Everyone loves their local guys but the consistant elements of knowledge, professionalism and honesty shine through with this group.

Re: Mets - 08/08/15 01:55 AM

Everyone loves their local guys but the consistant elements of knowledge, professionalism and honesty shine through with this group.

They don't sugarcoat things, when the Mets stunk they said it, the analysis is superb also

This is one heck of a game! Big hits in the 9th

Re: Mets - 08/08/15 02:33 AM

Put it in the books!

Re: Mets - 08/08/15 07:27 PM

good lead on the nats, mets great pitching will win the division.

Re: Mets - 08/08/15 09:44 PM

good lead on the nats, mets great pitching will win the division.

Don't jinx us, Binnie! lol lol
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: Mets - 08/08/15 10:14 PM

I want to get more excited but there's a long history here of getting my heart broken wink

Re: Mets - 08/09/15 12:40 AM

helen...please, positive vibes only. History, Schmistory. The Metropolitans are children of destiny.
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: Mets - 08/09/15 03:08 AM

I'll pretend it's 86. Moookie!!! smile

Re: Mets - 08/09/15 08:04 PM

he's the real DEAL... THEY BETTER SIGN HIM!! CESPEDES

Re: Mets - 08/09/15 08:18 PM

Tough loss for my Metsies. And the Yankees just got swept. The Rays are gonna catch them this month and pull away by September. Write it down.

Re: Mets - 08/09/15 11:12 PM

still can't believe they loss the " 73 series" after being up 3-2 and SEAVER and KOOSMAN going in the 6th and 7th games .

Re: Mets - 08/10/15 12:53 AM

still can't believe they loss the " 73 series" after being up 3-2 and SEAVER and KOOSMAN going in the 6th and 7th games .

I was fourteen years old. That World Series literally broke my heart.

Re: Mets - 08/10/15 02:11 AM

Tuff loss yesterday and Today.

They opened this series huge though.

The new kid went 0 for 4.

Re: Mets - 08/11/15 01:15 AM

Great at bat for Granderson and a nice hit by Murphy, Mets up 4-2

Re: Mets - 08/11/15 02:00 AM

Good win.

Re: Mets - 08/11/15 03:52 AM

how bout the SCIOSCIA homer off GOODEN in '88'playoff's ?

Re: Mets - 08/11/15 04:08 AM

I was 29. Still cried, though. But by '88 I was crying in my beer, so it was a bit more bearable.

Re: Mets - 08/12/15 01:39 AM

I was 29. Still cried, though. But by '88 I was crying in my beer, so it was a bit more bearable.

L lolL

Re: Mets - 08/12/15 11:32 PM

deGrom gave up the first Met in 29 innings, Mets pitching is superb.

Re: Mets - 08/13/15 01:47 AM

They're really starting to fucking gel. I'm getting excited now, so I need to pull it in a notch. But if they make the playoffs, there isn't a team they can't take in a series with this pitching staff.

Re: Mets - 08/13/15 11:10 AM

My brother went to the game last night and going to today's game the lucky jerk. Things haven't felt this good since 2006 and 2007 (besides the epic fall) seasons. I think I will have to go to a playoff game

Re: Mets - 08/13/15 11:26 AM

This Mets pitching staff is one of only four clubs to have three pitchers in their first four seasons post a walks-per-nine ratio under 2.0 -- the 1901 Pirates, '04 White Sox and '07 Senators being the others. Some of that credit must belong to catcher Kevin Plawecki, who ranks ninth in extra strikes, just behind the Blue Jays' Russell Martin, while filling in for Travis d'Arnaud.

Re: Mets - 08/13/15 04:11 PM

My brother went to the game last night and going to today's game the lucky jerk. Things haven't felt this good since 2006 and 2007 (besides the epic fall) seasons. I think I will have to go to a playoff game

The epic fall seasons can be blamed, in part, on Jerry Manuel stabbing Willie Randolph in the back to create dissension in the clubhouse, then jumping in bed with Omar Minaya to get the manager's job.

That's an absolute fact. A friend I grew up with (he's actually my friend's much younger brother and he's in his forties), has worked in the office (just middle management, mind you) for twenty years, told me the entire story, and I have no reason to doubt him. But at the end of the day, no excuses.

Re: Mets - 08/13/15 07:08 PM

Sweet sweep, Baby!

Re: Mets - 08/14/15 12:30 AM

Definitely not a fan of Jerry Manuel or the whole firing Willie Randolph before the season ended. Omar Minaya has an eye for talent he drafted; Murphy, deGrom, Duda, Harvey, Ike Davis, Flores and signed Familia. He just went off the deep end.

Shirt my brother got me

Re: Mets - 08/15/15 01:58 AM

Come on Mets get this run

Re: Mets - 08/15/15 11:43 AM

Tough loss, but the Nats continue to fade.

Re: Mets - 08/16/15 12:57 AM

Michael Conforto ties the game with a 2 run homer. He smoked that ball

Re: Mets - 08/16/15 01:35 AM

Wow what a throw by Cespedes one of the best arms in baseball

Re: Mets - 08/16/15 03:38 AM

Good job Rookie.

All that work.

We will get em.

Re: Mets - 08/19/15 11:46 PM

Noah Syndergaard curve is nasty. Got out of the first inning jam like a pro. I honestly think in 3-5 years he will be the best pitcher in baseball.

Re: Mets - 08/20/15 02:38 AM

ive been watching the mets box scores, and syndergaard isn't far away from the best right now, but, I do think if you can get something for him, it would be best to get rid of colon.

Re: Mets - 08/23/15 12:57 AM

Really.... Lagares playing center shallow and gives up a Triple to tie the game at 3-3.

And lets hand out some razors for those who chose to not shave.

Starting to look like a bunch of Bums.

Re: Mets - 08/23/15 02:45 AM

I guess it all worked out, I was just venting in the moment......

However, we need to hand out razors, whats with these beards.

Rediculous.

Re: Mets - 08/23/15 11:34 AM

Jon Neise 11 H 7 ER and still got the win

Cespedes had a nice series he hadnt be producing much since he got to the Mets

Hopefully the bats are waking up and it is not because they played in Colorado

Re: Mets - 08/25/15 03:00 AM

Yes Sir, you called it.

What a romp, love mashin those Phillies.

Welcome back David.

First at bat A Homerun

Great game.

Re: Mets - 08/29/15 01:29 AM

COLLINS is a idiot . bring in a dam lefty ! he blew this game

Re: Mets - 08/29/15 01:48 AM

Ball 4 and the Mets tie the game

Re: Mets - 08/29/15 02:27 AM

What was Lagares doing

Re: Mets - 08/29/15 02:29 AM

COLLINS BLEW THIS ONE

Re: Mets - 08/31/15 04:02 PM

Cuddyear should play almost every day now. He's playing like the player they expected. Lagares should be the 5th outfielder, and late inning defensive replacement. Conforto becomes the 4th outfielder. When Lagares does play, get him away from the top of the lineup. His OBP is awful.

Re: Mets - 09/03/15 12:14 AM

Conforto with number 5 and hitting at least .300 not bad for a rookie and I thought Wright may be done car heer wise with his back but he seems good as new

Re: Mets - 09/07/15 12:39 PM

I think my favorite Matt Harvey headline: Lupica article names If Matt Harvey quits he will be known as the Mets ace who quit. Man did he get killed in the press this week.

Bart Colon had a complete game shut out and has I think 24 consecutive scoreless inning streak.

Re: Mets - 09/07/15 09:51 PM

Big win big series...Jon Neise letting the Mets know he doesn't want to start in the playoffs

Re: Mets - 09/08/15 01:13 AM

Great job today, yesterday was ruff.

Re: Mets - 09/10/15 12:05 AM

That was some game last night... Unreal.

Let's do it again and lock this thing up.

Re: Mets - 09/10/15 12:16 AM

Come on Metzees. New Jersey loves ya.

Re: Mets - 09/10/15 01:22 AM

Strasburg pitched on heck of a game, Mets offense is just so hot right now. Sweep baby!

Re: Mets - 09/10/15 01:37 AM

YES!

Re: Mets - 09/10/15 01:37 AM

Insurance run 5-3

Re: Mets - 09/10/15 01:49 AM

Put it in the books!

Re: Mets - 09/10/15 10:20 PM

you should be worried about the playoffs. st.Louis, the dodgers,going to get tough for the mets when its playoff time!!

Re: Mets - 09/11/15 12:06 AM

They better get tuff since The Mets all ready are.

Re: Mets - 09/11/15 11:05 AM

Doc Gooden said during Spring Training the Mets are a playoff team not a World Series team, that was when we didn't have such depth on our bench. The only thing I can think of that may hinder our chances at going far in the bullpen.

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...ticle-1.2356469

Re: Mets - 09/12/15 12:35 PM

This is just a magical run. Hopefully it doesn't end.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Mets - 09/12/15 01:46 PM

Let's Go Mets!!!! I love the Mets

Re: Mets - 09/14/15 12:14 PM

9.5 games up

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/martino-mets-lose-lose-article-1.2359174

Re: Mets - 09/15/15 12:58 PM

That extra innings Sunday was Great.

Re: Mets - 09/15/15 01:55 PM

I switched to football with 1 out and nobody on in the 9th down by 3, only to see them still playing in the 10th when I was flipping channels. lol

Re: Mets - 09/15/15 10:44 PM

I switched to football with 1 out and nobody on in the 9th down by 3, only to see them still playing in the 10th when I was flipping channels. lol

Right.

I was moving on as well and only went in to get a drink and came back to the tube with the Mets in lead, I have DVR, rewinded and laughed the rest of the game.

Re: Mets - 09/16/15 02:05 AM

Holy shit, another three feet and that fucka was a three run homer.

Re: Mets - 09/16/15 02:07 AM

Ah shit....

As i wrote that Gordon hit it outa the park for The Marlins.

Good Night.

Re: Mets - 09/16/15 02:07 AM

9/3 Miami

Re: Mets - 09/18/15 06:16 AM

With Nats' loss to Miami last night, the Mets now have a 99.2% chance of making the playoffs, and the Nats' chances drop to 0.1%.

Re: Mets - 09/18/15 11:03 AM

Subway Series starts today, one of my favorite times of the regular season. Get to see how Mars does under a little pressure.

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...ticle-1.2365307

Re: Mets - 09/18/15 06:30 PM

Makes for a great Weekend.

Re: Mets - 09/20/15 01:28 AM

No Worries, we will break this one out.

LGM

Re: Mets - 09/21/15 12:18 AM

LGM

Re: Mets - 09/21/15 12:22 AM

1-0 Mets.

Re: Mets - 09/22/15 11:18 AM

Michael Conforto gets Mets Minor League player of the year, also has over 130 at bats qualifying him for Rookie of the Year. For a rookie batting in the upper .280s with almost 10 HRs and 23 RBIs pretty good for a guy who played as little as him

Re: Mets - 09/25/15 02:59 PM

Re: Mets - 09/26/15 10:49 PM

3 outs away from clinching

Re: Mets - 09/26/15 11:13 PM

And the ball game is over!

Re: Mets - 09/27/15 12:40 AM

How nice, it was a great celebration

Re: Mets - 09/27/15 05:38 AM

It took awhile to get going because the Mets didn't know what they should do. lol

Re: Mets - 09/29/15 12:19 AM

It took awhile to get going because the Mets didn't know what they should do. lol

Surprised they were smoking those cigars inside.

all good, very cool.

I did notice Harvey was smoking a Cigerette, when he saw that the cameras were still on them, he ditched it.

Re: Mets - 09/29/15 10:38 AM

I saw Harvey smoking a cig also, kind of disappointing.

Re: Mets - 09/30/15 03:01 AM

I saw Harvey smoking a cig also, kind of disappointing.

I believe Keith quit smoking cigarettes a long time ago. But, I found it a little disturbing when he stated over the weekend he was gonna buy a bottle of champagne and celebrate the Mets' win. I thought he hadn't had a drink since he quit cocaine back in the 80's.

Re: Mets - 10/06/15 09:02 PM

Nice surprise after work

Re: Mets - 10/10/15 02:53 AM

Jacob deGrom first pitcher in baseball history to stike out 6 batters in first two innings in a playoff game

Re: Mets - 10/11/15 12:10 AM

you deserve much credit for your win against the overrated dodgers, and overrated Kershaw.

you proved you are not going to be intimidated by L.A. and dodger stadium.

im pulling for you all the way.

Re: Mets - 10/11/15 02:13 AM

Lookin Good

Keep those Big Hits Comin

Lets Go Mets

Re: Mets - 10/11/15 04:01 AM

Utley is not a Baseball player, he is a Cheater.

Re: Mets - 10/11/15 03:02 PM

I don't think the umpires should determine a player's intent, saying Ruben Tejada was not going for the double play (even though his arm was up and it looked like he was going for the throw) and therefore allowing a challenge was the wrong call. Chase Utley played hard baseball can't say o disagree with breaking up a double play but that slide was late and nowhere near the bag, my opinion it was a dirty play. I would love to have seen MLB (Joe Torre also since he spoke about it) of this had happened to Derek Jeter

Re: Mets - 10/11/15 03:08 PM

And if Harvey goes headhunting on Monday will he get suspended and not Utley? I say throw at Adrian Gonzalez hands, sit him down for the rest of the series

Re: Mets - 10/14/15 07:13 AM

Tuesday night; mets get only 3 hits, have to face grienke in final game of dodger series.

mets bats better wake up.

Re: Mets - 10/14/15 10:11 AM

Yes they better

But you can't take away the fact that Kershaw pitch a gem. Matz had one bad inning

Re: Mets - 10/14/15 11:57 PM

Oh man, I hope we get them tomorrow

Re: Mets - 10/15/15 09:43 PM

I went to a Mets game in the Polo Grounds when Casey Stengel was the manager. Does that make me old, or unique?
Posted By: SC

Re: Mets - 10/16/15 01:45 AM

I went to a Mets game in the Polo Grounds when Casey Stengel was the manager. Does that make me old, or unique?

Old, Mary. FWIW - I also went to the Polo Grounds to see the Mets play while Stengel was their manager.

I should point out, too, you are older than me. grin

Re: Mets - 10/16/15 01:50 AM

I say it makes you guys d*mn lucky

Re: Mets - 10/16/15 03:20 AM

Yeah, Baby! grin grin

Re: Mets - 10/16/15 03:31 AM

Yes Sir.

They can do it.

Great Win.

Saturday Night, Cubbies In Flushing.

Good Times.

Re: Mets - 10/16/15 10:50 AM

Daniel Murphy dominated this series. Wright, Duda, d'Arnaud and Cesepedes news to start swinging the bat better if we plan on beating the Cubs, we were 0-7 against them I'm the regular season.

Re: Mets - 10/16/15 03:22 PM

Daniel Murphy dominated this series. Wright, Duda, d'Arnaud and Cesepedes news to start swinging the bat better if we plan on beating the Cubs, we were 0-7 against them I'm the regular season.

OMG - those guys have holes in their bats.

0-7 Ooofa

Re: Mets - 10/17/15 05:11 PM

dude, congrats on beating the overrated dodgers, 3oo million payroll, what a joke!

duda sets a record for strikeouts in post season play, and hes still playing? wright is comatose at the plate, d'arnaud not any better,

cesepedes has got to get some hits, put in some fresh bats, these guys are going to lose the cub series for you.

Re: Mets - 10/17/15 11:13 PM

Michael Cuddyer playing first tonight looks like Alderson and Collins didn't like Duda's two hit series, hopefully the defense won't suffer too much

Re: Mets - 10/18/15 01:32 AM

Hopefully the defense won't lose this game, 9 times out of 10 Lagares makes that play.

Re: Mets - 10/18/15 09:34 AM

great game against cubs, smart move replacing duda, Harvey much better than I thought,

your pitching is really coming through, and murphy, hes almost a god in new York city isn't he ? lol

great pitching man. and bats starting to wake up.

dude, you gonna continue to play cespedes? and please don't pitch colon.

Re: Mets - 10/18/15 11:58 PM

Harvey pitched the best outing all year his command was amazing.

Cespedes is very cold batting wise but he is more than just a bat, last night hr threw a player out at the plate he has one of the best arms in baseball.

I like Colon in the bullpen, one inning two innings at most, the drop in velocity from the starters is good when they are looking at pitches in the upper 90's also he has great command and good movement.

Re: Mets - 10/19/15 12:43 AM

What a catch by Granderson!

Re: Mets - 10/19/15 02:24 AM

Yes, that was goin out.

Cespedes just almost got one.

Maybe his bat will come back now

Re: Mets - 10/19/15 05:07 AM

I was at Game 1 Saturday Night. It was friggin cold, but worth it. smile

Re: Mets - 10/19/15 10:41 AM

That's awesome! Got to see Matt Harvey dominate it person, lucky

Re: Mets - 10/19/15 02:56 PM

2 and through.

Lets get these Cubbies 4 straight.

LGM

Re: Mets - 10/19/15 07:30 PM

I got the tickets from the Mets' website the day of the game. If you're patient, tickets become available on game day. You have to keep trying until they pop up.

Re: Mets - 10/19/15 10:01 PM

Nice job, Lou. Remember now, you, me and Cardi are the original Mets fans on this site grin.

Re: Mets - 10/20/15 06:39 AM

Nice job, Lou. Remember now, you, me and Cardi are the original Mets fans on this site grin.

I feel like I've been on this board forever. wink

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 01:04 AM

Murphy ties MLB post season record with a homerun in 5 consecutive games, I believe he also just passed Mike Piazza for the Mets post season HRs with 6

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 01:08 AM

Unbelievable. They really better offer this guy a two year deal for 25 million and incentives.

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 01:15 AM

Nobody is on here representing the Cubbies?!?

I'll go to bat for my Northside friends... smile

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 01:19 AM

Last I heard SRO tickets at Wrigley around $500.

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 01:26 AM

I agree. Sometimes he has his head in the sand but he is a hitter, arguably the most consistent Mets bat in the last 5 years.

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 01:27 AM

2-2. These solo shots are getting tiresome.

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 01:39 AM

The guy in the pink hat behind home plate at Wrigley...

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20151016/...f92b3-174436185

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 02:04 AM

That's great, I thought it was for breast cancer month

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 02:09 AM

That ball stuck in the ivy is a bullshit hometown call, obviously engineered and put in place by The Outfit years ago tongue.

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 02:11 AM

lolThank God for those weeds!

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 02:14 AM

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 02:23 AM

A Cespedes for the rest of us.

Co-Stan-Za....

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 02:24 AM

Big hit from Duda!

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 02:29 AM

I say this with the utmost respect for my Mets fan buddies...

FUCK!

(I'm starting to believe in that Billy Goat Curse... fuckin' Greeks!) lol

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 02:42 AM

"Fuckin' Greeks" --- Paul Vitti

You really thought that would get by me, Mark? tongue

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 02:43 AM

Holy crap - Buddy Holly pitches for you guys?!?

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 02:46 AM

"Fuckin' Greeks" --- Paul Vitti

You really thought that would get by me, Mark? tongue

lol Never, PB... I was wondering what took you so long? wink

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 02:50 AM

I was in the reading room. Three big splashes and out in time for the bottom of the eighth.

'Scarole and beans = Italian Metamucil. I wouldn't lie to you.

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 02:55 AM

lol

Seriously, you guys are beating us in every aspect of the game... fundamentals, timely hitting, base running, fielding, pitching, you name it.

Other than that we're doing great!

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 03:02 AM

Please. Half-inning to go. Don't fuckin' jinx me lol.

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 03:02 AM

Good night, fellas.

I can't take any more torture.

Congrats tonight but look out tomorrow!
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 03:33 AM

I might have to become a Met fan?

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 03:38 AM

If the Mets win it all, Girardi gets fired. Write it down. Steinbrenner's spinning in his grave already.

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 03:58 AM

Yankees will offer Murphy 5 years $100M in the offseason. lol
Posted By: marine

Re: Mets - 10/21/15 04:49 AM

yea I agree also overrated over paid like the Yankees used to be.. but Kershaw had 300 strikes out not too many guys do that any more like they used to.. more guys would but, 5 man rotations lesser innings.. and lesser pitches thrown they get taken out earlier.. but Kershaw is pretty good..

Re: Mets - 10/22/15 12:23 AM

Back to back 4-0 Mets, a lot of game left though

Re: Mets - 10/22/15 12:40 AM

Back to back 4-0 Mets, a lot of game left though

Yep. We got you guys right where we want you now... wink

Re: Mets - 10/22/15 12:47 AM

Not some pitcher in the twilight of his career? A Cashman Special.

Re: Mets - 10/22/15 12:50 AM

You can have Jason Hammel. No way Cubs bring him back next year.

Re: Mets - 10/22/15 03:15 AM

If the Mets win it all, I don't think you'll have to worry about Cashman. If George was still alive, Cashman and Girardi would have both been gone a year ago. This is three straight years without a real playoffs. You can't count the one game playoff this year (where they layed down like dogs, anyway).

Re: Mets - 10/22/15 03:39 AM

Get out the broom, baby!! smile smile

Re: Mets - 10/22/15 03:44 AM

Murphy. Unbelievable. And all this young pitching? Are you kidding me?

Where's Binnie from Idaho?? Picking potatoes?? Cuz you can't pick baseball games!!! tongue lol

Re: Mets - 10/22/15 06:30 AM

I went to Modell's tonight and picked up my Pennant Gear. smile

Re: Mets - 10/22/15 03:33 PM

How great was that....A SWEEP.

LGM

Re: Mets - 10/22/15 04:48 PM

Re: Mets - 10/23/15 08:16 AM

Murphy. Unbelievable. And all this young pitching? Are you kidding me?

Where's Binnie from Idaho?? Picking potatoes?? Cuz you can't pick baseball games!!! tongue lol

yeah, lol, boy those mets!! and that murphy, and degrom, and duda finally waking up,

you had too of felt sorry for those cubbies.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Mets - 10/23/15 09:07 AM

Don't buy from them they are fucked up. I never buy from them any more.

Re: Mets - 10/23/15 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads

Don't buy from them they are fucked up. I never buy from them any more.

Why?

Re: Mets - 10/23/15 08:55 PM

Lou, let us know if anything is made in the USA? If they are made over seas....how would they get them here so quick? World economics - I don't get it. Let's go METS!

Re: Mets - 10/23/15 09:49 PM

Yesterday, Cubs President of Baseball Operations, Theo Epstein, held an end of the year news conference.

Among many things, he commented on the fact that the Cubs needed another quality starting pitcher or two... you think!?! lol

In all fairness, it was a great press conference and they basically admitted that they really didn't think they would have such a successful season. He said they were somewhat unprepared for such a deep run into postseason play and it showed.

I am more of a White Sox fan than Cubs but I love both teams. It was an exciting ride and your guy's Mets whipped us fair and square... without a black cat, goat or Bartman! Congratulations!

Re: Mets - 10/24/15 01:23 AM

Lou, let us know if anything is made in the USA? If they are made over seas....how would they get them here so quick? World economics - I don't get it. Let's go METS!

You know, I bought the locker room shirt and cut the tag off. I have no idea where it is made. It is a licensed shirt from Majestic, manufactured by Delta. I do doubt it is made in the USA.

Re: Mets - 10/24/15 02:26 AM

That stuff literally costs pennies to make in overseas sweatshops, MC. As soon as the playoffs begin, a limited amount of every possible winner of each series are quickly sewn together and shipped to the U.S. immediately. The losses are negligible.

Years ago my brother-in-law worked for Foot Locker. He still has shirts from 1989 that show the S.F. Giants as "World Champions." That was the earthquake World Series when they lost to the A's.

Re: Mets - 10/24/15 03:41 PM

Years ago, I was watching a weekly religious news program and they were doing a story about digging wells and establishing some solid infrastructure in a remote third world country.

For the life of me, I honestly can't remember where it was but several of the kids in the village had Buffalo Bills Superbowl Champions shirts. They were shown in the background shot of a man being interviewed.

I remember reading somewhere that some of that preproduction swag that pizzaboy described gets donated to many charities.

I'm sad that those kids are probably wearing; "Chicago Cubs National League Champions 2015" shirts today... frown

Re: Mets - 10/25/15 02:07 AM

That stuff literally costs pennies to make in overseas sweatshops, MC. As soon as the playoffs begin, a limited amount of every possible winner of each series are quickly sewn together and shipped to the U.S. immediately. The losses are negligible.

Years ago my brother-in-law worked for Foot Locker. He still has shirts from 1989 that show the S.F. Giants as "World Champions." That was the earthquake World Series when they lost to the A's.

I imagine there are thousands of "non-winner" shirts worn third world countries....where no one will ever see them.

Re: Mets - 10/27/15 11:22 PM

Tough series coming, whatever happens it was a great season

Re: Mets - 10/28/15 12:25 AM

Good luck to my Mets Goombahs tonight.

Have fun and enjoy the World Series.

Re: Mets - 10/28/15 12:25 PM

dang, dude 14 innings, im rooting for you to really come alive,

winning one in KC would be good, then win all three in N.Y.

Re: Mets - 10/28/15 03:15 PM

That was alot of Work for a Loss.

Hope we get one back tonight.

LGM

Re: Mets - 10/29/15 03:19 AM

WTF is with the commentary......

Joe Buck and the Sports writer from FLA.

They Suck, its like listening to Cardboard being crushed.

The play by play is one sided, their insight is in the wind and poor.
They suck, they even suck doing the Promo's.

Its a train wreck.

Please dont tell me they will be doing this in NY as well.

We need Hernandez and Darling, at least one of them.

OOOFA!

Re: Mets - 10/30/15 05:20 AM

sorry about the loss of the second game in KC terry Collins has got to do something to get your offense moving,

there has to be some changes, too many are not hitting.

Re: Mets - 10/30/15 03:35 PM

Yes, changes.

I agree Binnie.

Its like they have holes in their bats.

Maybe being Home tonight will help.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Mets - 10/30/15 05:05 PM

Good luck tonight!!

Re: Mets - 10/31/15 12:00 AM

WTF is with the commentary......

Joe Buck and the Sports writer from FLA.

They Suck, its like listening to Cardboard being crushed.

The play by play is one sided, their insight is in the wind and poor.
They suck, they even suck doing the Promo's.

Its a train wreck.

Please dont tell me they will be doing this in NY as well.

We need Hernandez and Darling, at least one of them.

OOOFA!

Joe Suck Buck is anti-NY all the way. He is the most obvious off all broadcasters. He sounds like some kind of wind-up doll. He should be doing Roller Derby.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Mets - 10/31/15 05:41 PM

Good luck tonight!!
Posted By: olivant

Re: Mets - 10/31/15 06:41 PM

Can the Mets pull off three in a row?

Re: Mets - 10/31/15 08:24 PM

Going to be interesting tonight. KC is going with Young, the 6'10" pitcher they have. He doesn't throw hard but nobody ever seems to really hit him well.

Re: Mets - 11/01/15 03:05 AM

2 walks and an error, ugly baseball by the Mets if they lose it is well deserved
Posted By: SC

Re: Mets - 11/01/15 03:19 AM

2 walks and an error, ugly baseball by the Mets if they lose it is well deserved

Dunno if it was deserved but it was sure "earned". uhwhat

Re: Mets - 11/01/15 03:21 AM

Yes, well put.

Re: Mets - 11/02/15 02:28 AM

Mets need to stop swinging at balls.

Re: Mets - 11/02/15 03:10 PM

The Royals out played them.

Great Season.

Maybe Next Year

Re: Mets - 12/09/15 01:15 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseba...ticle-1.2459396

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseba...ticle-1.2459216

Re: Mets - 12/10/15 11:57 AM

Mets pick up two infielders and trade Jon Neise

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...ticle-1.2460955

Re: Mets - 12/17/15 03:59 AM

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...ticle-1.2468051

Too much money in my opinion

Re: Mets - 12/17/15 05:07 AM

It's actually 25% less than what they paid him the last two years. It's OK. He fills a need and provides leadership to the young arms. He keeps the clubhouse loose too. His teammates love him.

Re: Mets - 12/18/15 03:53 AM

It's actually 25% less than what they paid him the last two years. It's OK. He fills a need and provides leadership to the young arms. He keeps the clubhouse loose too. His teammates love him.

No doubt he is an asset, 30 wins in two seasons pretty darn good. Pretty penny for a 42 year old, hopefully I eat my words and he does well again.

Re: Mets - 12/24/15 11:26 PM

Murphy to the Nats for 3 Years. *sigh

Re: Mets - 12/24/15 11:54 PM

He got paid happy for him staying the the same division especially the Nats kind of a slap in the face

Re: Mets - 12/28/15 01:48 AM

He got paid happy for him staying the the same division especially the Nats kind of a slap in the face

That sucks.

Re: Mets - 12/28/15 02:39 AM

They are doing it again . being cheap , they shoulda signed MURPHY , He was just hitting his stride . they better sign UPTON . And get some bullpen help
Posted By: marine

Re: Mets - 12/29/15 04:09 PM

hold on Murphy left the Mets.??? Well Chapman just got traded to the Yankees, they did give up 4 minor leaguers.. And Yes I think the mets made a mistake if true.. gonna be interesting again this year for both Ny teams.. gotta love baseball

Re: Mets - 01/03/16 05:18 PM

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...ticle-1.2483511

Andrew Miller and Brett Gardner for Zack Wheeler, Rafael Montero, and Alejandro De Aza

That would be an interesting trade

Re: Mets - 01/21/16 03:47 AM

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/146137...12-million-deal

Mets pick up relief pitcher Antonio Bastardo

Re: Mets - 01/23/16 01:08 PM

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...ticle-1.2506858

Mets sign Yoenis Cespedes to a three year 75 million deal with the option to opt out after one

Re: Mets - 01/23/16 02:29 PM

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...ticle-1.2506858

Mets sign Yoenis Cespedes to a three year 75 million deal with the option to opt out after one

My White Sox were hot for him, dude. He wanted too much money for too little time for our needs. We still need a solid outfielder with a booming bat.

Re: Mets - 01/24/16 02:19 PM

Well I wasn't pleased with his performance in the post season but he is definitely the power we need and we gave him incentive to play well.

Maybe something like thus will happen:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/01/23/l...or-a-power-bat/

Re: Mets - 02/07/16 05:29 PM

11 days until pitchers and catchers report to Port St. Lucie.

Super excited for spring training, every year my dad and I go down for a week

Re: Mets - 02/12/16 10:25 PM

Jenrry Mejia banned from baseballfor failing third PED test

Re: Mets - 02/15/16 12:58 AM

All the good he could have done on and off the field , down the drain.

Sad.

Re: Mets - 04/03/16 11:55 AM

Mets and Royals 8:30 EST

Re: Mets - 04/08/16 12:51 AM

Home opener tomorrow 1:10pm PHILA

Dogs and beer ready.

Re: Mets - 04/13/16 02:37 AM

Noah Syndergaard 7.0 innings 1 R 1 BB 12 K

No offense

Re: Mets - 04/13/16 02:53 AM

Ooofa

Re: Mets - 05/08/16 01:40 PM

http://m.mlb.com/video/v669453283

Bartolo Colon's first career homerun last night

Re: Mets - 06/07/16 01:29 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseba...ticle-1.2663732

Re: Mets - 06/09/16 01:05 AM

Mets trade for Kelly Johnson

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/mets-traded-kelly-johnson-article-1.2665861

Mets aren't looking so sharp (pitching included), injuries a racking up hopefully some change will put them in the right direction.

Re: Mets - 06/16/16 04:23 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/david-wright-neck-surgery-article-1.2676152

David Wright to have neck surgery

Re: Mets - 06/19/16 01:42 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseba...ticle-1.2679027

Both Yoenis Cespedes and now an unnamed ex-Met both want the Mets to sign Yulieski Gourriel.

I thought I heard they were moving Walker to third and calling up Herrera.
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: Mets - 06/30/16 01:39 PM

Not good. We need bats. Verret pitched well enough last night. Even if we lose an arm and Harvey is up and down, we should be competing much more. I'd hate to trade off one of those arms (wheeler or even Harvey) but we are two bats away from being back in this. Obviously the wild card is right there but I want the division and a ring. Ownership needs to bust moves and I don't mean Jose Reyes.

Re: Mets - 07/05/16 01:37 PM

5 in a row now hopefully they can turn the season around

Harvey got rocked again

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseba...ticle-1.2698832

Jose Reyes will play on Mets game

Re: Mets - 07/28/16 01:30 AM

Big hit for Ces of Wainwright hopefully Mets don't blow the lead

Re: Mets - 08/01/16 09:48 PM

Jay Bruce to Mets for Herrera, Jon Nieae back on the Mets

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseba...ticle-1.2734248

Re: Mets - 08/14/16 06:39 PM

Matz has no hitter through 6

Re: Mets - 08/15/16 03:23 AM

dude, had to give up on my team, the L.A. angels, very, very sad
excuse for a team. now I fear, next year, next year, next year.

Re: Mets - 08/16/16 04:39 PM

Yeah I'm kind of feeling that way about the Mets this year injuries after injury. We will see though

Re: Mets - 08/17/16 01:13 AM

dude you got great pitchers, and they are young. the angels got a bunch of ragarms. they gave pujols 400 million, and now they have nothing to spend on pitching, I think there is a message there, much like the rangers opening up the bank for a-rod,
and then finishing last.

its madness, and it killed the angels, like it killed the rangers.

Re: Mets - 08/19/16 02:32 AM

Well pitching will win ball games no doubt about it.

Re: Mets - 08/19/16 06:54 PM

Well pitching will win ball games no doubt about it.

its everything, good pitching always trumps good hitting,

question for you dude. what position is the fastest way to get to the big show,.

what do the BB scouts look for, more than any other. answer... pitchers, and catchers.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Mets Re: Strawberry Fears for Gooden's Life - 08/20/16 03:15 AM

Gooden missed an event today, and Straw's thinking the worst.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/darryl-stra...-232645852.html

Re: Mets - 08/20/16 12:30 PM

That is a tough one maybe not a position but I think power at the plate and pitch velocity will get the attention of scouts quicker than anything

Re: Mets - 09/17/16 08:22 PM

Jacob de From likely needs elbow surgery

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseba...ticle-1.2796258

Re: Mets - 09/25/16 08:01 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseba...ticle-1.2805756
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET