Home

Mayweather Vs Pacquiao

Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 12/13/14 07:33 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/dec/13/floyd-mayweather-manny-pacquiao#comment-44942270

Is it too late?

I'd still pay to watch it.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 12/13/14 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

No, it's not too late. Aged fighters will often put on a good show when fighting each other.

Ali Frazier 3 (The Thrilla in Manilla) was one of the ten best fights I've ever seen. And I've seen A LOT of fights. Neither one of them belonged in the ring with a younger opponent by that time. But they were made for each other.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 12/13/14 08:52 PM

I don't think it's too late, and I'd watch it, but I wouldn't pay to watch it. Mostly because I hate Mayweather. And watching him fight frustrates me.
Posted By: jipjones

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 12/13/14 09:17 PM

Mayweather's to big of a pussy I don't c this fight ever happening hope im wrong but Pacquiao wants to fight him seems like Mayweathers the hold out! hope im wrong but dout it
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 12/14/14 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: XDCX
I don't think it's too late, and I'd watch it, but I wouldn't pay to watch it. Mostly because I hate Mayweather. And watching him fight frustrates me.

Same here. I wont spend no $70 to watch Mayweather set money on fire at the club. I don't care much for boxing anymore as the players suck and plus I'm a MMA guy.

This is the only boxing match I want to see, and I hope Manny beats him.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 12/14/14 06:08 PM

the idea that a fight like this couldn't/wouldn't be put together 5 years ago just speaks to how fucked up the sport is and will continue to be. this would've been the biggest fight of all time, 2 million+ ppv buys, $50,000,0000 purses to each fighter, yet it never happened and i doubt it happens now. back in 2008, this was a pick 'em fight, today mayweather is/would be a heavy favorite. speaking of floyd, some of his best work right here, 2 young, hungry and undefeated fighters going at it. granted, corrales had legal problems going into this fight, but the experts were pretty much split down the middle as to who was going to come out on top...

Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 12/17/14 10:33 AM

Would still love to see it but have my doubts about it ever happening!!
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/08/15 06:25 PM

Mayweather ducked this fight for years. It turned from the fight of the century to grudge match real quick because he waited so long. He waits until fighters are either past their prime, or he just fights clearly inferior fighters. And he calls himself the greatest.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/09/15 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
Mayweather ducked this fight for years. It turned from the fight of the century to grudge match real quick because he waited so long. He waits until fighters are either past their prime, or he just fights clearly inferior fighters. And he calls himself the greatest.

That is exactly what he done with Manny. If you noticed the talks haven't got hot lately until Manny was KO'd not too long ago and since then Floyd has "listened" to the talk about the fight.

I still want to see this fight though and would LOVE to see Manny beat him.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/10/15 05:28 PM

I would love to see it as well. Either way floyd isn't anywhere near the greatest in my eyes. His fights are so boring because he never goes for any knockouts. Just runs away for a lot of the fight it seems.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/10/15 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Originally Posted By: XDCX

Same here. I wont spend no $70 to watch Mayweather set money on fire at the club. I don't care much for boxing anymore as the players suck and plus I'm a MMA guy.

This is the only boxing match I want to see, and I hope Manny beats him.

There is no MMA guy who can come close to beating a real boxer if he had to just box with box gloves on.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/11/15 01:10 PM

That can be vice versa as well

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/11/15 01:11 PM

It's not about what style of fighting you have its how you utilize it. A boxer can beat a black belt mma guy and the same can happen the other way around. It's all about how you utilize your talent.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/12/15 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
There is no MMA guy who can come close to beating a real boxer if he had to just box with box gloves on.

Well duh! Put Floyd Mayweather in the octagon and see how long he lasts lol
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/13/15 06:46 PM

PB: The Thrilla in Manilla is my favourite ever fight, it may be because of my manic Ali fanboyism tongue , or just because it was one of the greatest ever. Obviously i've only seen it Decades after it happened, so i love to here the opinions of people who watched it when it went down.

On topic: to blame the fact this fight hasn't and will never happen on a single fighters doorstep is laughable. Remember Manny pulled out the first two times because firstly he didn't want to go through the drug test regime Mayweather regularly goes through, because of an apparent fear of needles something that should (but clearly hasn't) raise a few eyebrows. Then it was an argument over the profit split which is understandable, except Mayweather is the most marketable athlete on the planet and despite how many fans Pac has Floyd has consistently sold out more events. Now we have the latest apparent Floyd issues, which people are now pointing to as if Floyd is scared when the fight could've been over with by now if Manny hadn't done the same as Floyd is now twice.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/14/15 04:26 AM

Mayweather has been ducking Pacquiao for years. By the time he would actually be willing to fight him, it would be too late.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/14/15 01:47 PM

Mayweather is gonna beat him. I don't think he'd be able to beat pac man in his prime but he's past that now. Which is what mayweather wanted. He's not a real boxer he's scared to fight the best out there when they're at their best. Camarel, you should check out the Tommy Hearns and Marvin Hagler fight.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/15/15 05:51 AM

I really disike Mayweather, i hate the way he flaunts his wealth about, horrible person. I really hope Pacquiao beats the crap out of him..
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/15/15 05:56 AM

Rumblings here in Las Vegas are that the fight will not take place this year, but rather early 2016.

There is a 20,000 seat arena under construction behind The Strip, and is expected to be completed early next year. That arena is 4,000 seats larger than the MGM Grand Arena, where Mayweather has exclusively fought since 2007.

The logic is that this would be a marquee fight to usher in the new arena.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/15/15 10:06 PM

Is Wahlburgers up there yet? I watch the show and saw that they were building one out there in Vegas. But I'll be more disappointed than I am now if they fight in 2016. They're already out of their prime and a year longer won't help. PB makes a good point about how veteran fighters can still put on great shows like ali and frazier but at least they still foght the first two times when they were in their primes. Another example of two veteran fighters putting on an amazing show is the fight between Henry "Razor" Sharp and Billy "The Kid" McDonnen. Amazing fight between two legends.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/15/15 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
I really disike Mayweather, i hate the way he flaunts his wealth about, horrible person. I really hope Pacquiao beats the crap out of him..

It's a stupid persona he's adopted, as he's said just as much of my fans pay for my fights as people who hate me and want to see me lose so i want to show them how much money they are giving me, horrible mindset but it clearly works since he is the richest athlete on the planet.

@Revis I've watched the Hearns-Hagler fight as well as the rest of the Hearns-Hagler-Duran-Leonard fights from that time. Great fight but i've always felt it was a bit overrated.

I also completely disagree with the idea that Floyd isn't a real boxer or was/is scared to fight anyone. I think Deniros post shows that Floyd is just that unlikable that the moment he has a problem with the fight going forward it's him running scared, as i said Manny was the one that refused to follow Floyds strict Drug Testing that he's followed for his entire career because he's apparently scared of needles (i think he's scared of random drug tests) for just one fight. It's scary that noone mentions/questions that but the moment Floyd disagrees he's scared, not a real boxer, etc.

Also who has Floyd avoided exactly? He's bet every top fighter other than Manny, and outside of him i've never heard of any complaints from fighters camps, or even fans that Floyd was avoiding someone peak or not.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/16/15 03:53 AM

Is Wahlburgers up there yet? I watch the show and saw that they were building one out there in Vegas. But I'll be more disappointed than I am now if they fight in 2016. They're already out of their prime and a year longer won't help. PB makes a good point about how veteran fighters can still put on great shows like ali and frazier but at least they still foght the first two times when they were in their primes. Another example of two veteran fighters putting on an amazing show is the fight between Henry "Razor" Sharp and Billy "The Kid" McDonnen. Amazing fight between two legends.

Not open yet. Last I heard it was supposed to be end of February.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/17/15 11:07 PM

I believe he's unlikable mostly. But there's no denying that he doesn't fight the best fighters when they're at their best. No way he's be able to be nearly as successful in the golden age of boxing. Which was the duran, leonard, Hearns, hagler era. Hagler was very underrated I felt. Let's not forget Aaron pryor. He was a monster. He never stopped with his punches and he could be technical as a boxer too.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/17/15 11:41 PM

There is plenty of denying that he doesn't fight the best fighters: since he fights the best fighters and has defeated every one of them. Again who are the best fighters that Floyd has avoided? And why is Manny giving a pass for his questionable behaviour?

The Golden age of boxing is subjective, imo the Golden Age of Boxing was the Ali,Norton,Shavers,Liston,Holmes,Frazier,Foreman,etc HW division.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/18/15 07:17 AM

Still skeptical that May 2 is going to happen, even though MGM is holding the date open. Supposedly the purse is $200 million, on a 60/40 Mayweather split.

As of tonight, the Nevada Athletic Commission has yet to receive an approval request.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/18/15 11:24 AM

Shane Moseley, he avoided him for a while then finally fought him when he was 100 years old. I never thought Moseley was that good to be honest either way but he was still competition. And don't get me started on Pac. He's been avoiding him for a while now. For God's sake Pac went on espn first take on national television about 2 years ago and said he agreed to everything. Blood testing, 45-55 split and everything else. Pac has signed the contract already. Floyd hasn't yet. I understand that the boxing competition sucks at the moment and it's not Floyd's fault but you have to do something. Move up and fight Golovkin and ward. Just do something. That's my opinion.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/18/15 11:25 AM

I don't even think it's worth it anymore because I think Pac is washed up now. He should've fought him after pac beat cotto. But now both are out of their primes and I don't think pac will win. He is a southpaw so he does have a chance at least.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/18/15 01:33 PM

Shane Moseley, he avoided him for a while then finally fought him when he was 100 years old. I never thought Moseley was that good to be honest either way but he was still competition. And don't get me started on Pac. He's been avoiding him for a while now. For God's sake Pac went on espn first take on national television about 2 years ago and said he agreed to everything. Blood testing, 45-55 split and everything else. Pac has signed the contract already. Floyd hasn't yet. I understand that the boxing competition sucks at the moment and it's not Floyd's fault but you have to do something. Move up and fight Golovkin and ward. Just do something. That's my opinion.

I've never heard anything about Floyd avoiding Shane, Floyd fought Shane in his 2nd fight of his 1st comeback after 2 years out, yeah he was pretty old but he was ranked number 3 in the world you can't get much more prime opposition than that.

Actually Bob Arum came out saying Manny was willing to go through unlimited drug tests, and shortly after this Michael Koncz from Manny's camp came out denying Manny had agreed to anything yet. Clearly more of the biggest stumbling block to this fight Arum, stirring the pot. Following this Floyd phoned Manny telling him he couldn't go for a 50/50 split but that he would make more money than he ever had before, Manny has confirmed this. Manny's comments on first take were made shortly after Floyd had been released from prison, and there has been no followups from either camp, so I take his words with a grain of salt.

I certainly don't think Floyd is innocent in all this, but everyone lays it 100% at his feet which is moronic.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/18/15 09:49 PM

I don't even think it's worth it anymore because I think Pac is washed up now.

Not exactly washed up, but past his physical--and mental--prime.

The problem with being known as "the greatest fighter in the world pound for pound" is that it puts a boxer on a very high, very precarious pedestal. Way too easy to fall off and be permanently damaged. A loss, a draw, or even a split or majority decision can knock a champ off, and damage his confidence and morale. Roy Jones Jr. was easily "the greatest fighter in the world pound for pound" in his day. One loss led to another loss--and he was history.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/19/15 12:48 AM

It's both of their faults no doubt. But from what we can all see, Floyd has been ducking. Maybe there was more going on behind the scenes but I haven't exaclty seen floyd defend his case too much like he normally would. Aaron Pryor wasn't even top 5 o his generation but he'd easily be the best in this generation miles ahead of floyd. He thinks that just because he's undefeated that makes him the greatest of all time.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/20/15 08:20 PM

Looks like May 2 is a go:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/boxing/mayweather-pacquiao-fight-finally-set

Wonder if the sports books here in Vegas will take bets on the fight being postponed?

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/20/15 10:37 PM

Blerg...

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/20/15 11:40 PM

$89.95 is the early thoughts on price. (that's the digital only, not HD which they think is $10 more)

Fuck that.
Posted By: ItalianForever

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/21/15 10:22 AM

If you look at Mayweather's career he has had trouble with southpaws. I am going with Pac man on this fight. I think he wins a close decision.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/21/15 01:49 PM

$89.95 is the early thoughts on price. (that's the digital only, not HD which they think is $10 more)

Fuck that.

Gotta raise that $200 million purse somehow.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/22/15 08:07 PM

I think that's why he has never been so adamant when it comes to fighting paq. Because he's a lefty.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/23/15 02:41 AM

I think that's why he has never been so adamant when it comes to fighting paq. Because he's a lefty.

Or Manny has avoided Floyd just as much, something you claimed you agreed with before floating towards the usual 'Floyd is scared' Bullshit rolleyes . I was going to leave that as is, but you ignored everything i said in my response to you. Please respond to it, or at least make these comments on the same page i was disagreeing with you on.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/24/15 12:18 AM

Why would Manny avoid Floyd? Manny has always pushed for the fight and bent over backwards to fight Floyd.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/24/15 12:47 AM

Why would Manny avoid Floyd? Manny has always pushed for the fight and bent over backwards to fight Floyd.

And him letting Mayweather take a 60% cut of the purse goes to support that point.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/24/15 12:52 AM

Worth a look -- looks like quite a bit of cajoling to get Mayweather to agree to a May 2 fight.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/boxing/mayweather-boxed-corner

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/24/15 01:08 AM

Pac Man wanted this fight 6 years ago. Floyd didn't want it and was waiting until pac slipped a bit. Floyd did a lot of damage to his legacy as a result. Beyond a few people who wish floyd would let them into his entourage nobody actually believes that pac man was the problem.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/24/15 11:29 AM

It is going to be a mega, mega fight but there is no denying it is 5 years too late. Money Floyd Lotsa Bucks turns 38 today!!

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/24/15 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel

Or Manny has avoided Floyd just as much, something you claimed you agreed with before floating towards the usual 'Floyd is scared' Bullshit rolleyes . I was going to leave that as is, but you ignored everything i said in my response to you. Please respond to it, or at least make these comments on the same page i was disagreeing with you on.

I said they are both at fault. I didn't say they were both equally at fault because most of the blame goes to Mayweather. Manny has wanted this fight for a while now and that's been well known. Whereas with floyd, we don't really know if he wanted this. He usually makes everything public but not his desire to fight manny. Someone in his camp says he's been wanting to fight him for a while but that's what you would expect him to say. All of Floyd's money team are just people who want to suck up to him. And the funny thing is that he doesn't care lol

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/24/15 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
It is going to be a mega, mega fight but there is no denying it is 5 years too late. Money Floyd Lotsa Bucks turns 38 today!!

Agreed! Imagine how big it would've been about 5 years ago when they were both in their primes.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/24/15 05:45 PM

And it wasn't the money it was nothing more than mayweather being safe trying to protect his legacy.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/24/15 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel

I said they are both at fault. I didn't say they were both equally at fault because most of the blame goes to Mayweather. Manny has wanted this fight for a while now and that's been well known. Whereas with floyd, we don't really know if he wanted this. He usually makes everything public but not his desire to fight manny. Someone in his camp says he's been wanting to fight him for a while but that's what you would expect him to say. All of Floyd's money team are just people who want to suck up to him. And the funny thing is that he doesn't care lol

Yes they are both at fault. Floyd 99% and Manny 1%.

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/25/15 03:53 AM

Ok, there's clearly no point in continuing since the genuine consensus is that Floyd is 99% to blame. Honestly i doubt i would be able to find a Phillipines based Manny fan site, that gave Floyd more of the blame.

Whatever!

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 02/26/15 02:29 AM

Idk I just don't see how anybody can defend floyd when floyd doesn't even defend himself when people ask him about manny. Whenever he was asked about fighting him he never really seemed assertive, bragadocious or over the top like he usually is. Manny's camp has been calling him scared for the longest time but floyd never really said too much back which is completely out of his character being that he's very confident and cocky. But we all have our opinions I guess. This fight is 5 years late though there's no denying that.
Posted By: PhillyMob

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 03/11/15 12:14 AM

Rooting for manny. My in laws I'm Florida are watching it and I'll be moved down there by then so looking forward to the fight.
Posted By: Girlie

Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao - 03/12/15 10:41 AM

Looking forward to attending the fight. Brings back memories of my grandfather making me watch fights Saturday Nights.

Also looking forward to placing the bet with someone else's hard earned money!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET