Home

Paul Konerko

Posted By: NickyEyes1

Paul Konerko - 09/28/14 09:39 PM

Being overshadowed by Jeter, and not sure if there's any Sox fans on here except me and Mark.

But congrats on retirement Paulie! Chicago will miss ya!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Paul Konerko - 09/28/14 10:11 PM

Bobby Abreu played his last game today, too. He was only a Met for a year but he was a heck of a ballplayer in his day. He ended up just shy of 2500 hits and 300 home runs. Pretty close to Hall of Fame credentials.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Paul Konerko - 09/29/14 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Bobby Abreu played his last game today, too. He was only a Met for a year but he was a heck of a ballplayer in his day. He ended up just shy of 2500 hits and 300 home runs. Pretty close to Hall of Fame credentials.

Didn't even realize that he's retiring too! Did you go to any of his final Yankees games PB? (I know you're a die hard mets fan, but it would be cool to see)

Konerko and Abreu are both hall of fame worthy, but you never know with the baseball HOF.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Paul Konerko - 09/29/14 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Didn't even realize that he's retiring too! Did you go to any of his final Yankees games PB? (I know you're a die hard mets fan, but it would be cool to see)

Konerko and Abreu are both hall of fame worthy, but you never know with the baseball HOF.

Konerko should, and is a class act to the White Sox. Abreu though I have no idea if he will or should. I do remember when he was playing for the Phillies, and was in the Home Run derby. I can't remember if he won the competition, but he hit a lot of home runs in the first round. After that year he was traded to the Yankees if I remember right, and really haven't heard nothing of him since.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Paul Konerko - 10/02/14 10:05 PM

One of the best Sox of all time. I will miss Paulie and his leadership, integrity and class. Great guy, super teammate and captain. Go Sox!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET